NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 4/8/2013 7:54:00 PM

HG foundation. Purchase the pump to go with it for $4 extra, use hourglass primer as a base... and this stuff lasts for over 10 hours without budging. Wonderful. My skin is flawless, and glowing, and I haven't found another foundation regardless of price or brand that has matched it. Not to mention my very fair skin actually has a match in Mont Blanc. First time I've found a foundation that isn't too pink/orange/ashy. Well done NARS.

Wow, was I ever missing out not trying this foundation. Its wonderful, the coverage is amazing! Flawless, blendable & makes my skin look radiant & perfect. I was at a NARS counter a few months ago, but it was late & the SA couldn't find the shade Deaville anywhere. I was disappointed because my NARS & MAC counter are 2 hours away & I really wanted to try Sheer Glow out. Anywho I forgot about this foundation & just used my MAC/Estée Lauder & MUFE foundations, but I felt they where lacking something. I purchased this online & used it the same day it arrived- and I haven't stopped using it. I'm going to list all the pro's about this foundation, because there is so many :)

1) it dries fast, yet it's very blendable.
2) covers every imperfection, while still looking natural & not cakey.
3) A little goes a very long way.
4) It works amazingly in sync with every setting powder I own- I swear this foundation makes my powder better.
5) The colour match is perfect.
6) literally makes your skin look airbrushed, even in sunlight/natural daytime light (my other foundations looked awful in daylight) & photographs.
7) doesn't highlight imperfections like dry patches or acne scars.

The only con is the packaging, there should be a pump included- but it's not to big a deal for me. I love this foundation so much, & I'm glad I branched out of my comfort zone. I'm really wanting to try more NARS products after such a great experience.

on 4/6/2013 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I am roughly an NC20-25 right now and although I have extremely oily skin, I hate matte finishes. On the other hand, dewy finishes can be absolute horror on my face. I was looking for a nice medium between the two.

Pros:
- Beautiful, radiant finish. Not shiny and dewy like YSL Eclat/Lancome Miracle/Dior Nude, but just a natural looking glow that isn't matte nor shiny. It's almost a wax-like look (which is more human-like) rather than a plastic look.
- Unlke most foundation brands which call particular shades "yellow" in undertone when they are actually an unflattering warm BEIGE, Nars really does have honest yellow shades. If you are in the NC20-NC30 range, you should look at Fiji, Ceylan (which is actually lighter than Fiji despite the number system), or Punjab.
- Coverage is light-medium, which could be a good or bad thing. Definitely more coverage than a tinted moisturizer but not enough to cover very dark scars.

Cons:
- This has zero oil control. But honestly, I'm okay with that because I've used foundations long enough to know that it's a matter of oil control vs. natural-looking finish. The more matte & more oil-controlling the foundation, the more flat and unnatural the finish. The more radiant and natural the finish, the oilier you will get. You just have to decide which is more important to you.
- Even though it's not matte, I still wouldn't call this moisturizing. I have small dry patches in certain areas and this did bunch up around those areas. If you are extremely dry, you might need something even more moisturizing.
- You have to buy a pump separately.

Overall, this is ideal for someone with moderately dry/combo/just barely oily skin. Like I said, I am unfortunately on the extreme end of the spectrum where I am very oily. But for now, I don't mind blotting and reapplying throughout the day.

on 4/5/2013 12:27:00 AM

Pros:
- SUPERB finish. I don't know how they do it. Soft and smooth and
natural and just FLAWLESS.
- Photographs beautifully. No flashback.
- Great coverage.
- Extremely blendable. A little goes a long way.
- Great lasting power.

Cons:
- You will more than likely breakout with this foundation. :(
- No SPF. :(
- The packaging SUCKS. Get a pump, for crying out loud!
- Expensive, (but worth it!)

This is one of my top three FAVORITE foundations in the whole world. (Others being MUFE HD and YSL Touche Eclat). Your skin is guaranteed to look fantastic with this foundation!

When I first started using this foundation I loved it. It looked so nice on my skin but the more I wore it, the worst my skin became. I guess I didn't notice it at the time but this foundation IS NOT OIL FREE. It gave spots in areas that I never got spots in. Yes, the finish is nice but it's so not worth it, because it will cause havoc on your skin. So expensive for a foundation that doesn't even have a pump! That was another really annoying aspect.

on 4/1/2013 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I have been using this product for a month and have no particular issues with it. It applies nicely although some times it feels blotchy but i think it may be my brush.

Annoying that you have to buy a pump separately, but it was only £3 so not too bad. if i want to travel with the bottle i have to remove the pump and replace whit the lid which ia also annoying. Despite this I would definitely recommend

on 3/30/2013 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I love, love, LOVE this foundation! Its my HG for sure... It leaves a satin finish I adore, provides excellent coverage yet is lightweight, and is the PERFECT color match for my NC25/30 skin (I use Barcelona). It provides moisture and does not emphasize my dry patches - a major plus. It works wonderfully for me with or without primer - another plus! Cons: This is EXPENSIVE. And the packaging is lame because there's no pump. Actually I was told there is a pump but you have to pay extra and IMO that's a big middle finger thrown at us by the company showing little appreciation for our support. Even so, this stuff just can't be beat for me, a gal who spends $$$ yearly to find color matches which rarely happens. I always end up going back to NARS Sheer Glow, no matter how broke I am. Even if I mix and match foundations, I always must have this in my staple ready to use. I do believe this is the best of all foundations.

on 3/30/2013 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really wanted to love this foundation, but I just couldn't. The lightest shade is too yellowy on me, and the next shade up was too dark. I couldn't find the right colour and it was so disappointing. The foundation itself was nothing special; I like how it applied onto my face, but it really accentuated the dry spots on my skin and didn't have much staying power.

This foundation is my PERFECT shade. The only downsides are the $60 price tag, and the fact that it doesn't come with a pump.

on 3/27/2013 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I received a sample of this foundation first and used it for a week to ensure I wasn't going to experience any breakouts. Yay for no bad reaction!! After a week, I ended up purchasing the full size bottle in the color Ceylan. I really enjoy this foundation because the color match is on point. I'm Asian with extremely yellow skin and 99% of the time, foundations are too pink. I use this layered on top of my Skin79 Orange BB Cream and the results are a "my skin, but better" look. I def recommend this if you just want to even out your skin tone. The price is high, but honestly I haven't found anything comparable to it in regards to color and coverage so it wasn't like I had another alternative.