October 22, 2014 | 1847 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2009 2:03:00 PM More reviews by mizzou_nyc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I stumbled upon this suggestion for primer, but I've never used any primer before so I figure I'd give this a shot. I have combination skin, that is in relatively good shape with the exception of some sun damage. I wear makeup everyday, and applied this after my moisturizer.

After using this product for two weeks I'm a fan!! It makes my makeup go on so smooth. I also find it controls oil and keeps my face looking fresh. What a great find!!!

FYI: for anyone feeling weird about applying this to your face it isn't a vaginal cream, it's chafing relief meant to apply to areas of your skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2009 10:20:00 AM More reviews by txgal85

I bought this to use as a primer under my MMU, and it does feel very similar to Smashbox. I'm on the fence about it...on the one hand most days I can tell a huge difference in my makeup's lasting power, sometimes I feel like my makeup just slides off. Also, I have to use cleansing oil/makeup wipes when I remove this at night due to all the silicones. lastly, my skin is pretty prone to clogged pores, and even I use this gel more than a few days in a row, I feel as though I have more blackheads. Overall, for $6, worth a try as it works for many, but not the best for me!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2009 8:32:00 PM More reviews by lincra1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you like Smashbox's primer you will probably like this, but neither work for me for some reason. It makes my skin smooth feeling and doesn't break me out, but it doesn't seem to help whatsoever with making my foundation last longer, which is what I really bought it for. The search for a HG primer continues.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2009 8:03:00 PM More reviews by OlayiRoyalty

I absolutely LOVE this product. I was a faithful smashbox primer user.... But I am in college and well I'm trying to save as much money as possible. Soooo. As a result. I decided what the heck, let me try this. And let me tell you. It is the SAME thing as the smashbox primer. From the smell, to the color, to the texture, to the consistency. I do have sensitive skin, so I was afraid that it would break me out. But thank GOD, it has not done so. It hasn't broken me out and it works better than the smash box primer in my opinion. I love this. I went to sleep with my make up on in between classes, and usually I wake up to an oily make up disaster. But my make up was still intact and in place. It didn't move or budge a bit. I highly recommend this!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2009 9:17:00 AM More reviews by EyeLoveRocknRoll

I'm not one to be embarassed about walking through the check out line with... *ahem*... feminine products, so this wasn't a big deal for me. I figure the guy buying condoms and toilet paper has it worse off than I do, so it's ok. Anyway, I researched Smashbox Photo Finish yesterday online and came across the Monistat fix instead. I decided that at $7 versus $36 I would give it a shot. My skin looks amazing and I really didn't even put that much on (since I was getting ready for work and any make up distasters that have to be washed off and fixed will make me late). I used it sparingly, let it dry for about 10 minutes, then applied my foundation. My skin looks so smooth! I will be experimenting more with it tonight when there is no fear of running late to work. I don't see how the Smashbox could work any better than this does... most of the ingredients are the same anyway. If you're looking for a good primer on a drug store budget, try this before spending a small fortune on an ounce of the Smashbox stuff. If it doesn't work out, you can always use it for, well, its intended purpose :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2009 12:16:00 AM More reviews by 4paws

Although I don't use primer very often (because I only manage to get make-up on my face once or twice a week, tops), I found like many others on here that this stuff works just as well as Smashbox, for a lot less. Recently I also found another great use for it: I had a bad cold that lingered, and after a week my nostrils were all red and peeling in places--pretty repellent. I put some of this on after my moisturizer, and it took care of the redness and peeling and kept them from getting more irritated. I do think it smells gross (chemical smell) but that lasts about 2 seconds.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2009 11:59:00 PM More reviews by mangoo

Decided to try this after hearing good things. I find that it works well if you don't use it all the time. It works really well one day, then my skin seems to get used to it for some reason. I get oily quicker the more often I use this. The consistency seemed greasy at first but once you smooth it on your skin it dries to a powder finish. Packaging was great, it comes in a squeeze tube. Price wasn't too bad about $6 or 7.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2009 9:01:00 PM More reviews by chooch23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin and I've never used a primer on my face. So with all the high reviews I decided to give this a try. The first time I used it my makeup seemed to be flawless for more than a couple hours w/ no shine, which is huge for me. But when I tried it again I looked like I got oily w/ in a hour or so. I think it might've been due to me using a spf moisturizer that caused my face to look shiny. I will give this product a couple more weeks til I can make a final decision on weather or not to keep using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2009 1:14:00 AM More reviews by ChicaNutella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I only use this product as a primer for my eyeshadow, that's all. I break out a lot, so I do not use for the whole face, but work wonders for the eye make up. I allow around 10 minutes to let it set, then add my eye make-up. If you add the eyeshadow right away after this product, it might not work as it should.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2009 1:05:00 AM More reviews by IcyHot

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I haven't tried using this as a primer because I don't wear foundation of any kind. I do use this, however, for its intended purpose...as a chafing gel and without it, I'd be miserable.
I don't know why, but during my period, I ALWAYS develop a painful rash in the folds of my inner thighs and no matter how "dry" I keep myself and no matter what kind of feminine powders I use, none of it did any good for very long. It got so bad that I dreaded my period cuz I knew I would be miserable for the next 5 days. Besides dealing with bad cramps, I also had to deal with a painful rash! :-(
A little bit of this soft and silky gel on the inner folds of my thighs is all I need to stop the pain. I don't even know I have a rash anymore, it works THAT good! I love it and hope they never stop making it.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No