eos Lip Balm Sphere - Summer Fruit

3.4

Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Beeswax (Cire D’abeille), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Natural Flavor, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Fruit Extract, Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit Extract, Linalool

on 5/15/2012 4:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

The scent kind of reminds me of candy. The packing is cute but it gets awkward to apply once you flatten the ball. Unfortunately, this balm is way too waxy and drying for my lips.

on 5/14/2012 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I got a set of three of these as a gift, and I like them. The Summer Fruit balm smells kind of like a mix of peach and cantaloupe. It's nice. Pretty moisturizing. I've definitely used worse balms, but have probably used better, as well. Since I have three of these, I don't see any need to repurchase any time in the near future. I find the packaging a little annoying, only because it takes up too much space in my purse. Once again, this is a product that I wish I could give a 3.5 to.

on 5/7/2012 11:42:00 PM

So, I bought the SummerFruit one, hoping it would be absolutely delicious-smelling, and was seriously let down. It didn't smell like fruit at all. It smelled like wax, or plastic, and tasted like it too. I must've gotten a bad balm, but it's disappointing after spending 3.15 on it. About 2 weeks later (today) I got a mint one, and it smells great. It is a little drying after a while, but it's so fun.

It's disheartening to think that I could try buying another one and it could be that original waxy smell/taste.

on 4/23/2012 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love all the eos lip balms, including this one. It was one of the first ones I tried, and I was very impressed. It smells/tastes good, the packaging is to die for, I love the color, itz not expensive, and it lasts forever! Not only that, itz very natural and organic, which I love! Just plz don't let it fell, if it's opened, it could get all gross and dirty, and if unopened, it could end up rolled away. Careful when using this in a movie theater are any other dark public places XD

on 4/22/2012 10:02:00 PM

I would recommend people to have exfoliated and healthy lips when trying this. EOS provides a VERY light coverage, and unless your lips are free of dead skin cells and all that gunk, you may not experience the full miracle of EOS. :P

---------
I became a fan of EOS about two years ago. I was at first very skeptical about this product because I have tried other brands that were advertised as 100% natural that just didn't cut it for me. I figured that this wouldn't be any different, even if this one is actually certified organic. I assumed it was just hype because of its unique packaging. I finally decided to get 2 while they were on sale, and needless to say, EOS has quickly jumped to the top of the list for favorite lip balms.

Summerfruit was my first, which has an incredibly deliciously sweet scent. The first thing that came to my mind was those peach sugar ring candies that I used to eat as a little kid. You know those peach rings candies that are sugar coated, orange on top, white on the bottom, shape of a donut? Yeah!! I swear the Summerfruit smells just like that. It contains extracts from strawberries, blueberries, and peaches, but I only smell the peach.

In order for a lip balm to even make my short list of top faves, it has to be of high enough quality to fully make every sign of dryness from my lips disappear, and fast! The part of my lips that are always dry is the lining where they meet, probably because of the airflow. EOS did just that! It had managed to make my lips completely soft, with the nice scent and flavor.

Please note that everyone is different, and thus reacts differently. There are a lot of lip balms that have high ratings and is always raved about, but seriously do not work for me. EOS in my opinion is one of the best lip balms I have ever tried, the quality, the scent, the taste, there is very little to talk bad about with this product. Anyway, onto the negatives lol!!!

CONS:
The only cons I can think of is (NOTE that this varies from person to person), before discovering EOS late in the winter, I had used a very heavy thick consistency lip balm to protect my lips from the cold weather. I know some people feel that EOS may be too thick or waxy, but in my opinion, EOS has the lightest coverage I have ever felt. In my opinion, I do not like this very much because I feel that not enough product is on my lips to protect it. Remember that I had been using a heavy lip balm prior. EOS gives me a very natural look, with a very light coverage (I can barely feel it on my lips), but this also impresses me because it manages to keep my lips soft and moisturized, regardless that I can barely feel it on my lips. That is a plus!

The second con is the re-capping process. When I was new to the EOS sphere, I always ended up scraping thin tiny amounts of the product because of clumsy recapping. Of course through time I became more experienced and careful, but I do in fact need to be quite careful whenever I recap. I have never had an EOS that didn't form a scrape line near the base of the ball product. I guess this happens to everyone.

The price also kind of drew me away from even purchasing it in the first place, considering that it would have been the most I have ever spent on a lip balm. However I am glad I did buy it. I am glad that I am getting a good high quality lip balm even if I am paying a bit more.
EOS lip balm for life!!!...or..until they come up with something better. :)

on 4/22/2012 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this product, because it's cute in appearance and smells pretty good. However, I don't, because it's not moisturizing enough and has a waxy texture. Also, after using it for a couple months, it made my lips itchy and turn black. Needless to say, I will not try it again.

on 4/22/2012 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'm on the fence about this. It's different than most lip balms because once applied, there is no significant texture to the product (which isn't necesarily bad) to get the feeling it's doing "something" for the money....seems like a whole lotta nothin' disguised in a cute little contraption....ALTHOUGH my lips have felt really smooth and comfortable since I've been using this everyday. The flavor of the "summer fruit" claims to be a mix of berries and peaches.... yeah well all I'm getting is peach. Really not sure if I'd purchase this in another flavor if the mood strikes, however I think this is a good lip product for guys since it doesn't look glossy on the lips.

on 4/22/2012 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I was so excited to try this because of the cute packaging and great ingredients, but it let me down completely. It honestly wasn't very moisturizing for me at all. I like lip balms that have more of a creamy texture and this one was too waxy for my taste. I've tried dozens and dozens of lip balms, so I know there are a lot of other lip balms better than this. I stopped using it, then on a whim decided to start again after about a month and got an allergic reaction from it the first time I applied it. Weird. Sticking with my Palmer's cocoa butter stick.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

LOVE IT! On my second one :D

on 4/22/2012 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After reading some of the comments here, I'm starting to wonder if maybe the lack of preservatives in this might be screwing people over when they buy products that aren't working their best. I personally love my balm sphere. I have a problem with lots of balms, especially the ones with SPF because I get a really raw uncomfortable, bad tasting feeling at the back of my throat if I apply to much product on (and no, I don't eat it). It doesn't matter how moisturising the balm is, because if I can't wear it because it hurts my throat, I'm not gonna put it on.
Another thing I hate is when my lip balm melts off my lips and smears all over my mouth like I'm a 2 year old applying my mom's lipstick. I have this problem a lot.

I think this is why I love the eos balm so much. It's true that at first it doesn't feel as emollient as some other products, and might even feel waxy - at room temperature, most of the oils in this are ACTUALLY wax. Don't worry though, because if you apply enough of this and take your time, the waxes will melt into very thin and moisturising oils that actually stay where you put them and not migrate all over your face. It also lasts forever. I apply this about twice a day when it's not too cold/windy out, and my lips are comfortable. I can eat and drink with this and now feel my lipbalm is sticking to everything but my lips after. I place the sphere against my lips and let it melt a bit and go over everything a few times. Maybe that'll help other people.

I'd buy this again even though it's more expensive than other brands. Give it a go, if this works for you it's really very nice. Make sure you give the ingredients list a look before you buy this though, to make sure you don't react to any essential oils this might have. Oh, and the flavour is fresh and lovely, and doesn't make my throat uncomfortable. :)

Popular Lip Treatments

Beeswax Lip Balm
Beeswax Lip Balm

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Best To Worst: EOS Lip Balm Review by kaylesTalk

Worth The Hype? | EOS Lip Balm VS. Nivea Milk & Honey Lip Care (Review) 2014 by thatgermangirl08

Top Rated Lip Treatments