November 27, 2014 | 1437 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2003 5:33:00 PM More reviews by cainca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Lamest mascara ever. Doesn't build either thickness or length. They sell it for $4 at Target so I tried it because of all the reviews in the magazines which say it is the best deal ever. But even at $4 I felt ripped off after I tried it cause I knew I would never use it again! Paula Begoun at www.cosmeticscop.com was right - this stuff stinks!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2003 2:39:00 PM More reviews by kls17

This mascara never ceases to underwhelm me. No matter how many times I try to like Great Lash, I always end up throwing it in the trash after the second use. I tried the waterproof formula and it was icky. It made my lashes really stiff and clumpy. It is very waterproof, I'll give it that. However, it does smudge a bit under the lower lashes. It's pretty cheap and probably good in a pinch but I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2003 12:19:00 AM More reviews by nerdalicious

I love this mascara. It's the only one I can use that doesn't make my lashes fall flat in seconds. The trick is to take a piece of Kleenex or toilet paper and wrap it around the brush, pressing down and taking off some of the 'excess' mascara, then curl and apply. Does that make sense? I hope so. I'd take pictures to visually illustrate if I could. But if you pull it straight out of the tube and slap it on your lashes OF COURSE it's going to clump and be all 'wet'. There's too much of it naturally. Point is, you need to get creative to make it work, as with all makeup. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/2/2003 4:54:00 PM More reviews by gharrell

Never understood the hype on this one. I did'nt like it when I was 11 and playing dress-up and I don't like it now. All it does is color your lashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2003 3:53:00 PM More reviews by hmheins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this when I was in a bind and needed a mascara right away. I keep it at my desk for those days when I run to the office with no makeup on. It's not bad, but it has a tendency to clump easily. This definitely doesn't deserve all the praise it receives.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2003 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Nia81

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this in Soft Black and I really like it! It doesn't curl my lashes but it does lengthen them, making them darker and more defined. It looks very natural and doesn't clump - I use several light strokes and that does the trick.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2003 6:31:00 PM More reviews by mascara_addict

i swear maybelline must fake all the sales they say the have on this mascara and pay all those celebs a ton to say its their fav. cuz i cant see why...it clumps uncurls lashes smudges and is to small. the only reason i gave it a 2 is because theres so much in the tube and the brush never dries out even after 3 months which by then u should get another one anyway lol

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2003 7:28:00 PM More reviews by NancyT

Man, there's no love here on MUA for Great Lash! I remember when my sister used to use this back in the 70s. That distinctive pink and green tube is about as recognizable as McDonalds' arches. Well, I will stick by my old friend and extol its virtues! I have 3 tubes of this stuff, the Blackest Black, Brownish-Black and Navy and it is good stuff. Thin, not goopy, doesn't clump, highly pigmented, small brush that is easy to work with...there's no reason why this should evoke such negative responses! Oh well. I think it's a classic. The '55 T-bird of mascaras. :-)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2003 1:55:00 AM More reviews by MirandaRawson

I have this in Brownish Black. So-so mascara, does the trick but doesn't stay long and smudges easily. Not impressed. I wouldn't buy again. Ugly container!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2003 12:59:00 AM More reviews by daturagirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Uh, I really do NOT see where the hype about this came from. I looked like I had glued tarantulas to my eyelids....

Oh, and whatever you do, don't get the BLACKEST BLACK....unless you're still stuck in your "I want to be in The Cure" phase.