October 22, 2014 | 1740 users online

Deodorants - Certain Dri

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2004 6:49:00 PM More reviews by absolutbouch33

Love it! This is the only thing that can control my underarm sweating. All you have to do is apply it at night before bedtime and you're all taken care of (I use deodorant in the mornings as usual). Inexpensive, easy to find, and works great!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2004 1:47:00 PM More reviews by coolRED

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this product for about a week. So far i have been very happy. I started sweating through my shirts when i was about 18 causing me to dred summer. i felt i could only buy white or black shirts cause the sweat didn't show as much. BORING!! now, i dare to dream that i'll be able to wear whatever shirts i want and not have to worry about sweat rings (gag). i keep checking my underarms, and i'm still dry. amazing. nothing else works for me. i have sensitive skin, and there is a bit of burning after application, but just follow the directions and don't over-do it. the pain is temporary, thankfully. and the results are well worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2004 7:47:00 AM More reviews by funkiemunkie0303

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

life saver.
it didn't work too well the first day or two but by the third or fourth day it stopped my sweating completely. it's worth the embarassing packaging!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2004 4:38:00 PM More reviews by nicole_volch

Ahh, what a great product. During the summer, and early winter, I sweat excessively... (through my shirts, causing me to have my arms at my sides.. therefore enforcing the sweat to go there... how gross!!) I find that Certain Dri works very well for me. I only use it 3 or so times a week, and I experience no itching or burning like some people do. I love it!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2004 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Ralen81

I've been frustrated since I was about 11 years old with the amount that I sweat. When I bought shirts, I used to always consider if a particular fabric or color was going to show how much I was sweating. I really used to sweat when I was cold which would wet my clothes and then I'd be even colder.
I've tried every kind of antiperspirant I could get my hands on and finally at the age of 21, I found this stuff and let me tell you, it really works.
I use it 3 to 5 times per week at bedtime and I hardly sweat at all anymore. However, the tiny bit that I do sweat really stinks since this stuff has no scent, so I still use a light deorderant during the day.
I would go as far as to say that this stuff has changed my life!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2003 10:51:00 AM More reviews by perrier

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best antiperspirant I have found. I use it 2 times a week, and it completely stops all under arm perspiration. I used this on holiday to Nice in June, and it worked in extremem heat and humidity. This is my HG antiperspirant.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2003 4:18:00 AM More reviews by ellenmac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My best friend and I found this product back in high school when we were absolutely frusterated with those yellow stains on white t-shirts that you get from perspiration. Let me tell you- this stuff WORKS! From day one you can tell a major difference, there is absolutely no sweat. I wouldn't recommend using it every day, but twice a week works great for me. Now I can wear tight white t-shirts and tanks and NO yellow pit stains!! I'll be using this for the rest of my life.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2003 4:41:00 AM More reviews by sillysilly

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only antiperspirant that actually works for me. I like that it's unscented too. But you must SERIOUSLY follow the directions on it- I didn't once, and it really discolored a shirt I had, but somehow after I rinsed it out, it was fine again, so okay ending, but quite scary and would not wish to repeat. Also, don't ever put it on if you've shaved recently. It works so well, I find I only need to put it on a couple times a week- which is amazing considering that I'm normally so sweaty (augh, I'm disgusting, I don't know why I sweat so much. :( ! sad.) that any other antiperspirant is completely ineffectual for me. I recommend if you find normal antiperspirants to be useless, but not if they are, as it is very powerful stuff. I did recommend it to my roomate, who gets embarassingly unfeminely sweaty like me, haven't heard back from her about it yet. Haven't heard her complain about being sweaty though either... (I find the packaging a bit embarassing though: "fights EXCESSIVE perspiration"!!!) sigh...

Feb. 08 UPDATE: I have found something I like better. Please see my review for
Linden Voss Triple Dry Advanced Anti-Perspirant if curious.

i've found something better than the triple dry - vichy 7 day treatment.
continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2003 9:01:00 PM More reviews by mitabird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product works really well. I only use it 3/4x a week. My only complaint is that I can't use it on the days that I've shaved. It makes my underarms terribly itchy. Other than that, it's like a miracle. I never thought that I could be as dry as I am since using this.

Ingredients: Active Ingredients
Aluminum Chloride 12%
Inactive Ingredients
Sodium Bicarbonate; Water
continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2003 11:06:00 AM More reviews by kawrenn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like Certain Dri pretty well, but there is one thing that new users might want to know: Certain Dri works best when it is applied directly to BARE skin. That means that if you are planning on using it in conjunction with a deodorant or another antiperspirant, you need to make sure that all traces of that product are gone before you apply Certain Dri. Apply Certain Dri to bare skin, let it dry, and then apply your second product. It works much much better when applied this way. This can be tricky since you aren't supposed to use Certain Dri after bathing, but if you shower and then wait a little while before applying, you should be fine.