December 20, 2014 | 1128 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2009 3:48:00 PM More reviews by irish119

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

If it's true this has been discontinued, I'm going on a hunt to buy up all I can. It's at least half the price of even the cheapest silicone-based primer and works better than most of them. 24/7 has a good primer, as does Carmindy's line with Sally Hansen. I find primer essential to my drier skin, and to get it for so little money and have it work as well if not better than the 'real' stuff is really fun. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2009 8:01:00 PM More reviews by Tgallop

WOW! Who woulda known?? This is my first review; I just found out about makeupalley.com last week. I've just started paying a little more attention to make-up (because I'm at that age..). I read this review and couldn't resist giving it a try! I didn't even think how oily and glossy and shiny my make-up was becoming during the day until I tried this. It makes my skin feel soft, it makes my foundation go on smooth and it makes all my makeup last all day without the shine. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2009 9:13:00 AM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Well...I bought the photo finish, did not really like it. I heard about the monistat chafing gel as a primer. Found one (it's been discontinued, how surprising!!!) 50% off, last one on the shelf....
And it works very very WELL.
So now I am very pissed at Smashbox. And they probably heard about the whole monistat propaganda and sued them, or bought their silence, or whatever, but obviously it is very bad for their product since it work even better and is a fraction of the price (got mine for 4$....)

So here it is. It works. Really well.
*sigh*

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2009 7:37:00 PM More reviews by m430

Found out about using this as a primer on YouTube and decided to try it out. Gave it 3 lippies because I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. I like it, but I'm still oily after a couple of hours. So I feel like doesn't help much with "keeping" my BB cream (which I use instead of a foundation). But I think I will stick to this, since I've only used it a couple of times. Who knows, I might come to love it.
The only other primer I've used is DHC's Velvet Skin Coat's sample, and I feel like the Monoistat chafing gel is not much different from it. If anything, this one (Monistat) is a lot easier to apply/spread over face. Plus, it's a lot cheaper than a lot of the primers.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2009 10:32:00 AM More reviews by scabooter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This makes my skin feel silky smooth and dry, without being dehydrating. I don't really believe that a primer is necessary for the whole face, but at this price I figured it couldn't hurt to indulge a bit. I've noticed that with repeated use my skin feels smoother. Don't really notice a difference in makeup application, but I like how it makes my face feel so I would probably repurchase.

As an aside, I also put a dab where the plastic boning in my bra usually kills me by the end of the day and it protected it well, lol, so as a versatile product this deserves 5 lipsticks.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2009 2:03:00 PM More reviews by mizzou_nyc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I stumbled upon this suggestion for primer, but I've never used any primer before so I figure I'd give this a shot. I have combination skin, that is in relatively good shape with the exception of some sun damage. I wear makeup everyday, and applied this after my moisturizer.

After using this product for two weeks I'm a fan!! It makes my makeup go on so smooth. I also find it controls oil and keeps my face looking fresh. What a great find!!!

FYI: for anyone feeling weird about applying this to your face it isn't a vaginal cream, it's chafing relief meant to apply to areas of your skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2009 10:20:00 AM More reviews by txgal85

I bought this to use as a primer under my MMU, and it does feel very similar to Smashbox. I'm on the fence about it...on the one hand most days I can tell a huge difference in my makeup's lasting power, sometimes I feel like my makeup just slides off. Also, I have to use cleansing oil/makeup wipes when I remove this at night due to all the silicones. lastly, my skin is pretty prone to clogged pores, and even I use this gel more than a few days in a row, I feel as though I have more blackheads. Overall, for $6, worth a try as it works for many, but not the best for me!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2009 8:32:00 PM More reviews by lincra1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you like Smashbox's primer you will probably like this, but neither work for me for some reason. It makes my skin smooth feeling and doesn't break me out, but it doesn't seem to help whatsoever with making my foundation last longer, which is what I really bought it for. The search for a HG primer continues.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2009 8:03:00 PM More reviews by OlayiRoyalty

I absolutely LOVE this product. I was a faithful smashbox primer user.... But I am in college and well I'm trying to save as much money as possible. Soooo. As a result. I decided what the heck, let me try this. And let me tell you. It is the SAME thing as the smashbox primer. From the smell, to the color, to the texture, to the consistency. I do have sensitive skin, so I was afraid that it would break me out. But thank GOD, it has not done so. It hasn't broken me out and it works better than the smash box primer in my opinion. I love this. I went to sleep with my make up on in between classes, and usually I wake up to an oily make up disaster. But my make up was still intact and in place. It didn't move or budge a bit. I highly recommend this!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2009 9:17:00 AM More reviews by EyeLoveRocknRoll

I'm not one to be embarassed about walking through the check out line with... *ahem*... feminine products, so this wasn't a big deal for me. I figure the guy buying condoms and toilet paper has it worse off than I do, so it's ok. Anyway, I researched Smashbox Photo Finish yesterday online and came across the Monistat fix instead. I decided that at $7 versus $36 I would give it a shot. My skin looks amazing and I really didn't even put that much on (since I was getting ready for work and any make up distasters that have to be washed off and fixed will make me late). I used it sparingly, let it dry for about 10 minutes, then applied my foundation. My skin looks so smooth! I will be experimenting more with it tonight when there is no fear of running late to work. I don't see how the Smashbox could work any better than this does... most of the ingredients are the same anyway. If you're looking for a good primer on a drug store budget, try this before spending a small fortune on an ounce of the Smashbox stuff. If it doesn't work out, you can always use it for, well, its intended purpose :)