July 29, 2014 | 1913 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2008 6:31:00 PM More reviews by JenJenofAz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Okay, my review is based on using the white bar. It's very moisturizing. Maybe that's why it disappears...............? And the smell is a bit potent. I can barely shave my armpits without tears streaming down my face! It is a good bar though! I have extremely itchy and dry skin and this has helped when so many others hadn't. My husband got it for me and it was supposed to be the unscented. I'll have to go next time and get that one. I hear good things about that one, too. Good soaps. Better than alot of the others! And I've tried many.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2008 10:39:00 PM More reviews by ShellyMtz

Soft, soft, soft! Don't we all want to have moisturized skin? Lovely scent and great lather. Definitely buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2008 5:10:00 PM More reviews by macangel39

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A HG product for me. I use this on both face and body and love it. I can also use it on my kids without worry.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2008 8:42:00 AM More reviews by espressoqn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used Dove for over 20 years and although I try other face cleansers, I always come back. It's gentle and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. My grandma has used it practically all her life and her skin is beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2008 2:47:00 PM More reviews by whimzer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this! My skin feels so soft, smooth, and moisturized after I use it. I definitely notice my skin's natural glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2008 5:06:00 PM More reviews by mizplacedcitygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this since I was a kid...but only just started using it as a face wash. I use an oil cleanser in the morning to rid myself of excess oil and take off the oil of olay beauty fluid and pond's cream i use. (i don't wear foundation so I don't really need it at night) This is the perfect afterwash for the oil cleanser. It rinses nicely and cleans without stinging. It doesn't dry my skin out too much which is nice too! It really is a classic bar. The only problem is that it's IMPOSSIBLE to travel with!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2008 11:54:00 PM More reviews by jamiemp

I've started using more serious skincare in the last few months (turning 30 in July, and trying some preventative measures), and decided that I should use a very basic and gentle cleanser under all those creams, lotions, serums, etc. This does the trick. I always remove makeup at night with an oil cleanser, then follow with this. In the morning, I use it, and then my moisturizer/SPF, and have no trouble with dryness. I adore the smell and how it lingers (clean and fresh), though there is a sensitive verison for those who can't tolerate fragrance. My only gripe is that it's a bar...What a hassle to keep at the sink (messy, etc), but that wouldn't stop me from buying this again and again. I also love that it can work double-duty as a body wash, as well. Perfection.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2008 10:36:00 PM More reviews by bruinsbaby119

Who doesn't love the beauty bar? Even my dad's obsessed with it so it's always in the house. I lovelove how it doesn't STRIP moisture from the skin like a lot of soap bars do...if anything it adds moisture back and I can't get enough of that cause my skin is alligator-esque. I've read some good reviews when it comes to washing your face with this stuff....I might give it a shot since I'm on a 3-step acne routine (very similiar to ProActiv) and I think my skin's just getting immune to that crap...I'm scared that my skin will freaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakk out though since it's gotten hooked to all those chemicals BUT ANYWAY, back to the beauty bar---it's love. I'll update if and when I use it on my (annoyingly problematic) skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2008 12:33:00 PM More reviews by eiviz

I always wash my face with this soap. It helps to moisture my face better than any other that kind of soap.
The bad side is that tends to run off quite quickly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2008 3:52:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

I've been using this for the last two weeks and I've noticed significant changes in my skin. My doctor recommended I go back to the basics after having a break-out phase recently. Nothing was helping and she said that all I should use is Dove to wash my face with. At first, I was shocked to hear that as I never thought I'd be using a soap to wash my face but I figured "my skin is already in bad condition and using it won't make it any worse...so why not?" This is my regime now...at night (due to makeup) I use the Cleanance Soapless Gel Cleanser first (to remove makeup), then I use Dove. In the morning, I only use Dove to wash my face. I would suggest anyone with problematic skin to use this. My skin had also become extremely sensitive (to a point where it was hurting when touched) and dry due to Differin that I was using (now stopped due to the negative reaction) and Dove has helped calm my skin and bring it back to normal again. Will repurchase as it's affordable, cleanses thoroughly yet moisturizing, and smells wonderful!! Total HG cleanser as I just confirmed from Unilever that they do NOT test on animals!! Yay!!