August 1, 2014 | 1700 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2007 1:57:00 PM More reviews by krcvrly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product. Great coverage, smooth skin, easy to apply. I don't have that 'caked on' feeling like with most foundations. I cringe at the thought of putting goop liquid foundation on my face now, I'm so used to the light smooth feeling of this powder. Everyone seems to dislike the little brush, but I like it!!! I reserve my large fluffy brushes for blush, I like how the stiffer bristles let me get the coverage I want. Otherwise, when I use a big fluffy brush, the coverage isn't as good and I need to use more product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2007 11:52:00 PM More reviews by Sheyhey

Love, love, LOVE this product. I have really oily, blotchy, acne prone skin-- so forever i was using products that were hypoallergenic and oil free, and blah blah blah. I settled for almay line smoothing for a long time, im so oily that it would collect in my smile lines, around my nose, and in the middle of my forehead. Every 5 minutes i was in the bathroom rubbing it back in!! I even used oil blotting sheets, and Dr. Feelgood to fill in my pores and smile lines... Still an issue. This powder is PERFECT. I had been interested in mineral foundations for awhile, but found them too expensive. I happened across this in Target for only 9$ and figured id give it a try. HG! For as blotchy as i am i dont like to look too made up, and this was amazing. All day long, through sweat, and oil this looked flawless. No crevice collecting, no blotchiness, no breakouts. And it felt like i was wearing nothing at all. If you have difficult skin to find foundation for, give this a try--at less than 10$ its worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2007 1:28:00 PM More reviews by sally2002

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG alert! With my sensitive, acne-prone, hard-to-color-match PPP skin, I've been looking for a great foundation for years. The mineral ones always intrigued me, but I really hated the shine of BE and Philosophy (ie the bismouth oxychloride) and it always made a big mess. Well, I finally found one that DOESN'T have any shine (none of that horrible bismouth stuff) and that I can apply without a mess. I use the top of the dome packaging as a bowl to infuse the brush (not the one it came with, but I use that for touch-ups) and to tap off the excess. It works great and doesn't get all over the place! As for the formulation, this powder is by far the best I've tried. Not only no shine, but long-lasting very natural but buildable coverage. I use a concealer brush to get my "spots" that need a little extra and this makes me look perfect!

I am so happy to have found a good HG!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2007 5:52:00 PM More reviews by tg85

Great great great! This is the best powder I have ever used! I have been looking for a powder like this for so long, I have tried everything from chanel, laura mercier, shiseido, to loreal, literally everything! Finally, a powder that has great coverage, doesn't fade away or come off in a few hours. Until you take it off with a make up remover, it stays there just where you put it. If you want light coverage, you can lightly dust it or you can have maximum coverage if you layer a few times and it never shows. It doesn't even look like you are wearing makeup. I wish I have tried this before. All that money and effort and I have a cupboard of useless powders. I have stopped using everything else, no more tinted mousturizers, foundation. I just apply moisturizer and then this, and you look perfect for hours and hours. I have tried this in unbelievably hot water and I was expecting it to come down with sweat but it didn't, not at all. This is THE perfect powder. I have told my friends to use it and everyone is so in love with it. And also, my skin is prone to breakouts too and I haven't had them since I have started using this. But don't use the brush that comes in the package, I think the bristles are too harsh, use your regular bronzer powder. It looks matte, perfect and natural, I couldn't ask for more. I swear by this product, I highly recommend it to everyone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2007 9:36:00 PM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I can't say this is the best b/c it is the first Mineral makeup I've ever used. I use it in place of foundation and sometimes concealer too. My experience with the product has been alright, even good, with some not-so-sureness thrown in. I think the packaging is all right - there's a domed lid that comes off, then the stubby brush sits in a little plastic cradle which swings open exposing the powder holes. I hold open the plastic cradle and tap the powder into the domed lid and then fluff my big powder brush in, tamp off, then apply in circles - worked great. I got the Buff - a very appealing shade and it works perfectly with my skin tone - so that's great. I did notice that it didn't seem to last all day and I definitely got a shine break through. But it did look really good going on - covered well, making my skin look soft and even, but like natural skin, and with just enough dewiness - not powder dry. One time I saw myself in a mirror and the little smile lines under my eyes looked crepey like the powder was sitting in the lines - not so great. One afternoon I pulled open the cradle to capture some powder on my brush but didn't notice that the whole entire plastic unit came out and without looking I plunged my brush into the entire open jar of powder! WHAT A MESS!! It billows and gets everywhere and sticks to everything and it was pretty much impossible to control the mess (you make it worse as soon as you touch it) and it didn't clean up completely - I can still see it in my carpet. So that wasn't so good. Then I was getting tired of being greasy by the afternoons so I began doing a heavier application and began using the stubby little brush that comes with it - and actually I'm getting better results when I virtually 'cake' it on - ugh that doesn't sound very good! But I just give my face a small spritz of mineral water afterward and it sets and seems to last all day. When I 'check in' I'm pretty satisfied with the results - I still get shiny (forever I guess) but it doesn't look blotchy, tired or slick - just shiny moist and the colour stays true. I keep using it so I must like it! Oh yeah, I did get a small breakout on my chin (I virtually never do) and it happened right after I first tried it - wondered if it was this stuff. And it has happened again to varying degrees of annoyance off and on - but I don't know if it's this or a new AHA face cream. I thought this stuff wasn't supposed to clog pours? Before this I just used babypowder and it worked great and no clogged pores, no breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2007 11:52:00 PM More reviews by ZoSo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I absolutely LOVE this powder! It's perfect in every way! Coverage is light to medium. No sparkles, no chalk feel (dry skin), just right, like second skin. Smooth feel when applying. Never changes color and it lasts. So gentle you can sleep with it on! I am pale NC15, Stila 10 watts, and I use transluscent light in this. The container is okay but I will buy a BE face case. I hope they keep this forever! I will never go back to other powders, never. Holy Grail for me....

