December 18, 2014 | 1663 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2001 11:15:00 AM More reviews by wvbeetlebug

I bought this b/c I wanted a cleanser that would remove my makeup quickly w/o drying it out. I prefer foaming cleansers and this was more of a milky one. It stung my eyes and left that film. It didn't totally remove my makeup either. I had to rewash my face with my normal foaming cleanser. Although I did like the packaging, albeit boring and outdated, the pump made it practical. I would not recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2001 3:36:00 PM More reviews by blondie09

Very good product! I love it and I have tried a lot of cleaners to prove it:) Cleans well and the best that I have ever found. Well worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2001 8:07:00 PM More reviews by Athena

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. It's so versatile, and it cleared up my oily, acne prone skin. It leaves the skin very soft and not stripped at all, and it removes makeup very well. There are very few ingredients, so it doesn't break me out or irritate my skin. If you mix it with Zirh Scrub, you have the PERFECT everyday facial exfoliant. My skin has been less oily since using Cetaphil. You need a bottle of this if you like to play with your makeup--you can use Cetaphil on a cottonball or tissue and wipe your makeup off and not have to dry your skin out by washing it too many times. It makes a great eye-makeup remover, too. I think this is a product every beauty buff must have.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2001 4:09:00 PM More reviews by alikona

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE CETAPHIL. I have had very few blemish problems since I started using this product which is GREAT! I love it. I do recommend using an eye makeup remover before (I use waterproof mascara), but think this product really does the job. I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2001 7:20:00 PM More reviews by indigold

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A great moisturizer for normal to dry skin (As I have)! It doesn't exactly cleanse makeup that well (Especially eye makeup) and prevent acne. I spot treat my acne with other creams instead. If you have oily skin, don't bother.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2001 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Sarah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I struggled with whether to give this product a 3 or a 4, and I eventually decided on a 4 because, although it lacks pizazz, it MOSTLY does its job. The problem I have with Cetaphil is that it doesn't always remove ALL the makeup- but it doesn't make me break out, which is key. But it's not cute and trendy. :-(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2001 7:23:00 PM More reviews by blyss

I bought this hearing that a lot of fellow MUAers loved this product. Hm... i have no idea what it did for others cause it did nothing for me. I personally love foaming soaps and this NADA of it. It was horribly watery and my e/s stuck onto my eye after washing. I looked like a racoon! I definately dont recommend this UNLESS you want something cheap and you are young enough to have perfect skin!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2001 9:11:00 AM More reviews by fancypermcrystal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

This product just did not thrill me. Left me feeling like I needed to wash again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2001 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Adele

This was OK, but I wouldn't buy it again. It did clean my skin without overdrying, but it didn't remove my eyemakeup at all...I much prefer my Paula's choice to this...

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2001 5:25:00 AM More reviews by blondie09

I love this!! Cetaphil cleans my face so much better then the other brands that I was currently using and not getting the results that I wanted. Cetaphil left my face "feeling clean and fresh". Definetly worth the price that I paid....(the real stuff for $8.00, not bad)......
Now my next mission somehow I want to try Mac cosmetics and Urban Decay:)