April 21, 2014 | 1793 users online

Dry Shampoo - Batiste - Dry Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2009 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Kitschiegoth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is a life saver for saving time and hair colour! My hair is bleached and dyed dark blue but I still get greasy roots/fringe within 24 hours of washing.

With this product I can go 2 days without washing and it also covers the smell of cigarettes if you've been out.

I use Tropical as I like the smell of coconuts.

This product is very cheap at 1.99 and you don't need much.

The only downside is if you spray too much on or don't brush it out throughly you'll get white patches.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2009 4:51:00 PM More reviews by twiggy016

LOVE THIS!
I'd defo recommend it, it's a must-have!
I got the Blush one, which smells great.
This is great for greasy, second day hair or just great as a styling product - it makes hair matte and quite volumey.
I especially love the price...less than 2!
It's just as good as some of the pricier ones, which I have bought before and been disappointed with. x

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2008 10:42:00 PM More reviews by stellina

Thanks to MUA and the regular features in the British hairdo magazines, I sought this & was rewarded with the last 2 cans at my local Sally's. I had tried a very overpriced sample of Oscar Blandi in the non-spray format, which I disliked although I did like the product itself and the concept of a dry shampoo. Since I went back to wearing my hair in a bob and the weather turned cold, I can get away with skipping the occasional shampoo - I also travel extensively and am always on the lookout for things that make my life easier. This sure fit the bill! I got the original scent, which is a very light lemony one. Compared to the sprinkle powder I used before, this is very light and if I'm careful not to over do it, doesn't leave a trace of white in my dark hair. Yes, the container is a bit dated but it's very moderately priced and it works. I'll be keeping one at home and one in my suitcase from now on - never again to be plagued by grubby hair after a long flight!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2008 5:06:00 PM More reviews by lovinitxx

i couldnt live without this as im usually so busy
its great because you dont have to spend ages washing your hair and then restyling it if youre just about to go out
just spray a bit of this, brush it out and voila! your hair is less greasy, feels silkier and smells like coconuts!!
and its something stupid like 2.99!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2008 11:07:00 AM More reviews by vix5586

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm loving this stuff. I've been on a hunt for a good dry shampoo that lets me go longer between washes because my naturally curly hair is very dry and I straighten it. With this product, I can go at least 6 days between washes and not look greasy or smell dirty. I've tried a couple dry shampoos and this one is by far my favorite.

I got the tropical one first. At first the smell as I was spraying it was overpowering. Ick. Sickeningly sweet and chemically. I wasn't sure if I could stand it on my head. HOWEVER, after a minute, it goes away and my hair was left with a light coconut scent, which I really like. This stuff doesn't seem to mask the dirty hair smell, but actually takes it away. I had my fiance sniff my scalp at night after using this in the morning just to see what an honest nose would think. His response? "Smells clean...like coconut." It certainly does a great job drying up oily patches and dark haired girls, don't let the stark white powder scare you. It blends into my hair really nicely with just a little brushing or even just finger combing my hair. ETA: I just tried the Blush one. Love it EVEN MORE! Same great product, even better scent and a cute pink can.

It doesn't give the same freshly washed hair feel, but you're not going to find that in a dry shampoo. It does however make your hair smell and look clean. This one is a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2008 8:52:00 PM More reviews by jentalkin2u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was a great find! It's super cheap and it works! Smells good (they have 2 different scents) and does the trick. I have blonde hair, so I don't notice a white powder, but you're supposed to brush afterwards. I don't. I brush really well with a boar bristle brush beforehand to distrubute oils then spray Batiste only where needed to sop up the greasies and rub into my scalp. I wait a few minutes, then roughen up my hair with my fingers and style. I don't feel the need to brush out, but maybe that's just me. Great stuff - you can't go wrong giving it a try because it's so cheap. It's at Sally's. My only gripe would be that the nozzle clogged on one of my cans and I had only used about 1/4 of the can. I suppose if I had taken it back to Sally's they would have replaced it for me, but I didn't. I couldn't fix it either, so I just threw it out. I've had a few cans, though, and that's the only time it happened, so it was probably just a fluke.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2008 11:20:00 PM More reviews by boscoe7777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've only used this little gem once. It's helped my blowout last longer. I like the fresh lemon scent which dissipates quickly. You have to follow the directions (shake vigorously and hold 11 inches from hair) or you'll wind up with the white powder on your scalp. Just shake, point & spray and brush out. It's a bargain at Sally Beauty Supply. Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2008 11:47:00 AM More reviews by mayrei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I looooove this stuff. I have to take one lippie off for the smell, though. This is the original scent Batiste. It has a weird chemical smell underneath a sort of softly fruity, tropical scent. The mixture is less than pleasant.

It works great, though, so I can ignore the scent. My hair always look flat and oily by the second day, but this really gives it a boost. Absorbs the oil and fluffs my hair out, making it silky soft and fresh looking.

The two things I would change about this product: 1. I would prefer a larger can, since I've only used it a few times and it's almost empty already. 2. A better scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2008 1:26:00 AM More reviews by KelsM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I use the Tropical Batiste Dry Shampoo, and I love the scent.. however after using my first can up I went back to Sally's and they only have the regular scent...so I am dissapointed and I guess I will have to settle with the regular scent!!! In the meantime I purchased Psssst Color + Volume dry shampoo and I am very dissapointed in comparison.. and it smells bad.. kind of gags me... I have hair just above my sholders ... and i can definalty use it to freshen up my second day hair.. and I hate to say this out loud, but also my third day hair!!! Its great to spray in, run a comb or a brush thru, style and be done.. Otherwise I have to shapoo twice.. (once to get all the hairspray out and second to get some lather...) then conditon... blow dry with a brush.. then flat iron and style.. because my hair is a little wavy. I defiantly give this an A++ and I sure hope to get my hands on the Tropical scent sometime in the very near future... !!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2008 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Jenni4Design

I've used this twice now with wonderful results. I mist my part, underneath my bangs, and raise sections of hair to mist underneath at the roots. Then I rub it in and brush it out. Gorgeous! Afterwards my hair is a little more matte than when I usually freshly style it but not bad. Plus I can go over the top layer a little with a flat iron and it looks fine. As a busy mom sometimes you don't have time to wash your hair everyday, and for me this stuff is so helpful!! Will definately repurchase. Oh and btw I'm preggers right now too and therefore extra sensitive to smells and this scent (original lemony) didn't bother me at all, plus it doesn't really last too long anywho.