Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion

4.3

Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (1.25%) (Skin Protectant) Inactive Ingredients: Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour (Oat), Benzyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Petrolatum, Sodium Chloride, Water

on 4/20/2008 9:54:00 AM

I live in Maine, dry and cold during the winter, and this saved my skin. Wish it hadn't taken me so long to try it. I don't always have a lot of faith that d/s products will do much. I had used Vaseline's cocoa lotion most of the winter but then when the worst of the winter came it wasn't enough. This product is not liquidy or runny. It is nice and thick but not greasy at all. Lovely texture. I do need to use a lot to get it all over. So I'll prob have to repurchase more quickly than I'd thought. Relieves the dryness and itchiness for me all day. My skin feels nice and smooth, not totally as a result of this one product, but I'm sure it helps a lot. It has zero scent to me, which is nice.

on 4/15/2008 2:12:00 PM

I wasn't sure which product was the oatmeal moisturizing cream, so I'm putting this in the lotion section, but a couple of years ago I went on a cruise around the Mediterranean and got severe sun burn to the point where I couldn't do anything, the pain was unbearable. Anyway I used this product and although it smelt a bit funny and was a little greasy, it worked wonders and helped relieve a lot of the pain and helped heal my skin.

on 4/13/2008 12:19:00 AM

I just bought this product and I'm in Love with it. It makes my skin feel so smooth, it doesn't smell, has SPF 15 and best part it's not greasy. I have very dry legs and used to use Curel but it was soo greasy and afterward when I wash my hands it feels soapy. I would highly recommenced this product to everyone. =)

on 4/12/2008 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is one thing I cannot live without. When you're living in Canada where during the winter -30 is not an abnormal temperature, you get completely dried out. I love using this lotion after a shower to keep myself moisturized and free from itchiness. The smell isn't too bad, it doesn't really smell like anything, but if I want an added scent I just add a little bit of scented lotion to it and it does the trick. This stuff is the best for dry skin.

on 3/31/2008 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

I always love aveeno product and when I had rebate coupon for this product at costco I give it a try to bought it,its cheap tho,only about $10 for 2 big bottle, at first i didn't like it because its greasy and smell like glue,i prefer to use my TBS and BBW body lotion.But this lotion is effective to reduce my itchy and crack on my leg.Since I read so many good review about this i'll use it again

on 3/29/2008 8:36:00 PM

I LOVE Aveeno products. This lotion is one of my staples. I live in the Midwest and it is perfect all year round. In the summer months I even use it on my face after swimming in a pool or being out in the sun too long. The only thing that could make this product better is if Aveeno started using organic products.

on 3/28/2008 9:48:00 PM

This product is definitely a good product to have on hand all the time. I moved from the west coast to the east coast and I never realized how much the use of heaters can dry out your skin. My mom has always used Aveeno, and she cares a LOT about her skin, and I'm glad that I brought a tube with me as well. No scratchy, cracking skin for me!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This broke me out. When applied to the rest of the body, it left me feeling sticky...not smooth at all. The only pros are probably the natural ingredients.

on 3/24/2008 11:16:00 AM

Works pretty good, doesn't clog pores. I do not care for the way it smells. Doesn't break me out. My husband really likes this stuff and it was recommended to him when he was in HS by his dermatologist, so this is his HG, but not mine.

I use this whenever my eczema acts up, or just if my legs are the super-itchy sort of dry.

It does a good job of moisturizing, and it really calms down any inflammation--like it promises to do (it's the oatmeal that does it!). The dimethicone in it does a good job of sealing in moisture, although it can leave a little bit of a film sometimes--but that was only when I got too enthusiastic with my amounts.

I didn't take off for this in my scoring, since I bought the generic version and I suspect this is the problem, but the smell is TERRIBLE. It smells just like the alcohol wipes they use on your arm before giving you an injection--it's a very, very stingy, medical smell, though I've never experienced any reaction from it.

Great for tired, sensitive skin.