August 28, 2014 | 1060 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by farrahpotter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation does what it says on the tin. It stays, ALL day. I would say it lasts better than Mac Prolong Wear, and I am of an oily skin type. There are a few downsides to this product.
Firstly, the shade I used "Warm Golden" did not have enough yellow/golden undertones for my nc30-35 skintone. This meant that there was a unflattering grey cast on my skin.
Secondly, the packaging is horrendous. Unhygienic and impractical to carry around.
And finally, it CAN go on cakey and mask like if applied incorrectly.
However, don't let this put you off buying the foundation. All in all, if you can find your perfect shade, then this foundation is definately worth purcashing. You can get a flawless, poreless, lovely finish on the skin that will LAST!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2013 1:22:00 PM More reviews by indianagirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Really great foundation. I turned from higher end foundations to this one, it works so well. Tried it based on MUA recommendations, and glad that I did. The texture is strange at first, and does appear greyish when applied, but quickly sets to a perfect, satiny finish that doesn't cake in pores or wrinkles. I start with Tarte BB cream (mostly for the SPF), then apply a SMALL amount with my fingers and then buff in with my Good Karma brush. I go back over my nose, which tends to be red, and I'm done. It does take a minute to set, but once it does it looks good for hours and hours. Like, looks better every time I pass a mirror for 18 hours. In fact, when I was in Sephora last weekend the sales girl complimented me on my makeup and was in shock when I told her what it was. The jar is bulky and I prefer pumps, but for the reasonable cost and how great it is I'll dip a q-tip in and get it out. Will definitely repurchase. EDIT 2/22/13: still love this, but unfortunately this doesn't love me. Something in this seems to break me out every time I wear it. For now I only wear it for big events when I want to look flawless :((

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 3:11:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this foundation for the past week or so and I'm pleased with it. I was intrigued by all the raves when this first came out, but I'm cheap, so I waited until CVS had their annual clearance sale and picked this up for three dollars and some change.
One thing that caused me a lot of trouble was finding a shade match. In the Colorstay liquid (oily/combination) I wear Rich Ginger, with a little Caramel mixed in during the summer. However, in the Whipped formula, Rich Ginger was way too light and made my face look ashy. I can get away with Caramel, even though it's a teeny bit too dark. My perfect color match would probably be between Rich Ginger and Caramel.
There is a slight smell to this foundation, but not as strong as the liquid Colorstay. It dissipates after application.
Putting on this foundation is fun. I swipe a just-washed finger across the surface and dot o the back of my hands, then use my fingers to glide the foundation onto my face. After a first light coat, I go back and pat a little extra in trouble spots. This foundation takes a few minutes to set, and when it does, it leaves a satin finish. It's almost like my skin, but with less flaws. I dust translucent powder over it because my skin gets oily during the day.
I notice that I have to use blotting tissues after a few hours with this foundation, compared to the liquid Colorstay that wears like iron. However, I haven't noticed any transfer issues. It hasn't broken me out, either.
This will not be my go-to for those occasions when I need my face to be 'done' and stay until I wash my face. I have the liquid Colorstay for that. This, however, will serve well as an everyday foundation. I don't regret trying this, and I will use it up. However, though I said I would buy the product again, I'm actually not sure yet.
I recommend this foundation to you if you like interesting textures or applying foundation with your fingers. You may have to try more than one shade, so get one from Rite Aid, CVS, or Walgreens so you can return it if it doesn't work out.

Edit 3/16/14: I'm changing my answer to no and knocking off a lippie because the more I wore this, the worse the color match looked. I literally looked like I put blush all over my face! Had to move on from this

