October 22, 2014 | 2089 users online

Treatments (Face) - SKII - Facial Treatment Essence

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2003 12:57:00 PM More reviews by jessloh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I agreed that this essence smells wierd. I'm not too sure about the long term effects either but is hoping that it will deliver what it promises to do given the sky high price. I only use this at night and so far, my skin experiences softness and improved texture and elasticity after usage. If it keeps up with the performance, I will definately repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2003 9:14:00 AM More reviews by ellen_77

This essence is really a good buy among the SKII products , rich in pitera and after using this for some days , my face look more clearer , radiant! Finally , there's an improvement in my skin , i was soooo happy and would definitely buy this again and again , its worth it ! Thumbs Up for this!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2003 1:46:00 PM More reviews by babyflite

This is meant to be used after toner and before your moisturizer but since its summer now I tend to skip the moisturizer sometimes. I've been using this for only about a week and a half so I cant comment much on the long term effectiveness but my face does seem to look clearer ever since I started using this. It has a funny smell to it but it disappears soon after application. Hate the packaging of this though. Such a hassle to have to pour it out onto your palms and pat it on your face. And its too expensive to be wasted by using a cotton pad with it. In the end I tried the suggestion of a MUAer and poured it into a little spritzer bottle. I like this method much better. Less hassle and feels really refreshing too.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2002 6:16:00 PM More reviews by kimkim5

To fairly judge if it was working, I tried this without changing the rest of my routine. My skin texture inproved, blackheads decreased, and my red marks and inflammation *disappeared*. But my skin is oily and acne prone so I could only, only, only use it in a spritz bottle, or my skin felt clogged and wouldn't improve.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2002 5:29:00 PM More reviews by parangbird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this!!!!
It smells strange though but i got used to it and eventually end up liking it!!
BUT THIS IS NOT A TONER. FT clear lotion is a toner-alike in this line. To get the best result, better use that before this. I have been using this line for 7 months and my skin is the best ever!! And it is getting better and better!!!! I am so happy with it..I only hope it is not that expensive.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2002 4:26:00 AM More reviews by KyoKo

The price doesn't bother me if it is really a very good product. However, sk2 contains pitera which makes ur skin addicted to their product and thus ur skin cannot use other products anymore ( tat's wat i heard ). Of course, if my skin becomes really smooth and clear after using their product, i wont mind using their product for life. However, my skin broke out a lot after using sk2 products. I am not sure if it is the cleanser or the essence, but i was only using these two products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2002 3:44:00 AM More reviews by msjene

Age:30
Skin Type: Combination/Oily with occasional breakouts & surface dehydration. Live in humid climate.

Original Review:
I LOVE this product. It's a very different treatment, but it's working for my oily/dehydrated skin so far. Granted, I've only used it for two days, but I notice a difference in my skin already! It's much smoother, less oily and more even toned. My makeup looks flawless longer too. I DO however, use La Mer over it at night for a bit more moisture. I'm enjoying my SK-II products thus far and will update later.

UPDATE: After over a month of consistant use...I reduced my rating from a 5 to a 3 (fickle aren't I?). I enjoyed the product, but for the price, it just isn't worth it. My skin still broke out and had dry patches. In it's defense, I have post-pregnancy skin that has been freaking out lately. Mario Badescu and Skin Biology products have helped those problems.

UPDATE: Since I stopped using this essence, my breakouts got worse. I started using it again and they got better. I'm using it in combination with CP Serum (great for healing, not prevention) and my skin is evening out. I just wish it wasn't so expensive!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2002 12:32:00 AM More reviews by rhg1

I bought this along with practically the whole range of SKII.(what can I say, I read a thousand raves in the press). I used the products religiously.Nothing. No improvement to my skin whatsoever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2002 8:37:00 PM More reviews by visee

Fantastic product! I simply love how it leaves my skin really soft and plump. I'm into my second bottle already. I use it in place of moisturiser and it works great for my combi skin. Although it's pricey, a bottle can last pretty long. Tried the other SKII products but I think the treatment essence is the most effective of the range.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2002 5:23:00 AM More reviews by SunnyBunny

After enduring for 2 years, finally caved in to try the smaller size of the SKII essence. My skin at the time is slightly peeling, dry and yet oily. This is not a toner, despite feeling like water. It does hydrate skin, without any heaviness. Like to use it in the morning and just skip moisturizer. I'd say, good for sensitive oily skins too.