July 22, 2014 | 1374 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2010 1:51:00 AM More reviews by MyChanelScalpel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wonderful as an eyelid primer, makes shadows last all day but does tend to dull their pigmentation slightly. When I'm not feeling up to a full makeup look, I slip this on my lids alone and it really makes my eyes pop. It is slightly darker than my fair skin, but almost totally "nude" feeling. Some complain of these cream shadows drying out, because they last so long that is bound to happen- but storing them upside down prolongs their shelf life greatly! Creamy and wonderful, a product I will repurchase again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Daantje3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is the mac product i love most. It keeps my e/s on all day long without creasing, it brightens and smoothens my eyearea and on lazy days i even use it as a concealer.
Best primer/base i've ever tried

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 11:46:00 AM More reviews by FacciaBella5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this every day as a base before my eyeshadow. Thick but easy to blend. Prevents your shadow from creasing all day! Especially useful in the summer when skin can be more moist. Love this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 9:22:00 AM More reviews by LauraJean396

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great base! I love how it mattifies my eyelid as well as neutralizes any redness! It also helps colors stick to the eyelid and not budge! Most used paint pot in my collection.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2010 12:41:00 AM More reviews by cclovex

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

painterly is a very nice eyeshadow or pigment base. I LOVE how it makes my shadow POP. Though it creases even with a primer. It's not easy to blend. If it wasn't for the ability to make my shadows more vibrant, I would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2010 2:11:00 PM More reviews by canmorg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this product. It goes on smooth and dries to a nice matte finish. Great as a base or when looking for a nude look on the eye.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2010 2:21:00 PM More reviews by miien

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Mmm...what can I say? I really like the color of this product and the consistency, but...it CREASES on me! Even when I apply a primer under this paintpot it creases a lot. I like the fact that it evens out my eyelid and it makes my eyes kind of 'awake' in the morning. Not shure if I would buy this product again...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2010 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Gr4phicTwi5t

I have never used a eyeshadow primer before and I've been thoroughly impressed over the last two weeks of usage. This color completely evens out my eyelid so there is a matte base on which to apply eyeshadow. But, the best part of it is the lack of creasing! I mean all day long! Impressive - I apply makeup at 6:15am and at 8pm, there are still no creases and my eyeshadow is still holding strong. I LOVE this product and will buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2010 6:46:00 PM More reviews by 1017

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just too darn pink for my taste. I am NW20 and work to take the pink out of my eye socket/lid area. Why on earth would I want to add this much pink back in. Yes it evens out skin tone, but I want my lids to match the rest of my face as a starting point. If you prefer a Shroom or simple beige/skin color as a base, this is NOT for you. Bare Study is gorgeous, but way too shimmery. I guess I will try Soft Ochre next.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2010 1:11:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

UPDATE: Ok, so I've kept trying to work with this and I think I finally have an idea on how to apply without being cakey. I have to use the smallest amount on my finger and blend in very quickly.

I really wanted this to work for me, but I don't care for the consistency of this product. I've tried applying this in a light layer with my fingers and with a couple types of brushes, but every time it comes out really cakey and makes my eyeshadow look horrible. I also noticed that it's drying out and I've only had it for maybe 2 months. I'm going to stick with UDPP or ELF mineral primer.