April 19, 2014 | 1565 users online

Powder - Mary Kay - Mineral Powder Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2011 10:39:00 AM More reviews by ChrissyNoell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really like this product, it feels light on my face and I am able to build up coverage as I need it, but it also looks natural, I have large pores and it doesn't seem to make them stick out as bad as liquid foundation does. I really like wearing it in the summer time because it doesn't feel really heavy and it doesn't sweat off. It is expensive, but you do get more than what you get from Avon and other Wal-Mart brands,

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2011 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Silvialee

Coverage: Light
lightweight makeup
doesn't feel heavy or look cakey
I Don't recomend this for dry skin

My sister dragged me to a 'makeover' by a Mary Kay sales lady So we ended up buying this product mostly because we felt bad and had to buy atleast one thing. The coverage is so light it doesn't do a thing for me but for my sister who doesn't usually wear make up I guess it's better than nothing.

My sister has dry skin and using this I can see closely that the product is visible on her face but from a distance it blends well and give an overall very subble difference in her skin tone and eveness.

For me I use this as a finishing powder, I use liquid foundation and find that this does well in blending away streaks and mattifying the liquid. It stays on and doesn't get greasy. But because of the price, I feel like I can get a finishing powder for much less.

Bottom line: I would recomend this to someone starting out with makeup that just wants a little dusting to make a nice glowy look to the face and to even out minor dark areas and faint redness.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 3:54:00 PM More reviews by mnevenzel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love, love, love this product. Since i discovered it, it's the only one I will use. It is very, very natural and basically looks like you have nothing on. It just kind of evens out your skin tone and takes away any shiny spots. That's exactly what I'm looking for and this stuff is the best I've ever used!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 11:47:00 PM More reviews by tai606

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Buy this product if: Your someone who wants to look super natural, like you have natural clear skin and you dont wanna look like your NOT wearing make-up. ( reallysheer, but you have to SERIOUSLY build for good coverage.) I have oily, hyperpigmented skin. I am medium brown ( angela basset, janet jackson ) i am wear bronze 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2011 2:38:00 PM More reviews by malloryelise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love that it has a mirror built into it! I use an elf powder brush with it, and it looks natural, unlike liquid foundation, which I dislike very much.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2011 2:32:00 AM More reviews by slfoos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Compared to other mineral powder foundations, this loose powder gives a nice, natural, matte finish for my oily skin. My only complaint is that the coverage is very sheer and I wish it were a little heavier like i.d. essentials or even clinique's. But, this product does not have the light reflecting properties some other powders contain which make my skin look a little too glowy.So, this product is great to minimize shine with natural finish as long as you don't have rosecea or uneven skin tone you're trying to hide.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Shadowglam11

Okay, so my mom has been a Mary Kay consultant since I was like 12 and I have never been a fan of their acutal make up. But this Mineral Foundation is the bomb! However, I must recently found out that the ingredients are not the same as most other mineral products. It's rather unnatural. However, I like it very much. It looks good on my face, it finishes nicely, it's light and it doesn't look like I have make up on! I've been on the hunt for a new foundation, but I'm not sure any will match what it does for me vs the price. $18 isn't bad at all! I do get some shine by mid day, but it is not bad! Once I find a good liquid foundation for the winter...I think this will be awesome for setting it! I am on my 3rd container and I think I will buy again!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2011 6:09:00 AM More reviews by Obs1d1an

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this in beige 1 and their primer compact at the same time. The powder is fantastic for staying on, I blow my nose often and with other brands it always rubs off in that area (some credit probably goes to the primer too). I also sweat sometimes and this one has managed to stay on 'mostly' in comparison to others.

Considering I paid a lot more for previous powders, this one wasn't too bad. Mid-range and worth its price.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2011 11:13:00 AM More reviews by jbwoodward

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Hands down, one of the best mineral powders out there. And I think the price isn't too bad in comparison with other prestige brands. It creates a beautiful, natural finish. Sheer to medium coverage (I use 2 layers for better coverage). Now comes with a sifter :). Good for the skin. Didn't give 5 lippies because by the end of the day I'm pretty shiny. It doesn't last as long as liquid or creme foundations, but then again it is a mineral powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2011 10:02:00 PM More reviews by kaitlynxo95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has never failed me. I've had it for about a year and have been using it on and off and it's still about half way full. At first I was using it as a foundation but then I realised I needed more coverage so I now use it to set my foundation. It works really well for that. The packaging is good because the lid also doubles as a mirror. It was only $35NZ which is the same as Maybelline mineral powder, and you're getting more of it with Mary Kay. I managed to get a shade perfectly compatible with my skintone. I bought a brush with it for $17.50NZ and have used it for every single powder that I use. I wouldn't trust any other brushes as this brush makes every powder flawless. The reason I have not rated it as five is because it's purpose is foundation and I find it to be a better use as a foundation setting powder.