August 28, 2014 | 919 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2009 11:59:00 PM More reviews by mangoo

Decided to try this after hearing good things. I find that it works well if you don't use it all the time. It works really well one day, then my skin seems to get used to it for some reason. I get oily quicker the more often I use this. The consistency seemed greasy at first but once you smooth it on your skin it dries to a powder finish. Packaging was great, it comes in a squeeze tube. Price wasn't too bad about $6 or 7.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2009 9:01:00 PM More reviews by chooch23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin and I've never used a primer on my face. So with all the high reviews I decided to give this a try. The first time I used it my makeup seemed to be flawless for more than a couple hours w/ no shine, which is huge for me. But when I tried it again I looked like I got oily w/ in a hour or so. I think it might've been due to me using a spf moisturizer that caused my face to look shiny. I will give this product a couple more weeks til I can make a final decision on weather or not to keep using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2009 1:14:00 AM More reviews by ChicaNutella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I only use this product as a primer for my eyeshadow, that's all. I break out a lot, so I do not use for the whole face, but work wonders for the eye make up. I allow around 10 minutes to let it set, then add my eye make-up. If you add the eyeshadow right away after this product, it might not work as it should.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2009 1:05:00 AM More reviews by IcyHot

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I haven't tried using this as a primer because I don't wear foundation of any kind. I do use this, however, for its intended purpose...as a chafing gel and without it, I'd be miserable.
I don't know why, but during my period, I ALWAYS develop a painful rash in the folds of my inner thighs and no matter how "dry" I keep myself and no matter what kind of feminine powders I use, none of it did any good for very long. It got so bad that I dreaded my period cuz I knew I would be miserable for the next 5 days. Besides dealing with bad cramps, I also had to deal with a painful rash! :-(
A little bit of this soft and silky gel on the inner folds of my thighs is all I need to stop the pain. I don't even know I have a rash anymore, it works THAT good! I love it and hope they never stop making it.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2009 10:25:00 PM More reviews by dopalives

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Throwing my hat in the ring for this one. I waited a long time to try it. I'm pleasantly surprised! Even better than my Laura Mercier. A must-have product if you use mineral makeup. I can see this becoming a staple. I will continue to use it. I will edit this review if I break out. So far so good. YAY!

EDIT: Stopped working well for me. Not sure why, but the oilies came back.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2009 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Lisahh

I broke down and tried this product because I wanted to know what all the hype was about. Like a lot of reviewers here, I did NOT like this product the first time I used it. The thing that worried me was that it felt kind of runny/greasy. The next morning I gave it another try, and it seemed that overnight the cold air made the product less runny. I smoothed a thin layer on my cheeks and forehead (because that is the only area that gets dry and flaky) and all I got to say is..wow! My foundation went on smooth with no powdery finish. I'm only going to use this on the areas where I actually need it. I do apply a moisturizer or sunscreen before I apply this. Overall, it is a good product. I was skeptical at first but it turned out to work very well for me. Give it a try. It's cheap and you can return it if you don't like it. I found it at Target in the *ahem* female ointments area. Lol. good luck everybody!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2009 2:06:00 PM More reviews by DAnneMolzan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok I have to write this because everytime I see this on here I ask myself:

The person who wrote the first review on this: What the heck was their thought process of putting something that belongs on your hoo hoo on your face??? Was it an accident? I really would love to hear the story on that one!!

I gave it a 4 because its funny

a 2 because I have no clue if its cheap or not

1 because I have no clue about the packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2009 1:57:00 PM More reviews by huangmi5

i really didnt like this product the first time..but i think it was because it has gone really liquid-y under some heat. I tried it a second time and I am amazed at how it covers and glided over my flakes. I love to use it with my mineral foundation. you really dont need alot. it is best to wait for any sunscreen or lotion to dry before putting this on or else the products will roll off. this trumps smashbox !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2009 12:01:00 AM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Before I broke down and bought Monistat Chafing Relief Powder-Gel (I hate even typing the name. It's embarrassing. I don't want to admit to Monistat or chafing...), I had loads of questions. First things first, in what aisle do you find this crap? Second, how much was it? Third, how embarrassed was I going to be in the check-out line? Well, I found it, and I can't really remember what aisle it was in, so I'm sorry if you have the same question I did. I also forgot how much it ran me up... somewhere in the neighborhood of 6.99-7.99$, maybe? And I sucked up the embarrassment and I lived, because this is a good primer.
I need primer because I am absolutely, positively religious about applying sunscreen every single day and I have found that even though sunscreen manufacturers claim that their face sunscreen doesn't leave a residue... it does ('Sup, Neutrogena!). Applying foundation on top of freshly 'screened skin is a nightmare. It's patchy. It's greasy. It's gross. Ew. A pea-sized dab of this covers my face with siliconed smoothness. Instead of patchy UVA-blocking grease chemicals, my pre-makeuped face feels powdery yet quite smooth. I've used many different foundations in different formulas, from powders to liquids to creams, and they all apply nicely over Monistat Anti-Chafing Powder Gel. I love it. Except the feeling I get when I'm in the check-out line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2009 10:00:00 AM More reviews by countrygyrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok, I never ever thought I would replace my MOM as a primer but in search of that softer matte, flawless finish I bought this- mainly because it was the cheapest "primer" at the store. A pea size does my whle face including eyelids- no scent and no color. Leaves a dry yet silky smooth finish. My makeup applies nicer and looks better plus it stays perfect all day! Perfectly flawless and fresh. I even think I may be able to use a lighter foundation because my face looks that good. (currently I use Revlon Colorstay) I have oily skin and this will not keep me shine free forever (nothing does) but I only really get "glowy" (and thats after 7-8 hours) not super shiny- except for maybe on my chin but all I have to do is blot -No powder touch ups needed since my makeup looks that good. Not sure if it will perform quite as well in the heat and humidity of summer. But right now this is a must have for me.
NOTE- for all thse who are skeptical and don't want to use "vag cream" on their face this is NOT "vag cream" it is a silcone based "protectant". Read the label - its intended use is an anti- chafing gel for inner thighs, under breasts, under arms etc.... don't let the name Monistat scare you off.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No