Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (All brands)

4.5

Cocos nucifera

on 6/6/2011 10:16:00 AM

As a body & feet moisturizer, its my new HG for summer (might not be quite enough for winter). For hair and scalp it's fabulous. Massaged onto scalp, it helps control my dandruff & makes my hair softer witth less frizz. Once hair is dry, I can even use a little more for extra shine. Good for oral hygene and for cooking (LOL) it's what I would call a SUPER OIL. Plus the bonus is that it's super inexpensive & you can get it in any health food store.

on 6/4/2011 8:31:00 PM

Love coconut oil it's my dery skin secret weapon. It's not overly oily like some other types of oils out there. I use it on my body all year round and it heals and conceals dry skin. Its great in the summer on the legs because it has a bit of healthy shine to it that makes your legs look so smooth from afar, even if you haven't shaved. What else can I say, its all natural, not heavy and super healthy for the skin.

on 6/4/2011 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is sooo good for skin.

on 6/4/2011 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I really like coconut oil as a body lotion, especially in the winter. It makes my skin feel soft, smooth and supple for days and days! It takes about 5 minutes to soak into my skin which I don't mind, but I really hate the smell. Either way, it leaves my skin so hydrated so I'm not too fussed. It helped clear up some eczema I had on the back of my knees within days, and helps with the KP on my upper arms aswell. Great stuff.

on 6/4/2011 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I use this in my hair after I've washed it, sometimes instead of a conditioner. I put some in a white jar and scoop some out and rub my hands together and apply to my damp hair, comb through and it air dries while I sleep and that's that. Brush and style the next morning. Perfect for wavy hair that's worn in a ponytail daily. I only wash my hair every 4 days or so and coconut oil doesn't make it yukky, just soft and shiny and healthy. Love it. One jar of extra virgin unrefined coconut oil last a long time.

on 6/1/2011 10:55:00 PM

I tried coconut oil at the advice of family. I was wary, fearing a breakout, but I've used it sparingly and my skin feels great! This is one of the best cheap moisturizers I've ever used. I bought the Whole Foods brand, it smells like toasted coconut. It is solid at first, but melts on your skin. A little goes a long way.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

ever since my hair has grown longer i have been obssessed with keeping it nice and healthy. i started using joico k-pak restorative oil everyday and introduced leave in hair masks into my routine. so basically i apply masks or oils into my hair hours before i wash it and just kind of let it all soak into my hair. at first i was using an oil called kumarika which is apparently sri lankan and it worked pretty well. however the fact that it is an oil means its really messy to apply and it has a really strong scent that is nice but interferes with my shampoo smell.so after carefully consulting with reviews here, i picked up a jar of coconut oil from my local grocery store. its solid, so it applies nicely and is not as messy. unfortunately mines been deoderised so doesnt smell like coconut...but what is really important is that my hair is seriously so nice!! omg!!!totally soft, detangled and so healthy looking!! go get yourself a jar!!

Edit: this oil seems to make my black hair even blacker and richer in color if that is possible. please note though my hair is naturally black so the same thing might not apply to those who have colored their hair. i also dont think the jar is going to last me forever (i bought a 200g one) and i might have to resort to trademe (our ebay here in NZ) to get some more for cheaper. it also works great as an eye make up remover, it takes off waterproof mascara but does not leave that oily residue behind which other oils do.i dont know how it would perform in removing face make up because i dont usually wear foundation. its less messy than other types of make up remover as its solid and wont spill everywhere.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

Desert island product right here!
Great on my skin especially in the winter to boost my moisturiser, I use some of it in my oil cleanser to hydrate my skin, amazing on my hair as a conditioner and for protecting it when blow-drying... I even hear it's used in cooking!

on 5/31/2011 10:14:00 AM

Coconut oil is great 4 sooo much. Initially I got it for dry scalp and it really helped. I wear it at night, about twice a week and altho I have to cover the pillow case cuz of stains its totally worth it. After Washing out my hair and scalp feel great. I also started using it on my baby from like 3months, olive oil didn't suit her skin but this has been fine. I don't even use baby oil on her,she's always had baby soft skin with this. Definitely will keep buying this.

on 5/31/2011 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Coconut Oil is the best! I use it on my face and it doesn't make me super oily, I even try to turn it into a facial mask :D It doesn't affect my skin even when I have breakouts. I even use coconut oil for my hair every single day. It really does help prevent my hair from splitting, since I wash my hair every single day. I use it mixed with my conditioner and it does wonders for my hair! :) I love this and I will definitely repurchase when I run out of my tub. It has so many uses and is so inexpensive.

Top Rated No Brand (DIY or homemade) Products