Maybelline Define-A-Brow

4.2

Ethylhexyl Stearate, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Silica, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Methylparaben, Tocopherol, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Retinyl Palmitate, Propylparaben, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Ethylparaben, May Contain (+/-):, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Mica, CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 75470 (Carmine) (Carmine), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green) (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77400 (Copper Powder) (Bronze Powder), CI 77400 (Copper Powder), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) (Titanium Dioxide), FD&C Blue 1 (Blue 1 Lake), FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake (Yellow 5 Lake)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Fantastic stuff! Looks natural, stays put and easy to use.

on 10/9/2013 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

This is my HG brow pencil! I've tried just about every drugstore brow pencil out there and this is my favourite. I use the colour Medium Brown. This does not move, even on my extremely oily skin. I can get a precise line because it's very thin. The colours don't have too much red in them and I think it makes my brows look about as natural as they can while still being defined. The only thing I don't like is that once you twist the product up, you can't twist it back down.

on 9/26/2013 8:59:00 PM

I don't think they discontinued the dark brown colour. I still see it at my local Pharmasave. Great product! Even though it is quite pricy for the amount of product you get.

on 9/26/2013 9:26:00 AM

I love this product--it is the easiest to use and lasts long once it's on. I agree, however, that you've got to be careful not to twist too much product out, and that it'd be nice to get a little more in the container. I use the light brown, I think, and it looks excellent and natural. I bought it as a replacement for an Anastasia brow product, and thought this was very similar but actually better. Stayed on longer, easier to deal with. And I use the comb for my lashes, which is handy.

Note: Here's a possible replacement I read about on Amazon for those of you bummed about the discontinuation of the dark brown color:
"UPDATE as of Feb 2013: REPLACEMENT FOUND!!! The NYX Auto Eyebrow pencil is an excellent replacement to the old Maybelline Dark Brown pencil. I have dark brown hair and the black worked perfect since it's not that dark. However, the brown had a bit of a reddish tint to it. The NYX Eyebrow pencil has a matte texture, it's easy to apply, self-sharpening, and it doesn't smudge even when working out."

on 8/25/2013 4:13:00 PM

the best drug store brow product ever! brow wiz dupe! it is a bit pricey for the amount of product that comes in it. i stock up when its on sale.

on 8/23/2013 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing. I prefer it over Anastasia brow kit. It's just so creamy and looks so natural to fill in sparse areas. Just wow. I would appreciate it more if they lowered the price because this stuff doesn't last long but it's worth it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this when my hair has been platinum and when my had been black... I like the way this applies on my brows and I like how it stays on but I hate that it doesn't last long. I used it for a few weeks and I skipped day and It was all gone. Also the lightest shade pulls reddish tones. It's an ok eye brow pencil but I'd spend the extra money and get the sephora brow pencil that last longer and colors are more natural.

on 8/18/2013 10:22:00 AM

BEST brow product I've ever tried. It comes in a super fine twist up pencil. No sharpening needed, and you won't have to worry about twisting up too much because it twists up the smallest amount each time.

It's best to use light strokes (so as to not make the brows look unnatural). The pencil is quite hard, so you can get a precise line, but this also means that the pencil lasts a long time (at least several months with daily use).

It isn't super non budgy, so be careful not to touch your eyebrows too much. This shouldn't be too much of a problem really...

You may also need a clear gel or something to keep the brows in place.

on 8/16/2013 1:46:00 PM

I have this HOLY GRAIL mother of an eyebrow pencil in dark blonde. Let me tell you. I teach spinning classes, and I swim laps, and my eyebrows are still on!! This is half the cost of the sephora waterproof eyebrow pencil, and the color is more blonde than taupe. continued >>

on 8/7/2013 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

My eyebrows are nearly nonexistent and I have been searching endlessly for the perfect brow option. I found this product for about 7$ at target and I decided to try it out and honestly I love it. You don't have to sharpen it so you get your brows perfectly detailed with extreme ease and they look very natural. The formula is very nice, not to heavy and waxy like a lot of brow pencils I have previously tried. And for me I've found it stays all day long without ANY issues at all. However I did just read that they are discontinuing the "Dark Brown" color which I hope desperately is not true because it is the perfect color with out any reds in it which I find a lot of brunettes need.

Popular Brows Products