Make Up For Ever Face & Body Liquid Make Up

4.1

Ingredients (new formula): aqua, hydrogenated polyisobutene, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, methylpropanediol, glycerin, butylene glycol, mangifera indica seed oil (mango seed butter), acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, tetrasodium EDTA, fragrance, PEG-8, phenoxyethanol, tromethamine, potassium myristate, chlorphenesin, methylparaben, propylparaben, caprylyl glycol, sodium polyacrylate, panthenol, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, citronnellol, geraniol, butylphenyl methylpropional, linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionene. May contain: CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 777493 (iron oxides), CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77499 (iron oxides). Ingredients (old formula): aqua, mineral oil, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, triethanolamine, magnesium myristate, tetrasodium EDTA, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Thus far this is my HG foundation. I've tried most MAC foundations: studio fix fluid, studio fix powder, studio tech, select tint, soomething by Fashion Fair, something by Black Opal, Maybelline's Age Rewind in Cocoa (sadly the best in terms of color match out of this bunch), and MUFE F&B is the only foundation that I've gotten compliments on my skin for. I've seriously gotten numerous compliments on how clear my skin is and people (gender mixed too! and TWO were makeup artists) asked what skin products I use.

In terms of a reference, I am a 46 Cognac. In MAC terms I am *generally* an NW50.... but I've found that most of the NWs are wayyyy too warm and red for my skin tone that I usually have to add in some NC50 to get the correct look (but not too much or I end up ashy). This is the ONLY foundation that I've found that looks natural on my skin, and by natural I mean 100% natural-BUT-BETTER, aka very clear and my pores appear to shrink. I apply this with a wide buffer brush that can be found on the Crown Brush site or n Coastal Scents site and I get excellent coverage. I add more if I am doing a night time look and less if it is a daytime look. If you find yourself going 'NW50 is way too red for my face and NC50 is to cool and ashy', MUFE F&B in 46 cognac may be for you. I admit that the main reason I adore this product is b/c the color match is perfect - I will say though that MUFE is one of the few makeup lines that is very women of color, DDD friendly.

The consistency of the actual product is bizarre, make sure you shake it before each use or else it'll look kind of like loose mayonnaise in its container. However, F&B is kind of what I expected their HD foundation t be - you *will* have flawless skin that won't have weird casts when you take pictures.

On to the cons! The pros outweigh the cons though.
Cons:
1. Price - almost $40 for a foundation? Yikes. However they do give a LOT of product and it will last forever, so maybe it is better too spend that much on one container of awesome foundation than $5-20 on a foundation that kind of sucks.
2. Lack of SPF.
3. Staying power - you HAVE to put on a finishing powder of some sort, if you are someone that likes to touch your face expect smudges all over the place. Don't bother with white colors or white turtlenecks either. This applies for most liquids foundations though.
4. Packaging - this product needs a pump!

Highly recommended!

EDIT - 4/11/2011: yes, I came back to this review a YEAR and ahalf later. Guess what? I have the same bottle! And also guess what, I wear this foundation probably 4 days a week. Whaat! Now, I have discovered I am more of an NW47, but I still reach for this. It is expensive but several other foundations Ive "tried" have come and gone in terms of product - so you do get a bang for your buck, especially if you don't overbuild the product. Also if you are a klutz like me - I have dropped this bottle about SEVEN times (thankgod with the cap on, this product has that weird consistency to this day but itd definitely spill a lot of productif you tipped it over) and not even a CRACK. The glass on this bottle is high quality if you're clumsy. I will say that I do have a few blemishes that this does *not* cover - it still builds, but I don't want to look overdone and just use concealer or let my blemishes shine. Still highly recommended. Its my HD foundation so far (I keep on trying new ones - even from the MUFE line and nothing has made me as thrilled as this). In the past year and a half I now have... maybe an inch left, and I rarely leave the house without foundation. You heard me? I rarely. leave. the. house. without. foundation. and I have mainly used this. One hard lesson I've learned - SHAKE THIS BOTTLE PRIOR *EACH* TO APPLICATION! Dont make my mistake and only shake it once a week and go "wtf?!" when you check yourself in the mirror later in the day. If you hate this foundation return it and try another shade. I will admit that I don't know what is in this product and am not sensitive to 'cones but other than that I am pretty acne prone and this has not irritated me at all

on 10/23/2009 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Oh how I wanted to love MUFE F&B! The color match was great -- F&B 34 for my East Indian/medium olive/NC40 skin. And I have sensitive skin, which was not at all irritated by F&B. As everyone has already said, the texture is a little strange but definitely no big deal. What I found more bothersome was the strong scent: reminded of a cheap soap. But still, not that big a deal.

It looked great initially. The coverage is sheer but buildable, and is best suited for those who don't need/want heavy coverage. I liked that b/c I prefer not to look like I'm wearing a foundation mask. Right after finishing my makeup my skin looked radiant and natural...so I was happy.

But in about 2 hours my foundation was already fading away. And by the end of the day? Not only was the foundation almost completely gone, but my eyeliner was also smudged, and my blush and eyeshadow disappeared. F&B simply had no staying power on my skin. I do not have especially oily or dry skin, so rarely do I look greasy (or flaky). But after a few hours I did look greasy with F&B.

