October 2, 2014 | 998 users online

Lip Treatments - eos - Lip Balm Sphere - Summer Fruit

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 1:24:00 PM More reviews by xshahdx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely amazing lip balm!

My lips get dry very easily and start to look really crackly and peely (very unattractive) and so I've been on the hunt to find a lip balm that gives me long lasting relief. I've used all the top recommended drugstore lip products including Vaseline, Carmex, Nivea and Burt's Bees. However, with all of them, I found that they would be really thick and moisturizing for an hour or two and then leave your drips even drier than before, regardless of their claims of healthy ingredients. They also all left a nasty white residue line on the inside of my lips and were way too thick and gloopy to apply under lipstick. I would find myself constantly applying lip balm all day in order to keep my lips moisturized, and if not, I was rubbing my lips together to keep the lip product evenly distributed. After I saw all the good reviews on here and on youtube for this eos lip balm, I thought I'd try it out. I read the reviews of the different flavours and found that the Summer Fruit one was the most popular. They don't sell it in the UK so I had to order it online, but it was still at a very good price (£3 i think?).

I absolutely LOVE the packaging! It's a super cute round ball with an easy twist off lid. It fits easily into my purse and whenever I pull it out everyone is always amazed that it's a lip balm (especially as there's nothing similar to it here in the UK). It's very hygienic as you don't have to put your fingers into it, and it rolls on smoothly onto your lips.

The smell is gorgeous - really fresh and summery - kind of like peaches. (It also tastes great - I accidentally licked some :P )

When you apply it, it's a very think layer on your lips that moisturizes them the perfect amount. You can't notice it's there so you don't lick/rub your lips constantly and it doesn't leave them looking really wet or as if you have lip gloss on (like Vaseline). I would say it makes your lips look really smooth and natural, like you haven't got anything on them. One swipe in the morning lasts for a very long time. When it fades away, it doesn't leave the white residue that other products do. It's perfect to apply under lipstick.

After reading the ingredients online, I found that they were 95% organic and 100% natural, which pleased me even more as I knew I wasn't applying manufactured, processed, plasticy rubbish onto my lips. Also, non of their products are tested on animals which is an added bonus.

The only disadvantage I can think of is that it doesn't have an SPF which is a shame because it would've made this product perfect! Also, I am aware that some people won't like the smell or will find that it doesn't make your lips shiny enough, but I found that the tiny hint of a shine is the perfect look a lip balm should give - very natural.

I will definitely be buying more of this when mine runs out and I'm looking forward to trying the other flavours!

Overall, I think this is probably the best lip balm on the drugstore side and if you're not willing to pay too much. If you're sick of the petroleum jelly and buttery type lip balms, definitely give this one a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 7:38:00 AM More reviews by purpleliciousx

I love this lip balm for my lips! It moisturizes my lips. I love the packaging it's adorable. I believe it's enough product and it's cheap! Personally I like the smell, it smells fruity BUT than to me it smells like wax/plastic. Some will enjoy the scent and others won't. My friend said that it smells like armpits. LOL If your into fruity scents go with this one. If not try one of the other ones. Overall great lip balm! :]

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2012 2:14:00 PM More reviews by dejavudu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got these on sale 2 for $5 at ulta this week. Great lip balm and primer before I put on lipstick. Smells like peach and mango. Its smooth and creamy. I love that you can see how much product is left and that it contains more than regular chapsticks. I will go back and purchase the other flavors.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2012 11:36:00 AM More reviews by scarletsecretz

I don't see what's the hype about these lip balms. Yes, it does smell like wonderful peaches and the packaging is adorable. But that's just about it. The first layer of the product is difficult to work with, its sooo dry. And this lip balm does not moisturize my lips AT ALL. Even my drugstore nivea ones are way better. Application on the lips feels like a layer of wax. Price is a little steep for a lip balm too. Do not buy this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by SarahMcD

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

The smell and taste of this remind me of rotten peaches. The balm is stiff on my lips and not at all moisturizing, I love the adorable orb shape, but in reality it makes it hard to apply as the balm itself is a huge blob. I much prefer Alba or Burt's Bees for a relatively natural drugstore balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2012 9:01:00 PM More reviews by karynelaine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this! The packaging is adorable. It smells like peaches and papayas to me, which I absolutely love. It also taste kind of sweet.

A few days ago when i first bought this, I had incredibly dry, cracked, and bleeding lips. It's repaired my lips entirely! I'm so impressed.

I would definitely recommend this product to friends and family. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 12:40:00 PM More reviews by clairer720

I love the smell of this! And the packaging is adorable but not the best for carrying in your pocket. This makes my lips very soft and it doesn't dry them out. The cap of mine doesn't go on quite right but it sill stays on perfectly! I would recommend this to everyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2012 11:31:00 PM More reviews by wovenbyrd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE THE SMELL !
It reminds me of summer and juicy peaches.
The formula is thick enough to be used in the winter and light enough to be used in the summer. This one is a little more expensive but it contains a good amount of product.
When i first used it my lips were supper chapped and immediately after I applied, the dry skin just flaked off like I had just exfoliated. This left just smooth, baby soft lips. LOVE IT <3

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by tricianguyenn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. It's slightly pricey, but it's still in a good range, since it contains a lot more lip balm than the normal stick. I would buy it again because it's mostly organic and natural, and the scent is amazing. It smells of peaches mostly, but there's an undertone that I can't describe. Another pro of it is that the application is pretty smooth and light; you don't feel it much while you're wearing it. It lasts about an hour or two, and though it's not great for very dry, already chapped lips, it's nice for making your lips smoother and softer. Lastly, I love the packaging. It's very original and unique, and fun to play with and easy to find. It feels smooth and is easy to grip. However, it's a little hard to clean.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by BeautyAndTheBlush

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this lip balm because it has a very sweet and fruity smell, it makes my lips smooth and sets a base for my lipstick and gloss, and the packaging is super cute! I was studying for exams and was so stressed out, then I smelled this lip balm and I don't know why, but the scent is so lovely that I just couldn't put it down! It's just an overall great product to carry around in either your purse or pocket, especially in the winter when your lips can easily get dry! I give it a 4/5 because I feel like I have to reapply this lip balm a lot since it stays on my for about an hour, but that's perfectly fine to me since I'm in LOVE with this stuff!!!