Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

2.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Beeswax, Glyeryl Sterarate, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Methylparaben, Quaternium-15, Simethicone, Quarternium-15, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77492, CI77499, 77491 / Iron Oxides CI77007 / Ultramarines, Mica, CI77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI75470 / Carmine, CI77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI77742 / Manganese Violet. CI77742.

on 1/2/2004 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

Words that come to mind: heavy, wet, sucks! Whatta joke.. i bought the blackest black & it came with a free waterproof one. This mascara weighs my lashes down n takes almost forever to dry. I like the tiny wand & bristles though.. this reminds me of lancome's defincils. i wont be repurchasing this - ever.

on 1/2/2004 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

When I was a teenager with long, thick, curly, blondish eyelashes this stuff was the bomb. This watery fluid did exactly what I needed a mascara to do: It made my blondish eyelashes brownish black.

Now that I'm all grown up, this doesn't do a thing for me. It is so watery it makes my eyelashes look like spikes. I bought a tube a few months ago. The next morning, I was putting on my makeup before going to work, and ended up having to wash my face and start all over again on account of this mascara!

I recommend Great Lash only if you have beautiful lashes that just need some color. continued >>

on 1/1/2004 8:36:00 PM

I've been using this mascara for as long as I can remember and I have sort of a love/hate relationship with it. It does tend to get clumpy pretty quickly but then again I like a waterproof mascara and theirs is truly waterproof. Other brands of mascara have made their way into my makeup bag over the years, but they haven't satisfied me as much. So until I find that perfect mascara, this is it for me.

on 1/1/2004 7:06:00 PM

Once again, I have been bamboozled by the kudos given to this mascara by various makeup artists and beauty magazines. Despite my disappointment each time I buy it every few years or so. The magazines raving about it suckers me in each time to give it another try. Oh well, it's so cheap, that it's not really worth complaining, really.
Perhaps its wrong of me to compare this to the HG of all mascaras- Shu Uemura. Afterall, there is a huge price difference.
Sometimes I wonder if the magazine editors are paid by Maybelline to say "it's the best masacara out there...".... perhaps it is for the price....

Ok quality. Clumped on me and gave me spidery lashes.

on 12/31/2003 3:54:00 AM

I've tried this product soooo many times (in Black) and it always runs, flakes and/or smudges on me. Need to find a better mascara.

on 12/30/2003 4:56:00 PM

Hands down, one of the WORST products I've ever used. Like several other reviewers, I try a tube again every few years because the "experts" continue to rave about it. But, it just doesn't work for me. Small, oddly shaped brush, sticky wet formula and ends up underneath my eyes in literally 5 minutes. I will never buy again.

on 12/30/2003 12:20:00 PM

I've have tried this mascara time and time again and cannot understand why the so called industry experts claim this is the best mascara out there! What are they thinking? This mascara is crappy, IMO. It does not lengthen or thicken at all!

on 12/29/2003 8:38:00 PM

I find this mascara to be very thick and the feeling of it on my lashes is that off stiff bristles, do not like this proudct. Such better mascara out there, DO NOT BUY!
EDIT 91/18/04
I tried this again about a week and a half ago, and I'm finding myself likeing this mascara better than I did before. I give it now 3 lipsticks.

on 12/29/2003 7:02:00 PM

With all the great mascaras out there why bother with this one? I keep reading that Maybelline sells a tube every 5 minutes or so, amazing!! My question is who keeps buying this garbage?