Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 11/7/2002 10:51:00 AM

This works better than some oily makeup removers, but it is not as gentle as it claims to be. I used this to remove waterproof mascara, and although this worked well there were some residue flakes, I tried again and the skin around my eyes were burning! It felt like the stuff was stripping off a layer of my skin, yet at the same time leaving a film of residue that turns greasy when the face was splashed with water. The packaging is okay, but the price was a little high, for a drug store based product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have skin with a mind of its own. Dry in the winter, sometimes in the summer, oily in spots. I have used Cetaphil on and off over the years. I would not recommend it as a daily for anyone who does not want a strange film sensation left on the skin. This does not remove make-up at all! It would work well for someone w/ very dry skin or in my case, after microderm, laser or Peels. Cetaphil does make an oil-free cleanser that performs heavy duty functions better than this product.
I would only use this again after a skin treatment, it is VERY gentle.

on 11/5/2002 11:50:00 AM

Heard all the hype about this product but after trying it, I think it would only work well for someone that has great skin and it doesn't really matter what you cleanse with. It is not ideal for skin like mine that is sensitive and breakout-prone. Cetaphil is very gentle and it didn't irritate my face but it left my skin feeling grimy and oily.

on 11/4/2002 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

FINALLY a cleanser that works for my dry skin, leaving it smooth and soft. It took a couple of times to get used to the "film" that is left behind, but otherwise wonderful! I can't believe I didn't find this sooner.

Try this on a dry face! It works even better for me than it did when I was wetting my face first! continued >>

on 11/3/2002 6:52:00 PM

I think one either loves or hates this product..i hated it. I tried it when my face was in bad shape, because i wanted to pare everything down to the simplest routine. I was under the impression this stuff was supposed to cleanse my combo skin..not leave it feeling nastier than before. It removed no makeup, and left me w/a gross film..I just don't understand the point of this stuff..yuk!!!

on 10/29/2002 6:44:00 PM

Definitely not a cleanser for my combination skin. It leaves a layer of residue. And I don't feel my skin has been cleansed. Ok for those with very dry and extremely sensitive skin.

on 10/28/2002 11:48:00 PM

I love Cetaphil. It's moisturizing and cleansing all in one. It's not scented-my sensitive skin likes it. And, I use baking soda with it when I want to do a little exfoliation. I also get the generic Walgreens brand. It's the same thing, but about $2 cheaper!

on 10/24/2002 1:15:00 AM

this is the only thing that I have found that actually cleanses my face and doesn't irritate my sensitve skin *AT ALL*. It's gentle but removes all my make up and helps with breakouts.
It's moderately priced and packaged nice & practically.

on 10/23/2002 5:21:00 PM

very nice cleanser...too bad it doesnt cause me to breakout or else i wouldve made it an excellent cleanser...

on 10/18/2002 2:08:00 PM

Great for combination skin. My face always feels clean and refreshed after using it. Inexpensive at around $10/bottle and lasts a long time. You definitely need to use an eyemakeup remover in addtion to this, but I love it as a cleanser-the best!

Video Reviews & Tutorials