April 21, 2014 | 979 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Instant Heat Tamer Spray

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2010 9:48:00 PM More reviews by violetsiva

It is cheap, smells good, and the nozzle is amazing at spraying out a very fine mist. I really liked it at first. It made my hair feel a bit crunchy, but I was okay with that too. The reason I am beginning to hate this product is because it doesn't really seem to be protecting my hair all that well. I spray a ton on before blow drying and then spray a ton more while using a flat iron. My hair started looking really fried and I never had that experience with CHI styling products. I am having to resort to putting oils in my hair once a week to compensate for the dryness, and the only thing that's changed in my hair routine has been this spray.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2010 10:38:00 PM More reviews by amism

I really like the smell of this product. Definitely protects my hair from heat damage and also helps with frizz.

The price is affordable, but locating it my area can be difficult.

However there's no way to lock the spray part, so traveling with this product can be a little messy.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2010 4:57:00 PM More reviews by lolarious

This product is absolutely terrible. I'm shocked by the amount of peopel that think it actually "protects" your hair. It's more like spraying scented water on your hair. I hate it, and the fact that one of the main ingredients in this product is alcohol says alot about it...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2010 3:59:00 PM More reviews by NAK4beauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i don't know so many people are saying this product isn't good! aside from using it as a really good heat protector, I use it as a conditioning spray to detangle my hair when I get out of the shower. It makes my hair feel really conditioned and soft and does a great job at protecting from heat.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2010 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Workoutgirl3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Kinky, Other Eyes: Blue

This product made my hair look greasy. It smells nice though. I would not want to purchase again because I don't really like the overly shiny look

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2010 1:52:00 AM More reviews by miszjackie

bought it because of the great reviews. it let me down :( its crunchy-feeling. not exactly SILKY feeling like my CHI silk infusion. I use my CHI as a heat protector. does a better job.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2010 4:54:00 PM More reviews by fionam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this product at Shoppers Drug Mart and it wasn't that cheap for a drugstore product.

The reason why I got it is because I saw a lot of gurus on YouTube using this product prior to using heat products.

Now in the past I never used heat protectant products and never noticed the damage it did to the ends of my hair. I would get split ends within a few months after my haircut.

After using this product, my hair actually got worse. I would get split ends one month after cutting my hair. Also it was hard to control where I would spray the product since I would like it to be concentrated on the ends of my hair.

This product smells wonderful, so I can give it that. But it phases me how a heat protectant product that claims to be nourishing for the hair, can contain alcohol.

A lot of people compared this product to the CHI Silk Infusion, so I decided to conduct a test between the two to determine a winner. Here's the link if you're interested:

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2010 2:24:00 PM More reviews by halwa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This leaves my hair feeling stiff and coated, no matter how little I use. That is the true drawback of this product. I expect sleek weightless hair to be the result after a blow dry and this product did not deliver in that respect at all. I will try other heat protecting spray/products instead.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2010 4:31:00 PM More reviews by cnabbey88

I bought this product because I saw that there was a lot of people on youtube using this product. I got it and its just kind of meh.... I don't think that this product is amazing. I feel that my hair hasn't gotten better or worse in using it (not that it's supposed to). The smell is very tresemme like and its kind of strong in my opinion. I use it it everyone once in a while but I have another product that I use from Redkin (Smoothdown Glide) that I love and that's what I use before heat styling. I don't hate this product and I don't love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 10:09:00 PM More reviews by asianqt96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I absolutely love this heat protectant! It enhances results, it keeps my hair protected, and it even works as a leave-in conditioner. I have very straight hair, but I adore curls, so I use my curling iron all the time, and this product keeps my hair from looking like crap.