Bioderma Sensibio H2O (aka Crealine H20 Solution micellaire)

4.3

Water, Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Propylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Mannitol, Xylitol, Rhamnose, Fructooligosaccharides, Disodium Edta, Cetrimonium Bromide

on 10/30/2011 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

The best cleansers are negatively defined. Sure, they provide a thorough cleanse, but are so minimally invasive they don't harm your skin. What makes Bioderma so coveted is precisely what it is not: it's not harsh and stripping, it leaves behind no oily or tacky residue, it doesn't require a sink, it's not heavily fragranced, it's non-irritating even on sensitive skin, it doesn't require a lot of time. Though it looks and feels like water, it dissolves most (though not all) eye makeup, including waterproof mascara, gel liner, and eyelash glue, just let it soak for a few seconds. In France, where water quality can be very iffy, women sometimes use a micellar water instead of a regular cleanser. In a pinch it'll clean brushes and makeup stains. After a long day of work, it just gets the makeup off before I go through my intricate skincare routine. The huge 500-ml bottle lasts a good long time.

Now available in the US, albeit at a significant markup.

I tried to find a more accessible alternative: La Roche-Posay, Absolution, Avene, Caudalie, Vichy. Everything I tried could not measure up to the cult classic. Some didn't cleanse so well, others burned, and every single one of them adds unnecessary humectants that leave behind an unpleasant stickiness. My skin doesn't absorb glycerin well. So with Bioderma I will remain.

INGREDIENTS water, PEG-6 caprylic/capric triglycerides, cucumber extract, mannitol, xylitol, rhamnose, fructooligosaccharides, propylene glycol, disodium EDTA, cetrimonium bromide

on 10/29/2011 2:27:00 AM

Love this stuff! I have gone through two 500ml bottles and one 250ml bottle already. Extremely gentle and if/when it gets in your eyes, no big deal! I do have to go slowly over waterproof mascara/MAC greasepaint sticks to ensure Sensibio seeps in to loosen and remove the makeup. The only makeup remover I've ever used that both removes my makeup entirely, without irritation, AND doesn't require a wash afterwards. I buy large 3x4" cotton pads and use one for my whole face.

Heads up Canadians, Rexall/PharmaPlus carries the 500ml bottle, Shoppers DrugMart does not. 500ml for $30 or 250ml for $22?!

EDIT: I'm finding this quite drying and harsh on my skin, and waterproof mascara just never fully comes off - I wake up with gray shadows under my eyes. I suspect I have been breaking out because it doesn't get all the makeup off my skin. :( downgraded to 3 lippies.

on 10/27/2011 3:08:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I really like this product. I use it every night to remove my eye make up and it takes pretty much everything off. I must say that I don't wear waterproof mascara, so I don't know how well it works with that, but it effortlessly takes off my concealer, eyeshadow, eyeliner (fluidline) and mascara. Sometimes I use it to take off my face make up too, and it works equally well on foundation and blush. It does not irritate my very sensitive skin at all, unless I wear very heavy foundation, as I tend to rub a bit too much then (not sure if it is the rubbing that's causing the irritation, or the product or a combination of both). I even use this product in the morning to cleanse my skin, as it's really easy and fast. I have already repurchased.

on 10/25/2011 12:47:00 AM

This makeup remover is the greatest thing. Removes everything and feels like water on your skin. I do not understand the complaints, I have not noticed any chemically smell and it has never broken me out. I love the simple but classy packaging; I love the white and pink labeling; I love the pink cap. I just wish it were cheaper, but it's so great, I'm willing to pay $22 dollars Canadian plus 13% tax for it. Shoppers recently had a sale and it was marked down to $16 and change so I bought a backup bottle. To make it last longer, I remove my eyemakeup with a separate remover. This stuff is magic! For me to buy a product again is unusual as I am always looking for the next best thing, so that says it all.

