August 21, 2014 | 2161 users online

Eyeliner - Sonia Kashuk - Dramatically Defining Long Wear Gel Liner

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2009 12:27:00 PM More reviews by Serendipitygal

I finally found a HG product! I've tried two other gel liners before this and have been disappointed. I bought this with the angle brush, in Ebony.

It goes where I want it to go. It's dark without areas that wash out, like they don't have enough pigment. It stays on all day. Since I switched to this, I've been getting tons of compliments on my makeup. I'm going back to get the other two colors.

I love it!

Update: This product worked awesome for about three weeks. After that, it started to flake off. I've tried going over it again, waiting to put it on after mascara, nothing helps. The color, especially on the indigo, is beautiful and intense. It looks stupid with a big flesh colored splotch in the middle where the color flakes off. I'm so disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2009 9:30:00 PM More reviews by DisablingMercury

I just bought this in Ebony, along with the bent angle brush. The liner goes on smooth and is very black. I do have to dip the brush in a few times to get all the was across my eye (and keep it super dark), but I don't really mind. As I said, I just bought it so I don't know about the staying power yet, but I put it on 3 hours ago and it hasn't smudged or migrated. It is still mostly on my waterline (which is surprising), but I have yet to find anything that stays on very well. I definitely like it better than Jane's gel liner, and if all goes well over the next week I will definitely repurchase. I'm also curious about the indigo color...

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2009 10:17:00 PM More reviews by powpow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have this in 01 Indigo, it is a gorgeous royal blue. The staying power is right up there with MAC fluidline....But it takes me foverever to get a decent semi- straight line (I use the Sonia Kashuk bent eyeliner brush) and when I finally get a so -so line, I still have to go over it with eyeshadow as I found this difficult to smudge.
I see i'm not the only one who found this eyeliner dry and difficult to apply evenly. This reminds me of the Jane Mineral Gel Eyeliner....
I love the color but I don't have the patience to play with this.

:-(

I would rather pay $15 for fluidline.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2009 8:19:00 PM More reviews by AmyDbaby

I have been wearing gel liners ever since BB came out with hers maybe 10 years ago or so (?) I have a collection of BB and MAC as well as some HIP. I picked this SK gel liner up on a whim and I am so glad I did. I noticed the other day my chocolate liner was pretty dried up and I needed a new brown liner so I bought this in the brown color. It's a lovely matte chocolate brown. I wouldn't mind it being a touch darker but it's definitely not a light or med brown. It goes on and stays on with the best of them. It's nearly identical to both BB and MAC in application and lasting power. It's just very, very good. For $8 you can't go wrong. Now if only they would come out with some pretty new colors...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2009 5:14:00 AM More reviews by xandreaaa

bought it during a shopping trip down to the states, and im so glad i got it! it was only $8.99 USD at target. i got it in the colour ebony, and ive been using a very thin loew cornell brush to apply it as my top eyeliner. stays on all day, doesnt smudge and doesnt irritate my eyes or my contact lenses. AND its gonna take me forever to finish the pot. there's so much product in it! ive used it for over a month now and ive barely made a hole in it. i would definately repurchase it when i get the chance to, and possibly buy a backup when i go shopping in the states again. very good pigmentation, very soft application.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2009 10:57:00 AM More reviews by darcynana7

To be honest I went to Target to get a backup of my HIP gel eyeliner and I went by the Sonia Kashuk section and to my surprise they carried an SK gel eyeliner and to my even bigger surprise it was cheaper than my HIP gel eyeliner. I thought to myself, why not? I like SK's other products. I purchased this and went home and swatched it against another eyeliner I purchased (liquid) on my hand just for fun to check for the formula consistency. I liked both. I was very happy. The SK gel liner's formula was pretty comparable to my HIP gel liner so yay. I ended up going to sleep with the swatches on my hand and both swatches were still on my hand by the next morning. I jumped in the shower and scrubbed all over and when I came out, the liquid liner came off as I expected but the gel liner stayed put. It was semi-rubbed off but it was still very obviously there. So, I'd say THIS IS AN AWESOME product for the price that it is. Would definitely buy again. I may be replacing my HIP gel liner for this one pretty soon. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2009 8:43:00 AM More reviews by cutsieeee

I bought this product at Target for $8.99, and it was SOOOO worth it. Normally I'm a prude when it comes to spending money on makeup, but I really wanted to try a gel liner, and this was really the only one I could find. Anyway, too excited to wait until morning to try it out, I did it before bed, didn't wash it off, and woke up with it in it's exact place. No raccoon eyes! It didn't smudge a bit. I would DEFINITELY reccommend this product, or any of Sonia Kashuk's products actually. She's a great designer. BUY THIS!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2009 1:52:00 PM More reviews by ChickenTenders

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a review for the color in Cocoa. In my opinion, this doesn't hold a candle to MAC's Dipdown (SK Cocoa) in application. SK's does not apply evenly and skips, it's also a little hard to blend. I find myself putting more than one coat on my eyelids. With MAC I only need one coat and it applies like a dream. SK's also dries out a little easier and the brown is not as intense. HOWEVER, it does last about 30 min - 1 hour longer than MAC's. That is the only thing it has against MAC, besides the price ($8.00). In my opinion, I would spring the extra $7 for a fluidline. Much easier to apply with a beautiful finish. I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2009 11:09:00 PM More reviews by styathm

i have been wanting to try out gel eyeliners because i've worn liquid eyeliners my whole life! i thought i'd try this one out (black) because i do like SK brushes & lipsticks. I thought the price was inexpensive (compared to others in Sephora & dept. stores) and was a good way to start. It's about 90 degrees with high humidity and so far after 5 hours of wear in no A/C @ home it hasn't smudged or smeared. goes on smooth & you can make it thin or heavy as you apply. i also used angle brush. will have to wear from morning to night & see how it fares. will update if anything changes. i like it so far!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2009 6:33:00 PM More reviews by sashimigirl

I really like this. I don't like pencils cause of sharpening, plus they never give as defined a line as I want. Liquid liners are messy and a pain. I've tried dark eyeshadow applied with a liner brush, but they don't have much oomph or lasting power.

So I went looking at Target for a cream or gel liner in a pot and this was the most attractive option ($8.99, cheaper than the HIP). I got cocoa, which is a very deep brown.

It applies very smoothly (I use an angled tip liner brush) with line definition and staying power of liquid but with better control and more error proof. Exactly what I was looking for!