October 23, 2014 | 2041 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2009 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Ellababy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has to be my favorite lip balm i have, i've tried about every chapstick/ lip balm out on the market, and for me this is by far the best. I have friends that don't think it's that great, and other's that hate it, but for my lips it's heaven. I have about 5 of these laying around, in each car, and in my main purses, it's a must have. My lips are naturally very pigmented so the color doesn't exactly show up, but its nice to know its there, the smell actually smells really good to me, but i can see how to others it may be mehhh. Overall, i Love this product, and the best thing about it? If you put it on under a lipgloss, the staying power of the lipgloss improves, and the overall finish is amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2009 11:46:00 PM More reviews by LucieFurr

I love this stuff I have one for every purse I carry.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2009 10:35:00 PM More reviews by kkat0307

I love this lip balm. It gives my lips a nice tint that enhances my lip color and moisturizes nicely. I use it every day and haven't gotten sick of it yet. I don't find the smell to be that strong or unpleasant, but I can smell the pomegranate slightly.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2009 9:05:00 PM More reviews by xenon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this from walmart for about 3 bucks. I have heard so much about burts bees that I was excited to try it out. I don't mind the smell so much and it is slightly tinted but to me, it does not moisturize enough. The formula doesn't go on smoothly and I feel like i have to reapply after a couple hours. I have the regular burts bees but haven't tried it yet. Maybe that one will be better.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2009 9:03:00 PM More reviews by psyqotika

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have never tried any Burts Bees lip balms before so when I saw this one on sale at Target for $1.50, I was really excited for I've heard great things about Burt's Bees lip balms. Well, I have to say that I absolutely LOVE this lip balm!!! It's so moisturizing, glides so smoothly onto my lips, and it stays on to moisturize for a long time. I also love the very, very, very slight tint that this lip balm gives. It's hardly noticeable - but I do have naturally pigmented lips so maybe that's why - but I love it! I will go back and stock up on this balm for sure! I think I might want to try out the regular Burts Bees balm too now. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2009 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Gardenia24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this is my favorite of all the burt's balms...smooth application, not too thick, with a hint of color for your lips. nice pomegranate smell, too.

pros: best of the burt's balms, in my opinion.
cons: can be pricey depending on location. amazon is usually the best deal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2009 6:34:00 PM More reviews by vintagequeengf1

This is my favorite lip balm from the Burt's Bees line and my favorite commercial lip balm. I find that it goes on very smoothly and feels great on. My only complaint with the original Burt's Bees lip balm is that it is waxy and does not go on smoothly, which makes sense because beeswax is the #1 ingredient, while in the pomegranate version, sunflower seed oil is the #1 ingredient (so it isn't as waxy as the original and should go on smoother). I LOVE the color too; very subtle and sheer, and it makes my lips look naturally red (not like they are red from lipstick). The only thing I don't like is the flavor. It isn't bad, but it is rather heavy and perfumed for my taste. I wish BB would just leave out the flavor, this balm doesn't need it! This minor detail isn't enough to keep from loving this balm, and I will continue to repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2009 4:52:00 AM More reviews by kettyserene

This lip balm isn't as nice as the original peppermint kind because it doesn't apply as easily as the other and there's no minty tingle. I do like the pomegranate smell though (although other reviewers hate it) and it makes me feel good having pomegranate in my lip balm because I love pomegranates.

I didn't expect the balm to be red...and it is red, so yes, don't apply too much or your lips will be all funny colored.

I would buy this again because I just love burt's bees and I love pomegranates, and this product is still better than most lip balms out there. I like to alternate it with the original peppermint balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2009 11:11:00 PM More reviews by cullenette

This is my favorite lip balm out of all that I've tried, even the Beeswax Lip Balm. At first I hated the smell but after a while it really grew on me. This product is super moisturizing, keeping my lips very soft even through New England winters. It also give your lips a shiny reddish tint that is very flattering. Definetly give this one a try.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2009 2:26:00 AM More reviews by AznSensation

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This lip balm leaves a nice sheer reddish tint, and it moisturizes decently, but that's pretty much all that is good about it. Unlike the original peppermint kind, the pomegranate version doesn't apply smoothly, and the smell is horrid. It reminds me of citronella candles..ugh.