April 18, 2014 | 1841 users online

Lotions/ Creams - EXTRA VIRGIN Coconut Oil (All brands)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Lyra12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only moisturizer I use. I'm always on the hunt for the healthiest and most effective moisturizer for my body. Healthy, glowing skin is my beauty secret and so I'm always striving to have the best skin I can possibly achieve. Extra Virgin Coconut Oil is the only moisturizer I've come across that has given me a glowy, even skin-tone, supple skin while reducing the appearance of fine lines. I put this on my face as well and it does not break me out. I think it has to do with what type you purchase. Make sure it is Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Unrefined, Organic and cold-pressed. I use this at night and it absorbs surprisingly fast! Your makeup will also look phenomenal on top of it (after it has absorbed completely into your skin). I plan on using this for the rest of my life and nothing else! I'm just glad I discovered it while in my twenties with barely any signs of wrinkles, this way I'm preventing it and not fighting it.

EDIT: After using it for a few weeks it began to break me out on my chest and I NEVER break out let alone on my CHEST! I had to stop using it, the bumps were so painful just my shirt rubbing against my skin hurt. If it doesn't break you out, use it. It's still a great moisturizer just not for everyone :-(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I love coconut oil. It is so healthy for you other countries have been useing as cures and remedies for years. I like to put a teaspoon in my hot coco soo good and good for you. Its good for your body inside and out what more to say. I got mine at gnc I probaly paid to much lol but oh well I have a hard time finding it where I live. I have drank 1-2 tsp before when I felt my immune system running slow, and thought I might be coming down with a cold. It helped within hours. Also a good cure for colds, flu, viral infections - you can take therapeutic doses. Google it for more info. the best type of coconut oil is virgin, unprocessed coconut oil, which is not refined, deodorized or bleached. It will be a pure white color and smell of fresh coconuts. But when I use coconut oil on my hair, it looks frizz-free, no flyaways, soft, some added shine...like healthy hair basically. I don't think it's miraculous with my hair, but it makes it look and feel a whole lot better. A reputable scientific article (from the National Institutes of Health, I believe) stated that coconut oil is the only oil that is actually absorbed into your hair and will make it stronger.I love love love this product - used to use expensive hair products, now I use only coconut oil. Get EV coconut oil though even though it's most expensive.
My hair is also quite more stronger since I started using this, and less prone to serious breakage. I see absolutely no need to be any sort of rich body cream or deep hair conditioner when this stuff exists. I also have a nasty recurring ringworm rash that pops up on my body I've tried Lotrimin, Lamisil ,prescription anti fungal,and Neosporin to say the least. I have been using extra virgin coconut oil for other uses but I decided to try it on my ringworm since I've been doing some reading on it and it seems the CO is a anti-microbial that works against yeast. I don't know if that is related to ringworm(fungal) and it seems to be helping more so then any of the other creams. It's so cheap and simple it's ridiculous - doctors are never going to tell you about it all that it can do for you.I'm not going to make this to long since this has been around for ages and theres a reason why.It helps with soooo many things.Note I have not used this on my face I am afraid of that tho and don't want to take a chance with that.thx for reading

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by kristina5475

I bought this product because of the reviews here and a friend of mine uses coconut oil to remove her makeup. It was fairly cheap at my local organic foods market so I didn't think I had much to lose. WOW! LOVE IT! I thought it was going to make my skin oily --not at all. I warm it up with my fingers and apply it to my eyes and face. My mascara melted away. I wiped it all off with a warm washcloth and there was no oily residue. AND I loved the smell. Will definitely use this more!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2011 9:48:00 AM More reviews by wallochj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased the Nutriva extra virgin olive oil to cook with after reading it was the best tasting and it would help with belly fat. But then I had a chemical peel and my face was raw! I was scared to use an acne fighting cleanser or a moisturizer that would make me break out. So one night I warmed it in my hands and used it to remove my makeup. Amazing! My waterproof mascara came right off and the oil moisturized my skin without making it breakout. I then added it to my bath and later to my son's bath to help alleviate his dry, eczema prone skin.Even my husband uses it to help his itchy skin. I haven't yet cooked with it but the smell and taste are so mild I don't think I will mind.Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by TipTopTap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Another one of those products that thoroughly surpassed my initial skepticism. I had been using a blend of liquid oils to remove my makeup, but I disliked how difficult they are to wash off. Coconut oil dissolves waterproof eye makeup and comes off cleaning with a tissue. Marvelous.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2011 12:16:00 PM More reviews by jqsuared

