October 25, 2014 | 1618 users online

Crème - Becca - Stick Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2008 12:19:00 PM More reviews by starspex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

The price of this is VERY dear @ £35!
however i've been on a HG hunt since forever so i thought i'd give it a try as i was sick of my older foundations not being on par. What i love about this is that its the first foundation i've ever used on my dark skin that doesn't look ashy upon application! i was so used to having to wait for my own face oils to break through for my makeup to look natural in the past especially with mac studio fix which i've quit using so becca is great for that. its also good at none- transfer. With 34 colours to choose from its also great in terms of finding a colour match which is def harder for dark skinned girls i reckon. Doesnt feel sticky or greasy on the face, in fact it feels like nothing which is good. It sets to a dewy finish (not matte) which can be set properly with the loose powder. The downsides to this aside from the price is that it can be quite hard to blend with a brush sometimes as its got quite a dry consistancy. Also this mainly offers sheer-medium coverage so you then need to fork out on the concelor for areas that no amount of layering this on can adequately cover which is even more money @ £30.
EDIT: I stopped using this, I think it broke me out (little spots that took ages to go and still havent fully disappered) and was harder to blend than a creme fdtn should be or even worth the hassle over. *sigh*. the HG search never friggin ends. Yet another waste of money its a shame tho cos this offered the most natural lookin coverage

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2008 10:52:00 PM More reviews by wrightsa

This broke me out and was too hard to blend. It didn't look heavy like I thought it would but it was taking me an extra 10 minutes to apply in the morning and my nose ended up with several small pimples on the end of it. Very expensive for the small amount you get.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2008 11:52:00 PM More reviews by stephhamilton

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in Latte and it would be one of the best colour matches for my skin I have ever found but unfortunately I don't find it that great to use. I only tend to use it to cover up the sometimes redness on my cheesk that the luminous skin colour foundation doesn't always cover but i find it hard to apply and blend due to the texture, unless its a hot day its very hard to blend on my skin, I hate the feeling that I am pulling at my skin to get it to blend otherwise it just tends to sit there. It feels a bit too much like a crayon. It works so much better if you warm it up. . Its a shame because its a great colour.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2008 11:45:00 PM More reviews by theminx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Anyone who has trouble getting a perfect colour match in foundations and concealers should try Becca. I've a hard time buying foundations as I always seem to be in between shades. I'm NC50 in Mac Studiofix Powder Foundation, between NC45 and NC50 in Studiofix Liquid and between Walnut and Warm Walnut in Bobbi Brown Oil Free Foundation. My skin is slightly oily. This Stick Foundation in Hazelnut was the most perfect colour match for me, it just disappeared into my skin! Had to buy it even though I was afraid of the thick creamy texture at first. This lasts much better than Studiofix, doesn't oxidize and looks completely natural. It's easy to control the amount of coverage - just layer on where you need more coverage and blend. You definitely need to set with loose powder otherwise it looks oily. Love that it contains SPF30. I think I paid about SGD$84 (about USD$61) for this in Singapore Duty Free (Terminal 3). Quite spendy considering the product itself is just 0.3oz/8.7g. I use Becca Compact Concealer in Treacle on my dark undereye circles (another perfect match for me), and the combo of both of foundation & concealer gives me a natural my-skin-but-better look. Incidentally I used this in dry UK weather as well as hot humid Singapore and it performed well in both conditions, with no melting or settling into fine lines.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2008 3:57:00 AM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was just browsing the Becca counter at harvey nicks the other day, with no intention to buy anything, until the SA gave me some huge speech about how great this foundation was. Also the shade ''honey'' looked very good, very similar to my HG mac studiotech nc30 except the becca had a tinge more yellow undertone. I bought it (£32!!!!) and have tried it for a few days now with no luck. The packaging is nice and small and elegant and the shades are great but thats about it. The foundation itself is waxy and crayon like, like most people have said on here. I found it extremely hard to blend in and afterwards it looked like i had a mask on it was so cakey and heavy. I wouldnt even wear it in the evenings because whenever i go out i usually take lots of pics and the high spf in this would just my face go white in photos. It was also very greasy and so so fake looking on...anyways what a waste of money. I want to desperately take this back but i cant find the receipt..it is honestly one of the worst foundations i have ever tried and i have tried 90% of them out there. I will now stick to my studiotech and stop straying as that is really a wonderful foundation- both for day and night and ill put this up on my swap list if i cant take it back :(

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2008 5:38:00 PM More reviews by prettyangel

I use this over my Perfekt Skin Perfecting Gel with a Foundation Brush. I use Honeycomb, and im a NC30ish, Asian. Anyhow, this makes my skin look very very good! Color match is quite good too, and i think they have a good color selection. I usually dont wear a lot of makeup/foundation, only on special occasions so i found it to be a bit "heavy" on the face. Besides from that no complaints at all. Washes off fine to me, with no residue left over. I havent decided if i would buy it again yet. I like to try diff things, but this is definitely in the top rated for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2008 11:19:00 PM More reviews by LaurenJP1982

I apply this with my BECCA foundation brush. It is creamy, soft, and glides over my face, evening out whatever the LSC did not get. Provides better coverage and looks just like my skin.

