September 17, 2014 | 852 users online

Powder - Maybelline - Mineral Power Powder Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2013 11:05:00 AM More reviews by winslowtag

ok so first of all, im very pale, so i bought the lighted colour, which i thought would be good. but literally, it is orange. maybelline does a terrible job of making a good colour for fair skinned people. not only with this makeup, but with their mousse stuff. it all makes me look orange... anyway , no , I wouldn't recommend buying this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2013 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Cobaltnails

i like putting this on after my foundation. It makes my face look less oily and works great. The brush is horrible though and when I wash it, it starts smelling really bad. I dont really like the packaging but its a great product otherwise. The colour blends well with your face.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by mrinal96

I used this mineral powder for a long time. At first I had it in Light - 4 then went to Light - 5. It got a little too orange/tan for me, though:/ But, I must say, the coverage is AMAZING! It covered up all my little imperfections and kept my fact oil free for hours on end. It made my skin look flawless and it felt super light :) I would recommend this for people with a lighter, more yellow skin tone though. I'm more of a warm, light-caramel colour so it didn't really match colour - wise. Other than that, I love the brush and the powder itself :) I wouldn't repurchase it though, personally, just because I want to find something a little closer to my skin tone.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by nicholeabigail

The container is actually not that messy so I like that. I like the Kabuki brush unlike pretty much everyone else and the brush is also great for applying my L'oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream. The brush pickws up pigment really well. I actually use this as powder because i like powders with pigment and I LOVE mineral powder/foundation. I wear this over my BB cream. This Provided medium coverage and more as you layer it, my bags were almost gone after this. This was quite expensive for a drugstore item at around 13-14 dollars. My only problem is that it can feel cakey if you add too much.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Coronet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wish this powder came in more colors. If it did, I would rate it a 5. It doesn't provide much coverage, but I use it over my liquid foundation to help set my foundation and help prevent "shininess" due to my oily skin. It helps absorb oil and set makeup well. The brush that comes with it is horrible, so use your own, but I rarely count brushes that come with cheapo-makeup in my ratings. The powder dispenses pretty messily into the cap, but I always invert the cap while it's closed to get a small amount into the cap area and use my kabuki to apply. I have very pale skin and the lightest shade they have is too dark and looks like I'm applying bronzer. If they came in more shades, I would be happier and rate this more than a 3 (though in reality, I'd rate this a 3.5). Costs between $8.5-9.5 depending on where you buy it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2012 12:30:00 PM More reviews by xzombiecourtneyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was alright. Mineral foundations don't usually give really good coverage but this seriously failed. The packaging is kind of messy since it's loose powder but still. This does not stay on the skin at all. The oil in your face just makes this stuff completely come off. It's a little cakey if you're not careful as well. I guess this is good for people who have almost little to absolutely no acne. If you want, give it a try. It's not amazing but it might be for others.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2012 2:32:00 AM More reviews by st3f4n42srb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this for many years, thinking that I just had really oily skin. As soon as I switched to another powder however, I realised that my beloved mineral power powder was the culprit.

I loved this powder because it covered all imperfections & hid any lines or pores. At first it looked great, but after 3 or 4 hours it would start to get oily. And after 6 hours it was a MESS. My face would be extremely oily & the foundation would have slid around & melted in certain areas. Gross. I was so self-conscious whenever I wore this.

If you have dry skin, this will be good for you. What I liked was that when my skin was flaky, this foundation would downplay that, & make my skin look perfected.

As for the colours, I find that they oxidise very badly. I would start out being the correct colour, but by the end of the day I would be orange.
Not good...

In relation to the packaging, it's alright. I like that a brush was included. I have a thousand of them, because I repurchased this so many times, before I finally realised that it was the powder making me oily, not just my own sebaceous glands over-producing oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by makeupxo

I love this product! It looks great over my concealer and even everything out. It covers up any redness or spots that I might have. However at the end of the day, it looks like i did't put anything on my skin. I can see the blemishes and the imperfections. I like how it comes with a brush which surprisingly worked well for me. I would repurchase just because I've used it for over 6 months now and it's hard to switch to something else

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by KTElizabeth12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Mixed feelings about this foundation. It WAS my go-to and I used it from around spring to September. Good coverage, color match worked for me, good oil control. All of a sudden stopped working for me oil control wise and started looking patchy. Now this may be because of the weather change. I also find for whatever reason my body gets used to something eventually and stops working. Biggest pain in the a**. I will probably try again in the summer. Still a mineral foundation worth trying.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by scatcat92

This was a bittersweet experience for me. With dark circles, I look for a foundation that can cover well without the use of concealer (I'm only twenty but the lines around my eyes crease very badly). So I tried this on it's own and the immediate coverage was not enough without over applying. So i applied a small amount of liquid or mousse foundation first, and the result was perfect. Nice coverage but not too cakey. Unfortunately, the makeup oxidizes very quickly, turning orangey and flakey. The same thing happened regardless of the foundation or primer I wore under it, so I won't be purchasing again.