Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 6/13/2002 4:55:00 PM

This is great! It doesn't lather up, but it removes my makeup from my face. It's very, very gentle. Love it.

on 6/4/2002 8:09:00 AM

To me it did not feel like that my skin felt clean, I used water to rinse of and my skin did not look clean and fresh.. My mom use this due to having ezhema this is ideal for her skin type than mine.

on 6/1/2002 11:52:00 AM

I like the gentleness of this product. It is good to use at those times when I have already washed my face a few times that day and I don't want to strip it. The problem is that my skin is too oily for me to use Cetaphil regularly. I found that Cetaphil doesn't get the oil out of my pores and hence, breakouts. But I will always keep a bottle around for those times when I need a gentle cleanser. I have not experienced the "film" that many reviewers talk about. My skin feels very soft and pure after I use this.

on 5/30/2002 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I heard so many good comments about this product. Finally I bought, but actually I had overestimated. This cleanser was really greasy, and couldn't remove makeup, and finally made me break out. It was a gentle cleanser, though. So, I just used it to wash my hand. It was really good for hand only.

on 5/25/2002 6:03:00 AM

This is a great cleanser that doesn't irritate or dry out my skin. The instruction said it removes makeup as well, it doesn't! I only use this in the morning on my face and for cleansing my hands.

on 5/19/2002 8:18:00 PM

I used this religiously for about five years and it worked well. It took off my makeup just fine as long as I used a large amount. A couple of years ago, though, I found it began to sting my face! Extraordinary, since it's supposed to be the UberGentle Cleanser. It's reassuring to see some others who say it stung them as well; I truly thought I must have some of the weirdest skin in dermatological history. I still have some around, though, for use as a shaving cream. It doesn't sting underarms or legs at all.

on 5/2/2002 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i have used this cleanser on and off. i feel that it is very gentle on the skin, which is why i keep coming back to it. i wish it did remove makeup better, which bothers me. i would recommend this to someone who has really sensitive skin or someone who requires gentle cleansing while using a skin treatment product, such as Retin-A.

on 5/1/2002 3:30:00 PM

My dad is a dermatologist and he's always encouraging my family to use it (of course, he gets it for free, so maybe that's why). Really it's not for me... I'm sure it's brilliant for super-sensitive skin, but I prefer something not quite this gentle (forever swearing by liquid neutrogena). I know the company makes a lot of serious skin care products, so they certainly are to be trusted.

I love this cleanser!!! After reading that this is a great product, i went out and bought it! I must admit i had high expectations from this but this has satisfied all my expectations!! it doesn't dry out your skin and i've found that it cleanses really well!! I really recommend this to people! i 've found that i can't live without this!!!

on 4/24/2002 1:50:00 PM

Upon a friend's recommendation I tried this. Love it! I had to get used to the feel - it's (not to be gross) like a milky goo. It does not lather. I have to use it twice- once to get off all the makeup, another to wash my face - but I was typically doing that with 2 different Clinique products before, for a lot more money. The off brand of Cetaphil (like the Walmart brand) seems to work just as well. It does not dry out my face, but leaves it very smooth.

Video Reviews & Tutorials