July 30, 2014 | 1827 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2001 10:34:00 AM More reviews by Paula

This product works great for my combo skin. Does not over dry and my skin feels very clean. I have been using this cleanser for a couple of years now and have not thought about trying a new cleanser anytime soon!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2001 7:35:00 AM More reviews by WaterBaby

Great cleanser for sensitive skins! I use this cleanser in the morning and it works great at keeping the moisture in while cleansing my face. I only wish it removed makeup (which it doesn't do very well...that's why I only use it in the morning). Also, the bottle should come with a pump, it would be a lot easier to use the product. It is one of the cheaper cleansers out there at about $10.00 USD for 16 ounces (and even cheaper if you buy the generic brands which are just like the brand name...I get mine for about $4.00 USD for 16 ounces at Walmart). One of the most recommended cleansers by dermatologists, since it has no irritants or fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2001 11:39:00 AM More reviews by dara09

Great cleanser at a great price! No wonder models stock up on this cleanser and buy them by the cartfuls - or so I've heard :). It's a very gentle non detergent cleanser which leaves my combination skin very soft and supple yet feeling very clean and refreshed. I wear waterproof mascara and foundation, and Cetaphil takes them all off at the end of the day. The trick is to softly massage the skin with the cleanser and I tissue off my eye area gently, rinse with water afterwards. This is definitely a winner - basic, no frills, gentle and fragrance free. Only wish it comes with the pump like the oily skin version.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2001 3:09:00 PM More reviews by MelissaS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like to use this at night and find that it removes my makeup just fine. I do not find that it does anything spectacular but it's cheap and gentle which I like for night time.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2001 12:34:00 PM More reviews by figfunston

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is not a good product for me at all. I wanted to like it because it's cheap and so many people swear by it. My forehead breaks out into those tiny "braille" zits whenever I use it. No thanks.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2001 7:20:00 PM More reviews by naztazia

There's probably a million people who love this product and a million who don't. For some strange reason, I'm sort of in-between, even though most dermatologists recommend this skin cleanser to the breakout-prone and sensitive-skin patients. I purchased a bottle of this (seems like it only comes in this huge bottle), applied some of its somewhat thick liquid to my face, massaged it in, then rinsed with water. My skin burned a tiny bit, but nothing too serious. Didn't seem to do any harm... but didn't fully take off all my makeup (grrrr). It did, however, leave my skin feeling soft and moisturized afterwards, which felt great. It's a nice product for those who can't tolerate "soap" type of cleansers -- but for me, it was nothing special at this time.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2001 12:03:00 PM More reviews by KateV

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Although I wanted to love this, it is just not effective at removing makeup, and my face does not feel clean. It is also hard to rinse. I think it's nice for people with very dry skin, especially those who don't wear makeup, and it is great to shave your legs with. But I don't like it as a facial cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2001 4:24:00 PM More reviews by lncsld

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was not all it is cracked up to be. I have read great reviews of it. I just do not care for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2001 7:50:00 PM More reviews by laurenp

the best cleanser for sensitive skin ever! unfortunately it does not foam or remove makeup. but it does not irritate my sensitive skin at all!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2001 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Colleen

I always come back to this gentle cleanser whenever my combination skin is feeling irritated. It is soothing and gentle. It does not remove all my makeup unless I use a wash cloth.