November 23, 2014 | 993 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 10/2/2003 4:54:00 PM More reviews by gharrell

Never understood the hype on this one. I did'nt like it when I was 11 and playing dress-up and I don't like it now. All it does is color your lashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2003 3:53:00 PM More reviews by hmheins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this when I was in a bind and needed a mascara right away. I keep it at my desk for those days when I run to the office with no makeup on. It's not bad, but it has a tendency to clump easily. This definitely doesn't deserve all the praise it receives.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2003 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Nia81

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this in Soft Black and I really like it! It doesn't curl my lashes but it does lengthen them, making them darker and more defined. It looks very natural and doesn't clump - I use several light strokes and that does the trick.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2003 6:31:00 PM More reviews by mascara_addict

i swear maybelline must fake all the sales they say the have on this mascara and pay all those celebs a ton to say its their fav. cuz i cant see why...it clumps uncurls lashes smudges and is to small. the only reason i gave it a 2 is because theres so much in the tube and the brush never dries out even after 3 months which by then u should get another one anyway lol

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2003 7:28:00 PM More reviews by NancyT

Man, there's no love here on MUA for Great Lash! I remember when my sister used to use this back in the 70s. That distinctive pink and green tube is about as recognizable as McDonalds' arches. Well, I will stick by my old friend and extol its virtues! I have 3 tubes of this stuff, the Blackest Black, Brownish-Black and Navy and it is good stuff. Thin, not goopy, doesn't clump, highly pigmented, small brush that is easy to work with...there's no reason why this should evoke such negative responses! Oh well. I think it's a classic. The '55 T-bird of mascaras. :-)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2003 1:55:00 AM More reviews by MirandaRawson

I have this in Brownish Black. So-so mascara, does the trick but doesn't stay long and smudges easily. Not impressed. I wouldn't buy again. Ugly container!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2003 12:59:00 AM More reviews by daturagirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Uh, I really do NOT see where the hype about this came from. I looked like I had glued tarantulas to my eyelids....

Oh, and whatever you do, don't get the BLACKEST BLACK....unless you're still stuck in your "I want to be in The Cure" phase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2003 2:08:00 PM More reviews by modegirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

so many years, this has been touted as the best. because of this, i have always thought i could not use mascara if this is the best it gets.

it has always given me clumpy ugly tammy faye lashes and smudges with the slightest tear in the eye.

they sure do make alot of money off of this -- and they haven't even had to redesign the ugly 70s tube....

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2003 10:43:00 PM More reviews by RachelCat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i like the brush because it does its job and makes my lashes longer and a bit thicker. my only complaint is that it smudges- bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2003 4:00:00 PM More reviews by GirlNYC76

I think this is a great mascara for $5.
I use it when I don't want a very made up look.
It does clump but so do the expensive mascaras I use.
I don't find it to lengthen my lashes very much.
But I think it's a good basic.