November 26, 2014 | 1729 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2007 12:41:00 PM More reviews by keahi

I love the name of this--reminds me of Captain Ahab/ Moby Dick. Always think of doom and gloom and big mean ugly birds when I hear "Albatross", not this lovely shimmery product, LOL. THis is a nice hightlighter--it's subtle. I swipe it across my cheekbones for a glowy effect. Much more subtle than the other highlighters I own (BB Shimmerbrick & Benefit High Beam). This is a versatile product that I use daily--on cheekbones & browbones. Only 4 lippies because it isn't a product that really stands out IMO. Nice texture and effect, but not Holy Grail by any means. I think I could still do better. Probably will try something different when I've used this up rather than repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2007 9:02:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this as a highlighter and eyeshadow. Such an ethereal color that suits most skin tones and has micro-shimmer instead of big chunks of glitter. I even use it over other blushes and bronzers to bring my cheeks out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2006 7:06:00 AM More reviews by meandering

NARS Albatross is the perfect highlighter. I usually shun away from bronzers, highlighters, and other contouring aids b/c it all just seems too complicated and time-consuming. However, Albatross is fool proof. It gives a subtle luminosity, not over-the-top at all. It's the perfect glow.

EDIT 2/2/08: I have since found a new HG - MAC Accentuate/Sculpt Sculpt and Shape Powder. The highlighter shade is a pinky-beige version of Albatross which I find more wearable for everyday. I'm not changing my rating as Albatross is still an excellent highlighter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2006 3:20:00 AM More reviews by girliex601x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the perfect highlighter. i love this so much more than mac shimpagne, which just makes me look oily and sweaty no matter how light i apply it. albatross gives the perfect, soft glow i've been looking for w/o looking harsh and streaky that i sometime get from benefit high beam if i don't apply it right. the compact is great for travel, since it doubles as eyeshadow highlighter too. even though it's been compared to mac vanilla pigment, i'll stick w/ albatross since it's easier to apply and travels well.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2006 12:35:00 PM More reviews by saffronh

I absolutely love this highlighter! I just got it thanks to a wonderful MUA'r who is also a client of mine for threading :) First off I have to say that this is not like Vanilla Pigment, which is slightly chunkier in it's application and has a pink cast and shimmer to it (also lovely though). Albatross is a light golden SHEEN, not shimmer. It is the perfect glowy product for all the areas you would normally use a highlighter on. I love it on top of my blushes to blend out the edges and make the blush look like it is coming from within. Huge rave this may become a new HG item for me. I am so into NARS right now it's not even funny...especially to my wallet :(
C35 Skintone for reference.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2006 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Bonnie2842

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very pretty for neutral or warm toned women, in my opinion. It has a cream colored base in the pan, but once applied the color disappears and you get an iridescent golden sheen. Like all of NARS blushes, it's very silky and finely milled, and lasts all day on my dry skin. It looks really cute on top of matte blushes. I have to disagree that this is MAC Vanilla in pressed form. It lacks the pink sheen that I feel makes Vanilla special.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2006 4:08:00 PM More reviews by cinnybuns

My HG for highlighting, it's not too shimmery if you are going for a hint of light. I've tried other highlighting items before, they were either 2 large of a glitter h/l or make me look too much like a disco ball. I would buy it over and over and over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2006 8:54:00 PM More reviews by tgparks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Just got this even though I own Vanilla pigment and I must say, I really like it! It doesn't have the pinkish part that Vanilla has, plus it is much easier to work with. Gives a very soft, glowy look to the skin. I am really liking this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2006 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Jennifer_Mc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Holy Grail material. This is truly a no-fail highlighter that I believe can work on nearly everyone's coloring. It really is MAC vanilla pigment in a pressed form. If you are like me, who just never reached for your pigments because you couldn't deal with the mess or just simply didn't have the time-this if for you! Seriously, I owned a vanilla pigment that I NEVER used because of those reasons and now I am always reaching for the Albatross. Also, you get so much product for the money as it is in blush size. This is probably one of the best offerings from NARS since Orgasm. For reference, I am a PPP, NC30, blue eyed blonde.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2006 12:09:00 AM More reviews by lindsay23872

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm in love with this. It's my favorite highlighter that I've ever used! I agree that it's similar to vanilla pigment but I like this better since it's not messy, etc. It's gorgeous on and really gives a nice golden glow. Definitely worth the $25 and I would of course rebuy if I ever ran out continued >>