December 19, 2014 | 851 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2012 12:59:00 AM More reviews by SoCalNanny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After reading and devouring anything and everything I could read on the Clarisonic Mia I took my Sephora gift cards/xmas money and splurged on it! I saw the jaguar one and even though it was $10 extra ($129) I GOT IT. I'm a sucker for jaguar/cheetah prints. But I digress...I love it. I had previously used the Clarisonic Classic that belonged to a friend I lived with over the summer. I felt spoiled and as if I was getting a facial everyday. I have used the mini cleanser it came with along with my some other regular cleansers I have. No matter what cleanser I have used (except for the No 7 Hot Cloth Cleanser!) I was always left with lots of extra make up on my toner cotton pad. After using the Clarisonic my skin is clean, and completely free of any traces of make up. I'm hooked. The only thing (yes, I'm lazy) is that you have to pre-cleanse your face, which makes sense-wouldnt want to clog the face brush with make up. But apart from that tiny thing...I'm in love.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Breannaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the clarisonic Pro &I love this! I use it 2-5 times a week to remove my dead skin cells and omg it does a fantastix job. I had cystic acne and this helped open my pores and removed everything. Best $250 ive spent.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by dihfer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

have been using this once daily for about 3 months now and I have noticed a change in texture to my skin (softer). My skin has never been problematic or acne-prone, so I have always had good skin in general. But after using Mia for 3 months, I noticed people commenting on my skin being more 'glowy' and 'radiant'! I haven't changed anything in my skincare routine so I put it down to Mia. It is a bit on the expensive side but I'll say its well worth it. I have recommended my friends to this and they all loved it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by dancegurl98

Awesome! It really removes dirt, oil, makeup,etc. from my skin without "stripping" it. Gentle and effective. Plus, mine has a cute zebra print design on it, an added bonus! Also, I experienced no purging phase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by rose19c

The best $119 I have ever spent. I have only owned my Mia for about 5 days and I can SEE and feel a HUGE difference in my skin. My pores on my cheeks have minimized drastically. I had a rash on my face from acne and it use to take about 2 weeks to disappear and it has only taken 3 days. I wash my face with the clarisonic twice a day both morning and night. I have already convinced my mom to buy one! Be sure to register your Mia for a one year warranty, plus when you register they e-mail you a $25 coupon to use later for brushes. Best choice I have ever made when it comes to my skin care! The fact that it literally takes 2 minutes to get my skin amazingly clean!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Hippylady

In my opinion good skin is down to a few main main things good genes, lifestyle and cleansing.No amount of make up will ever hide bad skin. The MIA definitely does the business on the cleaning front! I got mine a week ago after saving up for it - and like most of us making a big purchase reviews are so valuable and reading the comments helped me to make my final purchase. I cannot believe the dramatic improvement in my skin ,it has totally unlocked the effectiveness of everything that goes on my face. Everything just absorbs so much better and my skin just glows.My face is now so soft and smooth. I am not easily sucked in by gimmicks but seriously within two days I had zero need to wear foundation and reverted to tinted moisturiser. My oiliness has disappeared and no need for midday touch ups. When you use it you can tell exactly how it is going to react with your skin I had a very slight breakout on my cheek though I know some people have really broken out so please consider this if you have a big event I used mine over a weekend for the first time just to see how my skin would react. It feels gentle and not abrasive which is what I was most worried about. I would advise running with your current products and then adapt accordingly. I no longer feel the need for toner but my advice is go with how your skin feels with this. I feel comfortable with using it twice a day and it is a lovely experience. My face feels really clean and fresh and I feel so much more confident and the compliments have been flying in. I am by no means the most virtuous when it comes to eating right and drinking enough water etc but I do try more often than not and my skin was goodish to start with and this has just made it more polished and better but as I said at the beginning be realistic about what you want from this product if you want an amazing cleanser to aid the effectiveness of all your other products than this will deliver in my opinion.It does come with a hefty price tag but I feel very much worth every penny. If you generally don't look after your skin (smoke,drink and avoid SPF) and expect this product to transform your skin in into a vision of glowing perfection overnight you may be disappointed

