October 23, 2014 | 1577 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 9:19:00 AM More reviews by ninaeaster

I got a sample of this in my too face 15th anniversary palette. This is a good eye primer. Does not crease and helps eye shadow stay put all day. The consistency is easy to blend on the eyelid and you do not need much at all. After seven months the product started to separate and when I would squeeze the tube an oily substance would come out first. Also I have found several eye primers from the drugstore that do as good a job for much less.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to like it but I noticed that it creases on my eye lids just after few hours. I barely see the eye shadows and after few hours they are almost gone (or maybe I had bad eye shadows (Urban Decay Naked palette).
I have much better results when using Mac eye shadow base than this. Will return.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 12:05:00 PM More reviews by erintotheizzo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Hands down the best I've used- I actually prefer this to Urban Decay's, which is also awesome. Zero creasing. Bolder and opaque eyeshadow appearance. Great texture. A little goes a long way and it lasts forever. I like using a little around the inner corners to brighten as well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2014 1:18:00 PM More reviews by albs

I've used a few different eye primers and they all work for me fairly well. This has been the worst one. I think that maybe they have mucked with the formula a little bit because I bought it on the raves and recommendations of others. I have a regular size and a mini that came in a set, and they both suffer from the same issues. It separates. I have to be very cognizant to shake it up and massage the tube before I use it or else a bunch of liquid squeezes out. Gross. And it stinks, so so badly. Like play-doh or plasticine or something. I thought that my tube had gone off even though it's only a few months old, but my mini which I've had for even less time has the same odour. It keeps my eyeshadows on fairly well, but I HAVE to make sure that I run my finger over my eyelid after I've applied it and it's dried, otherwise it creases (and you can't tell, because it's clear at this point), and when I apply it I get a darker line of eyeshadow right in my crease. Bizarre and annoying. This isn't cheap so I'm really unimpressed. Two lippies because it does keep my eyeshadow on if I baby it enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Emmey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For our annual work Christmas party in Amsterdam, I had my best friend do my make up. She used this primer and even after dancing, sweating, and falling asleep with my makeup on, my eyeshadow looked like I just did it. This stuff if seriously amazing. I have super oily eyelids so this is my HG product as of two months ago!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2014 9:19:00 AM More reviews by wtfishes

Kept my eyeshadows from creasing throughout the day. The only thing that has worked for my very oily eyelids.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by katwalker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have hooded/deep set eyes, so eye shadows tend to crease on me. Had I not used Urban Decay's Primer Potion first, I would have thought Too Faced's product was the most amazing stuff ever. It works well to keep eye shadows from creasing so badly. As is was, though, I kept comparing it to UDPP, and, for me at least, UDPP is a superior product. My eye shadows don't crease at all with UDPP, whereas there is some minor creasing with Too Faced. I'm sticking with UDPP from now on.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2014 7:33:00 PM More reviews by MutedDragon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Staying power is decent, so long as i don't touch my eyelids. My NYX HD primer kept eyeshadow on even when I rubbed my eyes. There is a good amount of product in the tube (you don't need to use much). It has an odd smell but it quickly dissipates.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by savyy

I really don't know why I bought this in the first place. It's kind of thick and requires too much rubbing on the eyelids. I usually blot my eyelids and put some face powder on my eyelids before I put eye shadow on and it stays pretty oil + crease-free all day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

This is one of my favorite primers around. I never have issues with it and it stays llike glue. I had some issues with UD PP but never have with this. Seriously wears for over 16 hours with no creasing or fading.

My HG is the WNW Fergie primer, but this is at the top as well, it's the price that keeps me going back to WNW.