December 18, 2014 | 1833 users online

Lip Gloss - L'Oreal - Infallible Lip Gloss

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2010 3:46:00 PM More reviews by McKiltLifter

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

One of the worst lg coverage wise. I got Sangria and the color was not too bad but it looked so patchy even on well exfoliated lips.

Not sure what the applicator is supposed to accomplish but it is oddly shaped and makes it difficult to get the shape of your lips filled in accurately.

For eight bucks you should get a nice lip brush and not a weird floppy triangular foam thing.

Lasts about 2 hours.

Very *Fallible*, sadly.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2010 12:13:00 PM More reviews by erikahf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Love love love!!!!! I own several of these l/g and they are great! They feel great on, they apply easily, not sticky or goopy or drying. They are a little bit tacky due to the the long wear aspect but they are not sticky. The colors are so pretty and are best tried on, I have suede and sangria (not that great in the tube) but on my lips they are beautiful. I like the feel of the applicator, its like a diamond shaped doe foot. The scent is also very tolerable, an important factor in whether or not I will be loyal to a product or not. Usually ULTA has a Bogo50 on L'Oreal so I stockup then. I love this product and would rather use this than a h/e longwear lipgloss anyday!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2010 1:39:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I see in the previous reviews that there is some confusion between the regular Infallible Lip Gloss (which is the product listed here) and the Infallible Plumping Lip Gloss, which is a different product. I see the comment made in some of the reviews that this didn't plump as it was supposed to; I am not sure if the plumping formula actually plumps, as I have not tried that one yet, but this original formula is not advertised as being plumping. Anyhow, on to my review of this formula.

I love it! It is a stickier lip gloss, but not unpleasantly so, and I think the stickiness is what helps it last longer. After wearing it for a few hours, I notice that it is not as glossy as when first applied, but it still has a very nice sheen. I don't have any problems with it wearing off unevenly, which is so often a problem with longer wearing lip products. I was able to eat or drink with it on. I haven't gone a full 6 hours with it, but it lasts for several hours and still looks great. My lips never feel dry while wearing this, or after taking it off. It seems quite moisturizing. It has a good color payoff, not sheer. Love it, plan to buy it in more colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2010 1:05:00 PM More reviews by esquexox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this in 106/Plumped Pink

Doesn't last quite 6 hours and I didn't find my lips were any plumper but I still love this lip gloss. The shade is such a pretty light pink. It's got very small little sparkles in this particular shade.

The consistency of the product is a little thicker than most lip glosses I have used. It's not at all sticky or goopy though. Less seems to be more though!

It does have a bit of a fragrance to it which I'm not super fond of.

The bottle is sleek and elegant-looking. The wand makes it very easy to apply.

The only downside.. it's about $14CAD here. Which to me is a little much for a lip gloss but I'll still probably buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2010 9:33:00 PM More reviews by charb3

Like this but the gloss wears off VERY quickly! Love the taste, and the colour! So far, so good! I have it in bloom and the plum colour! Not quite Scarlett Jo-H. but I think it makes me look lovely and fresh!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2010 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Lunazul

This is one of the more expensive drugstore glosses at about $8.99. I bought the Truffle color, which turned out to be a lovely berry-brown color on my lips.

The applicator is one of the best I've used: an easy-to-use triangular shape. I hope that catches on with other manufacturers.

Alas, the color and applicator were about all I like about the product. The first thing I noticed after opening the bottle was the scent. It's a strong medicinal smell, maybe mint or eucalyptus in there? I don't care for it at all, and it really lingers.

The color goes on beautifully, but with much less shine than I'd expected for something that's billed as lip "gloss." In fact, after about an hour, there is no shine left. The color is still there, but an gloss effect only lasts a few minutes. I have used plain lipstick that is less matte than this.

The texture on my lips is very unpleasant: sticky and tacky and waxy.

It's a shame, because the color is gorgeous: a rich brownish tone that's very flattering. I won't be buying the product again, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2010 12:15:00 AM More reviews by NaeCouture

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this lipgloss in Coral Sands, Rose Bouquet and Suede. I love all 3 colors I have. The one I use the most is suede which is a pretty natural, nude color with shimmer. I've been really into nude lips lately and these goes perfect with my revlon soft nude lipstick. I also dont like alot of shimmer, and these have a hint of shimmer. which i love. I hate sticky lipglosses but these are the perfect amount of stickiness if that makes sense. The mirror that is on it comes in handy but you cant use it while you put it on, just after to touch it up. Like everyone else has said it doesnt last 6 hours. And it does not plump my lips, which is a good thing because my lips are already real big. I would buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2010 12:37:00 AM More reviews by anna0banana

It's just an okay lip gloss. It doesn't quiet last the 6 hours that are advertised but does last longer than normal lipgloss. It does lose shine over time. The bottle and the brush are really cute and the little "mirror" on the lid is actually kinda useful. One big big prolem is that it does dry your lips out and looks terrible if your lips are already dry.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2010 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Dawnzie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a cute lip gloss. I love the flavor/scent and while it's sticky it's not as sticky as other drugstore lip glosses I've tried. However, it definitely does not last 6 hours and it's really not much in the way of a lip plumper (minimal difference but still that pleasant tingle). The wand is also fantastic- the shape really helps to apply the color to the bow of your lip. I have two and I absolutely love the shades. Still a decent lip gloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2010 7:33:00 PM More reviews by lisaeberling

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this lip gloss!! LAST a long time and looks beautiful LOTS of colors to choose from. It is a bit pricey ($8.98) I use mine everyday and I have had the same tube for about 4 months and still have half a tube so not really that expensive for how long a tube last plus I really like the aplicator it holds just enough lipgloss for an aplication and another thing I like is usually when I buy lipgloss and keep it in my purse or cosmetics bag the tubes will leak and make a huge mess and sometimes ruin some of my other cosmetics but this packaging is great it doesn't leak or bubble out all over the place when you close it ;)