I tried applying with a sponge, brush, and with my fingers, and all with the same end result. And as always, I used an oil-free moisturizer and primer. Honestly, I look better with just moisturizer, concealer, and powder, than I did with F&B at the end of the day.

So long story short: great color match and looks awesome at first. But for me, it had absolutely no staying power, and therefore definitely not worth the high price. So sad! =(

By the way, I have also used MUFE HD, and did not have this problem with staying power.

on 10/21/2009 3:30:00 PM

I was leary of the formulation as it is so watery but it goes on like a dream. The coverage can be layered but one app is usually good at evening out skin tone and hiding minor imperfections. I apply it after moisturizer with SPF. Dampen a good sponge then stipple the makeup on. This stuff is amazing.

on 10/13/2009 8:22:00 PM

I had a wierd experience w/this foundation. I really wanted to like and while I liked some things, my list of dislikes was longer. The good: since its very sheer it doesn't feel heavy on your skin. This also makes my skin feel really soft & no other foundation has ever made my skin feel so soft while I was wearing it. It seemed to do a pretty good job at keeping my T-zone from getting oily. I unfortunately need a little bit more coverage & no matter how much i layered on it still seemed like I couldn't get descent coverage (& I'm not talking about full coverage, about medium at most). I also couldn't get a good color match. I tried the first few lightest shades & either they were too light or a little too dark. The smell is not the greatest either. When my boyfriend kissed my cheek he asked what I was wearing on my face that smelled funny, not sexy at all! FInally, the real deal breaker was how shiny my face looked. My foreheaed & T-zone looked shiny even though I wasn't oily. I tried dusting some powder over my face but I still looked a bit shiny. I've heard such good things about this foundation& it felt so great on my skin that I really wanted to like it but alas, it was not meant to be. I hope others have better luck w/this.

on 10/11/2009 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been wanting to try Face and Body for awhile but had no idea what shade to get, so I stopped into Sephora and one of the girls there swatched a few on my face to find a good color. I ended up going with Ivory 20, which surprised me a little because I'm usually the lightest shade in anything.

I tried it out as soon as I got home. As everyone says, the bottle isn't the best. I found the strange giggly texture to be interesting but not bad, and I didn't notice the often mentioned smell at all. It applies easily, creating a smooth and very sheer finish. After application, I felt like maybe it was the wrong shade or I just didn't like it. I wanted something with a dewy finish and this looked a little flat. Once I did the rest of my makeup though, I liked it a lot. It made my face look like I had naturally even skin with a subtle radiance.

on 10/10/2009 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

What is so good about this foundation??? I tried 3 diff shades and settled on #32 (NC30/35). The texture is very nice and light, but it really covers nothing. I had to layer it on and layer it on to get some color/coverage. But then the weirdest thing: a couple of hours later it was like I was wearing nothing at all because the foundation had faded away in spots and left nice, blotchy areas! GAH -I felt naked (or at least partially naked, because other areas had not completely faded). If I were going for a leper look, this would be the right product to use. For something this expensive, no thanks, there's way better -even drugstore ones.

on 10/2/2009 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really love this foundation. And maybe I am weird, but I actually like the scent. As for the blob-texture, I find it fascinating, lol.

As usual, I tried applying this foundation with a) SK purple peep b) MAC 187 c) TF Retractable kabuki brush d) EDM flat top brush.

My favorite method is applying with TF Retractable. It givems me slightly more coverage, and blends everything to an airbrushed finish in a cinch.

Color match, I am a MAC NC25 with strong yellow undertone, and #32 is a great match for me. But since the foundation is so sheer, it is very forgiving. continued >>

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I have pretty clear skin, but to give my face sheer coverage and a little glow. I mix a little of this foundation with my moisturizer and a drop of bronzer. I glow all day. I love that it is larger than most foundations, one bottle will last me a year. i wish it came in a pump bottle though.

Edit: I stopped using this, the smell was just tohard to deal with.

on 9/29/2009 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I like this - I had been wanting to try this for awhile now and I decided to bite the bullet. First off, the Sephora closest to me doesn't carry MUFE (it is in a Penney's) so I had to order from the website using the color selector. It matched me with #22 Sand - for reference I have medium NW25 skin with pink undertones. The color matches very close actually. The texture weirded me out a bit - it is almost like a gloopy gel. It also has a strong scent. However I love the finish - very natural and dewy, looks like skin. I apply it with a brush and for me that comes out the best. I would buy this again but I would probably go to the store and check out the color selection in person. I got lucky!

on 9/20/2009 7:32:00 PM

Awesome foundation! I used to use Mac Face and Body, but it caused me to get little bumps/breakout on my forehead. I searched extensively for a foundation that is non comedogenic, looks like skin, isn't drying and doesn't accentuate lines and this is it! You can layer it for anything you want to cover and it's super light and feels and looks like your skin. I like to cover some of the freckles on my nose and my major dark circles and even out my skin tone. I use MUFE Lift Concealor under my eyes and I love that as well. Every other make-up including minerals looks more masky to me and most show any dryer areas.