September 18, 2014 | 1606 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2008 12:59:00 PM More reviews by redqueen11

I use this as an exfoliator several times a week, not as a cleanser. Most products adverstised as "scrubs" are just way too harsh; this is gentle and still effective.
I mix this with a pump of gel-type cleanser (P. Choice) and a little water; this creates the ideal consistency. It is a little too dry/crumbly when mixed with just water; the gel cleanser gives it a nice paste-like texture that is easy to work with.
I use this in the shower, as it can be messy (like any scrub).

It's not a miracle product, but it lovely to use (I like the smell and texture), and it exfoliates skin gently without irritation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2008 1:55:00 PM More reviews by HollyMarie

I just didnt care for this-Im not exactly won over by LUSH products anyway-expensive and just advertise "natural ingredients" thrown together and nothing has been really amazing-I purchased this, Not crazy about the packaging its like clay stuffed in a plastic bin-and the texture is okay-but using it can get messy and I dont think this is a cleanser but more of an "after cleansing exfoliator"
I dont know-you can try and many people love it but I just did not notice one thing to make me want to try this again. I had better results using sugar as an exfoliator!
No more Lush products for me!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2008 2:20:00 AM More reviews by Tramrak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

a cleanser?! i don't think so. for me, using AOBS doesn't really remove anything makeup-wise, and all i am attempting to remove is non-waterproof mascara and some concealer. i can't imagine how anyone could actually use this as a cleanser, because although it gently exfoliates, it certainly doesn't 'cleanse' anything. so although i would *never* use this in hopes of it removing makeup, oil, or just the regular accumulation of a day's grime, i do like it for gentle exfoliation and a kind of skin massage. the way i've been using it is by first washing with Coal Face (which i LOOOOOVE, and which removes makeup and grime without even slightly drying out my normal/very slightly combo skin), rinsing that off, and then kind of massaging this into my skin before rinsing again. my second pet peeve with this product (first being that it's NOT a cleanser imo) is how difficult it is to use. taking the recommended 'pea sized amount' in my palm and wetting it slightly to mix it up did absolutely nothing, and i found for it to work at all i need more like 3 pea sized amounts. you put this in your palm, add a tiny bit of water and then rub, and it turns from a paste into a milky, watery puddle with what looks like chunky oatmeal in the center. it never becomes the kind of 'paste' that you could actually easily and evenly apply to your skin and then rub in. so what you're doing is rubbing your skin with crumbly beige specks and milky water. ok, whatever, it's a nice gentle way of exfoliating for the cooler months when harsh scrubs irritate dry skin. but what i can NOT understand is how anyone who is acne-prone could ever use this! when you rinse it leaves a very noticeable film of oil on your skin that doesn't wash off, and while i myself am not acne-prone and this so far hasn't done anything negative to my skin, it still doesn't feel clean when i'm done rinsing. after drying, your face does feel nice and soft and smooth, probably from the exfoliation and the natural oils your skin is wearing, and while this is ok for people who aren't acne/clog/breakout prone, i can't imagine it working for anyone who is. for me, i got this as a sample and even after all the negatives i've stated, i do kinda like it, but it's nothing i would splurge on or couldn't live without. i'll use up my sample, and wouldn't mind eventually coming across another sample, but won't purchase. continued >>

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2008 2:55:00 PM More reviews by nunzi182

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was a little disappointed with this. I find this much harder to make into a paste than Herbalism. I much prefer herbalism over this because of that fact. I find this to be crumbly and kind of stiff. It's hard to explain. I also feel like I have a coating of grease on my face after I use it. It hasn't made me break out or anything but it's not easy to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2008 2:07:00 PM More reviews by ALF1969

AOBS is a great product - I use this in the morning, not to remove makeup (ultrabland and a wet flannel is best for this), but to cleanse and gently exfoliate. I have learnt over the years what products 'manage' my skin as I don't fancy the drugs and ointments my doctors prescribed. The secret for me is 'natural' products and mineral makeup (has anti inflammatory properties so I don't need to take antibiotics!). Skin (like hair) needs a break. By using different products every few months rather than sticking to the same one I avoid the sensitization describe by my co-MUA-ers. If you like this, try Burt Bees and Dr. Hauschka cleanser and rotate them.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2008 7:27:00 PM More reviews by spamdy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Although I gave this Lush AOBS a very average rating, it's not a bad product just not the product for me.

It is defintley a nice product to try, just not my HG. Like some other MUA Users I mixed this with my cleanser (Paula's Choice) as I found it easier to form it in a paste then mixing with water. This is actually the type of cleanser I like, its creamy and natural leaves the skin soft, but honestly I can't be bothered going back to buy this all the time, or having to turn it into a paste, and me being so unco I end up dropping large chunks down the drain. I would recommend everyone to try this cleanser once, its only slightly grainy not harsh at all, so I think even sensitive skinned people could use it. Although I won't repurchase I do not regret trying this cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2008 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Legs11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was given this as a free sample and its amazing. My skin isnt particularly sensitive but there is always a couple of blemishes and after using this for a week, my skin is completely blemish free and so smooth and clear i no longer need foundation!
It is great value for money as you only need a tiny amount.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2008 11:44:00 PM More reviews by chocolateapple

I am a fan of natural and organic products, and I first tried this when I was given a sample. I have super sensitive skin, and Angels on Bare Skin was gentle and didn't irritate my skin. I used it as an exfoliator, but if you don't have sensitive skin, I don't think it would work as well. It reduced my pimples and blackheads, and I noticed that when I stopped using this product, I'd have a breakout. It also left my skin feeling soft and smooth, but note that it does not remove makeup. It smells like lavender, not smoky like another reviewer said. The packaging does leave a lot to be desired as I always get water in and it spoils the product a bit so i end up with a too runny consistency. It does last a long time, but as it's a bit pricey I have switched.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2008 11:25:00 PM More reviews by joymeetsworld

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this. It's definitely my "holy grail" of face wash. I couldn't stand the smell at first, but I've gotten used to it. It makes my face feel cleaner than any other face wash I've used in the past. I'd be so sad if they ever discontinued this!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2008 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Samaraeve

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is simply the best cleanser I've ever used. I love it!