October 23, 2014 | 901 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2003 10:43:00 PM More reviews by RachelCat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i like the brush because it does its job and makes my lashes longer and a bit thicker. my only complaint is that it smudges- bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2003 4:00:00 PM More reviews by GirlNYC76

I think this is a great mascara for $5.
I use it when I don't want a very made up look.
It does clump but so do the expensive mascaras I use.
I don't find it to lengthen my lashes very much.
But I think it's a good basic.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2003 6:57:00 PM More reviews by KixxyStixx

This in "Very Black" has been my staple mascara for about 4 years now. What can I say? I love it! However, it is one of those cometics you really have to practice with to get the desired effect. I believe the reason a lot of people don't like this is because they probably haven't experimented with it enough. I would know- I hated this stuff at first. Once you learn how to apply it the right way as to avoid the clumps/gooeyness, it lengthens and darkens the lashes like no other! That said, I don't think this is the mascara of choice for "Natural" looking girls. C'mon people- there's a REASON this is the #1 mascara!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2003 1:39:00 PM More reviews by trish575

It's cheap, highly over-rated and really did nothing for my lashes. I also found that it stings my eyes and flakes by the end of day. If you want a good mascara, splurge and buy Lancome or L'Oreal.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2003 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Mandolina

Why this product is touted as one beloved by all the top models is beyond me! This is probably the gunkiest slime to ever find its way onto a wand and into a garish tube. It has the consistancy of roof tar on an August afternoon, and would probably best serve its purpose as such.

Run for your life!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2003 4:34:00 PM More reviews by fallstory

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have it in soft black. First of all, i have really difficult eyelashes. They're really long, they're not stick straight (some are naturally curled), but some of them are grown to the side (?), like when i use my shu curler, they're all curled except for the ones that are determined not to go up, not down, but sideways if that makes sense. anyways, the first time i tried this it was horrible! it was really really wet, and not knowing that it got everywhere, raccoon eyes and all, and it clumped! i tried it again a couple of days later and horray, to my surprise, they ACTUALLY separated (first time! i never expected it). Usually i can't put more than one coat, and because it is kinda 'wet' i can put 2 coats and still form them. They actually stay up and they thicken and look even longer (which is crazy). Summary, u just have to play with it, maybe it doesnt work on some, but this mascara surprised me in more than one way!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2003 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Lynnabeth

It does a decent job lenghtening/thickening, but is not the wonder product magazines would lead you to believe. I've noticed it flakes a little, leaving a smudge under my lower lashes at the end of the day (I only apply on upper). As with all mascaras, it's more effective if you curl first.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2003 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Smilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I'm so tired of hearing this product touted by actresses and beauty editors. You'd think they all used nothing but Great Lash mascara, Smith's Rosebud Salve and Cetaphil cleanser. Sometimes I think people just thoughtlessly extol products simply because they've heard someone else do it, regardless of whether the product actually deserves praise. This is a terrible mascara. It clumps and leaves smudges under my eyes and on my browbones. I bought it three times over several years thinking I'd just give it another chance, or that I'd just gotten a "bad bottle". Thankfully I've wised up when it comes to my cosmetic purchases.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2003 7:07:00 PM More reviews by jcho

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

yuck! i'll pass next time. i don't need extra clumps and raccoon eyes when using a mascara. talk about a product being overrated. the only thing this mascara has going for it is the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2003 5:16:00 AM More reviews by meoxx

Well I must say I can't believe all the negative comments about this mascara...differnt lashes must really react differently.. this product is great! it makes your lashes look sooooo nice
Well one draw back is trying to get it off at night but other then that its a great product! very long dark black lashes produced