October 31, 2014 | 1196 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Daily Moisturizing Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2007 3:30:00 AM More reviews by pink_cosmos

This is the best lotion I have used. It's quite thick in consistency but spreads very easily. I use it all over my body and 6 pumps is enough because it is very moisturising. I've used a LOT of body lotions in the past and this one appealed to me because
1) The fragrance is VERY subtle - slight oatmeal smell, but I'd say it smells more like sorbolene (but better) and I dont feel like it's going to compete with my perfumes
2) It's non-comedogenic - which means I can use it on my chest without having to worry about getting any pimples. I dont normally break out in that area normally but there have been a couple of moisturisers that triggered it.
3) It's thick and moisturising but absorbs very readily in the skin. It doesn't leave a film like a lot of moisturisers and I feel like it's actually getting in there and moisturising instead of just sitting on top of my skin.
4) The packaging is very convenient. It's a pump bottle, but what makes it different is that you only need to twist it slightly in one direction to "open" it, and then twist it back the other direction to "close" it. The outer packaging is quite nice too because it has a "grip" to it. With other plastic containers for body lotions, I find that after applying moisturiser on, the container feels very slippery (obviously because of the lotion on your hands), but the aveeno container - well, I dont know how to describe it, I just like it!
5) Also, I think this would be very suitable for people who have sensitive skin. Not a lot of fragrance, it's a very basic moisturiser and it has oatmeal, which is good for a variety of skin conditions such as dryness, eczema and dermatitis.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2007 9:15:00 PM More reviews by prismakitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have eczema and allergies. This product did moisturize my skin, but my skin did breakout from it. I got red patches all over my legs because of this product. Will not buy again. The scent is also terrible. I recommend the Aveeno baby formula moisturizing lotion for those who have very sensitive skin, that one worked much better for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2007 9:47:00 AM More reviews by phatsjunx

A waste of money. I only used it once and I wish I didn't throw away the receipt. I thought it would be a good lotion but it smells gross and feels sticky and gross on my body. No wonder it was on clearance at Walmart.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2007 12:19:00 AM More reviews by xiphoid

This is by far the best lotion I have found. My skin tends to get dry, especially in the winter (when I will get eczema if it gets too dry). I can't go a single day without moisturizing my entire body. I've tried a lot of different lotions, and my complaints are either that they are too greasy, or don't moisturize enough. I also won't buy a body moisturizer unless it is noncomedogenic, because I will break out otherwise. When I found the Aveeno moisturizer, I decided to try it out, because I tend to like their products. The lotion feels thick coming out of the pump, but it applies very easily. It absorbs well, and actually keeps me feeling moisturized all day and night. The packaging says it lasts for 24 hours, and I would have to say that is accurate. It also contains dimethicone, which is something I like to see, because it adds protection without oil and pore clogging. This stuff will leave your skin quenched, but it won't leave an oil slick at all. As I said, though, it's thick, and won't wash off your hands without some soaping up. That is a good thing, as I see it, because it's actually working. I carry around the smaller bottles to use on my hands during the day. My only gripe is that when the lotion level gets low, the pump won't reach it anymore and I have to shake it out because there is usually way too much left to throw up. No biggie, but still a little annoying. Other than that, I swear by this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2007 6:03:00 AM More reviews by pinkpanther_1990

this is one of my fav moisturises, i've tried palmers cocoa butter, st ives ranges, vaseline ranges, eucerin, bio oil and steoriod creams. so it must be doing something good! i have quite bad excema and the cream is quickly absorb but i dont use at night because it tends to be too heavy and i'l get too hot and sticky in bed plus the smell doesnt bother me as i've gotten use to it!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2007 10:58:00 PM More reviews by softgrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

me no likey. smells gross, feels gross and the packaging is gross.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2007 11:09:00 PM More reviews by whiteblossom234

This lotion is okay....it moisturizes all right. The only real problem I have with it is the smell. It says fragrance free but it has this plastic, oatmeal smell to it that was really unpleasant while I applied it. But I guess I'm part of the minority that really doesn't like the smell....

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2007 12:07:00 AM More reviews by happymerlot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Overall, this is a great all-purpose hand/body lotion. I would use it on my face if it didn't have isopropyl palmitate, which clogs pores. I really prefer the smell of the name brand to the generic in this case, and the cost isn't much more. The pump works well until the last fifth or so, and then I usually have to cut it open or something. The tube is nice, and is more portable, so either one is good. If it weren't for the one, pesky ingredient, it would have a 5 out of 5 since I could use it on my face. Other than that, it's one of my favorites, and feels really nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2007 10:45:00 PM More reviews by enfantmignon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Before I began using this lotion my eczema was unmanageable: either my skin was dry and itchy, or moist and itchy. I very nearly scratched myself to death! I went through many different brands of lotions and a slew of topical steroids to no avail. This keeps it all under control. I gently pat my skin dry when I get out of the tub/shower and immediately apply this to my legs, neck, and arms (the trouble spots). It absorbs quickly without any greasy or tacky feel. I've been loyal to this for years and highly recommend it, especially to those with eczema. I've even tried out the famous Kiehl's Creme de Corps, which is nice, but still irritates my skin if applied directly out of the shower, which is when I need the moisture anyway. I only use the basic version regularly, though the lavender version for babies is nice and the mentholated version is good for treating any rashes I may get when I don't follow my regimen (rare--I know better). Had a terrible reaction to Positively Smooth, though. I don't recommend that one for sensitive skin, but know people who quite like it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2007 6:56:00 PM More reviews by eriven

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have dry, sensitive, breakout-prone skin. I used to have a facial moisturizer that was lovely. It moisturized my skin and caused no ill effects, without leaving that "heavy" feeling. As luck would have it, it's been discontinued. Ever since then, I've been searching for the elusive perfect moisturizer (for me at least). I don't have a big budget, so I started with drugstore brands. Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion does a great job moisturizing my skin, and I have no rashes or breakouts because of it. However, it feels "heavy" on my skin. Still, it's the most moisturizing I've come across. Until I find my perfect moisturizer mate, I'll keep using this every other day or only as a night cream. I've given it a 3, but it's really closer to a 3.5.