November 29, 2014 | 1187 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by qcardsforclass

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I LOVE this chapstick! I picked this up right before my ski trip in Colorado (the mountain air is so dry) and it worked so well. The minute I put it on my lips I felt how moisturizing the balm was and I didn't feel like I had to reapply all the time. It also has SPF 20 which is so important to make sure lips don't get burnt! I have the quenched baby lips (it's the clear one) and I think it smells amazing; however, my sister said it just smells like sunscreen (which I disagree with...)
Definitely try this out if you have super chapped lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 9:35:00 AM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love these balms! So far I have nine of them: peach kiss, yummy plummy, cherry me, quenched, grape vine, pink punch, peppermint, melon mania and pink wink. There isn't one that I don't love. They are all different and each has a unique quality. Some have a fruity scent, some have no scent, some have faint shimmer, some are more moisturizing and some have SPF and some leave sheer color behind and are glossy and some have a thicker layer of color. These are so very good and there's one for everybody. They are also inexpensive and the packaging is very cute yet sophisticated. I have seen photos of these balms in two types of packaging-one has a clear top and goes down the length of the tube with the words baby lips in a chubby font and the other are more of a traditional tube with a short cap with no printing and opaque tube with baby lips on the tube sticker. I have the clear ones (the ones sold in the US). As a 39 year old, I cannot get enough of these and if they make more colors/flavors other than the ones I already have I will happily get them! Highly recommend. They are not greasy and they wear well.
UPDATE: I just grabbed a limited edition 2 pack online with the ones called coral crush and twinkle. So happy!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2013 2:23:00 AM More reviews by helplessplainface

i bought this in this in the berry because i heard good reviews about it~ and it was good it absorbed well into my lips and made them soft and supple :) you just have it keep it on hand and reapply when needed. i had it in berry but i lost it when my brother threw my bag into the trunk of my dad's car and it was winter and the trunk is really really messy so i couldn't find it, i was PISSED at my brother but i really liked it so i went to buy it again but i thought i'd try it in Mango Pie and like the berry, it is absolutely amazing~~!!! it's the same if not better than the berry on all aspects, it smells amazing, Mango Pie smells tropical and girly and i feel so purty C: lol it glides on well and i love lip balms and this has got to be one of my favorites :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by ERROUSE

I love BABY LIPS! A coworker of mine had this one day and she recommend I get one. I went to Target to purchase mine, and I was back the next day to purchase all of the colors. I have all of them! For the actual purpose, lip balm they're great. They stay on for a long time, and keep the lips moisturized. I also like the fact that they come tinted, some of them at least. I use the tinted ones when my lipstick is going off through out the day and when I don't want to wear loud lipstick. Especially the red one. Lastly my favorite thing about this is the packing! It's awesome .. the packaging alone will make you buy. It's so bright and bold! If you're looking for lip balm that's worth it, and looks great Baby Lips is for you! 2 thumbs up!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by sophieliang24

I bought 2 of these...and I love them! Very moisturizing and smells great! The tinted ones give off a little color which I like. The packaging is also very cute! The only downside is that it doesn't last very long, needs to be re-applied throughout the day. But I would definitely like to repurchase and try all the other colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by ChrissiRose

I love this lip balm so much! It is extremely moisturizing and it leaves a nice hint of color on your lips. The only bad thing is that if you leave it in the heat it melts faster than other lip balms. Other than that its a great buy :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2013 11:00:00 AM More reviews by CloudySkye

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

The lip balm claims to give eight hour hydration. It also has an SPF level of 20 and it doesn't contain oxybenzone, which is always a plus because oxybenzone is an endocrin disruptor.

I can't tell you anything about how long it lasts on your lips before you need to reapply. I reapply lip balm every 20 minutes when I'm at home and quite often anywhere else as well.

Let me just put this in perspective. I am a huge EOS lip balm fan, and I hate softlips. I bought softlips once about a year ago and I liked them at first. Then I realized, they do nothing for my lips. First off, they unfortunately contain oxybenzone. Secondly, they dry out my lips! I apply a layer of lip balm and thirty seconds later, my lips feel dry and the soft lip balm-y effect isn't there. I rub my lips together and they don't feel softer, just more dry!

This isn't a review of softlips though so I'll get back to Baby Lips. But now you know how I feel. Eos>>>>>>>>softlips. Where do the Maybelline Baby Lips fit in?

The quenched flavor is clear and it smells amazing. It's almost like fruit punch, but not quite. It is that full fruity sent you might imagine from the name quenched.

The lip balm's moisture is medium for me. I go back and forth on this. Some days I find it not so moisturizing, other days I find I like it. It is definitely not heavy duty moisture but it isn't drying. My lips do stay soft but I don't think the lip balm makes them any softer. It keeps my lips nice but doesn't make them better, if that makes sense.

It is a good lip balm, and pretty inexpensive, so I would probably repurchase this. If you want something for crazy chapped lips, this would help, but not as well as an eos lipbalm or a Nivea lip butter (not that I've tried those, but I've heard they have the heavy moisture aspect).

I like that it has SPF to protect your lips. Overall, its nice, but not great.

UPDATE: 2/28
I really like these now. I'm using them more and I love them. My favorite is peach kiss because it tints my lips and moisturizes them. I prefer the tinted ones because even if the moisture level isn't crazy awesome, they still are moisturize and give some tint so they do more. I do recommend :)

I'm changing my rating because I changed my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by AlliBear

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

My all-time favorite lip balm! :) Leaves your lips smooth and helps repair chapped lips. It's my go to everyday lip balm. I always have one in my bag if ever I need to replenish my dry lips. And you can't resist the packaging! Great buy!<3

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2013 1:40:00 AM More reviews by luckyhipo

I have got two, cherry crush and cherry kiss from this range. Love them all. They are light but moisturizing and gives a bit of tint to my lips. Only problem is they don't last too long, I had to reapply every 2 hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by icestars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A friend gave me the Cherry Me one, which I wasn't particularly found of because it gave my lips a redder tint than I would hope for. Fortunately, the moisturization really worked out and I decided to purchase one that wasn't quite as red. I gave the Cherry Me one to my sister, who likes and is currently still using it very much. I settled on the Peppermint, because I wasn't sure if the other tinted ones were too colorful and I just wanted to test out the product. It worked wonders on me, and after about a month I was down to just a little bit of product, so I went ahead and bought three more: the Peach Kiss, Peppermint, and Quenched. I realized that the tinted ones didn't give quite as much moisturization, and the Peach Kiss one really just didn't show up at all on my lips, and seemed to make my lips more flaky. I gave that one to my sister as well, who really enjoyed it. The clear Baby Lips really are adorable though, and they are magic on my lips. My lips feel very soothed and they actually seem to have plumped up. Some people say it didn't work, but I went ahead and went on with a thick layer on my bottom lip and just smacked my lips together. It also helped a lot to brush my lips a little with my toothbrush (Yes, it really does exfoliate!) and then apply it. The circulation was better and my lips had more of a natural pink tint, so I went on with my Baby Lips for that fresh and moisturized feel. Overall, I love this product. I hope it never discontinues, I will keep on repurchasing. For anyone who chose the tinted ones and they didn't work, try with the clear ones. I bought this at Walmart for $2.97, and it was definitely worth it. I completely recommend, but the cap did come off once. Luckily, nothing happened to the lip balm as I had rolled it all the way down and had used most of it. Very good product.