October 25, 2014 | 1730 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2001 1:47:00 PM More reviews by MaryB

Yuck, I hated this. It didn't remove any of my makeup and it left a gooey film that just wouldn't go away. My face still felt dirty. Yuck.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2001 3:46:00 PM More reviews by Curlyhair

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product. It leaves my skin soft and gentle. This was a great buy since I have very sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2001 11:05:00 AM More reviews by BarbaraN

I'm going through a phase where I'm trying different cleansers to see which ones work the best for removing makeup - this is one I would not purchase again. It's relatively inexpensive (I believe I paid around $8 for the bottle), reminded me of my Fresh Soy Cleanser in texture, but when applied it did not do a very good job of removing my makeup. It made my face feel as though I had applied hand lotion to it afterward - a heavy and warm feeling on my face after wiping it off. I wouldn't buy it again, but every one is different on how it works for them. Still looking for a cleanser!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2001 3:57:00 AM More reviews by art-mama

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have two extremely rare skin conditions which make makeup and skin care practically a game of Russian Roulette. Since reading Paula Begoun's recommendations of this product and switching to it ten years ago, I have had the lowest incidence of skin irritation in my life, and this includes a period wherein I underwent massive hormonal/mood changes with PPMD. I love this product! I sympathise with the members who tried this product without success, but I would caution buyers to remember two things: 1)everyone has different body chemistry and sensitivities, so what works for one won't necessarily work for all and 2) unless a generic brand lists all ingredients in the same order and proportion as the branded product, it is not the *same* formulation.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2001 2:02:00 AM More reviews by mzkris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I HATE this product!!! It is way too hyped. This did nothing for my skin. It didn't feel moisturized, just filmy. My skin did not feel clean at all and it did not remove makeup well. I do not recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2001 11:33:00 PM More reviews by miata

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I use it as a makeup remover, before my daily cleaning routine. Just applied a layer over my face, and remove it with cotton pads. Then you can clean your face with your daily cleanser, great makeup remover.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2001 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Allyson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This really works great for me. I used to be super-oily everywhere and used Clinique extra-strength soap and #3 toner. About a year ago, my skin completely changed and dried out everywhere. This was the only cleanser that worked. My skin has now become combination and it still works. On some of these hot summer days, though, I do need the oily skin version. No problem removing my makeup either!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2001 7:36:00 PM More reviews by redhead2000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is very thin, white goo that is supposed to remove makeup. Didn't remove mine and left a film on my face. Yuck! I'll stick to my Basis soap.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2001 2:42:00 PM More reviews by miki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this for my dry sensitive skin...it totally stung when I used it and it didn't even remove all of my makeup. Needless to say, I'm not buying (or using) this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2001 10:34:00 AM More reviews by Paula

This product works great for my combo skin. Does not over dry and my skin feels very clean. I have been using this cleanser for a couple of years now and have not thought about trying a new cleanser anytime soon!