NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene, Glycol, Glycerine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinal Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Dis-Butydimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan, Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methylhdantoin-2-Imide, Phenoxyenthanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polusilocone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa, Glycuosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocpherol, [ /- (May Contain): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is amazing for me! I feel as though this foundation is quite mismarketed almost, as I find this to be semi-matte but to give a sort of glow, without too much dewiness or shine just a gentle glow, definitely true to the name! I think it is mismarketed though as for dry skinned people this may play havoc and cling to dry patches? I'm not sure. But for me and my slightly oily skin, this is heaven. The colour shading is light enough for me (I am shade Light2) and it is so blendable, so buildable and I love how the best application I find is with fingers. The price and the longevity of the foundation are the only downsides. It cost about €44 I think? And on me, with no primer will last about 5-6 hours which is alright but with a primer it will last about 8 which is good enough for me! This is so brilliant I really recommend trying it if you're considering. Also, this has no SPF which may be a plus or a con for people, I find it a plus as it doesn't give me ghostface in pictures and I can simply apply SPF underneath if I need it. This may be my HG foundation!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Whilst on my lifelong search to find a foundation that fits my skin colour, I came across this is the colour Siberia. It is only about one shade too dark for me but nonetheless the colour was amazing. I received a sample from sephora and thought that a 55$ foundation should be absolutely amazing.
It wasnt.
It lasts maybe 2-3 hours before disappearing on your face and it is unbearably matte. I have no idea why its called Sheer Glow.
The only pros are the colour, the easily blendable formula, and the 0 chance of skin irritation or breakouts. definitely not worth 55 bucks. Id buy it if it were a drugstore foundation.

My skin is a little dry so I have been looking for a foundation that does not emphasise the dryness and gives a subtle glow. This seemed perfect.

I went and got a sample of NARS sheer glow and couldn't wait to try it. As soon as I touched it though, I knew it was not for me. It didn't feel very moisturising, and as it spread over my face it made my face feel quite tight. Lucky the colour was almost perfect for my skin, because it was super hard to blend. The result of the foundation (even with a moisturising primer) is that it seemed to emphasise my dry patches, like many other foundations seem to do. For the patches that weren't dry, it made my skin look almost perfect...from a distance. When I looked up close it had the affect where it was completely obvious I was wearing makeup, probably the most cakey look I have ever had.

So I'm glad I got a sample and didn't waste $65 on it. Don't get me wrong, I think this foundation would be ok if you have normal, good skin. But get a sample first to make sure.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

The foundation is okay, It doesnt have much coverage but is good for skin that is already clear.

The packaging SUCKS! I always used too much and made a mess because there is no pump. You can buy a pump, but it would cost over $10 after shipping and it is hard to find in stores. So I took the pump off of my old Benefit liquid foundation and put it on the Nars, and it worked!

So before buying a Nars pump, try the pumps of other foundations you already have. I heard the MAC pump works too.

Hope this helps!

i LOVE this foundation. i have dry pale skin and was looking for a foundation to make me look glowing- this one certainly does, maybe even sometimes a bit too glowy so i feel like i have to use powder to stop me looking so shiny. i like how you are able to build up the foundation to give such a flawless look! this, along with mac studio sculpt are my two favourite foundations- sheer glow is a bit more expensive but worth it!! not planning on changing foundation anytime soon, definitely worth a try!!

I love this foundation! I've been using it for 2 years and can't live without it.

So, after hearing such amazing things online and from friends about this foundation I decided to go and check it out at Sephora.
I was matched to the shade 'Gobi' I believe it is called, and the color match was pretty good so I immediately fell in love with it (I'm pale and it's hard to find foundation that matches!)

Anyways, I brought it home and pretty much convinced myself to love it because of the price I paid for it, but in reality it kinda sucked. It was hard to work with, didn't give much coverage at all, didn't come with a pump, and in the end broke my skin out like you would not believe ( and I don't have sensitive skin!)

In the end the only good thing about this was the cute fancy packaging, and the color match.
Other than that, I wasn't impressed.
Would not recommend, there are better foundations out there.
I suggest Urban Decay's naked skin foundation.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

In my opinion, i hate this foundation. I think that the Rimmel Match Perfection gives me more sheer glow than the NARS one does.. I have normal to dry skin, and this foundation looks matte on me. It enhances my dry patches. I do love the coverage and the shade range is fabulous but i just spend 40 euros an a foundation that doesn't do shit for me. So dissapointed. But you know these things happen, you never know if you will like it or not. So to all off you who want to buy Sheer Glow, try to ask a sample first!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I remember using this in my early 20's and stopped using it, don't know why I LOVE it. I apply it with a damp beauty blender and right before I dab it on I spray MAC fix +, perfect combo. It goes on lighter this way and looks flawless. It lasts a very long time and I have combo skin, just have a lightly powder twice a day. The color deuville is a good match.
I have good skin, only a lil bit of redness and this foundation does not feel too heavy in hot So Cal.

I wish it would come with a pump, but not a big deal.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I love this foundation. Its a PERFECT match for me. I have had such a hard time finding a foundation that matches. I am nc44-45 with very strong yellow undertones and i wear Tahoe. Mac foundations are just too orange ones you get in between the medium and dark range. NC 45 is just yellow and red undertones. I have NO red undertones.

The finish is like a satin finish. Not to matte, not to dewy. It looks so nice. If you have oily skin like me (oily t-zone, normal cheeks) you need to set with powder. not just to help control oil, but to help it stay on, especially since i live in hot and humid florida. This porbably wont be good for dry skin unless you moisturize well before hand. Very oily skin girls may not like this either as it won't control oily that well.

I use an oil controlling primer (Milk of magnesia), setting powder, and setting spray to this lasts a pretty long time on me. The coverage is medium to full. I have a lot of acne scars, but they aren't that dark. For people with a little bit of hyper pigmentation and blemishes, the coverage is perfect. If you have very dark scars this can be built up but i'm not sure it can full coverage fore everyone. It depends on how dark your imperfections are.

(Nars Sheer Glow/Matte: Tahoe, L'oreal True Match: W7, MAC Studio Fix Fluid/ Pro Longwear: NC 47, Black Radiance liquid Foundation: butterscotch,

(EDIT 7/29/13)
Took off a lippie. NO PUUUUUUUUUUMP!!!!!!

Video Reviews & Tutorials