MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre

4.2

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 10/28/2013 11:08:00 PM

I love using this as a primer and also to cover dark circles under my eyes. I use this eye shadow as the building base for my eye makeup routine. It has a soft feathery creamy texture and feel and looks as silky soft on my eye lids. It adds a little sparkle of shimmer while keeping my eye shadow color bold and long lasting.

on 10/28/2013 10:10:00 PM

My eye area has been showing more discoloration as I've gotten over 40, so after reading reviews, decided to try a paint pot. I was on the fence for a bit, between painterly and soft ochre, but realizing there is some pink in my skin, decided the soft ochre would help cancel that out a little better. Well, it does, and does a decent job as a primer, but here's the best part....I've started using this along the inner corner of my eye, and underneath it towards cheekbone. A little tap of it does wonders to clean up/finish my eye area after all other eye makeup complete. Kind of like a drier concealer. I think I like it more for that use than as an e/s primer! Anyway, it works for my skin tone and will be keeping a pot of it in my staples stash!

UPDATE: 6 months later and I don't miss a day with this stuff. Gives my aging eye area a nice even tone.

Update: It's been two months since my initial review and still really happy with this! I took it on vacation to Cabo where I did a very minimal makeup look (if at all), and this was an essential....cleaned up my lids and gave them a fresh look instead of the 44 year old, discolored eye area. :) I continue to use down into bridge of nose and below and love it!

on 10/21/2013 3:30:00 PM

This one is just lovely, I prefer those thick bases to the thin ones like the urban decay one which i never use anymore.
The only con is that it feels sticky at first, so I wouldnt wear it by itself but I always put shadows on later so ir doesnt really matters.

First I thought this shade would be too yellow for me, I went in to buy painterly but the lady at the store told me how nice she thought the yellowish one looked on red-ish lids for neutralizing and I rend to use yellow based foundations so it was the perfect match ! :D

I think it is very pricy, at least in iceland, its around 45 usd, but i dont regret the buy.
I also reccomend nyx shadow base for those on a budget, Its my second fav base.

on 10/6/2013 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Great for neutralizing the very dark, purple undertones of my lids, a perfect match for warmer, light skin tones (i'm a NC15-20). I own 6 paint pots and this is the most difficult to work with. It doesn't have the super creamy formula of the others, can appear patchy if not applied carefully but a great result can be achieved with practice. Will def buy again.

on 10/6/2013 12:48:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a great product overall! It's inexpensive since Mac is inbetween highend and drugstore. It primes the eyelids by getting rid of any discoloration and keep eyeshadow from creasing. I originally was going to get Painterly, but heard this was better for yellow undertones (I'm a NC20 in Mac) and also it covers discoloration better. The only downsides are the packaging isn't very hygenic due to its jar form, and it can dry out my eyelids very easily and it will cling to dry patches on your eyelids. For most people that won't be a problem, but for all of us dry skin girls it's a major problem.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is my first MAC paint pot & I love it. The colour is perfect (I don't understand how people can use painterly.. it's SO pink) for my skin tone and it covers up any redness on my eyes nicely. I use it as a primer & it helps my eyeshadows stay all day. I'm only worried it will dry out.

on 10/2/2013 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE THIS STUFF. With all my eye shadow primers leaving me desiring more, I decided to give this a try. Although I never use this as an eyeshadow on its own, i love using it as a base. It instantly leaves a flawless canvas for eyeshadow and makes any eyeshadow I put over it really pop.

Not to mention, for me at least, it doubles as an eye shadow primer. Definitely recommend!

on 9/21/2013 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I have dark eyelids and work long hours, which leads to very fatigued looking eyes. This is a workhorse for me. I use this everyday and it corrects the darkness and ads brightness and makes me look awake. It does crease alone so I dust it off with a matte Bobbi Brown eye shadow. I have had my pot for almost a year and use it everyday and I'm only half way done - would repurchase.

on 8/11/2013 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love using this as an eyeshadow primer. It makes even the cheapest eyeshadow stay on all day. I have been looking for something like this forever since I mainly only use eye makeup and love eyeshadow. This is the only product I will use as my primer. It is a bit pricey but lasts forever. MACs best product in my opinion. I love it so much!

on 7/3/2013 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I switch between using this and Painterly as eyeshadow primers.

Soft Ochre is certainly more yellow on my very fair skin (NW10, freckled), however, I have a lot of purple on my eyelids and so the yellow works perfectly to cover the purple and give me a nice base to apply eyeshadow colors.

It's excellent as a primer and base for all eyeshadows except for stark white or light colors with blue undertones. That's when I use Painterly instead.

Top Rated MAC Products