NARS Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

4.4

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The perfect warm golden luminizer for most skin tones. I use this on almost everyone and they love it. this looks so great on my NC50 St tropez skin! I also use it as a highlighting shadow. A great find!

on 6/17/2007 1:08:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I am so happy that Nars came out with Albatross! This is very very similar to my HG highlighting eyeshadow, Scott Barnes Lily. Both appear to be snow white in the pan, and both have a slight gold sheen. The only difference is that the ScB e/s is tiny and costs more and is harder to find! Since the two are comparable, I will be getting Nars Albatross from now on. For me Albatross is a dual use product for eyes and cheeks and is well worth the $25!

on 5/16/2007 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love it! I've been putting it on over Orgasm on the apples of my cheeks & it gives me a healthy glow. I have yet to try it as an eyeshadow but based on other reviews sounds like a multi-task product.

on 5/11/2007 7:52:00 AM

This is the only highlighter I'd use now. It also makes a great base eyeshadow when I'm travelling. It's great on my pale skin but I bet it will look gorgeous on tanned skin as well. It gives an ehthereal sheen rather than chalkier, frostier counterparts such as BB's Shimmerbricks which I've been faithfully using as highlighters till I found Albatross. Since I can't find Nars where I'm moving to, I bought one extra as backup :)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

The perfect basic highlighter. It's very natural and fool proof. Lovely glowing highlights with light gold shimmer. This is not OTT and suitable for any age. If you were to own only one highlighter this would be it. Great as a eyeshadow too. Really a must have.

on 4/28/2007 3:20:00 PM

Great color and all but the shine not only highlights my skin but also its flaws. This color showed all of my pores which was very unattractive but from a distance, it gives a nice glow.

I absolutely adore this highlighter. I've never had brilliant skin and in the past, I've definitely had a few bad experiences with highlighter. Not this one - it gives me enough glow and adds dimension to my face, but without giving the impression that my skin is oily. It adds a sort of "soft-focus-glow" to my face, which is a lot more than I can say for most products. This is definitely a keeper.

on 4/14/2007 10:48:00 AM

This is a wonderful highlighter on my NC25 skin. I tested it using my fingers on the back of my hand, it looks very shimmery, however, applied with s kabuki on the tops of the cheeks it creates a light glowy effect - not shimmery at all. I would imagine it works with most skintones - there's no shimmer at all when blended well. It's also different to most other highlighters, which are usually pearly or shimmery white/pink. Will repurchase. UPDATE: I've discovered that this is useful for toning down over-applied blush - especially anything too blue-toned.

on 3/24/2007 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Perfect highlighter with microfine shimmer particles that give a luminous glow. I brushed some over my cheekbones at Sephora for fun, not intending to buy it. But when I left the store and caught my reflection in a mirror, I had to run back and buy it right then. It was that good. I like to use just a little over the tops of the cheeckbones (not too close to eye or it will get into the little wrinkles around the edge of the eye and look crepey). Also works for me as a browbone highlighter.

on 3/15/2007 11:13:00 AM

Albatross is sheer, subtle, and oh-so-luminous - it's a shimmery yellow white in its pan that may scare off some, but it transforms to an ethereal golden glow on the face, regardless of skintone. I'm so much happier with this than with any Shimmerbrick, Skinlight, or Magic product; it's the finishing product that I'll always have on hand!

Top Rated NARS Products