November 22, 2014 | 1967 users online

Dry Shampoo - Batiste - Dry Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 6:02:00 AM More reviews by shawnarawwwrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this ages ago, and never really used it much. I'm not one to go long enough without washing my hair that it'll get greasy, but for those days, I'm so glad I have this stuff. It really does help make my hair look clean, and not disgusting. It does have an oddish scent to it(reminds me of grandmas), but if you could get past that, it's an awesome product. I'd also recommend putting this in your hair at nighttime before a day when you intend to go out without washing your hair, since it could look a little powdery at the beginning.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 4:29:00 AM More reviews by joeyemma

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of the few products that I own that officially has HG status and I am not tempted to try anything else like it. You can shove your Oscar Blandi, Bumble and Bumble Powder etc, Batiste is the dry shampoo for me. I must have gone through about 20-30 cans off this stuff.

I first found out about it about 10 years ago when my mum was ill in hospital and couldn't wash her hair and she got me to get her a can of this to freshen her hair up. Apparently dry shampoo is a really old fashioned thing.

Pros
Dirt cheap (about 2 a can).
Gives you an extra day before you have to wash your hair (for me this reduces amount of heat styling and improves overall condition of my hair).
Sops up slight oliyness on hair, but without leaving hair looking matte and/ or dirty.
Despite being a white spray, doesn't leave a white residue on my dark brown hair once I brush it out. They have recently come out with a brown coloured dry shampoo, which I am going to try out and see if it is worth the extra 30p.

Cons
Doesn't last that long- I get about 6-8 applications per can, but at that price, who cares.
Can leave a white residue on your clothes, however I apply it before getting dressed so this isn't really a con for me.
Very occassionally, I get the odd can where the nozzle jams up and it won't spray.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2010 7:36:00 AM More reviews by VanityInsanity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this for when my hair's getting a bit greasy and I don't have time for a full on bath, but I'm still having a big night on the town. This doesn't leave any white residue or any of the powder left and the smell is as if I've just washed it. Like it very much and if you are an on-the-go girl, then this is definitely for you!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2009 7:07:00 PM More reviews by martas777

It's ok but it doesn't last long. One use and half of the spray bottle is gone. I could imagine it would be too white (a dandruff like residue) on black hair. I use it only when desperate coz my hair looks kind of flat after this but I guess it's still better than greasy.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2009 6:55:00 PM More reviews by kieustar

I like the klorane better as it gave me more volume and seemed to last longer.

Batiste is cheaper and if there was no more klorane ones then i would buy this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2009 2:52:00 PM More reviews by HannahBoBana

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

HG product right here! I love this dry shampoo, its a saviour on greasy hair days. I wash my hair & on the second day my hair looks greasy, and im sure some of you lovley ladies have the same problem. I apply all over my hair & mainly on my fringe (about 30cm from my hair) and leave it in for about 5-10 minutes. I massage it into the roots, and then slowly brush it out. You may think its a gimic, but actually, your hair looks amazing. I tried this on my brother, who has the most disgusting hair & after it, he looked amazing. He couldn't quite believe it. So he skipped having a shower :D Anyway this is amazingly cheap & its a life saver. I keep a small version in my handbag :)
hannah x

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2009 2:04:00 PM More reviews by lisa7788

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought the Blush version of this. It works great! I've been sick with a nasty cold (just in time for the holidays) and have felt too lousy to jump in the shower (gross, I know). I used this on my medium blond hair and it looked like I had just washed & dried it. No residue that I could see or feel. I can't comment on the smell yet since I'm too stuffy to tell. I'll update later on that.
This is perfect for those running late mornings when your hair could use a wash but time just doesn't permit.
Great stuff! And cheap too!
update: Ok, I can finally smell, and this smells nice. It only lingers a couple of minutes then disappears. I'll be buying a back up of this!
Update 3/5/10: I tried the Tropical scent & like it better than the Blush. It passes more for the smell of shampoo or hairspray than the flowery Blush scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2009 4:46:00 PM More reviews by rivera25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this product!! I use it between washes and it works esp when your hair is looking like it needs a refresh. I have all the different ones-i love them all! I get mine in TJ Hughes here in the UK for under 2 quid!! Will continue to buy this-i hope it dosn't get discontinued!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2009 3:53:00 PM More reviews by perfectflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Love it! I use the blush version for the scent it really helps when your tight for time. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2009 3:38:00 PM More reviews by LauraMichelle1515

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Great product. I have REALLY greasy hair, especially my fringe/bangs so this comes in great handy!! I spray this on my roots and leave it for a few minutes while i do my makeup, then i massage this into my hair and brush out. Amazing. Its like i've just washed my hair and the greasiness is gone!! Woooh! and its really cheap and lasts ages so this is definetly my HG!! Great product.