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm obsessed with oils. I will try anything on my face once, and it seems the cheaper the product, the better it works. I got my jar of coconut oil at Whole Foods for about 6 bucks. I didn't know what to expect at first, but I quickly realized that this stuff is golden. I use it to remove my make up, and then after I cleans my face, I put a little more coconut oil on my damp face and I just let it absorb. I have tried all the expensive cleansing oils like BB, LM, Origins, MAC and coconut oil blows them away. I'm sorry, but when your dealing out 50 bucks for a cleansing oil, I don't want the first ingredient to be Mineral oil and castor oil. I can buy more organic pure oils at WF's and KNOW that my face isn't going to react. Albeit, I don't prefer to cook with the oil I use on my face, i.e. veggie oil, but I might give the coconuts a try. Especially in a THAI dish. And for about 6 bucks a jar, you cannot feel bad about trying it.... This is a staple in my face routine. I also purchase 100% pure argon oil for 8 dollars and rose hip oil, which is great for acne, for a little more.... Maybe around 20? But I def wanted to give it a try after all the great things I read about it. Don't hesitate to put oil on your face. The more pure, the better. With lotions, the first ingredient is mineral oil and that's more than likely the cause of bad skin. Or not moisturizing at all! That is a sin!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2011 10:06:00 AM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Love this stuff. I use coconut oil for my hair, which gets really dry. I apply about a dime sized amount and it does not leave any build-up, and does not leave me with the oilies. I also use it for my skin after bathing as well. I have not tried cooking with it yet, but it can be used as a cooking oil as well. There is a light scent and taste to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2011 8:28:00 AM More reviews by annia316

Ok where to start? I love coconut oil since I started testing it after reading the reviews here on makeupalley. Here is my experience so far:

1) HAIR: I used it several times as a Hair mask. Here is what I did: I put lots of VCO into the lenghts of my towel dry hair, put a shower cap on and went to bed. In the morning I shampooed my hair two times and followed up with conditioner and Apple Cider Vinegar water. This is hands down the best hairmask I ever tried. So much better than any retail hairmask I can think of. Plus: So much cheaper and healthier for the hair!! The hair feels smooth, healthy and strong! And that feeling even stays after washing the hair another time. AMAZING!! Can highly recommend this!

2) Makeup Remover: I use VCO to remove my eye makeup each day. I simply smear it on my eyes and rub rub rub. I remove the excess oil with a wet cottonpad and all the Mascara is gone! No more dirty towels :P My favourite and also cheapest Eyemakeup Remover!

3) Body lotion: Each time after I shower I rub some VCO on my lower legs. My skin there always has been rahter dry and itchy. But since I started capturing the moist with VCO there it is super smooth and healthy :) No more dry itchy flaky skin!! Perfect!!

I plan on trying oil pulling with it too since I experienced really good results with other oils in the past. But first I need to get another glas of VCO for consuming only :) I won't take something in the mouth out of my "body&hair"-coconutoil glas :P

UPDATE: 10/2011 ... I am on my fifth or sixth glass of VCO now .. Nothing of its amazingness has changed and I will always buy this again for the above mentioned :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2011 11:08:00 AM More reviews by georgielynn

This is a review of Parachute Oil -- coconut oil. I've been using it as a facial moisturizer for a couple of months now and I am amazed! This is just a great moisturizer -- it adds just the right amount of moisture back into the skin and doesn't have any kind of ingredients that an allergic or sensitive skin person or rosacea person like me will react to.

I have been wearing it at night, and wake up with pale -- not red skin. All the other moisturizers I've used have been giving me slightly red (to problematically broken out) skin in the morning. I also wear it under make-up (I wear Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation which needs a good moisturizer as a base).

The problems are the container. I had to decant it, because I could not for the life of me squeeze out the oil. It gets little solidified coconut pieces in there. I rub the oil in my hands before applying it, so as to drop the pieces off, so it's not a big deal. But getting it out of the container was a big problem.

I don't know if Parachute compares to other coconut oil products out there, but I've bought 3 of the smallest size bottles now, and none of them were "off" or stale smelling which seems great since oil can go off or rancid so quickly.

You can use it in your hair too, but it makes my hair too greasy. it's better used on face & neck -- plus skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Begina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been interested in trying OCM (Oil Cleansing Method) for some time but didn't have castor oil. I found a jar of extra virgin coconut oil in my cabinet that I had tried on my hair to great results so I figured I'd give this a go. WOW! I LOVE it for removing make up - eye MU especially. Simply amazing. No strenuous rubbing of the tender eye area at all.

Here's what I do: melt a small amount in my hands and begin to massage my face with the oil. It really feels nice since I take my time. I do the eye area last. I take a washcloth that has been soaking in hot water and apply it to my face and let it set for a minute. Then I use the cloth to remove the oil. My face is so smooth! And for me it's a relaxing ritual. For moistuizer I use plain jojoba oil or rose infused jojoba. Love this combo for my combo/oily skin.