Bioderma Sensibio H2O (aka Crealine H20 Solution micellaire)

4.3

Water, Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Propylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Mannitol, Xylitol, Rhamnose, Fructooligosaccharides, Disodium Edta, Cetrimonium Bromide

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I first saw this product reviewed on YouTube and was a little skeptical. I definitely wanted something that would take off all my makeup so I didn't have to use a separate eye makeup remover. All of the cleansing wipes like Neutrogena, etc would irritate my sensitive skin. I ordered this online and have not been disappointed. It is truly gentle and removes all my makeup, even waterproof mascara! I love this stuff. I just saturate some cotton pads and gently wipe away all of my makeup. There is no stinging or burning and no oily, greasing feeling on my eyes or skin. Amazing!!! I will definitely keep buying this product!

on 6/11/2011 2:28:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This cleanser looks like water and nothing special but it takes off my waterproof mascara and everything else on my eyes, too. It works pretty well at taking off my face makeup as well.

I'm really cheap, so one square of Shiseido-like cotton pad cleans my whole face. I live in Vancouver so I get them at $2.00 for a package of 100 at Daiso in Richmond. I use scissors to cut one pad into four squares. I stack two squares together, hold them agains the mouth of the bottle and tip the bottle four times on different spots of the pads and it saturates both of them at the same time. If the cleanser doesn't quite seep through one pad onto the other I just use my fingers to pat them together and it works! I hold the two squares over my eyes for 30 seconds. I slide the cotton off and you'll notice that all your eye makeup comes off on one spot! I use the clean spots of the pads to wipe off any residue. I use the other two little squares to clean the rest of my face. Afterwards I use a mild cleanser like Spectrojel or Olay and I'm all clean!

This cleanser is a bit expensive but cleans much better than the Neutrogena and L'oreal duo phase cleansers and removes tinted moisturiser, too. It also doesn't sting my eyes. I likey!

on 6/3/2011 7:12:00 AM

Waaay overpriced and watery thin. Did not remove my waterproof mascara. Overhyped product. Far better, cheaper removers out there, like Neutrogena Foaming face wash, which really DOES remove all makeup without burning eyes.http://www.neutrogena.ca/en/products.asp?cat=4&sub=20&display=0

on 6/3/2011 6:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Very good product. Removes just about everything (make-up, dirt, oil) from my whole face and eyes with no irritation, only it can be a slightly bit drying for sensitive skins, which is why I prefer oil-based make-up remover for daily use. However, I like this better for traveling, as it cleanses and tones the skin in one easy step, and you do not have to worry about the quality of water wherever you are.
Unfortunately, I have learned that Bioderma tests on animals, so no matter how much I like this product, I will not be buying it again.

on 5/25/2011 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I recently ordered the 'oily skin' version and it did feel slightly different, I came on here to see if anyone else felt the same thing, The green cap version definitely has some sort of alcohol possibly to dry out the skin, my advice is stick to the original with the red cap, its a HG product, you just cant go wrong without it!

If any of you are interested on the differences check out http://therefinedbeauty.blogspot.com/

on 5/20/2011 12:29:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I quite like using this as a makeup remover, its very gentle. I do still like using my Avene tissue off cleanser for intolerant skin to remove maskara as its a cream/gel type texture so I don't have to tug and pull at my eye area. I use bioderma crealine everyday and love it.UPDATE: I've started finding this quite drying, probably because its winter. I bought Lancome's micellaire water and actually found that it removes makeup better and it is more hydrating! I've used 3 bottles of bioderma but I think I may switch to Lancomes (have only used it a short while, so as long as my skin don't react or break out!)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have very sensitive, mostly dry skin that is extremely prone to reactions caused by pretty much any skin care product.

What I like about this cleanser is that it very efficiently and quickly takes off every last trace of my makeup (including eye makeup) and thus saves me loads of time during my normal cleansing routine. I am surprised that several reviewers have stated that it doesn't remove makeup well--I wear a moderate amount every day and haven't had any problems with the product in this regard.

The very first time I used it my eyes stung a bit, but this is not something I have re-experienced since. What is problematic for me is that this product dries my skin out quite significantly--I'm talking dry, slightly scaly patches here and there. I haven't had any breakouts from it yet but cannot use this all over my face daily due to the dryness.

I will use up my bottle and update my review with a final verdict when I do so as I am not yet ready to give up on what is quite a convenient product...

UPDATE July 2nd, 2011: I have upped my rating to 4 lippies as I have found that using the product more sparingly per application eradicates the drying effect. I have had no allergic reactions or breakouts to this at all, and it is very convenient to use. Only remaining criticism? I am getting through my bottle very quickly.

on 5/13/2011 2:31:00 AM

I bought the 500ml version of this with high hopes. The product worked ok the first week I used it. Not impressive in regard to makeup removal, but it did well in removing the remaining traces after I washed my face. I love the water based consistency, but apparently there's something in it my eyes CAN'T stand.

Even if I try to use a little bit of this, my eye area becomes sore, red and extremely sensitive even to water, to the extent of having to apply Bepanthol ointment on my actual eyelids to relieve the redness, lasting for days.

Took me a couple of times to realise this makeup remover was to blame for this disaster and this is quite surprising, considering the product is directed for sensitive skin.

If you are prone to eye allergies/infections beware.

I love using this as my make up remover. This is the only DS make up remover that I have tried so far that was so gentle and does not sting my eyes at all. The only downside for me is the price. This is a very expensive drugstore make up remover. Will definitely repurchase when it goes on sale.

on 4/19/2011 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great pre-cleanser step. I hate finding residue of foundation after washing my face; my regular cleanser is meant for very dry and sensitive skin so I understand that it's not meant to strip the skin of oils, so I use this before my cleanser. I found it at Murale, which is owned by Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada for 22CAD for 250ml. I love the water consistency, the fact that it doesn't smell like anything, and how my face feels soft and tingly after. I took off a lippy because it's not that great at taking off waterproof mascara (I use Lancome's bifacil for that). Despite the price, unless I find something cheaper, I will repurchase~