Cover Girl Brow and Eye Makers

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/12/2010 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product isn't bad. I mean, it's very good for an eyebrow pencil. Most other reviews say not to use it as an eyeliner. Personally, I think it's not to bad. If you needed an eyelliner pencil and that's was the only thing you had, it would work fine. i don't see a problem with it.

on 7/31/2010 11:31:00 AM

Wow! I love this eyebrow pencil (*Soft Blonde).I honestly was not trusting the color @ 1st.I've used Maybelline's -Light Brown for years & was not happy with orangey tint of color it can have,depending on my foundation used.I also thought by using the *Soft Blonde it would make my eyebrows disappear,it didn't =) Will definitely buy again!

on 7/30/2010 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Warm

This use to be my go to product for my brow. I used Midnight Brown.. This product is a great bargain for anyone on a budget in addition it is widely available so that if you found yourself traveling and forgot your brow pencil this is a great savior. You get two pencils in a package along with a pencil sharpener. My biggest complaint with this product is that it is too waxy so it is easy to overly apply and make your brows look too heavy especially, if this product gets a little melty in the sun or heat.

I've since switched to Shu Uemura in Seal Brown. (See my review for my raves and my brow issues).The latter product definitely comes with a higher price tag but definitely worth it. Plus, you get a lot of product and since it is not waxy you don't overly apply which makes it last longer and gives you a more natural look.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I agree w/ other reviewers, Do Not Use As Eyeliner unless you want to draw blood. I do however love this for my brows. I like to accenuate my brows daily and I've tried many brows products out there. I always fall back to CG brow pencils. I use two shades - midnight brown for when I got my natural haircolor and soft brown for when I highlight my hair. It's so hard to find brown shades that aren't warm or have red in them. The midnight brown is dark brown/black and the soft brown is more like a taupe. The color stays put for hours even in 100 degree weather. These brow pencils are a real steal too! You get 2 pencils w/ a sharpener for about 3 bucks. I only buy 2 items from the CG line and this one is hg and I would hate to live my life without it.

on 7/5/2010 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This was my first eyeliner. Also, my first eye brow pencil. I HATE this. This smells weird, is incredibly hard, smudges like no other, and doesn't show up unless you yank on your eyelids. This actually has causes some baggy eyes because I have to pull. I have it in brown. It is a weird color as an eyeliner but a good one as an eyebrow pencil. I guess I will just have to use this until it runs out (as an eyebrow pencil). Don't waste your money.

on 6/27/2010 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

So when I had dark blackish/brown hair, I used the midnight black. It worked really well and I achieved a natural look for the brows.

I dyed my hair just yesterday and decided to stick with this pencil and currently, I'm using the midnight brown and I LOVE LOVE it. It matches my new hair perfectly! It has a really natural effect and fills my eyebrows in so good. I did have issues with the midnight black colour because if I did fill too much, it looked 'too' black and dark. However, for midnight brown, it's perfect even if you do fill it in a bit more, you still get the natural look.

This doesn't smear or smudge and stays put as if you had eyebrown gel on. This is a must have for me as my eyebrows are on the lighter side and don't match my current dyed hair colour. =D

on 6/7/2010 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really, really have an intense love affair for this pencil.
DON'T USE IT FOR AN EYELINER!
that being said, if you use it for what it does best --- eyebrows --- you cannot not love it.
i have tried so many brow pencils/pots, highend and lowend, and this IS the best.
i've tried laura mercier's eyebrow pencil, anastasia brow pencil, model set of 2 eyebrow pencil, nars eyebrow, smashbox eyebrow duo, and the list goes on and on.
I EVEN prefer this to Revlon's Fantasy Duo, which I find to be convenient and decent. The rest of the drugstore eyebrow sets, powders, pencils are crap haha
This is a virtual bargain since you get two for such a bargain price.
It's convenient, blendable, lasts forever, cheap, easily bought (target, walmart, etc), small (fits in purse), and it does not look made up at all and because it stays put so long you can make your eyebrows look longer or closer together depending on what you want, and it holds and looks believeable, not drawn in at all! Get this now, run--don't walk!

on 6/2/2010 12:34:00 AM

I think this works well, I use it off and on, but it is not my favourite. I find that it can be a little waxy in texture if applied to more sparse areas of the eyebrow. I use 'soft brown' which is actually pretty dark, and I found not much lighter colours without going into blond. I only use this with my freshly dyed hair, because the strength of the colour matches.
Overall: long day wear, stays on nice strong, but they need more variety of colours.

on 5/21/2010 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

For those with black eyebrows this will work fine. It can be too dark if you lay it on thick, but if you just lightly brush it against your skin it's perfect. As an eyeliner, this is useless. The pencil is so hard that it hurts to drag it against your skin, even when freshly sharpened. The color is too light, and it's biggest sin is that it disappears after only an hour! When I tried applying more to touch up the old line I started getting itty bitty clumps and flakes. So for the eyebrows this is fine, as an eyeliner, nah.

on 5/6/2010 4:35:00 PM

I got this in black for free. i cant speak for how it works for brows, cause its to dark.

PRO
Two in a set
Comes with sharpener
Easy to use

CON
BAD pigmentation (barley there)

OVERALL: Excited I got it for a freebie. Wont buy again.

Popular Brows Products