November 24, 2014 | 1984 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2011 12:20:00 AM More reviews by LandersPistol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Cheekbones in a cardboard box.

Hate the packaging, but I love what I can make it do for my face! With the right brush and the perfect amount of blending I believe this should work on many different skin tones. I'm a NC25 and this has reached HG status for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by LetsSwap

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well I never thought I'd live to see the day when I'd like ANY Benefit product. Every single one I've tried has turned out to be a major fail. But -HELLO HOOLA! After trying many bronzers (see my reviews just for a sampler) I wanted to see if this cult fave would make the cut. Sure enough, it gives me a real, tanned, healthy look :)
At this point, I don't care about the gimmicky packaging, flimsy or otherwise, just as long as the product's good, and that it is. Nice and matte, buildable, and NOT muddy-looking at all. And it shows up on my face, which is notorious for absorbing color into nothingness (NC35). Even MAC & NARS bronzers haven't performed as well for me.
Though pricey, it's highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by ladiihpnotiiq

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My absolute favourite bronzer!

For reference I have a very neutral skintone which is difficult to match products with as things are either too pink, too pale or too yellow. I usually use anywhere from NC20 - NC30 in MAC makeup, and the closest match for my skinetone that I've found so far is Real Sand 08 in Prescriptives Virtual Skin makeup.

I've tried a lot of bronzers, and am never really all that happy with them because of the skintone struggles I mentioned above. My latest was Laguna by Nars, which I've used for the last 3 years as even though I wasn't entirely happy with the product (it was a bit too pink for my liking), the compact was large and lasted a long time so i just stuck with it. It finally ran out so I started the search for a new bronzer. I am a Benefit lover and have started converting my makeup collection from Mac and Nars only to predominently Benefit, so I decided to search within this brand for the bronzer, and after reading all of the Hoola reviews, I took the leap and bought this as it was only $16 NZD.

It's a very neutral bronzer, and applies very sheer, but is buildable. It's also matte, which is perfect for someone like me with extremely oily skin (I know, I won the genetic lottery!). I really cannot rave enough about the colour and price, and I will definitely be purchasing Hoola again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2011 6:29:00 PM More reviews by jessical5183

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Decent. Not an HG for me. I don't love it or hate it. When I first bought it, for the first week, it made my skin itch like a beast. No breakouts or anything, no rash or bumps, but it itched soooooo much. I'm assuming that's from the heavy talc in it. Eventually that went away, though, when my skin got used to it. Thank goodness I didn't have any flareups.

I have very fair skin, so this is a difficult color for me to pull off, even as a contour. I tried to make it work every which way I could, just because so many other people love it. I finally gave up when I'd received one too many comments that my cheeks looked "dirty". No way, Jose. That was all I needed to hear to retire this stuff indefinitely. If I happen to get a bit of color in the summer months, I'll pull this back out again.

It's very very pigmented so one must be very careful when applying it. Use a light hand. Don't use a dense brush. And maybe use this prior to powdering your face, so that maybe your setting powder will diffuse the color of the bronzer a bit. It's really intense and very tricky to get right....at least for fair-light skin tones. I imagine anyone medium and deeper would love this.

It has no shimmer, and it lasts. In itself, it's a great product. Just not the best color for us all. I've resorted to using my Marcelle Velvety Powder Blush in "Natural" as my bronzer now. It works perfectly with my pale skin and I can use it as a contour or a blush, depending on my needs.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2011 5:29:00 PM More reviews by princess101

This is a great matte bronzer and has no warm tones in it. I do like to use this for a contour colour in the warmer months, in the hollows of my cheeks, temples/forhead and under my chin. This shade also makes a great natural eyeshadow for the crease and is very longlasting and easy to blend. It is quite pigmented, so a little goes a long way. I would suggest applying with a fluffier brush for even distribution and blending.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2011 10:34:00 PM More reviews by snow7kids

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have fair skin...I don't use a bronzer all over my face as I am not into the tan look. I use bronzer under my blush to make my cheeks pop. I read the reviews on Hoola and it sounded perfect....looking for a bronzer with NO shimmer since I like to add my shimmer/highlighter myself. So, I go to Ulta today (I prefer Sephora but Ulta was giving away a free gift with purchase) and looked at Hoola in person. It didn't look like anything special in the display...it was lined up with all their other colors and I thought Hoola looked drab. I bought it due to all the good reviews and figured I could return it if it didn't work out. Well, it did work out. I love it. After throwing away the lame brush that it comes with I swiped it on my cheeks (a LIGHT hand is needed with this color on fair skin)...topped it with a pinkish blush over that and High Beam on top of all that goodness. Very nice indeed.

EDIT: I do like this bronzer BUT I could understand someone with fair skin not liking it. I use it as a first layer...sort of like a contour...and use my blush over it and then add my glow..IF I were to use Hoola by itself and not do anything else, I wouldn't like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2011 2:36:00 AM More reviews by mjs14

Hoola is the bronzer I always go back to. It is a wonderful, dark bronze, matte shade that compliments many skin tones. The only people I wouldn't recommend it to are those with very fair complexions, because it may be a little too dark. It is quite expensive, around $25, but it lasts forever and is high-quality. It won't make skin breakout, and it doesn't shatter and crumble like other cheap bronzers. The packaging is great, I love how it comes in a little sturdy box. The brush that it comes with isn't the best, I would recommend using a kabuki brush or something round and puffy.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2011 7:15:00 PM More reviews by KMSA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This bronzer is actually a little dark for me, but I buy it purely for the reason that it's the only bronzer I've ever had that doesn't break in the palette! Good colour pay off, so it lasts ages, but you need a light touch. Of course all Benefit's packaging is adorable. On the pricey side, but I find it good value because you can use it all the way to the end...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 4:42:00 AM More reviews by fionamimi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I personally think Hoola can be beautiful on anybody! I love how it naturally bronzes, instead of crazy shimmers like other brands. This was my first benefit blush color and I loved it, and got the other colors.

It last forever so I do think it's a great buy and a must have.

I wish they would make an empty hole palette for their blushes, because I kind of don't like the box method..

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2011 11:28:00 PM More reviews by SabrinaWoods

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

HG colour for countouring. Matte and gives me those sculpted cheek bones I wish I had sans makeup, lol. Looks beautiful in photographs. Apply with a small angled bblush brush and really blend out then go over it with a kabuki for it to be really blended. Not a big fan of Benefit's box powder packaging, get's dirty/ugly fast.