September 20, 2014 | 1050 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by tarsmom

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a little thick but I like the coverage. I made the mistake of buying Medium Beige first and it was way too dark. The problem with drugstore makeup is you have to guess which shade is best. You need to pick a lot lighter than you think. I bought it again in Sand Beige and this was much better (I'll be able to use the Medium one in summer). Overall, it is a nice foundation but more of a thicker feel. It does blend out nicely, though.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by nativetrees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was okay, but I won't be using it anymore. First off, I'd say it's only medium coverage--full if you layer. Second, it is NOT a matte finish. More like a satin one.

The reason why I won't use it anymore is it accentuates my dryness. It also felt thick and mask-like. I think Revlon foundations are extremely overrated.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by gloss4me

I have this foundation in the color 250 medium beige. The coverage is medium to full on my combination skin, and I use a very small amount. Overall its not a bad foundation but I was surprised how oily it becomes on my nose/chin area during the day. I've used it with primer and without, either way it does settle in fine lines right after application so extra blending til it sets and powdering is a must for me. Original colorstay in oily/combo is a better fit.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2013 11:04:00 AM More reviews by CosmeticKitten2011

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't like this foundation. I can't find a good match to my skin tone. But worst of all it is oily and looks mask like and shows my cheek pores where my Wet n Wild TM does not. In short, this foundation AGES me. I should have known better. I tried Revlon's traditional Colorstay foundation and that didn't work for me either. (I am currently using Neutrogena Healthy Skin and will keep this one.)

As for the Colorstay line their eyeliner twist-up pencil is a grail product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by sadorange

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I say I'm around an NC17 with neutral-yellow undertones and Buff matches me very well. Revlon says it is cool-toned, but it definitely has yellow in it, perhaps not enough for those who have definite yellow undertones though. Other people who have reviewed this foundation also found Buff matched NC15.

I don't recall how much I purchased this for, but I know it was around $15/16 at Shoppers Drug Mart. Luckily there were testers at my local Shoppers, so I was able to colour match myself.

I find I have the best finish with fingers. Through this method, I get light-medium (leaning on the medium side) with a satin finish. It is quite annoying how you have to dip your fingers into the jar, but there is really no better option IMO. I imagine an airless pump would work second-best, but it would take a lot of pressure to squeeze the product because this formulation is just soo THICK. It does truly feel like a thickened Cool Whip. I would make the suggestion for Revlon to include a spatula with this product. Like others have stated, it takes a little bit longer to sit than other foundations these days but I just do my eyebrows, blush and concealer before I set it.

I have combination skin and I found that for a formulation that had such great staying power, it did not emphasize my dry flakes at all. I would say this lasts 8 hours on me (without primer) before my oil starts breaking through. However, it is not horrible and it is not necessary to blot until I wear it a bit longer. This is super impressive!! A+ in my book.

If you have combination to oily skin that wants a foundation that doesn't make you look super made up with medium-ish coverage, this is for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by loula624

I really like this! I was kind of skeptical because I am not a fan of mousse products and read some reviews that compared the two, but it ended up being a great purchase. It has a consistency somewhere between a mousse and liquid. It is very silicone-y on the skin but doesn't highlight my dry spots like some others have said. It really lasts a long time, I wear it sometimes while exercising in the middle of the day (i know i shouldnt do that but sometimes i dont have time to take it off!!) and it always lasts. It keeps my face free from oil but isn't necessarily a matte finish. It looks very natural after a bit of wear. overall i would recommend it to anyone, maybe stay away if youve had issues with silicone-y foundations.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by aliengirrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

Alright so... I do like this foundation but it does have its flaws. Its build able to full coverage which I loove. When I first got it it i was not impressed with the "look" of it but it drys to a semi matte finish, looks nice (not close up!!) if you do look at it close up it does get a tad bit flaky (on my skin) but does look nice not really close up. It doesn't apply good with a brush or sponge so I use my fingers. Will keep using this untill it's finished but won't buy again.

UPDATE: Noticed after about 6 hours on it does sink into pores even with primer and looks flakey.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 5:27:00 PM More reviews by madeupmary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I LOVE this foundation. I'm generally a big fan of Revlon foundations but don't like the texture of the original Colorstay because it feels too thick and heavy on my skin, but I love this. Unfortunately you can't buy it in drugstores in the UK so I have to ship it from the US, which would usually put me off, but because I love this so much, it doesn't deter me from doing so. It gives me a fuller coverage than most liquid foundations but manages to not look cakey and gives a flawless, satin finish - I barely need to use under eye concealer with this, which is a miracle because I have terrible under eye circles. I use the colour Ivory and even though it is slightly pink, it's a great match for me - I find it very difficult to get foundation, either drugstore or high end that match my skin tone. It honestly feels much more expensive than it really is and I always get complimented on my skin when I wear it. I just wish they brought it out in the UK and Ireland!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by farrahpotter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation does what it says on the tin. It stays, ALL day. I would say it lasts better than Mac Prolong Wear, and I am of an oily skin type. There are a few downsides to this product.
Firstly, the shade I used "Warm Golden" did not have enough yellow/golden undertones for my nc30-35 skintone. This meant that there was a unflattering grey cast on my skin.
Secondly, the packaging is horrendous. Unhygienic and impractical to carry around.
And finally, it CAN go on cakey and mask like if applied incorrectly.
However, don't let this put you off buying the foundation. All in all, if you can find your perfect shade, then this foundation is definately worth purcashing. You can get a flawless, poreless, lovely finish on the skin that will LAST!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2013 1:22:00 PM More reviews by indianagirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Really great foundation. I turned from higher end foundations to this one, it works so well. Tried it based on MUA recommendations, and glad that I did. The texture is strange at first, and does appear greyish when applied, but quickly sets to a perfect, satiny finish that doesn't cake in pores or wrinkles. I start with Tarte BB cream (mostly for the SPF), then apply a SMALL amount with my fingers and then buff in with my Good Karma brush. I go back over my nose, which tends to be red, and I'm done. It does take a minute to set, but once it does it looks good for hours and hours. Like, looks better every time I pass a mirror for 18 hours. In fact, when I was in Sephora last weekend the sales girl complimented me on my makeup and was in shock when I told her what it was. The jar is bulky and I prefer pumps, but for the reasonable cost and how great it is I'll dip a q-tip in and get it out. Will definitely repurchase. EDIT 2/22/13: still love this, but unfortunately this doesn't love me. Something in this seems to break me out every time I wear it. For now I only wear it for big events when I want to look flawless :((