on 10/24/2011 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Works like a dream, no stinging, no rubbing, no drying.
I LOVE this product. I wear waterproof mascara with a primer and eyeliner daily and I can get my whole face and my eyes clean with one saturated cotton square. My eyes never sting. I never have to rub vigorously and there is no residue. My face is left neither dry or oily. I feel as if I splashed some water on my face. I look forward to removing my make up each day. This product is apparently a cult favorite of makeup artists and models (expert makeup removers), and I can understand why. I never gave much thought to makeup removers as they're not as fun as colorful makeup, but this one has changed my mind. I have no qualms with the price. I found a 500ml (about 16 oz) bottle for about USD $24 through amazon. I believe my previous neutrogena one was about $7 for 5 oz. While it's a little more expensive, this product is FAR BETTER and I can use it all over my face, not just my eyes. If I'm lazy, I don't even have to wash my face afterwards. This is a HG product for me. I never thought I would feel so enthusiastic about a workhorse product, but I'm in love.

on 10/24/2011 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is a refreshing, gentle makeup remover that I use almost every day. It removes most eye makeup-- though perhaps not the most stubborn stuff. I don't wear much hard-to-remove eye makeup on an everyday basis, and it works quite well. I put a few drops on a cotton pad, lay it on one eye for about 3-5 seconds, then swipe. I add another drop or two on the other side of the pad, and then use it on the other eye. This usually takes care of everything but the most waterproof mascaras.

I am a contact lens wearer, so I appreciate how completely non-greasy this product is. I don't use it all over my face; it is not cheap, and I prefer to use either a wipe or cleanser + water for that purpose anyway. But for removing eye makeup, this is my favorite.

on 10/22/2011 9:57:00 PM

I first heard of this remover in the GOOP newsletter. I saw it at Shopper's Drug Mart one day on sale and decided to give it a try. I'm on my second bottle now and I can honestly say it is a fabulous makeup remover - non greasy, effective, refreshing and on and on.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Bit dissapointed. I was expecting this magical product that is as gentle as water but still removes stubborn quickly. Unfortunately, though it does remove makeup, its not as effective as my loreal oil-based eye makeup remover/ plain olive oil for removing mascara from the lashline. I also used it to remove UD 24/7 from my waterline and it stung my eyes, even after washing out my eyes with water and 9 hours later, they still feel irritated. I wish I'd bought the smaller bottle instead of assuming I would definitely love it like some youtube gurus. Guess I'll just have to make the most of it.

on 10/4/2011 8:17:00 AM

There are girls who prefer to cleanse their faces with water / gels / foams who have more tolerant skin and get less irritated by rubbing off the cotton pads off their faces and there are girls with really sensitive, easily irritated skin (like me) who prefers to cleanse their faces with oil based cleansers. For the past couple of years I have been using oil based cleansers / make-up removers from famous Japanese Brands: Shu Uemura, Fancl, DHC and unfortunately using Bioderma's Sensibio H2O gave me a very adverse reaction, yes, it removed my foundation and eye shadow, however it stung my face, stung my eyes, made my skin dry, and my eyes itchy, and I realized it is just too harsh on my sensitive skin. Moreover, I try to avoid rubbing cotton pads off my face and I prefer to use a mild but very effective oil cleansers of my favorite Japanese Brands that will never ever irritate your skin, will make it very clean and will remove all traces of dirt and make-up. For those girls, who felt that Sensibio H2O is too harsh on their skin, I would highly recommend to switch to oil make-up removers / cleansers of major Japanese Brands, my combination sensitive skin never have been happier and half full bottle of Bioderma's Sensibio H2O unfortunately goes to trash ;)))

on 9/21/2011 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

After giving into all the positive reviews I read all over the internet , including MUA, I decided to get the micellar water from Bioderma.

I didnt go through too much trouble of getting it , seen as its easily found in Eastern-European countries ( in my case in Romania ) and paid the equivalent of $14 for the 250ml. bottle. If you have friends travelling that way or going home for the holidays , ask them to get you a bottle or two if you like this.

I , on the other side , have a love-hate relationship with this! First time I used it to take my make-up off my eyes , it gave me an adverse reaction and got my eyes extremely irritated and sore. I had blurry vision for most part of an hour and swore not to use this again on my eyes.

I am currently using it for my face ONLY. I still feel its nothing special and it slighlty dries my skin out. To this day , I still have no idea what exactly in the product gives me the sensitivity.

I will not repurchase.