Revlon ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 3/25/2013 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought this in 150 buff with the combination/oily formula. (I am NC15/20) This is one of the only foundations I've tried that doesn't make me look shiny as the day goes on!

I love using this with a brush or a beauty blender.

The packaging is not the greatest as it is in a jar so it could get unsanitary. I always make sure to wash my hands before I dip into the jar. It is also difficult to determine what shade you're in because the jar is made out of such thick glass that it is hard to compare it against your skintone!

I got lucky when I purchased mine but I definitely recommend doing your research before buying it. Some of even the darker colors look pretty pale through the thick glass.

Overall, I'd definitely recommend this product and I would definitely repurchase it!

on 3/25/2013 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have combination skin with occasional dry patches on my chin and around my mouth due to Retin-A use. I like both of the Colorstay liquid formulas. My friend uses the Whipped, loves it, and it looks amazing on her. I bought it hoping that it would work as well for me as it does for her. It didn't.
I am NC-30 and bought Medium Beige, which was a good color match. I found it difficult to apply with my foundation brush. It applied thick, and it began to dry before I was able to spread it onto my skin and blend it. I tried my Beautyblender, and application was slightly better. I used my fingers and had troubles spreading and blending.
I am 35 and have very fine lines beneath my eyes and little to no wrinkling of my skin. My main problem with this foundation wasn't the blending issues, but the fact that it made me look ten years older. It seemed to settle in every fine line and emphasize every pore. I noticed "cracking" on my smile lines and had to keep blending/smoothing the crack with my finger throughout the day. I have never had issues like this with any other foundation I have used.
Also, any dryness was emphasized.
As for the packaging, right when I realized it really wasn't working and decided to toss it, I dropped it on the bathroom floor. It is a heavy glass jar, and the jar shattered. Basically the heavy bottom broke off (luckily the foundation didn't spill everywhere) into a few large pieces and several sharp shards.
I would not re-purchase this foundation. It just couldn't get it to work for me.

on 3/24/2013 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I bought this in the shade warm golden, i have yellow undertones and this shade works well.

I was going to give a negative review based on not being able to apply the foundation well. The product blends better when warm. Use after a shower or use a blow dryer to warm up the product. I use a traditional foundation blush to apply, then use fingers to blend out areas that need blending out. I find this foundation looks better a few hours after application.

on 3/23/2013 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I bought this on a whim and at the time, I didn't hear a peep about this foundation. I am glad I made my own conclusions about it. First, I am an NC 20 and 150 buff was too light and gave my skin a grey hue, so I went to the 200 level. Very strange as I am always in the 100 levels, but it is a good match. The texture as it suggests is whipped and is smooth like butter. This makes my skin look flawless and as the day passes, it actually looks better. I have normal skin during the winter and combo-oily in the summer. I find my skin does not become a slick.
The coverage is medium and the finish is a slight satin.
My issue is that the cover's threads have broken and I cannot close it properly. Other than that, lovely foundation.

on 3/23/2013 1:19:00 AM

I saw this when it first came out and needed to buy new foundation so I bought this one. I usually wear just the regular colorstay liquid foundation. The coverage is equally the same but this one has way better packaging. Much less messy, you can just dip into the pot rather than having to pour out the liquid out of the bottle. The product feels nice too.

This was my go to for a few months but now I am moving on to bigger and better things. The formula is nice, it's light feeling but applies with excellent coverage (only when I use my fingers). It didn't dry me out at all and it wore through a night of dancing and drinking.

I enjoyed this foundation but I don't personally prefer liquid makeup. I hate that it feels heavier on the skin then say powder or minerals (which I got used to with BE for a long time).

Great product but the above is my personal opinion.

NC10, brown auburnish hair, gray eyes, oval face.

on 3/20/2013 7:29:00 PM

I've tried many foundations and whip CS is by far the best I have tried. I have acne scars (pits not red marks) and this foundation is the only one that I have found that doesn't seap into the pits or make them more noticable. I use a Beauty Blender to apply this foundation and the finish is flawless. I do use a primer underneath (typically Rimmell Fix and Perfect 002 - it smooths my acne scars best of any primer). The whip CS foundation is buildable and looks best if you apply several thin layers on top of each other to build to full coverage. Although I'm older, I do set the foundation with powder (typically an HD powder which blurs the scarring too) and it lasts forever! My foundation doesn't transfer, wear off, or fade throughout an entire workday and evening. I agree with another reviewer that said the foundation tends to look better throughout the day. For some reason, the longer I wear it, the better it looks. Unless I absolutely have no other choice, I will never wear another foundation. It's amazing! Even when compared to much higher priced foundations or even getting my makeup professionally done, I have never experienced the flawless coverage that this foundation provides. I don't know if the awesome coverage is created by the texture, thickness, color, but whatever causes it is an absolute miracle! I definately recommend using the original Beauty Blender to apply the foundation. The coverage didn't seem as flawless the times I've used a brush, my fingers, or a different type of sponge. Also, other people have complained about the packaging, but I really like the jar. I'm able to tap my finger to get the exact amount I need and I can get every bit out of the jar unlike bottles or tubes that always have a little bit of product that can't be reached before it's trashed. Go buy this foundation! You won't regret it!

on 3/19/2013 7:23:00 PM

After much debating on which foundation to try, I decided on Revlon Whipped Colorstay. I love the flawless, smooth, natural looking medium to buildable coverage. It lasts a while, but not long enough, even with a primer. Some days the staying power is better than others. The packaging is annoying and unhygienic. Once I had it open on my counter and accidentally got it on my shirt while bending over it, and it was difficult to remove the product from the fabric. The price is a bit high as well.

on 3/16/2013 3:52:00 PM

no matter how i apply this, it makes my dry skin look a little dryer. also it bunches up when applied to eyelids -- in patches. pass.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I just tried this foundation for the first time yesterday, so I am writing this as more of a first impression than a review. From the reviews I saw, I was almost positive I would love this foundation. I've heard most people say it works best when applied with your fingers because it takes a little extra work to blend, But I applied it with a flat top kabuki because that's what I normally do & I really loved the finish! The coverage is medium but buildable to full, which is what I look for in a foundation. I like very full coverage. It's not exactly matte but definitely not dewy.. Somewhere in between but more on the Matte side. It did take an extra couple seconds to fully blend it but not very long at all & the final result was well worth the extra blending. I haven't seen my face look that good in such a long time. I thought it looked so nice that I actually left the house with no other makeup on my face or eyes, besides some concealer under my eyes & on a blemish. I was crying a lot yesterday though & I'm not sure how it held up or how long it lasted through that because the last thing on my mind was looking in the mirror to check my face. But I am going to apply this a lot or different ways & see which way works best. After a couple weeks of using this product I will come back with a full review, but as far as first impressions go, I thought it did an amazing job.

Popular Crème Foundations