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2007 9:05:00 AM More reviews by lizzievale

I bought this in light translucent..... normally I use Pur Minerals (pressed 4 in 1, which I love) and I just thought I would try this to see if it was comparable as it is just so cheap in comparison! Its only about $25 Australian and that's GREAT for mineral makeup over here.
Well.... I am really impressed.... I have oily combo skin and really appreciate the matte look I get with it....even more matte than Pur Minerals. I detest the oily/metallic sheen of Bare Minerals on me and almost gave up on minerals as a result...came across Pur and that changed my mind...but for my skin type.. Physician's formula is fantastic! I also dont use the brush supplied but use my Pur Mineral's chisel brush and it covers everything so well. I am also impressed with the quantity of product, especially for a cheaper one! It has heaps more than Bare Minerals loose version. I will still use Pur Minerals on many occasions, specially at night....but will use this one as an everyday look and think it will be much better in hot weather for me! Worth a try...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2007 8:58:00 PM More reviews by laumar27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

The texture and color are ok, and the results do look natural. Unfortunately, even with the 'natural' ingredients, oil-free and talc-free formula, I still get breakouts every time I've used this. I wish I knew why, because it is the minimal look I was going for with foundation. My skin seems to be very sensitive when it comes to any kind of face makeup or foundation. I've tried many different formulas including liquids, tinted moisturizers, powders, and sadly, they all seem to trigger breakouts. Even one small blemish after using a new makeup is enough for me to stop using it. In my opinion, anything I put on my face should not cause any irritation or reaction whatsoever. If you have sensitive skin, particularly in regards to foundations, I would not suggest trying this. This seems like it would be great on someone with normal/less sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2007 9:02:00 PM More reviews by nanshi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am Asian with light-to-medium skin. Lighter in some lights, more medium in others. I bought this in Translucent Medium (the translucent usually catches my eye really quickly) since I wanted a 'shine control' powder because of my heavy winter moisturizer and not any real coverage/foundation. Anyways, this was my first venture into mineral makeup. I bought this about a year ago when mineral makeup first came out. Being a strong believer in putting as few chemicals on your face as possible, I ended up selecting this. This was actually pricier back when I bought it (a whole dollar or two more)... but I considered it an okay investment considering it was mineral and a lot 'safer' than the other stuff I could buy. I adore this stuff to pieces! I've gotten around to using other types of makeup and other mineral makeups, but I think this is superior because of the price, amount of product, and the easy accessibility. I just have issues with purchasing things online. I'm much more comfortable waltzing into a store and purchasing things (especially makeup where I like to be 100% sure of my shade before selecting something). I recently pulled this out for a friend's wedding, and I'm happy to say that it looked fantastic and I had a great sheer glow! I think I was paler back when I bought this powder because now when I put it on, it makes me look a little whitish, so I'm contemplating going back and buying a darker shade and leaving this as maybe a 'finishing powder' (because it is a translucent shade).. Aside from that though, it's great. [only not quite HG status because I don't wear makeup regularly enough to really count on anything to become HG status]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2007 9:21:00 PM More reviews by icarle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutly LOVE this powder. I read somewhere that loose, mineral powders are the most effective way to achieve the illusion of a perfect complexion. I agree! It gives a flawless glow, reduces the appearance of pores and minor flaws such as dark spots.
The only negative I have is the mini-brush that comes with it: it sucks! I hate it, it's rough and too small, so I use one of my brushes to apply it. But other than that, it's an excellent product.