I wear Brulee.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2007 1:25:00 PM More reviews by virginiachick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this foundation stick at the Sephora.com clearance sale. At a ridiculously cheap price of $9, (but its not really $9 on the Becca website...its $39). I had to try this. I find this foundation to be a good one for me. It goes on smoothly, (I use a face sponge, the foundation brush didn't work for me with this foundation) and it lasts. I got 2 shades, Praline and Macademia which both colors work for me on my fair/medium toned skin.

I set this foundation with powder and it lasts all day. I would repurchase, but I am not sure I would pony up $39, it is a little spendy. All in all a good foundation, IMO.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2007 12:40:00 PM More reviews by rogernewman

Please forgive me. This is going to be a long one.

Although, there are mixed reviews on MUA, I decided to try this product because of the large color selection. When I was trying to decide on a color, I emailed customer service from the Becca website. I was instructed to explain my need for assistance and to tell them what foundation brand and color I currently use. So, I put all this in my original message. Then, I waited for my response. I really wanted to order the product, so admit that I was a little impatient. But, it took 4 days for me to get a reply. And, in the reply, the SA asked me for the same information again. So, why did I wait 4 days to be asked the same questions! I responded and gave all the information again. I waited 3 more days, and heard nothing. Finally, I went to different websites and my sister and I chose a color we thought was the best match based on larger color swatch photos. So, I ordered from DermStore.

I received my order about 5 days later. I also received the email from the Becca SA at about the same time. Can you believe that she told me the color concealer and tinted moisturizer I would need (I never asked for this) but still never answered the question about foundation.

I used my products the very next morning on a fresh clean face. I purchased the Foundation Stick and Loose Finishing Powder. I pulled out my foundation brush to apply the foundation. I couldn’t get any of the foundation on the brush. It just wouldn’t go on there. I brushed harder to get a small amount of product on the brush, but then the foundation wouldn’t go onto my face! It was stuck on the brush. So, tried a cosmetic sponge, and the same thing happened. I had to take the stick and draw the foundation on like using a crayon. And, you cannot blend this foundation at all because it doesn’t move. So, after I “drew” on my face, I had to take a cosmetic sponge and pat it down so that it wouldn’t look so made up. This took quite a bit of time.

Throughout the day, my face felt really heavy and mask like. Just so you know these products contain a good amount of fragrance (flower scented). My skin also gets very oily, so this didn’t help the heaviness at all. When I got home, it took quite a bit of washing (3 times with lots of cleanser) to get this stuff off, but I did (so I thought).

The next morning, my face felt a little different, but I continued with applying makeup again. It was warmer this particular day, so my face was oilier. Since, the foundation is so heavy, the oils just sat on my face. I couldn’t even blot it off. And, I definitely didn’t want to put powder over it. I looked a hideous shiny mess for most of the day. When I got home to wash the stuff off, I noticed that I was getting fine bumps around my eyes and cystic acne had started to form under my skin. I washed 3 times, but I could still feel a waxy film on my face. The color was washed off, but there was some type of clear wax like substance stuck to my face. It was probably still there from day one as well!

It took 3 days for the “wax” to be completely washed off of my face and another few days for the acne to start improving.

The color match of the foundation stick was perfect! But, a perfect color match was not worth the distress!

14 out of 26 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2007 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Aceberg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to use this all the time until I discovered Prescriptives. I have normal (dry in winter) skin and use Cappuccino (I'm an NC44)
The consistency of this foundation is quite heavy, however the result is a sheer natural coverage.
The consistency can result in some dragging on the skin when applying, and I find that to counter this its better to use a sponge or fingers. However using a sponge I end up wiping it away leaving me with no coverage. I find that the best is to use a foundation brush which results in beautiful even, natural coverage and then patting a sponge over it to help tone down the greasy feel
The major con of this foundation is the way it feels on the skin - feels heavy, greasy, and clogging - however looks natural, non-greasy and has never broken me out.
I won't repurchase simply becuase I dont like wearing foundations where I feel like I can't wait to wash it off.