July 22, 2014 | 2423 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2003 7:37:00 AM More reviews by babyv7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't understand it, either. Why do people rave about this mascara?

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2003 4:39:00 PM More reviews by kthibo

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't for the life of me figure out why MA seem to rave about this...clumpy, smudgy, and unnatural looking to boot. I tossed this!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2003 1:00:00 PM More reviews by missamanda

I got the waterproof Great Lash, and I liked it pretty well. In my experience it clumps a little, not a lot, and doesn't flake. It does smear some under unfavorable circumstances (like overnight, or if you go swimming, etc.) but it's worth noting that I have very oily skin around my eyes. The brush is a little fat for my taste. The overall effect- it's good stuff (though I'm really looking for something that gives more length and visibility to my thin blonde eyelashes). I would buy it again, except that after about a month and a half - which I thought was rather a short life span - it dried up, and now I have to spend some ten minutes trying to get it on.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2003 9:54:00 PM More reviews by roxylicious

this has to be the worst mascara i've ever tried. it smudges everywhere! and the dinky brush doesn't do anything. no separation, no lengthening qualities and on top of that, it clumps like crazy. ugh.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2003 9:50:00 PM More reviews by rachelhromas

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product isn't a very thick substance. It flakes and it clumps. I wouldn't buy it again. The brush's bristles are too far apart the give my lashes any lift.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2003 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Grego

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It definitely smudges. Takes a while to dry, but it does give you the appearance of a well defined lash. If you can stop from blinking... until it drys. I'm not sure if it flakes though... I had to take it off b/c of the mess it made around my eye.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2003 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Sweetest_Taboo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've never had the problems that most of the reviewers on here have written about...anyways, I like this mascara. It does a good job of making my lashes well-defined and longer-looking.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2003 2:48:00 PM More reviews by moosie

i rotate through about four different mascaras (lancome, clinique, bourjois, etc) and i happened to choose this one today.. it separates, defines, and lengthens without clumping (are you guys using too much??..) for a pretty, natural look. it does end up flaking at the end of the day, but i find that ALL mascaras do. that said, it surprises me that so many hate this product! i've used it for years and was always fond of it.

nowadays i am more or less seeking out good curling mascaras, but i would definitely buy this again if there was a deal (two for one, free makeup remover, etc).

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2003 11:44:00 PM More reviews by CateOm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What is the big deal with this stuff? It smudges, flakes and drys eyelashes. Sorry but this mascara is rubbish.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2003 10:28:00 AM More reviews by mynameisannie

I bought this a long time ago when everyone suggested it. I absolutely hated it! It made my lashes fall out everytime I took it off. Never used it again, now it's garbage