November 23, 2014 | 1937 users online

Makeup Brushes - Everyday Minerals - New Flat Top Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2007 12:22:00 AM More reviews by when_in_hell

Best brush for applying foundation in the EM line (I have the premium kabuki and the premium foundation brushes). Minimal shedding, provides an even application, and is a great value if you get it with one of their kits. If you're on a tight budget, this brush is for sure the way to go.
Only qualms are it can be the slightest bit scratchy on the skin, and is a little smaller than I would like.
I myself invested in a Smashbox 19 brush, and am hooked.

UPDATE: Just recieved my new synthetic flat top brush. Much softer than the previous one, but about half the size. Good for applying heavily in concentrated areas (I use it in my t-zone and cheeks, where I need extra coverage), but is a little inconvenient when trying to apply a full face. I hope they come out with a bigger version of this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2007 11:18:00 AM More reviews by kkrebs

This brush is excellent. I have the Premium kabuki, the mini kabuki, the shooshco kabuki. The Flat Top is my fav !!!!!!!! So easy to use. I also LOVE the Premium Eve Dual Fiber Brush for applying blush. EM brushes are excellent!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2007 11:16:00 PM More reviews by adornedwithgrace

There are two standouts in the EM Brush line: the foundation brush and this one!
It is softer than the premium kabuki & powder brush and the hairs on it seem more dense than the kabuki. It's not quite as soft as my fake 187, but I like it just as well and have begun to interchange the two. I don't know if I would use this for blushes unless it was an all over face color since I think it would pick up a lot of pigment and most mineral blushes have so much you really need a skunk brush to apply. This is one I believe I will buy again, or rather, choose as one of my options in the Custom Kits.
I have not had any problem with excessive shedding. I may lose a hair or two every now and then, but nothing worse than other non-EM brushes I've tried. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2007 8:28:00 AM More reviews by LovelyNo5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow, this brush is amazing! It was actually the only thing in my new Everyday Kit that wasn't a disappointment (I didn't like the new jars, the Sunday Brunch blush was not the color I hoped it would be and the foundation colors have changed since I ordered them in mini-sizes in January. The silk powder was okay I guess, but not something I'd rave about. I guess that having found Alima nothing else will ever compare.) This brush soooooo soft, it's unbelievable. And in addition to being the softest brush I've ever used, it makes the minerals go on flawlessly, leaving me totally poreless and smooth. I'm waiting for Alima's #25 brush in the mail and I'm really looking forward to comparing the two. But for now this is my absolute favorite brush of all time for applying minerals.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2007 2:38:00 AM More reviews by laur_8706

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love this brush. I usually use EM's premium kabuki and love it also but i decided to try this one too. It's extremely soft, the right shape and size, and it buffs in my foundation perfectly. And for me it did not shed at all. Plus, it's a great deal if you get it as part of a kit as I did.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2007 6:34:00 PM More reviews by nyomya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

See my brushes pictures under profile. I got this from starter kit. I love my BE heavenly face brush but hate EDM's kabui so I chose this flat top brush for my kit. It was smelly and too much shedding out of the package. Other than shedding, it is good for applying EDM powder foundation. The handle has the right size, 0.75" shorter than BE. I won't pay $12 plus shipping alone from EDM as I can get BE heavenly face brush, made with soft goat hair, with the same price including shipping from ebay.

UPDATED 4/15/07: After washing a few times, it doesn't shed that much. Added one more lippie.

UPDATED: I contacted EM CS to replace my old flat top brushes with new version and I promptly received new brushes without any costs. This pic is old and new flat top brushes: