Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

2.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Beeswax, Glyeryl Sterarate, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Methylparaben, Quaternium-15, Simethicone, Quarternium-15, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77492, CI77499, 77491 / Iron Oxides CI77007 / Ultramarines, Mica, CI77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI75470 / Carmine, CI77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI77742 / Manganese Violet. CI77742.

on 1/19/2004 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have been reading for years in certain fashion magazines that make-up artists go wild for this product. And like a good consumer, I have been buying it for years, never once considering that THEY ARE ALL LYING!!
This mascara never did anything for my lashes other than give them a little bit of colour...which I suppose, if you are going for "natural" look, is ok. Well, I am not, I want my make-up to look like make-up and I want black spiky lashes that are at least 3 inches long.
Next please!!

on 1/19/2004 2:46:00 PM

The only thing I like about this mascara is the cute packaging...everything else about it is unbelievably horrendous.....How can the mascara gods allow this to continue??? I can name a thousand better ones, even wet and wild and crappy dollar mascaras are better.....save your money!!!

on 1/13/2004 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really don't understand the cult following this mascara supposedly enjoys. I have tried this mascara repeatedly, and it always lets me down. It gives spiky results (you end up with 4 or 5 big lashes). It also seems to transfer into a vague shadow under my eyes after a few hours of wear. About the only thing going for it is the price, but with such poor results, that is $3.50 wasted. I could have used that money for something that works well.

on 1/11/2004 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

What the Heck???? Who said this was the #1 Mascara? They must be brain dead!!! I have long lashes naturally and this made my lashes look clumped, short, and barely put any mascara on them. It's the worst mascara I've ever used!! Don't waste your money unless you don't like much mascara, because this is terrible. My mom even bought me blackest black one day because I said I wanted Illegal Lengths. (the best, might I say). That sucked too!! My sister likes it though, but eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwww. That's all I gotta say. I will NEVER buy EVER again.

on 1/10/2004 11:48:00 PM

I, too, believed those Allure readers, whoever they are. They must all work for Maybelline. This mascara is just normal, if not bad. The cheap price does not compensate for the clumps.

on 1/10/2004 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Who uses this??? I always hear that makeup artists "swear" by this mascara, but i tried this and HATED it. I have naturally very long, curved lashes, which are just blond on the tips, and this was CLUMPY, and made my lashes look short and straight!!ewwww boo for this mascara

on 1/10/2004 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Ick.....very water IMO...weighed down my lashes...made my eyes itchy too...bleh! ...Only one that has ever done this to me

on 1/10/2004 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Didn't lengthen. Didn't thicken. Didn't do anything except take up space in the trash.

on 1/9/2004 4:12:00 AM

I've tried worse mascaras. One good thing about this stuff is the wide variety it comes in---in terms of colors, types of wands, and waterproof/water resistant etc. It's also cheap. However,it gives me spider eyes and clumps. Ugh.

on 1/8/2004 8:42:00 PM

tiny brush, wet application & clumpy lashes. very disappointing!