July 30, 2014 | 2014 users online

Dry Shampoo - Batiste - Dry Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2009 10:27:00 PM More reviews by princess101

highly recommend this dry shampoo! I love the smell of the tropical blend (reminds me a chi chi cocktail). Anyway, the price is costly considering the size of the aerosol can, but it does the job, which is most important to me. The can does not clog like others i've purchased in the past, and a little goes a long way. just shake the can, lift hair at the roots, spray, let dry a few minutes and then brush thoroughly with a boar bristle or natural bristle brush. I have dark hair and this works great, with no white powdery residue. it also creates great volume, something which I have yet to experience with other brands. Overall, a great buy and can be found at Shoppers here in Canada.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2009 2:00:00 PM More reviews by sookie2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, so I bought this since I had to go from work to a surprise b-day bash and didn't have time to wash my hair. The mid-ends of my hair looked fine it was just the roots that were getting greasy so I bought this and tried it at work and it's AWESOME!. I lifted the roots, sprayed it about an arms length away, massaged it in and waited about 30 sec. and then brushed it out. Just so you all know you have to brush for a little bit to get all the white residue out and I have dark brown almost black hair. But in a pinch this stuff is pretty good.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2009 11:49:00 AM More reviews by bunbunboo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an essential product to have in your cabinet for days when you've overslept and don't have time to wash your hair! I love the tropical smelling one. They sell it in Boots and Superdrug here in the UK and you can get a mini one to pop in your bag.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2009 10:30:00 PM More reviews by IheartCHA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this at Sally's Beauty for $7.50 after hearing and seeing nothing but great things from this product. I bought this in Blush and in my favorite scent, Tropical. Blush kind of reminds me of the knock-off perfumes that come in these same exact looking bottles, but smaller. [if that makes ANY sense...] It's floraly, but has hints of other stuff that I can't put my finger on. Tropical smells like cocoa butter, tanning lotion goodness. It smells like a deoderant I had from Secret [KuKu Coconut?]. The scents do seem to fade over time [or I get used to them.] which is fine with me. I did try to work with this on greasy hair and expected it to work right then and there but it didn't for me. It made my hair look worse and ashy. It was awful. I ended up going to bed angry that I wasted money I didn't really have in the first place and waking up to my hair not feeling greasy at all. I like this product but paying seven to eight bucks a bottle that maybe won't even last a month is expensive to me and a lot of other people on a budget. I'll see how this product keeps on working for me and how long it lasts before I know I'll purchase it again.

Edit 04.13.2010
I have repurchased and honestly this stuff has not worked out for me in the long run. A lot of different dry shampoo methods haven't worked for me, so it's not really the product itself, but the concept.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2009 10:46:00 AM More reviews by headcat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have finally found the right dry shampoo! I've tried baby powder (too cakey), cornstarch baby powder (it's alright in a pinch), Oscar Blandi Pronto (decent but too pricey) and Pssst (has too much silicone or oil in it so it defeats the purpose of dry shampooing). I thought this would be the same as Pssst but it's so much better. I have light brown/dark blonde hair and other dry shampoos always made my hair look a bit grey and dull. This stuff brings out the blonde in my hair and adds a lot of volume. The only thing I dislike is that it doesn't last very long. It's about $6-$7 at Sally so it's affordable but I've had it less than a month and need to repurchase it soon.

Edit: I originally gave this 5 lippies but I have since changed it to 4. It's still the best dry shampoo I have found but it (as well as the others) give my hair so much tiny, little, powdery flakes! I wish a good, non-powdery dry shampoo existed.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2009 6:06:00 PM More reviews by RenaNatroni

This is a great, cheap, dry shampoo. It leaves a white residue- but believe it or not, the residue actually looks good on blonde hair! I can't speak for other haircolors. However I cannot STAND the smell, for some reason it gives me an instant migraine. I hear it comes in other scents now so I may give it another go sometime. Overall, a good product unless you are sensitive to scents.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2009 4:59:00 PM More reviews by myolderbrother

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Every time I've purchased this, the sprayer has clogged, rendering the product useless. I've used it to save time, so when it has become clogged, the last thing I have time for is taking the time to unclog it. Also, it shouldn't be something that needs to be done anyway when you are paying for a product that is supposed to save time!
When my mother-in-law went into the hospital for a big surgery, I got this product for her and helped her use it since she wasn't able to wash her hair for awhile. It worked very well for her and her needs.
Overall, this really is a good product with some packaging flaws (or I've just ended up with a few lemons!).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2009 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Sayers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Another great, time saving product that works. I make sure to spray on roots only then I brush it through my long hair & looks freshly washed! Plus shine.....there's shine to boot. Can be had from Shoppers.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2009 3:07:00 PM More reviews by JillEbEEnz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love it. My favourite dry shampoo. I am also super lazy about washing my hair, and I have bangs. So it really shows when I don't shower.
I spray this at my roots all over. Leave on for a couple minutes to allow it to absorb the oil, and then brush out. I like to use my boar bristle brush because it really grabs ahold of the powder. But you could even use your fingers, it just flakes right out and takes the grease with it!! That's my favourite part, that there is NO RESIDUE!!!
It's great when my bangs get greasy halfway through the day. I just spray, shake out.
It has a weird lemony scent, but it fades so quickly it doesn't even matter.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2009 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Redz24

I wasn't sure of this at first because I wasn't sure how good it was going to be, and if I left it untill trying it out in the morning before work then I be buggered basically.

But for a change I used my noggin' and tried it out before I had my shower in the evening, and since then I have loved it!

It's a life saver. When it comes to washing my hair I am lazy. I plan to shower in the evening and before you know it's 10 o'clock and time for bed, and I am for sure not a morning person!

This is awesome for giving me a extra day worth of clean hair. Spray it on the roots, work in and brush out. It also gives my hair added volume and makes it look as though I have just washed it, which it another great advantage!

With it being a spray I an more confident using this than anything I would need to put into my hands and work in.

As for the packaging, it's like a tin of hair spray! You couldn't get any better!