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by aewhalen

My skin is--or rather, was a nightmare. It's terribly dry (flakey dry), very sensitive and I have moderate rosacea that's been uncontrolable with the usual topical gels. The rosacea causes acne like break-outs in patches. Simply horrible! I got talked into buying the Mia by a smooth talking sales lady. I was certain I'd have to return it because my skin can't tolerate scrubs or exfoliation (despite a huge need!). I thought she was crazy recommending it to me after I just explained how very sensitive my skin is. But, out of sheer desperation, I tried it-- and WOW!!! What a tremendous difference in my skin! I've been using it for about 6 weeks, at night only and with the sensitive head. My skin has seriously not looked this good in a very long time! No breakouts at all-- not one! No more flakiness. And, the redness is decreasing! No sensitivities, just smooth, soft skin. I could seriously be on a Mia commercial with before and after photos. This is my HG face care item!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by bschoolbabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love my mia! The first two weeks I used the clarisonic, I experienced purging and was freaking out. But after those spots cleared up my skin looks great! I've even received compliments on my "glowing" skin. I don't break out as often and my skin looks more even. Awesome product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 9:08:00 PM More reviews by VoR

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I couldn't find a Clarisonic anywhere in New Zealand but I managed to pick one up on my last trip to Australia and I'm so glad I did! Firstly let me say that although I do understand why people think it's an expensive item, if you think of it in terms of what it really is, it actually seems more reasonable - it's not, for instance a consumable like a face cream and when I consider that I probably spend an average of (say) $50 a time on each face cream and each of those probably only lasts 3 months, it really doesn't seem so bad. I guess it's a bit more like buying a hairdryer rather than getting a blow dry, or investing in the home facial machine rather than going out and paying for a one-off facial.

Anyway, justifications aside, I've been using the Mia for just over two weeks and really like it. I started off using it morning and night (I got over-excited!) but after the first week switched to just using it at night. I noticed an immediate improvement in my skin, both in tone and in the way it feels, it's never been so soft and it's never looked so clear. Just before Christmas my skin had become crazily congested and was a hormonal mess, I went back to basics with skin care, using an organic range (Trilogy) and although I had managed to get the situation somewhat under control I was left with a significant number of blocked pores, small scars and uneven looking areas of skin - all of which have now totally cleared after two weeks of Clarisonic usage.

I don't use my Mia for make up removal (I quickly take my make up off with cleansing cream first and then use the Mia for face washing only) but I'm fussy about brush head cleaning which means that my routine probably takes a few minutes longer but really it's not a big deal and it's worth the extra effort. It's pretty early days and I'll update my review if anything changes but at this stage I'm a happy Mia user!

***Update*** So..I've been using my Mia for just about a month now and thought I'd do a quick update. I'm still really happy that I made the purchase and in fact such is the improvement in my skin that I now only use need to use it 3 times a week. I think it's clear that it's NOT a miracle product, but what it is, is a first class exfoliatior, something that I think it's very hard to do perfectly by hand. My skin is definitely brighter, softer and 'glows' in a way that it has never done before, due to consistent, uniform exfoliation - I still love it :)

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 4:21:00 AM More reviews by Strawberryblonde3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this at Christmas and I really love it. It gets rid f all your makeup and makes my face feel baby soft. It has also really improved the look of my skin it's definitely brighter and i think it's trying to get smoother. It hasn't done a whole lot for my acne scars or blackheads yet. I still have bumps under my skin and some mild indention's. As for actual acne it really made it bad and I'm just starting to come out of it (I think). The reason this didn't turn me away is I knew this would happen anything that exfoliates your skin or bring out the impurities in your skin is going to do that, what other way is there to get rid of them? i am noticing some blackheads after I wash becoming visible , like they're being drawn out. I also haven't seen any unsightly dry patches since using this with a moisturizer. As for pore size it's hard for me to tell since that's not a big problem for me, however my mom (49) has seen a huge improvement. This is a product you have to stick with to see results, it's not a quick fix. However I believe the longer I use it the better my results will be.