September 23, 2014 | 1701 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2006 4:08:00 PM More reviews by cinnybuns

My HG for highlighting, it's not too shimmery if you are going for a hint of light. I've tried other highlighting items before, they were either 2 large of a glitter h/l or make me look too much like a disco ball. I would buy it over and over and over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2006 8:54:00 PM More reviews by tgparks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Just got this even though I own Vanilla pigment and I must say, I really like it! It doesn't have the pinkish part that Vanilla has, plus it is much easier to work with. Gives a very soft, glowy look to the skin. I am really liking this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2006 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Jennifer_Mc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Holy Grail material. This is truly a no-fail highlighter that I believe can work on nearly everyone's coloring. It really is MAC vanilla pigment in a pressed form. If you are like me, who just never reached for your pigments because you couldn't deal with the mess or just simply didn't have the time-this if for you! Seriously, I owned a vanilla pigment that I NEVER used because of those reasons and now I am always reaching for the Albatross. Also, you get so much product for the money as it is in blush size. This is probably one of the best offerings from NARS since Orgasm. For reference, I am a PPP, NC30, blue eyed blonde.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2006 12:09:00 AM More reviews by lindsay23872

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm in love with this. It's my favorite highlighter that I've ever used! I agree that it's similar to vanilla pigment but I like this better since it's not messy, etc. It's gorgeous on and really gives a nice golden glow. Definitely worth the $25 and I would of course rebuy if I ever ran out continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2006 2:47:00 AM More reviews by crazykatgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lovliest soft golden shimmer, subtle and not at all chunky. This gives a beautiful glow to skin, and doesn't look at all "glittery." It's very finely milled, and is very soft in texture. It's highly versatile. Use as a facial highlighter, to highlight the brow bone, inner corners of the eyes, over other e/s color, and over other blushes, including those that already have shimmer. Shows up as a soft glow on my NC25 skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2006 1:52:00 PM More reviews by ruby_tea_roses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

*LOVE* !!! Beautiful pale golden highlighter! The gold in Albatross is not your standard yellow-gold. It seems to be more of a pale, natural, wheat-colored gold. So soft and luminous. Beautiful!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2006 10:12:00 PM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am so happy that Nars came out with this wonderful highlighter - it's in the blush family only because it's as big as their other blushes, but this is a finely-milled pressed shimmer powder, finer than MAC Vanilla and more versatile in my opinion. Vanilla is too gold on me and this seems less yellow on my skin which is great! I wear it as eyeshadow, as a cheekbone highlighter, a browbone highlighter and with a skunkbrush over blush to give a touch of glowiness. This is going to get a lot of love!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2006 11:47:00 PM More reviews by iyoon

Beautiful in the pan and I initially thought this was a good match on my complexion but firstly, I broke out on the top of my cheekbones after 2 weeks of using Albatross daily and secondly, after finding a replacement that is much more natural looking on me, I realized that Albatross is far too light on my light-medium skin. If you don't have a sensitivity to Lanolin and if you are fair in skintone I would still recommend you try Albatross. As for me, I'm very happy with its successor, MAC's Belightful, thanks to the lovely SA who recommended it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2006 8:11:00 AM More reviews by FoXyKiTten01

Coloring: asian MAC NC 30-35

Ooooh! this is so purty! In the pan it looks like a creamy white with a touch of soft gold. I surprisingly really like this! It is a wee bit light on my skin, but it gives a gorgeous "sugar plum fairy" kinda glow. There is no glitter bits, just nice soft shimmer. I tried it on my eyes the other day and it was perfect as an inner eye highlighter/ brow bone highlighter..kinda reminiscent of MAC vanilla piggie! It definitely imparts a subtle "inner glow" highlight w/o being OTT or chalky.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2006 4:51:00 PM More reviews by ghost

this highlighting blush is the same color as Vanilla pigment from MAC, and looks pretty much the same on the skin. If you do not own Vanilla pigment and love the idea of a pressed version, then this is for you! I think it would probably look ashy on dark-very dark skintones though.

18 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No