December 19, 2014 | 1576 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2003 11:11:00 AM More reviews by lips_s4

i liked the clinique mascara better, i have the curved bush version of great lash mascara and personally i thought it kinda sucked because it didn't curl my eyelashes(i use an eyelash curler), otherwise it was a good mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2003 7:00:00 PM More reviews by LunaPopFan

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My first mascara was greatlash, but this was back when i had no idea how good mascaras could get. I tried this again after hearing tons of raves i tried it again. Good color, BAD brush/formula. Smudgy and not cool at all!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2003 7:23:00 PM More reviews by brianx

I actually used to hate this mascara with a passion, until now. Maybelline really did a great job changing the formula with the new "Blackest Black" shade. It is totally different: watery and thin, but not in a bad way (unlike my HG Chanel's thick gel texture). It lengthens, thickens, defines, does not clump, does not smudge, holds a curl and is just wonderful! I never thought I'd be saying this about Great Lash, but I am. My only gripe is that you DO need to replace this mascara in a timely manner (every 3 months or sooner), because once it gets old it's back to the good old Great Lash again: it clumps, gives you spider lashes, turns to tar, and is just a mess... Not that replacing this would be a problem, as it costs around $4-5 at most drugstores. Go with Blackest Black, and make sure to curl your lashes FIRST, and do NOT wait for each coat to dry before applying another. Apply 2-3 coats (or more) in rapid succession and you will witness what I have! PS: It still runs, but I assume that that will never change.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2003 1:06:00 PM More reviews by lilacterp

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an average mascara, despite the accolades in practically every magazine. I bought into the hype a while ago, as the price of this kept going up. That was before I tried other mascaras and left this one in the dust. Yes, it adds color and definition, but it is not worth all the glory. Way overrated and just okay.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2003 12:05:00 PM More reviews by amarock

Bad product! Ugly packaging!
Why do many beauty magazine still claim this is a great mascara? I was dooped into trying this product - all I got was clump & flake city! Don't even waste your $5 on this. EDIT: I fell for this product AGAIN! I bought it once when I was in high school and for some reason, I'd forgotten how it gave me terrible raccoon eyes. It still gives me raccoon eyes! It runs very easily, if I even yawn and my eyes water, it will smear. I always wear non-waterproof mascara (namely, CG) and that doesn't happen with the other brands. I followed the advice given by a reviewer here to leave the tube open for a week prior to using, which did help dry it out a bit. All negatives aside, I did give it a 2 because of 2 things: 1) it does apply nicely and builds up the length of the lashes 2) the brush is small enough to reach the corner lashes (I washed off the mascara and kept the wand and threw out the rest). Still the same old hideous pink and green wand though... continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2003 1:34:00 PM More reviews by PoisonedIvy

It makes me laugh to see all the negative reviews on this one... I though I was the only person who didn't like this stuff! Give me my L'Oreal Voluminous any day over this useless crud. This makes my eyelashes actually look LESS noticeable, I swear. They're already black, thanks, so all it did was make them look stuck together and not in a good way.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2003 5:33:00 PM More reviews by cainca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Lamest mascara ever. Doesn't build either thickness or length. They sell it for $4 at Target so I tried it because of all the reviews in the magazines which say it is the best deal ever. But even at $4 I felt ripped off after I tried it cause I knew I would never use it again! Paula Begoun at www.cosmeticscop.com was right - this stuff stinks!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2003 2:39:00 PM More reviews by kls17

This mascara never ceases to underwhelm me. No matter how many times I try to like Great Lash, I always end up throwing it in the trash after the second use. I tried the waterproof formula and it was icky. It made my lashes really stiff and clumpy. It is very waterproof, I'll give it that. However, it does smudge a bit under the lower lashes. It's pretty cheap and probably good in a pinch but I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2003 12:19:00 AM More reviews by nerdalicious

I love this mascara. It's the only one I can use that doesn't make my lashes fall flat in seconds. The trick is to take a piece of Kleenex or toilet paper and wrap it around the brush, pressing down and taking off some of the 'excess' mascara, then curl and apply. Does that make sense? I hope so. I'd take pictures to visually illustrate if I could. But if you pull it straight out of the tube and slap it on your lashes OF COURSE it's going to clump and be all 'wet'. There's too much of it naturally. Point is, you need to get creative to make it work, as with all makeup. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/2/2003 4:54:00 PM More reviews by gharrell

Never understood the hype on this one. I did'nt like it when I was 11 and playing dress-up and I don't like it now. All it does is color your lashes.