Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

2.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Beeswax, Glyeryl Sterarate, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Methylparaben, Quaternium-15, Simethicone, Quarternium-15, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77492, CI77499, 77491 / Iron Oxides CI77007 / Ultramarines, Mica, CI77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI75470 / Carmine, CI77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI77742 / Manganese Violet. CI77742.

on 12/6/2003 11:35:00 AM

This mascara blows. All of my magazines said how wonderful it was, so I tried it. Even though I got it dirt cheap, I hate it. It doesn't lengthen your lashes at all, and the version that isn't waterproof is terrible when you get water on your face! :P

on 12/5/2003 10:01:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I've been using the waterproof for 20+ years and love it! And how can you beat the price?! I'm usually pretty good about getting my lashes to they don't have clumps.

You get what you pay for. Great Lash sux. SMUDGE CITY from the second you pull the wand out of the tube. No staying power. Doesn't lengthen or thicken or do anything but make a mess. I don't understand the hype, but save your babysitting money.

on 12/3/2003 11:00:00 PM

I heard this was a great mascara for a small price. So I finally bought it when I came across a BIGIF offer at CVS. I figured for $3.95, I could give it a shot. Well, I still have an unopened tube that I will give away because I hate this product! The brush is too small and it doesn't do anything for my lashes! I will stick to my Lancome difin. It may be pricey, but at least it works well!

on 12/3/2003 2:45:00 AM

I have used this for years and after trying so many others I always come back. Yes it does clump, but come on makeup girls you should know you should NEVER just pull out the wand and apply! This gos for all mascara! Take a tissue and whipe the applicator!!! I took make up classes and this is what they told us to do. And I never have a need for a eyelash comb and I never have spider eyes. For the price you can't beat this, and if you have a mascara running problem get the waterproof!

***edit*** Ok after years of this I purchased some new stuff and I have to say that overall the new stuff is 10'xs better. I mean I do not hate this but know that I know there is better this just doen't compare. I got the sky high curves because of the rave reviews here and agree 100% with the rave, sorry greatlash you have been replaced.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Don't listen to people that say Maybeline Great Lash is the best because I am here to tell you that it sucks! The formula is fine but the brush is what ruins it. All it is is a widely spaced spiraled brush with clumped bristles, which makes it impossible to neatly brush through your lashes without making them clumped. All I get is three matted spikes when I use it. Anyway, the best mascara is Maybeline Lash Discovery. It has a small brush which combs through lashes neatly and distributing just the right amount of mascara. It works especially well with people with extremely short lashes or for your bottom lashe. I would definately recommend buying this product(not the first one mentioned)!

The absolute worst. Stings too!

on 12/1/2003 12:37:00 AM

I've used this product for many years and prefer it to much more expensive mascaras. It's basic, but does the job day in and day out, and the tube lasts a long time before needing to be replaced. If I had any criticism, it would be that my eyes are sensitive to light and wind and tear easily meaning the mascara runs easily. I'd prefer it to have a bit more staying power.

on 11/30/2003 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i know most MUAers hate this, but i don't. good color, nice curled wand, and does a good job lengthening my lashes. only complaints are that it irritated my eyes a touch (but most mascaras do) and it can be a little clumpy. i prefer Full and Soft, but this'll do in a pinch.

on 11/30/2003 8:25:00 PM

This was the first mascara I poached from my mother when I was 12 years old and 22 years later, it's my favorite. I have tried so many mascaras in a quest to find the "adult" mascara...but none have come close to this. The wand is the perfect size, my lashes only need one application and I have no need to do any separating.