November 24, 2014 | 1653 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2012 9:11:00 AM More reviews by Farnhead

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A purchase I regret because of the price, £30. This is just way too greasy looking and looks horrible after wearing this all day. I would say wear it as a going out foundation but I dont think it photographs very well.

It does have good coverage, but its too heavy and looks like you are wearing too much make up. I do like the colour, it makes you look like you have a nice tan. I would be a MAC NC35 and I think I had santa fe or syracuse.

It broke me out as I knew it would as it is way too thick. I think if you had dry skin that needs coverage and isnt prone to breaking out, this would be good. But I am not a fan.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2012 3:11:00 AM More reviews by Lumiele

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

skin: im very pale (nw10),acne prone very sensitive skin,combination-dry, sweaty person

im using Siberia, and i love it.. the color just matches my skin tone very well.. it has a sheer-medium build able and dewy finish which i like.. the texture just runny, non sticky at all.. i've use 3 types of wearing this foundation (finger used, sponge, brush) and the best result i get is apply this foundation with sponge and finger

pros:
- matches my skin tone well
- easy to blend
- the finish just like my second skin, its give natural glow..love it!
- lightweight
- didn't cakey and blotchy when i'm starting sweating on nose and other area
- the staying power its awsome, sometime i've been using up to 9 hours and its just stay in place (at least for me)
- the packing was expensive looking..

cons:
- sometimes its just make dry pacthes
- you need buy the pump!
- it'll transfer a bit
- melt on oily skin

so i just use this foundation when my skin was in good condition

EDITED
i think it's all about skin.. my skin before it tend to be dry and flaking.. but when i doing some treatment by changing my daily moisturize, it become okay and i can use it everytime i want now.. it's no longer moody and i give one other lippies for this.. i'm madly in love with NARS Sheer Glow

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2012 10:43:00 PM More reviews by FriendlyAussie

I love everything about this foundation except for one thing... the bottle. Now, usually, a bottle without a pump isn't a dealbreaker for me, but this particular bottle design will prevent me from ever purchasing Sheer Glow again. Why? I have had two bottles of this and both of them have SNAPPED. As I screw them shut (gently) the little glass screw that the lid attaches to shatters and pops clean off, taking the top of the bottle with it. The first time it happened I let it slide thinking it was a fluke, but it happened again after I purchased a second bottle. I now have over $100AU worth of foundation sitting on my dresser, UNUSABLE, because there is little glass flecks throughout it.

Now, crappy bottle aside, this is possibly the most amazing foundation I have ever used. It is creamy and applies beautifully. After applying this with a 187 brush my skin looks velvety and absolutely gorgeous! It is not too matte but not too dewy- right at that perfect middle ground. After setting with MAC MSFN it lasts me all day and does not break me out like so many foundations do. I have combination skin with a nose that is disgustingly oily but flaky at the same time and this controls the oil without emphasizing the dry spots. Colour match is great too- Mont Blanc is a perfect match for my NW10/15 skin.

I simply can't afford to purchase this again, but would still recommend the formulation along with this advice- If you do decide to purchase this, decant it into a decent bottle or buy a pump attachment so that the screw end doesn't snap off.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2012 2:04:00 PM More reviews by completelyloony

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Skin: very pale (nc10 mac) combination (dry facky patches, oilyness and normal) acne prone and sensitive.

I bought this product after hearing about it from youtube and beauty blogs. The reviews were great so I had to try it. It was very expensive about £30 i personal think that its over priced because it doesn't come with a pump and the cap gets dirty easily, the bottle is thick glass and probably won't break if you travel will it.

The colour was great i got Siberia it's described as very fair with neutral undertones. Siberia was a perfect colour for my skin i would describe the undertones as yellow not neutral and very fair probably the palest i've seen thats easy to get hold of.

The foundation is meant to be for dry skin, it has a glow it dry but not completely. It has medium build able coverage and not sheer as the name congests. I find that the foundation does have a glow but when it sets it still makes me look dry. It highlights every bump and flakey patch that is on my skin so my face looks flakey and cakey. I find that it doesn't aggravate spots and doesn't break me out.

This lasted about six to 8 hours on me. I wasn't doing much only shopping and cleaning.

Other problems with the foundation is that it transfers to everything that my face came in to contact with my shirt, phone hands and other people. Its also smudges and smears on to my glasses even the lenses.

I won't by this product again because it looks highlights every flakey patch, it's to expensive, it doesn't last long enough on me as well as the smudging and smearing.