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Selenaamber98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product applies well. It works well with my oily skin( didn't have to touch up more than once or twice in a run of a day). The downsides; breaks me out, feels extremely heavy, and it kindly expensive. One application and I'm pretty much fully covered( MAYBE a little concealer). If it didn't make me break out and didn't feel extremely heavy on my skin then I'd defiantly use it on a daily basis.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by edgexofxdesire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I loved the original Colorstay Liquid for Combination/Oily skin, but I could never find a shade that matched me and grew tired of mixing two shades on a daily basis, so when this product came out I was hesitant to pick it up. Thankfully I gave it a shot anyway because I really do like it. I have the shade 200 Sand Beige, which is admittedly still a little too pale for me, but it works. The consistency is interesting. It's very thick and creamy, almost like the texture of pudding, but it doesn't feel that heavy on my skin. I apply this with a damp beauty blender sponge and definitely get that ever elusive airbrushed effect, but at the same time it still looks like my skin. I have noticed that I have to smooth it out a number of times while it sets or it settles into the fine lines underneath my eyes. But it does set well (not as well as the CS Liquid, but well enough) and I almost don't need a powder. Or at least I wouldn't need a powder if I didn't have oily skin. When I use this in conjunction with a primer and my Maybelline Dream Matte powder it is lovely, but when used alone I don't get more than a few hours of wear before it starts to separate and slide around. I honestly do like it for a number of reasons. The finish is gorgeous, the color matches fairly well, it doesn't feel heavy or look unnatural on my skin...but there are some downsides. It's not a "slap and go" foundation for me, and sometimes I feel like the extra work just isn't worth it. The packaging is bulky and heavy and I cannot imagine that it would travel well at all. And there is such a small amount of product in the jar that the $14 price tag seems a little out of control. So while I did like this foundation, I'm still uncertain as to whether I would purchase it again and whether I give it my recommendation. If you can get it on sale (I only paid $3 for mine at Rite Aid) then it is absolutely a product to pick up and try out for yourself. But at the retail price of $14 I genuinely don't know if it's worth it...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by ljanelle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very smooth and creamy, but did not hold up on my oily skin at all. Looked spotty and just bad by the end of the work day. I swapped mine away. Also did not find a good color match.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The original Revlon Colourstay is my holy grail foundation so I thought I would give this a shot. Its pretty much the same for me...just a different consistency. The coverage is medium to full and it is extremely buildable without being cakey. It blends out very nicely with fingers but I usually use a flat top kabuki brush for an air brushed finish and set it with a loose translucent powder. This lasts all day and its still on my face when I wipe it off at night (including the days I go for a run!). My skin is very oily especially in my t zone and like the original version of this foundation, it keeps me matte all day long. This also didn't break me out which is very common for me.

I do have a few cons of this product that have made me give it 4 out of 5. The glass jar is so heavy and bulky. Its fine if you don't travel much but this can take up a lot of room and weight in your bag and I'd much rather carry the original. Its also a little deceiving - the magnification of jar makes it look like its full. I also find I use a lot more product with the whipped, and the jar don't last me nearly as long as the bottle. I'm guessing the liquid blends out better and I don't need as much product. The jar seems a bit unsanitary to me - I do clean my brushes quite often and close the jar when its not in use but it seems like a great open place for germs to hang out. For some reason I find this transfers really easily I notice a lot more product on my collar, tissue when I blow my nose, and on my iPhone screen. My original colourstay transfers but not as much as this one.

I chose no to repurchase because its basically the exact same as the original for me and I'd much rather have the bottle for travel and the bottle lasts me a longer time. Its a great product and if you like the original I recommend you giving this a shot. I will use this up but I plan to stick with my holy grail for now!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Khause

LOVE LOVE LOVE I used to use the Mac studio fix foundation and this blows it out of the water. This has become my holy grail foundation!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by vgirlygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

UGH, I really wanted to like this product. I love the container-I actually think it's quite expensive looking with the glass, and twist off black top. I also love the consistency because it feels very cooling and mousse-like, and it felt good going on my skin. I used my flat top kabuki and it blended like a dream. BUT I HATED THE COLOR. I LOVE the original Revlon Colorstay and have bought it time and time again. I'm currently NC30-35 and bought Warm Golden after reading so many MUAers thought that shade was a match. The Whipped Creme makeup did not match at all, because it was just too pink/neutral and looked gray. I don't have that problem at all with the original colorstay and now I feel really bad that I spent $12 on a foundation I will never use.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Deodand

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Foundation in a jar is a terrible idea. By the time you hit pan on this big old glass thing, it would be fully rotten.

As far as the product goes...it never set on my face, no matter how thoroughly I powdered it. By mid-day it would be found sleeping happily by the sides of my nose...an entire face-full of foundation. I could push it back into place and have it wander back by tea-time.