Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

2.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Beeswax, Glyeryl Sterarate, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Methylparaben, Quaternium-15, Simethicone, Quarternium-15, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77492, CI77499, 77491 / Iron Oxides CI77007 / Ultramarines, Mica, CI77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI75470 / Carmine, CI77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI77742 / Manganese Violet. CI77742.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Quite simply revolting. It irks me that this stupid piece-of-crap product is such a bestseller. The brush, for starters, is unusable, so I have to use a different mascara wand to wear it, and it is wet and thin like black water. BAD!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I hate this mascara with a passion. It is SO messy and wet. It goes everywhere and I usually go through about 5 q-tips for post-application clean up. For each eye. Not to mention, that through out the day, I am constantly checking and cleaning up because it runs everywhere. You could not pay me to buy this crap again. I thought I was wasting money by purchasing Prescriptives mascara, but it looks like I will be going back to that, or ANYTHING else.

I hated this mascara. I had heard everywhere that it was the best mascara around and all the make-up artists use it but it did nothing for me. It clumped, didn't lengthen or thicken. My lashes just kind of looked a little darker but not that great.

Got all gunky in no time. Mess.

This mascara made my lashes clump together in protest of this awful stuff. Its better than no mascara at all... But if you must purchase a drugstore brand, for goodness sake -- go with something else. Plus it flakes. I had black powder on my cheeks as a result.

2 lippies - Its not total crap, but darn close.

I used to wear this in high school...and now I am addicted to Lancome. I always read that so many makeup artists use this as a staple...but I don't see the big deal. It flakes, it smears, it does nothing for me. I don't recommend this product at all.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

You know what? I'm not a mascara girl. I used to HATE wearing the stuff, because it would flake off, smear, make my eyelashes stick together, and just generally make a mess of my face. However, more recently I realized that I was piling on the eyeliner and eyeshadow while leaving my eyelashes naked; I always thought they were dark and full enough to hold their own, but I'm beginning to realize that they need a little help.
Now, I don't need a mascara that will make my lashes curly or long or thick or fake-looking. I just want one that will darken my lashes and give them definition without going overboard.
I've never liked paying a lot of money for makeup, so I headed for the drugstore and scouted out the cheapest mascara I could find (that wasn't some lame dollar-store brand). I settled on Great Lash in Very Black, even though I recalled its poor rating on this site.
But, guess what? This mascara is PERFECT for me! The brush is nice and small and reaches all my lashes easily (I HATE mascaras with big, fluffy brushes). My lashes look darker and more defined without looking gooey or overly made up. Best of all, it doesn't smear or flake!
I'm sure you all have your reasons for hating this stuff, but I'm also sure that they wouldn't have made this stuff for 30 years if people didn't buy it and love it, like me. :o) continued >>

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Why oh why has this been the HG for so long for so many?? It doesn't do a thing for me, although I just read a review that says it's best for darkening the lashes, which is useless for me since mine are black.

This mascara goes on just as well as the costly Lancome Definicils, but it has one fatal flaw--it smudges on my oily eyelids after a few hours. It really does go on well, and I like how it holds the curl of my eyelashes, but I don't like fussing with my face when I'm out, and I don't want to risk running around with marks on my eyelids.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have naturally long lashes that don't need to be curled and look fine without mascara, but some days I like to have more definition. I was also duped by the magazines into purchasing Maybelline Great Lash, because it has supposedly been a staple in the beauty industry for decades. It got the job done, but was very clumpy, tended to smudge on my lower lids, and flaked onto my cheeks.
Then I discovered Clinique Long Pretty Lashes and Christian Dior Mascara Diorific and realized how terrible the Great Lash mascara really was. Clinique & Dior not only come in better-looking tubes, they don't clump at all, don't flake, don't smudge. I'll never get Maybelline Great Lash again.

Popular Mascaras