September 17, 2014 | 938 users online

Mascara - Kiss Me - HEROINE MAKE long and curl mascara (black)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Cateash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oh my god this mascara is a nightmare to remove, really a total nightmare, as in I didn't think it would come off and even 1 week after having applied it only once and scrubbing the hell out of my eyes with an oil based makeup remover it still was no gone, its the only time i have been truly freaked out after using a makeup product. THIS DOES NOT COME OFF WITH EVEN AN OIL BASED EYE MAKEUP REMOVER!! It ttally wrecked my lashes and I lost about half of them. Beware!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by asf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

My HG mascara. Very lengthening and never ever smudges or flakes. Easily buildable to add volume for evenings/special events. It's the only mascara I've ever repurchased more than once.

It certainly doesn't come off with a regular face wash, but is quite easily removed with eye makeup remover (especially the oil based kind) or a deep cleansing oil.

It's sold at virtually every large Asian market, and Amazon of course.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by solarsaint

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this mascara, it stays on forever without smudging, and most importantly to me it holds a curl like no other. I have a sort of awkward situation where on one eye my lashes will curl fine, but on the other side they fall flat within an hour or so. My friend jokes that due to my mixed ethnicity I have one Asian eye and one European eye, lol. The cap is a little difficult to remove and you do need to let the product warm up a bit before you use it or it is a little thick. I usually hit it with my hair dryer or just let it ride in the waistband of my pants while I do the rest of my makeup and that works fine. You do need a fairly heavy duty remover to get this all off, Japanese mascaras are known for their staying power and this stuff means business. I have and will continue to rebuy it though. You can pick it up on Amazon for around $20USD with shipping, which is where I usually get it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by shushupopopipi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My Holy Grail mascara. For five years (since I started using it), I have not found a match for its efficacy. It holds curl perfectly, does not smudge or flake, and seems to last forever. A godsend for stubborn lashes with a tendency to droop.

Its obtainability might be a problem for some. As an Australian consumer, I have to look online to buy this Japanese product. I personally go to sasa.com or eBay. Due to its cult-status and immense popularity, it's often sold out.

Its price is fair, but not great. With shipping and handling, one tube costs about $20. I use it liberally, so perhaps it will only last two months. But cheaper (still) than many mascaras.

The packaging is a gaudy hot pink, with cursive font, and a black cap. :( Enough has been said.

It is rather hard to remove, unless a potent waterproof eye makeup remover is used, such as L'Oreal Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover For Eyes, which I have been using forever.

Despite the above "cons" however, I still buy Heroine Make Long and Curl again and again. If it was ever discontinued, I would be absolutely devastated. It is that effective and that much of a necessity to my makeup routine.

I love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by shi1

I love this mascara! I have straight lashes and issues with smudging. This mascara is just perfect for asian eyes. The brush is nice and small so it is a great size for small eyes and getting to all the little hairs at the corners. It separates your lashes nicely, is buildable, and is gives a nice natural look. Its not THE most volumizing, but it doesn't claim to be so that's ok. This stuff holds a curl like nobody's business and it is completely smudgeproof and waterproof. I wore it for long days in a hot country, skidooing, for 30+ hours (flying back home) and it withstood it all. No flakes and no drooping. It does take a little patience getting it off since it is a waterproof mascara. I recommend soaking a cotton pad with a bi-phase eye makeup remover and holding it on your eye to gently breakdown and remove the mascara. What I love the most about this mascara is that once its on, I don't have to worry about it. No need to check for smudges, flakes or droopy lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Hanndabear

This mascara is one of my absolute favorites! I use it religiously on my bottom lashes. I have oily eyelids, and this stuff holds curl like a dream and doesn't smear AT ALL. You can probably go swimming with this on and it won't budge. It's buildable, too, which is fantastic. Just make sure you have a good makeup remover. As I said, this mascara has remarkable staying power--using just soap and water will not take it off!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 5:39:00 PM More reviews by anaelleee

This is not a mascara that is readily available to me here in Canada, but I made sure to buy two back-ups on a vacation trip to Hong Kong this summer.

I have medium length, thin straight lashes, and this is one of the only mascaras I have come across (and Ive tried dept mascaras like Estee Lauder and Clinique, to drugstore ones....more than 20 different types!!!) that holds my curl, lengthens and volumizes my lashes. After about 10 hours of wear, my lashes arent as perky as when I first applied, but that I okay with me. I have cried with this mascara on, and it did not run. 90% of the mascaras Ive tried in the past smudged on me, as I do have monolids, but this one has yet to budge.

Speaking of budging, I admit that this mascara is quite difficult to remove......and I use organic coconut OIL to remove my eye makeup!
A tip though (for any harder-to-remove eye makeup): Hold your cosmetic pad with the remover on the eye area for several seconds, to allow the remover to break down the products :)

If I convert the price back into CDN dollars, I paid around $17 for this at Sasa.......which is a crazy high price for a mascara imo (yes I have slurged several times when I caved in and tried higher end mascaras), but I really do love this. I will repurchase and stock up on this mascara (long and curl/volume and curl are basically the same, they give the same results, really) when i travel back to Asia :)

Ive realized this mascara, as it "ages" does not have the amazing curling power it once did...so after a while my lashes still droop a bit. Furthermore, it has smudged a bit on me recently :( This is def sad, so ill be changing my review to 4 lippies instead of 5. i still would recommend this product though!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2012 5:03:00 AM More reviews by jltful89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Can't complete my makeup without this. I have had a few friends who went out to get it after asking me what mascara I was wearing. (Can't stop smiling)

The brush is slightly different from the usual brush. The bristles are dense and I find that useful for applying mascara on the tiny lashes.I have some scarring on my eyelids which sort of divides my lashes into two layers, if that makes any sense to you. Usually I don't get good results when using a brush applicator. But this one works nicely.

The formula is very dry, I have to make sure that I curl my lashes well beforehand. I think two layers are enough most of the time. Also I have to be real quick, like check for any clumps and comb through them before the mascara dries.Once the mascara is dry, it's quite impossible to do that.

It's budge proof- waterproof, smudge proof, standard -grade -makeup- removers -proof too. Best to use a makeup remover oil to get it off.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by natashik1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

After reading amazing reviews on MUA, I have decided to give it a try. I have long full lashes naturally, and this mascara made them look worse! It hardens on lashes and is extremely hard to take off even with waterproof remover. Did not give me any extra fulness or length. Not going to buy again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I bought this online as it seems to be touted as amazing for holding a curl.

This may be true, but I found this mascara to make my lashes look clumpy and SHORTER than without mascara. YES, it holds a curl, but it's like finding a hair spray that holds but turns white and stiff. Not worth it, not HG.

I'll keep using it to see if maybe I change my mind as the tube gets older (which does happen, so, who knows).

EDIT: the older the tube gets, the less "stiff" my lashes are. Considering the price and that it does hold my curl, it's not a bad mascara.