Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 7/22/2002 11:50:00 AM

Ok, i need to change my comment on this product because I use it daily to remove makeup and it does a great job. I apply it to a cotton pad and remove base and blush easily from my face. Very "no hassle" make-up remover...does not irritate my skin or cause my skin to dry out.

on 7/18/2002 9:31:00 AM

I actually have some advice about this cleanser. It is a "gentle cleanser" because it doesn't contain the chemicals that would normally remove your makeup in a cleanser. Use a makeup remover before using this product. Try Lancome's Bi-Facil, it doesn't irritate eyes. This product is great for someone who dosen't enjoy that tingly, burny sensation that most cleansers give you and I love that it dosen't have a smell. It does it's job and hardly costs a thing.If you use the amount recommended ( a drop the size of a nickle ) a bottle of this stuff lasts forever.

on 7/16/2002 7:41:00 PM

Since I have eczema and super senstive skin, this cleanser works really great for me in the mornings. To get make-up off, I use Chanel's Lait Tendre cleanser, and that works really well too. The Cetaphil makes my skin feel really soft in the morning and primes it for my make up =)

on 7/8/2002 8:21:00 PM

This is the cleanser I reach for most often in the morning. It doesn't do a great job of removing makeup, but it doesn't strip my skin, either! A nice staple to have around when all else fails.

on 7/2/2002 7:03:00 PM

Oh another thing! I believe water quality in your area has a lot to do with whether a cleanser will rinse off properly or not.
It is okay to leave a thin layer of cetaphil on your skin though, it'll help keep it soft and supple and it is not greasy at all, it will feel wet at first but it's not "greasy", it's just "cetaphil" (like simple, non irritating glycerin protecting your skin).

on 7/2/2002 6:59:00 PM

This is for someone who doesn't wear that much makeup. Like many "good-for-skin" cleansers, this one does NOT remove makeup or tacky sunscreens. I strongly recommend using a makeup remover or a foaming cleanser before you use cetaphil. It will keep your skin soft, you don't even need a moisturizer afterwards. I love this cleanser because it really keeps my skin soft and silky. I usually use it in the morning and at night before bed, when there is not much daytime guck (makeup, sunscreen) on my face. But most makeup and sunscreens are skin irritants and too heavy for your skin's natural health anyway... so I guess people who love this in general don't wear makeup most of the time and have good skin to begin with.

on 6/24/2002 1:46:00 AM

I like this stuff. It's simple and effective, makes my skin feel clean and moisturized, and I am a sucker for big packaging, and this bottle is huge.

on 6/23/2002 9:45:00 PM

I don't like this stuff! I wanted to, but I just don't! It doesn't remove makeup very well, and I'm left with a sort of "waxy" or "filmy" feeling on my face.

on 6/21/2002 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

It's so funny... I have used this off and on since I was born. My skin is extremely sensitive, and I started having rashes shortly after I was born. (I have several bad allergies and eczema.) My mom would use this on me all the time. I still use this, when my eczema flares up. It is very gentle, and cleanses well enough. It doesn't dry my skin either, which is essential! However, I prefer to use a sudsy cleanser when my skin is more normal. I just feel more fresh with something sudsy! But this is defn. a wonderful cleanser!

on 6/14/2002 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product is effective in removing light makeup, not heavy makeup. After cleaning my face with this cleanser, I use toner on my face and found some makeup grime on the cotton pad. PLus points for the price and it's really very very gentle

Video Reviews & Tutorials