December 19, 2014 | 1576 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2010 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Carolish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great primer/base and i use it everyday under my eyeshadows. It makes them last all day long without creasing. Its also great for evening out the skintone on the eyelids, but i find it a bit drying. I wish it was a bit more creamy, it would make it easyer to apply.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2010 12:51:00 AM More reviews by mamamanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this shade on my lid. Its a touch lighter than my skin tone so i like to use it even just to cover the veins and brighten up the area. Its a drier consistency than other primer type products i have used but i like it on my oilier lids as it mattes it out. Really makes application with powders smoother

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2010 9:48:00 PM More reviews by usherlover695

Great primer. Ive used this and several other. Definately would buy again. Ive used on so many clients and myself every day and ive had the same pot for over a year and it sti hasnt run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2010 12:29:00 PM More reviews by littletree03

This is great!!! I use it everyday since I bought it about 8 months ago. The first couple of times I used the product it was kinda hard but the cream has totally softened up a bit and very easy to apply. It does make my shadow last all day and no creases for me! Love this stuff and will purchase agian and again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2010 7:12:00 PM More reviews by ns4487

This is a great product from MAC. For my NC15-20 skintone, when applied on my lids, it is almost unnoticeable. I cant say that my colours came up more true...i use a white base such as NYX jumbo pencil in Milk if i want this to happen...BUT...it kept my shadows on with NO creasing for the entire day! I dont find that my eyelids are particularly oily, so i dont know how it would last on people with oily lids, but for me, this completely worked. Yes, pricey, but if it works, im willing to pay. A+ product from MAC

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2010 10:57:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Works decently to increase the color payoff of my eyeshadow, but really not by very much. Does nothing to increase the lasting power, on me. Upsides: I like the consistency, it's not pasty, it spreads on kind of like an undereye concealer and sets VERY quickly. Also I like the little pot it comes in. But really nothing special for me, which is sad as I heard rave reviews for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2010 8:16:00 PM More reviews by gigiluvsme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

WOW!! I love love love this product!! Why? Well 1st of all, I get frustrated when I buy an eye shadow and FALL crazy in love with it ONLY to apply it and it looks like a different color!! Especially, the $$$ I spend on it---this actually HELPS my shadow to last longer because I do NOT have to reapply it-therefore, saving me $$$ overall!! 2ndly, I LOVE that the color is more TRUE to the color in it's container!! Woohooo.. helping to POP out the color because it's the "TRUE" color!
I LOOVE this... it's the best thing since sliced bread!!
A little on the expensive side but it's WORTH it!! You'll save $$ in the end by not having to apply your eyeshadow 3x's in 1 day!! Usually by lunchtime, my makeup needs to be refreshed---and by the time I get home--forget it!! I'm in front of the screen all day long so my eyes really take a beating, and I commute 1.5 hours every day (round trip) so my eyes take its abuse!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2010 1:29:00 AM More reviews by risingstarVI

Although it's a little more dry and not as bendable as I like, the product does provide a clean, smooth base for eyeshadow to be applied and not budge. I hope one day the company improves the formula to be slightly more creamy so I don't have to tug at my eyelids.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2010 9:30:00 PM More reviews by x0kerbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I went into MAC with plans of buying Bare Study paint pot because I wanted a nice shimmery base. However, when I told the makeup artist I wanted to look at the paint pots she pulled out painterly and said it was the best and she used it everyday. So, I thought hey I wanted that one too, so I got it. I am SO happy I did! It evens out my eyelids like nothing else!! It provides an awesome base for eyeshadows. However, I do find that with darker shadows I still get creasing, so I usually just use Too Faced Shadow Insurance first, then a thin layer of painterly (because I love how it evens out my eyelids) and then my shadows. I find applying it with fingers is the best way - but you only need a little bit and I just pat it gently onto my eyelid and it works perfect! I will never be without painterly, although I still want to get bare study for times when I want a shimmery base!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by cheersammy23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased this because I wanted to hide the veins and other discolorations on my eyelids. I like a very simple eye. I didn't really mind it's very slight shimmer. When the MUA applied this at MAC I was quite pleased. Once at home I applied with my fingers, it's consistency isn't as smooth as I hoped because it's bit dry and with a brush I had trouble too. If you don't have that problem, I have to say that this creases after an hour or too. I was told by Mac it's guaranteed to last 8 hours.

They lied.