July 25, 2014 | 1995 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Daily Moisturizing Lotion

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2007 10:45:00 PM More reviews by enfantmignon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Before I began using this lotion my eczema was unmanageable: either my skin was dry and itchy, or moist and itchy. I very nearly scratched myself to death! I went through many different brands of lotions and a slew of topical steroids to no avail. This keeps it all under control. I gently pat my skin dry when I get out of the tub/shower and immediately apply this to my legs, neck, and arms (the trouble spots). It absorbs quickly without any greasy or tacky feel. I've been loyal to this for years and highly recommend it, especially to those with eczema. I've even tried out the famous Kiehl's Creme de Corps, which is nice, but still irritates my skin if applied directly out of the shower, which is when I need the moisture anyway. I only use the basic version regularly, though the lavender version for babies is nice and the mentholated version is good for treating any rashes I may get when I don't follow my regimen (rare--I know better). Had a terrible reaction to Positively Smooth, though. I don't recommend that one for sensitive skin, but know people who quite like it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2007 6:56:00 PM More reviews by eriven

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have dry, sensitive, breakout-prone skin. I used to have a facial moisturizer that was lovely. It moisturized my skin and caused no ill effects, without leaving that "heavy" feeling. As luck would have it, it's been discontinued. Ever since then, I've been searching for the elusive perfect moisturizer (for me at least). I don't have a big budget, so I started with drugstore brands. Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion does a great job moisturizing my skin, and I have no rashes or breakouts because of it. However, it feels "heavy" on my skin. Still, it's the most moisturizing I've come across. Until I find my perfect moisturizer mate, I'll keep using this every other day or only as a night cream. I've given it a 3, but it's really closer to a 3.5.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2007 4:25:00 PM More reviews by curlystraw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best moisturizer ever. When I put it on I can literally feel myself tingle, like I didn't know it was possible to FEEL your skin getting moisturized but I did. Very light, absorbs quickly (you can't feel any residue or greasiness), effective for a long time, and it's a good smell for something without fragrance.
I completely hate every other moisturizer I've used compared to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2007 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Velma58

This is a fantastic daily moisturizer. Doesn't feel tacky and soaks into skin very quickly. It actually lasts all through the day and doesn't clog pores. This moisturizer is great after you shave as well. I used to use Burt's Bee's lotions, and Aveeno has them beat hands down.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2007 4:11:00 PM More reviews by skagirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best lotion I've used! I only use it for my hands though. I have very very dry hands. Especially in the winter, my hands get dry, ashy, cracked, and sometimes bleed from the cracked skin. Before I used to use Neutrogena Hand Creme, but that one was too thick and sticky (it left an awful feeling on my hands). But then I started using Aveeno. OMG, within a couple of days, my hands were smooth and soft. The lotion didnt leave a sticky or greasy feeling, just soft and fresh. And, during the wonter, my hands didnt get cracked or ashy at all! It was the first winter where my hands were smooth. I LOVE this lotion!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2007 11:52:00 PM More reviews by ssnowkelly

I live in upstate NY and have really bad winter itchy skin. My doctor recommended this lotion and it is by far the best one I have ever used for helping my dry itchy skin. I used to scratch my skin so much it would bleed in the winter but since I have used this lotion (about 3 years) I have not had a problem. I do not find the scent offensive at all and it doesn't interfere with my perfumes etc. . Also I like that it is not at all greasy or sticky, it is very natural feeling. I would highly recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2007 11:22:00 AM More reviews by AnApologyFromEllenOlenska

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't get the negative reviews. This is a good lotion, and I HATE lotion in general (yep I sweat like a pig). Seriously. This is the only stuff that ever touches certain of my body parts on those rare instances when lotion is needed--like sub-freezing temps from mid-January to mid-February. I do keep a bottle on my desk and on my nightstand and apply it to slightly damp hands twice a day--that's all I need to keep my hands in decent shape. I find it soaks in quickly and isn't greasy; that's the whole reason I've stuck with it for 3+ years. As for all the comments on the smell. . . what smell? It says "Fragrance Free" on the bottle, and from what my nose tells me, it IS fragrance free. If you want pretty-smelling stuff (not to mention greasy lotions), go to VS or The Body Shop or Bath & Body Works.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2007 12:13:00 PM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

It has a terrible smell to it like oatmeal mixed with hot plastic. If your bothered about what you smell like when you go outdoors don't use this product. Also the oatmeal in it broke rme out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2007 7:24:00 PM More reviews by lipcrazy

Not really all that impressed. It does have a strange scent, which I would describe as being "industrial oatmeal". I normally don't take issue with lotions that take a little longer to sink in (curel), however I have to say that this product does not sink in at all! It leaves you feeling greasy and sticky. Thankfully, on me it lasted a mere 5 hours (the bottle claims 24 hours).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2007 8:33:00 PM More reviews by petitchou

I love this lotion. I have super sensitive skin (prone to eczema) that reacts poorly to most lotions out there (either i break out in ezcema or acne). I have been using this every day for years right after getting out of the shower and in conjunction with exfoliating once or twice a week my skin feels like silk.