For me the only positive thing about this foundation is the colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Aensing

I absolutely adore this foundation. This is the best foundation for my skin (normal to combination). I pair this with my hourglass primer and it is flawless. The hourglass primer really prevents oil and my nars glides on so easily. I don't know why people say this is a sheer foundation because it is not. It does give you a sheer glow, but it is a light to medium coverage. This foundation is so moisturizing and feels great on the skin. It feels like a second layer of my skin and does not feel like I have anything on at all. It is great for pictures. It even claims to even skin tone and improve the quality of your skin. I have had no break outs with this foundation like I have with other liquids. It blends like a dream and is so easy to put on. The packaging sucks but I purchased the pump which makes it a little easier. I love how buildable the foundation is so I can wear it light or more for special occasions. This foundation has been great for cold and warm weather and I have not have any problems with it fading off like my MUFE foundation did. Would recommend this for all skin types as long as you use a good primer to control oil because the foundation does give a light glow as the day goes on.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 2:56:00 PM More reviews by 1hotchick909

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is unlike any I have used before. Believe me I have tried everything! This foundation has a very light texture that leaves you looking smooth and radiant. This foundation is incredibly buildable. I even pat it underneath my eyes like a concealer and also use it as an eye shadow base. Extremely lightweight and non-cakey and truly does give a "glow." Provides the desired airbrush effect we all dream of without clogging pores. Set with a powder and you're good to go!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by kerry31

Like the previous reviewer I came back to this product after not liking it the first time. In my case it was the wrong application- I was using a standard flat top foundation brush which gave too much coverage leading it to get cakey later in the day. Now I dip a q-tip in, dot it over my face and blend with the sephora precision airbrush foundation brush. Gives a flawless glow that lasts for hours. My skin is quite oily and the oil does eventually come through, but I have found that the foundations meant to last all day and control oil (such as ELDW) make my face look flat and lifeless. I do apply a sheer powder and touch up during the day with blot sheets and powder if needed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by stellar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

After re-trying this foundation, I think I have to say that it's my HG. I've been on a huge foundation kick lately and have been fortunate enough to have found a few foundations that I really love, which is pretty rare for me. I tried this foundation a couple years ago and for whatever reason wasn't content with it. If I remember correctly, I think I just thought I couldn't find a color match. However, I recently visited a Sephora while I was in CO and wanted to give it another try. I saw that Gobi is actually a perfect match. I don't think I have any extra color from the sun right now so this might be my winter match. (I previously thought it was Siberia.) I went ahead and bought a bottle and I'm so glad I did. This foundation is nearly full-coverage for me as some mornings I haven't had to wear concealer under my eyes or on the redness around my nose, which is really impressive. It looks very even, but natural and with a hint of inner glow. I also have and love Lancome's Teint Miracle foundation and that gives a really beautiful glow and finish, but unfortunately it doesn't have as much staying power as this does. It also has a few ingredients in it that I'm not overly thrilled about (though it's never bothered my skin any). I love Lancome's Teint Idole Ultra 24h for an ultra long-lasting foundation. But for me, this is the perfect every-day foundation. It gets me through the workday and more without having to touch-up or powder. The only really negative thing I have to say about it (and teh reason I took off one lippie) is the packaging. First is the obvious - no pump. I think it's pretty ridiculous that a product that costs $42 doesn't come with one, and you have to pay even more to buy one separately. It can be very messy without one. The neck off the bottle gets product all over it. Worse than that though is the fact that my bottle had a defective cap. The large outer black cap would just turn around the smaller inner cap without grabbing. I took the outer cap off and saw that the top half of the inner cap was *broken off*. Because of the whole mess I ended up losing a fair amount of product, was left unable to seal the opening, and defintely couldn't carry the bottle around with me anywhere. For what it costs, that's not at all acceptable. When I tried the foundation before I noticed that fairly often I'd have that problem where the large cap spins around the inner cap and I'd have to remove it to get it open. For such an expensive foundation, the packaging should be MUCH better than it is. I'll be buying a pump this time around to avoid those problems. Fortunately I called the Sephora store I bought it from and the lady said she'd send out a replacement right away, which was awesome. I use either e.l.f.'s flat-top powder brush or the Sonia Kashuk flat-top brush (I think they call it a blush brush now?) to apply and both work wonderfully! Much better than applying with my fingers.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2012 5:18:00 AM More reviews by liseyloo

I wasn't expecting full or medium coverage - it's a SHEER foundation.

However I was pleasantly surprised that it does provide enough coverage for some blemishes. The thing I love most about this is that it is SO SO easy to apply and blend, even a child could apply it for you and achieve great results! Also, I LOVE that it doesn't feel heavy and evens out my skin tone (I have a bit of pink in my cheeks). You would of course need to go in with concealer for any under-eye discolouring or noticeable blemishes.

As for the glow part, it does what says: I get a healthy, dewy look from this foundation. However because I don't like to draw attention to the curve of my nose and I tend to get shiny in my T-zone, I apply powder all over which tones down the "glow" but still looks fresh and not like I'm wearing a lot of make up. I like that kind of look as I'm only 19 and don't want to look too "done".

EDIT 12th Jan 2013: I have since discovered Stila Stay All Day foundation which IMHO is even better than this, as I love a velvety, almost-matte finish that still delivers a glow. So, one lippie off as the Sheer Glow is no longer my HG. Also, I have discovered that it oxidizes! Be careful guys!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by crabbyhascrabs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Pros-
Feels nice and light on the skin
Very easy to blend

Cons-
Makes my dry areas look so much worse
Very bad in photos, makes me look like a ghost
Doesn't come with a pump as standard and the lid has a matte coating on it which scrapes off easily and dirt sticks to it