September 18, 2014 | 898 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2001 3:09:00 PM More reviews by MelissaS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like to use this at night and find that it removes my makeup just fine. I do not find that it does anything spectacular but it's cheap and gentle which I like for night time.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2001 12:34:00 PM More reviews by figfunston

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is not a good product for me at all. I wanted to like it because it's cheap and so many people swear by it. My forehead breaks out into those tiny "braille" zits whenever I use it. No thanks.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2001 7:20:00 PM More reviews by naztazia

There's probably a million people who love this product and a million who don't. For some strange reason, I'm sort of in-between, even though most dermatologists recommend this skin cleanser to the breakout-prone and sensitive-skin patients. I purchased a bottle of this (seems like it only comes in this huge bottle), applied some of its somewhat thick liquid to my face, massaged it in, then rinsed with water. My skin burned a tiny bit, but nothing too serious. Didn't seem to do any harm... but didn't fully take off all my makeup (grrrr). It did, however, leave my skin feeling soft and moisturized afterwards, which felt great. It's a nice product for those who can't tolerate "soap" type of cleansers -- but for me, it was nothing special at this time.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2001 12:03:00 PM More reviews by KateV

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Although I wanted to love this, it is just not effective at removing makeup, and my face does not feel clean. It is also hard to rinse. I think it's nice for people with very dry skin, especially those who don't wear makeup, and it is great to shave your legs with. But I don't like it as a facial cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2001 4:24:00 PM More reviews by lncsld

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was not all it is cracked up to be. I have read great reviews of it. I just do not care for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2001 7:50:00 PM More reviews by laurenp

the best cleanser for sensitive skin ever! unfortunately it does not foam or remove makeup. but it does not irritate my sensitive skin at all!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2001 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Colleen

I always come back to this gentle cleanser whenever my combination skin is feeling irritated. It is soothing and gentle. It does not remove all my makeup unless I use a wash cloth.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2001 10:52:00 AM More reviews by brandif

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this cleanser in the morning or when I am not wearing much makeup. It doesn't remove mascara very well. I like it because it doesn't dry my skin out and it doesn't break me out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2001 2:41:00 AM More reviews by Muriel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've used this cleanser for 10+ years, and absolutely love it!
I have normal/combo/sensitive skin and very rarely break out.
Cetaphil is gentle, soothing, & you can't beat the price - I usually pay around $10 for a 16-oz bottle.
I've heard others say that it doesn't take off all of their makeup, and I would imagine that's true. I am not a foundation user so I can't comment on that aspect.
Also, I use a little water with it and rinse - the directions say you can tissue off, but I wouldn't think that is good for your skin no matter what cleanser you are using. Update 5/8/06 - Still my favorite!! I swear that Cetaphil is one of the reasons that people think I am in my late 20's when in actuality, I will be 43 in 6 months! Update 3/18/07 - Cetaphil still rocks!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No