September 30, 2014 | 1834 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2012 6:27:00 PM More reviews by sm510

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

this is an OK foundation..it looks nice on the skin but ive had the same results with drugstore foundations...and for the price and lack of staying power this has HECK NO i would not buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2012 5:22:00 PM More reviews by rayoflight121

I was debating on getting this vs another foundation but loved this upon first application. Its more medium coverage on me, but looks natural yet perfects my complexion the same time. It gives me a nice glow without looking greasy and overwhelming. I have dry skin, but I really well moisturize before applying it. I also use my fingers applying it but use brushes with my other foundations. Using a brush could easily result in over doing it and getting a cakey finish. I'm NC20/25 and bought this in Fiji.

Update, Sheerglow is responisible for recent breakouts and clogged pores on my cheeks. After I stopped using everything began healing after a week.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by msaunderscam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I received a sample of this product from Sephora and decided to test it with a full face application today. Not only is this line nothing but yellow (and too much of it!), it did NOTHING but make my skin look worse! 2 hours after application, I had dry flakes across my cheeks which I never otherwise have an issue with, and I looked awful. I only gave it 2 lippies because you need little product for an all-over application, otherwise, this is NOT worth it. I'd never buy or recommend this product to anybody. I'll stick with Smashbox for now.
UPDATE: I decided to give this foundation another chance and applied it with my fingers (never do that anymore, was odd!) due to a recent review, but it still turned out cakey AND it made me break out! I applied with clean hands, for the record. This is garbage.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by NKS

Definitely not for combination skin. Was assured by sales assistant that it would work better on me than matte version as would smooth out dry flaky areas. Actually found it accentuated the dry areas and by middle of day I was frantically trying to fix it at work and too scared to get to close to people in case they noticed how weird my skin looked. Very patchy, cloggy and dried out dry areas even more and made oil prone areas even more greasy. Can't win with this product at all. And I totally agree - paying this much, at least have a pump to dispense product!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by sxxy0208

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I do not like to use heavy foundations and I find sheer glow gives me the right amount of coverage if i mix a bit of moisturizer in with it. It feels lighter this way and gives enough coverage to even out skin tone and hide minor imperfections. I have yellow undertones to my skin so I found this to look better on me than many foundations do (I use the shade "Gobi"). Probably would not work the best for people with rosier undertones or someone looking for more coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by Magicunicorns

After using MAC studio fix fluid for the past two years I was on the hunt for a new foundation, after looking at several I decided on NARS sheer glow. It hasn't disappointed me yet! The cover I would say is medium but really buildable, and I have found that it lasts pretty much all day. It has a dewy finish, which I love in foundations, but tends to go matte once it's fully dried. The colour selection was really good and the girl at the counter matched me up with Dueville, a majority of the colours have yellow undertones but if you have pale skin with red patches like me it covers all of it. The only bad thing I can say about it is the packaging, a majority of places don't sell it with a pump, however I finally found a store that does.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2012 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Baby1black

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like the dewy look this foundation gives.It does have a yellow undertone which compliments skin,however coverage is o.k. You do need your concealer With this one . What I hate is they should add a pump especially with the price of this. I will buy again for sure because I enjoy the dewy look.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2012 6:25:00 PM More reviews by blua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this for my Mom in the shade Stromboli. It looked gorgeous on her and apparently didn't slide off or melt off in the extreme weather while they were on vacation (in the Philippines). I decided test it out the other day because I wanted to wear some makeup but didn't feel like putting on too much. I judged the product and assumed 'Sheer" meant a tinted moisturizer, so therefore could get away even if Stomboli was lighter, or so I thought... (I usually range from NC35-40). I like my foundation to be full coverage because I don't have the best skin and I like to cover any scarring/pigmentation/and the works. I used my fingers to apply this, didn't apply any primer or powder. Just a quick slather really. Let me just say that I LOVE the finish product. I love the texture, a little runnier than SFF, and I especially love the way it matched my skin tone (soooo shocked!), and it gave me medium buildable coverage!. It did get oily on my nose, but my skin does that with any foundation so it was no biggie. I put it on at 9am and it lasted a good 5+ hours, cause I came home home around 2ish and washed it off. The only thing is... I'm not in love with the 'no-pump' (you'd think they'd smarten up...um hello, so unsanitary) and not into the price....(around $45 CAD at Sephora). Bottom line: I'd repurchase, it was a surprise how much I liked it. Not heavy feeling, but provided good enough coverage and had pretty good lasting power. No overpowering scent and no bad reactions! (breakouts, itching etc). Pleasently suprised :) continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by aqsa1

I brought this in punjab. It broke me out. Each time i put this on i had new spots when i doublecleansed my skin. I actually needed the matte version but selfridges was all out so i got this cos i liked the way it looked on.

Next time i tried this was matched to barcelona in matte. Too dark and dint look as flawless as glow version. Such a shame cos this could have been hg if it looked good and dint break me out.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2012 9:50:00 AM More reviews by misswedemeyer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

While I love the product, I hate the package. The cap does not screw on, and since I travel a lot I end up losing half of the makeup because it leaks all over my other cosmetics. NARS is a great company but they really need to consider repackaging this product ASAP.