MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural - Medium Plus

4.2

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is a good setting powder. It is by no means the best one out there

pros:
not cakey
feels soft on the skin
sets foundation nicely
no shimmer/glitter
can use almost any type of brush to apply

cons:
sticks to peach fuzz on face
not overly flattering in direct sunlight

I will be trying something different when I am done with this - maybe the blot powder...

on 2/25/2013 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I continue to repurchase this powder, but sometimes I don't know why. On the plus side, it adds the perfect amount of extra coverage on days when all I feel like wearing is a tinted moisturizer. Its finish is matte but glowy. Overall, a lovely finishing powder... at first.

On my oily skin, the finish of this powder quickly transforms from satiny to straight-up GREASY. I guess it's better than looking cakey and powdery... or is it? I don't know. I can never decide.

When I lived in northern California, this powder was my winter HG. The sheen was never too much during the colder months, when my skin was a little drier. But now that I live in Honolulu, the climate makes it really hard for me to love this powder. I try it every now and then, but for the time being, I think my MSFN and I will have to part ways.

Conclusion: good for dry/normal/combo skin. Oily skin... beware.

(Also, this shade pulls a little pink. Wish MAC had some more yellowy/neutral options in this range.)

on 2/16/2013 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I love this product & use it as with a kabuki brush. You can work more product into the skin if you want a more finished look, but sometimes if you just want to give your skin a lift and a glow - this is perfect. It also lasts a lifetime, I use it everyday and 1 pot lasts at least 6 months. Definitely one of my all time favourite ever make up products

on 2/2/2013 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I've had the MSFN in medium plus for almost 8 months now and can say I have used this less than 5 times so far. I have reached for the Studio Careblend more than this one. Numerous times cursed myself for getting sucked into the hype and shelling out 30 dollars. Dunno what made me try this product again, but anyways everything happens for a reason right .hahaha!!!!! Just used this on my bare face with a little bit of blush and the end result was a nice n glowy finish. Now I understand why this has such good reviews. It hasn't given me any breakouts yet but will update on that later.
UPDATE**** Spoke too soon, gave me breakouts..boooooo

on 1/23/2013 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I love this face powder. I apply it to set my foundation, it makes the foundation look perfect. It has a perfect amount of covering power that a powder should have. It looks smooth, never cakey or dusty. I love it. However, I'm really really hoping this isnt the product thats been causing me to break out. I will be SO upset if I had to cut this out of my face routine. But I have a feeling this may be it. I always have had a little bit of an issue with mineral products.

on 1/12/2013 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

i love this powder because it gives a very natural finish but in the way it controls my oils it does NOTHING , so if you're expecting this to give keep you matte all day this is not the powder for you, i like this because of the great color match, i usually don't set my t zone with this and go in with an another powder like ben nye neutral set, but i will repurchase , i really like how natural this looks on me.

Last year I started to get really into experimenting with liquid foundations. I love the full coverage, and even though my skin is pretty clear, I just love looking flawless! I definitely love high end make-up products but am a thrifty girl at heart lol... I have been wearing drugstore foundations for about a year now and my go to is usually L'oreal True Match liquid foundation in W3 or Revlon Colorstay in 300 Golden Beige. I tend to get oily and have to retouch often towards the end of a long day... I had been using MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Give Me Sun! to contour and I recently decided to try using MAC MIneralize Skinfinish in Medium Plus to replace my liquid foundations. I like using a concealer that's slightly lighter so I'm using MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NW20... But anyways it's day 3 of using Mineralize Skinfinish in Medium Plus INSTEAD of liquid foundation and I have to say I'm very impressed! The coverage is nice and my skin doesn't look as "noticeably" caked with make-up lol. It is SO much more natural, yet just as flawless! I just spot conceal with my Pro Longwear Concealer and then buff on the MSFN. The more you buff the better it looks! I really do love this stuff already... I will update in a week or so. This thrifty girl is sold! Definitely worth the $29 =)

UPDATE: I should have listened to the SA and got something a tad bit lighter. This tends to oxidize on me throughout the day (minus one lippie for that) but nothing too horrible. I tend to wear bronzer on my neck and chest to blend anyways, so I'm ok with it. I WILL however be purchasing one a shade lighter... Probably light plus or medium instead of the medium plus I have now. I still love to wear this alone over some concealer when I'm in a hurry.

on 12/23/2012 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm obsessed with this powder. I have it in the color medium dark (I'm NW 25). I used to hate this powder when I first got it but I decided to give it another chance. It makes you look flawless when applied with a dense kabuki brush (I like Sephora's Bronzer brush). I put this over my Garnier BB Cream and it looks like I'm wearing full coverage foundation but much less cakey. You can also wear this alone and it's very buildable. I already bought a backup so I never run out. I have combination skin and I don't find that this breaks me out or makes me get oily. I also have the Mineralize Skin Finish in "Give me Sun" which is a bronzer and I love that as well. It is definitely worth the money.

on 12/5/2012 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am SO in love with this product. I b*tched about powders all the time to my friend because stuff never matched my skin, never applied like I wanted it to, always looked chalky etc. When she started working at MAC she said alright come see me at work we're going to fix this. I straight trusted her judgement and didn't even have her try it on my skin and I used it the next day and i LOVE IT. It feels like I have the softest skin ever, controls my oil, doesn't breakout my oily skin (I even use liquid foundation below it, Revlon colorstay) and it looks flawless! I recomment this powder for evvveryone! I get compliments on my skin at least twice a day.

on 11/18/2012 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

with all the rave reviews about this product i decided to try it out and OMG it broke me out so much! I have got little rashes all over my face. I think its the talc that broke me out so its a no no for me.

Recommended for Normal Skin