September 23, 2014 | 2025 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2001 11:05:00 AM More reviews by BarbaraN

I'm going through a phase where I'm trying different cleansers to see which ones work the best for removing makeup - this is one I would not purchase again. It's relatively inexpensive (I believe I paid around $8 for the bottle), reminded me of my Fresh Soy Cleanser in texture, but when applied it did not do a very good job of removing my makeup. It made my face feel as though I had applied hand lotion to it afterward - a heavy and warm feeling on my face after wiping it off. I wouldn't buy it again, but every one is different on how it works for them. Still looking for a cleanser!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2001 3:57:00 AM More reviews by art-mama

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have two extremely rare skin conditions which make makeup and skin care practically a game of Russian Roulette. Since reading Paula Begoun's recommendations of this product and switching to it ten years ago, I have had the lowest incidence of skin irritation in my life, and this includes a period wherein I underwent massive hormonal/mood changes with PPMD. I love this product! I sympathise with the members who tried this product without success, but I would caution buyers to remember two things: 1)everyone has different body chemistry and sensitivities, so what works for one won't necessarily work for all and 2) unless a generic brand lists all ingredients in the same order and proportion as the branded product, it is not the *same* formulation.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2001 2:02:00 AM More reviews by mzkris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I HATE this product!!! It is way too hyped. This did nothing for my skin. It didn't feel moisturized, just filmy. My skin did not feel clean at all and it did not remove makeup well. I do not recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2001 11:33:00 PM More reviews by miata

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I use it as a makeup remover, before my daily cleaning routine. Just applied a layer over my face, and remove it with cotton pads. Then you can clean your face with your daily cleanser, great makeup remover.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2001 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Allyson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This really works great for me. I used to be super-oily everywhere and used Clinique extra-strength soap and #3 toner. About a year ago, my skin completely changed and dried out everywhere. This was the only cleanser that worked. My skin has now become combination and it still works. On some of these hot summer days, though, I do need the oily skin version. No problem removing my makeup either!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2001 7:36:00 PM More reviews by redhead2000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is very thin, white goo that is supposed to remove makeup. Didn't remove mine and left a film on my face. Yuck! I'll stick to my Basis soap.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2001 2:42:00 PM More reviews by miki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this for my dry sensitive skin...it totally stung when I used it and it didn't even remove all of my makeup. Needless to say, I'm not buying (or using) this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2001 10:34:00 AM More reviews by Paula

This product works great for my combo skin. Does not over dry and my skin feels very clean. I have been using this cleanser for a couple of years now and have not thought about trying a new cleanser anytime soon!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2001 7:35:00 AM More reviews by WaterBaby

Great cleanser for sensitive skins! I use this cleanser in the morning and it works great at keeping the moisture in while cleansing my face. I only wish it removed makeup (which it doesn't do very well...that's why I only use it in the morning). Also, the bottle should come with a pump, it would be a lot easier to use the product. It is one of the cheaper cleansers out there at about $10.00 USD for 16 ounces (and even cheaper if you buy the generic brands which are just like the brand name...I get mine for about $4.00 USD for 16 ounces at Walmart). One of the most recommended cleansers by dermatologists, since it has no irritants or fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2001 11:39:00 AM More reviews by dara09

Great cleanser at a great price! No wonder models stock up on this cleanser and buy them by the cartfuls - or so I've heard :). It's a very gentle non detergent cleanser which leaves my combination skin very soft and supple yet feeling very clean and refreshed. I wear waterproof mascara and foundation, and Cetaphil takes them all off at the end of the day. The trick is to softly massage the skin with the cleanser and I tissue off my eye area gently, rinse with water afterwards. This is definitely a winner - basic, no frills, gentle and fragrance free. Only wish it comes with the pump like the oily skin version.