November 27, 2014 | 1571 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2008 2:58:00 PM More reviews by cwa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have a love/hate relationship with LUSH. I love this cleaner but I hate the application and the packaging. I find I waste soo much product because I have to scoop it out with my fingers, it falls apart and winds up in the sink. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2008 9:37:00 PM More reviews by guigen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Have used this product for 8 years and still love it. It's wonderful to use in the morning before doing your makeup, a great primer. Softens and smooths and plumps my skin, leaves it glowing a radiant all day even under makeup. If i forget to use it for a couple of weeks, I notice my skin looks duller and dry.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2008 11:57:00 PM More reviews by jamie620

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I began to use this product, I loved it, it made my skin feel very soft and smooth. After using this product for about a month, my forehead and chin broke out in o bunch of nasty bumps. I stopped using AOBS about two weeks ago and the bumps are finally beginning to clear up. I was thrilled to begin with, but became disappointed with the product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2008 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Mutschi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I didn`t get this. I don`t think it did anything for my skin. It reminds me of smashing a certain kind of drug in my hands and desperately try to make a paste of it so it`s spreadable, but it just didn`t work. Smells kind of nice, but LUSH has plenty of other goodies which smell good and actually DO something...

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2008 9:32:00 PM More reviews by katmendez

Angels on Bare Skin has all-natural ingredients with soft, yet powerful exfoliants. My skin feels clean and balanced - not oily or tight. It helps with my occasional acne breakouts, which I get far less frequently with this product. Unlike detergent-based cleansers, this is quite natural so it lathers only a bit. All this means is that you need to wash it clean away and leave no residue.

The downside is that it can be slightly messy and like many Lush products, there's an expiration date. I prefer this because it means there are no preservatives.

I strongly recommend using this in the shower, not sink. Also, paired with Lush Gorgeous moisturizer it balanced and softened my skin.

However, I stopped using any products with parabens, which includes a lot of Lush products :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2008 9:30:00 AM More reviews by SuzanneDee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Angels and St Ives Apricot Scrub are two products that have changed my life!
Don't let the gooey, wet cement texture of Angels bother you and remember that the pea-sized single-use portion of Angels needs just a few drops of water to form a paste. I like to leave mine on for two minutes after the two minutes of massage; I end up feeling cleaner.
My only problem: The paste thingie gets into my nose and I have to fake-sneeze to clean my nostrils after I've rinsed!
Still, it's cleared up my spotty forehead and I have fewer nasty surprises when it's that time of the month. That alone is worth the product's looks and price.
I do wish they'd let me take my empty jar to the Lush store for a refill. You'd think that after all their noises about being friends of the environment, they'd have at least thought up a system for loyalists to reuse their tubs!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 8:18:00 AM More reviews by angieangie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this stuff. I have acne prone skin, but this evens out the dry and oily parts of my skin. My skin feels so clean after using it. I like the smell too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2008 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It's been years since I've had a chance to be in a LUSH store (they are hours away in other cities from where I live) though I've always enjoyed using their products. For years I made my own cosmetics and had the best skin I've ever had.

Recently I was at a LUSH store and decided to buy two items that I used to like: Angels and Bareskin and Imperialis.

My skin has changed, matured, since I used LUSH before and recently I've been just kind of blaa on my skin care routine. Most recently I've used Alpha Hydrox wash, alternating with Vichy Olego 25 (both very nice products), and had just used up my routine of Neostrata for day and night care. For the summer I've been using Lise Watier matte spf 20 daytime lotion and it's been the bomb - but when winter came again this year I found my skin going blotchy and too oily during the day, and reoccuring dry patches that no amount of exfoliating seemed to reduce. Ugh! My beautiful Lise Watier makeup, which normally rocks for me, began looking dry and rough and just a big letdown all of sudden.

I began using the AOBS as soon as I bought it, so I've used it about 8 times now and boy! What a difference! My skin is so soft and smooth, with zero blotches or rough patches - it looks radiant and moist with no oily zones. And you know when your skin's canvass is like that, your makeup goes on smooth, you can use less and it can look amazing - and it does again!

I paid just over $9 for the pre-portioned tub they had and if it lasts me three months that is a bargain. With results like this, it's even more of a bargain - it's a HG product!

I use a little spatula to take out a small amount of AoBS which keeps things sanitary - I use just a bit larger than a pea size. I reseal the tub right away and just have the bit of cleasner ready for me when I want to use it, but first I start with Vichy eye-make up remover to remove my eye makeup (if it's at night). Then I splash my face with warm water, leaving my face and hands wet - then I pick up my little pod of AoBS and mash it into my wet palm until it is spreadable, then I wash my face in circular motions for a minute or so. I use a warm face cloth to remove the cleanser, then rinse well with warm water and my face is perfectly clean, smooth and radiant - I can't stop touching it!

I follow up with the Imperialis (going to do a review for that too) and I'm set for the day (I've been using the new Wise Women night cream from Body Shop for the evening and it's fabulous - another review on that to do! And I use the Wise Woman eye cream too and I totally love that too.)

So now I'm back being a LUSH gal - and of course, I can buy whatever I want online so no need to visit the stores.

I now totally look forward to washing my face - I love the smell, the natural ingredients and the results - it's a whole organic experience.

Colour me HAPPY!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2008 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Zhariel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have super sensitive skin. I tried this product after a friend recommended it for a break out. It seems to cleanse, tone and calm my skin. Since I've been using it for a year now, my skin is pretty flawless. Because it's a fresh product, I just buy about $13 worth of cleanser and it lasts me about 3 months (Which is the shelf life of the product). I normally use it twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening. I don't feel that the price is high at all when I consider that it's about $4.33 a month. While I hate the smell of lavender (which is what this product smells like), I've gotten used to it with AOBB. And because of the wonderful results with my skin, this is my holy grail cleanser. It's a bit tricky to use at first. You need to wet your face and take a pea sized amount, and then get that wet and rub it between your hands and then rub it on your face.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2008 2:14:00 PM More reviews by kablooie38

I like Lush because there's so much to chose from and the whole natural/organic company philosophy is great.

I was looking to try something new for fun and the SA suggested Angels on Bare Skin. I like that you can buy as much or little as you like and they'll put it in a plastic container with a label that looks like it came from a deli.

The mixture was kind of annoying trying to get it into a paste and it broke me out. It smells pleasant but left a thin residue.

I took it back to the store and the cashier said that AOBS is really more for normal skin. I have combination/oily/sometimes sensitive so not sure why they recommended it in the first place.