October 23, 2014 | 1743 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat (Radiant Touch)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2008 6:25:00 AM More reviews by bellefranjic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is easy to take this little wonder for granted. After trying numerous other brighteners and concealers (most with an unnatural shimmer that is OTT for day wear), I can see why I keep going back to this. It really is a brightener in the true sense of the word. No sparkles, no oil or shine, just a lovely, matte, natural brightening effect that can be moderated with a light dusting of powder. It doesn't set in fine lines and it has very good lasting power. The packaging is excellent - it dispenses just the right amount and the brush is not bad - though I prefer to use a concealer brush or, on spots, to lightly pat it with a finger for an effective camouflage. I've found that it also works well on moisturised lips as a primer/base. I've just purchased Laura Mercier's Secret Brightener and it does not stack up. The latter is nice for a shimmery, 'red carpet' glam look (add it to your stash when you've run out of other products to buy), but it is not in the same league as Touche Eclat as a bona fide brightener, which I consider a staple.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2008 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Ania_Wang

This is a really nice highlighter. I apply it under my eyes, on lip corners and sometimes even as a conceler on small imperfections. Actually it can be used variously.
It has a very light, smooth texute, so the skin won't be hurt or dried out.
Some people are dissapointed with this product just because they expect it to work the same way as conceler. But the packaging says: HIGHLIGHTER.
As a highlighter this product is working good for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2008 3:46:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is such a cult product that I was expecting great things from it. Touche Eclat is pretty good for brightening, but as I don't have dark circles under my eyes (the main purpose for the product, according to the SA), I found it has limited uses for me. It works well to highlight the bridge of the nose and area right above the cupid's bow, but I can't use it as a concealer, and have other highlighters I prefer over this. Good thing, I suppose, because for the amount you get it's rather expensive for regular usage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2008 8:15:00 PM More reviews by bergamott

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hello Lover!
I cannot imagine life without this product. This is my HG! I need this to look human and obviously, prettier. This is a concealer/brightener/make-me-pretty product and I use it daily to cover up dark cirkles under/around the eye area. This product brightens and lessens the appearance of dark cirkles, blotchy skin, red marks/imperfections and the like. It is perfect to use on eyelids also to set powder shadow or just even out skintone. Burst blood vessels are no match, it's easy to cover and/or diffuse any type of imperfection with the brush-on, smooth, moisturising formula. One warning is issued; do NOT use on acne or wounds! Bacteria will get into the brush and you'll spread it around. use another product for covering of blemishes and pimples. Would buy it again and again and pray to the God of Makeup they never discontinue this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2008 12:54:00 PM More reviews by missy_c

Lovely product, love the packaging and the texture of the product , it goes on really easily and blends very well. It is not good as a concealer and if very dark circles are present then you' d need to put concealer first, I like applying this over foundation rather than the other way around. I chose a no 2 but it might have been a bit too lite for me and will probably need to purchase no3 for the summer months

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2008 10:34:00 PM More reviews by dorisdx

I use it for under-eye only when traveling.
I was told I could use it for any imperfection on my face when I bought it. It's simply not true. It's kinda shiny and has this pinky glow which looks very weird when I try to cover my acne marks w/ it. However it's a wonderful product for under-eye coverage. I have dark circles and I usually use the bobbi brown eye brightener at home. When I travel, this radiant touch works a like a charm cos it's very small, and convenient to carry. It's also very expensive and I don't like the brush that it comes with. Therefore I'll stick with my eye brightener for everyday use and keep this for traveling.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2008 12:44:00 AM More reviews by pimmy5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I brought this product off the internet ( normally £22 but got it for 14 something) so i thought i should it a try since it's cheaper than in stores,
When i 1st got it, i didn't know if it would be too dark or light for my skin ( i got shade 3) when i 1st put it on it seemed a little too light so i had to mix a tiniest bit of foundation with it but as i kept using it it just seemed to blend really well without having to mix it.
I also tried taking a photo with flash with one eye having the concealer on and the other one without and the difference was amazing!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2008 6:05:00 PM More reviews by sionsion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

An expensive sort-of useless product. It is a lovely colour and perhaps it would be good to have a sheer foundation in this colour. However Touche Eclat hardly makes a difference to skin tone at all and it is impractically thin (almost invisible). It is nice to put inbetween the lips and chin and in the creases at the side of the nose, but that's all it is useful for- and at the price of £22 ($44 approx)?

The parts of your skin that you can use this on will have to be unblemished enough for you not to have to put concealer on. Therefore, for the silly price, surely it is better to let them go natural?

Also, the application brush is difficult to clean and you end up wasting the expensive touche eclat as you clean it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2008 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Nixxi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been wearing this on and off since it was launched and it is only now that I really appreciate Touche Eclat. If you'd have asked me two weeks ago I would have said it was useless and a waste of money. I rediscovered my 'pen' after putting it in another makeup bag and wondered whether it would enhance my Cle de Peau concealer. I applied a little over the concealer and set it with Laura Mercier Secret Brightneing Powder and the results - WOW! I'm really impressed, I did a half face challenge and there was a visible difference - even my husband noticed and 3 hours later I'm still impressed! I will definitely re-purchase this. EDIT: Since I wrote this review I've discovered Givenchy Mister Light Corrective Pen which is sooo much better than this. I will never purchase another Touche Eclat again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2007 2:03:00 AM More reviews by Lesity

First of all, I love all the packages of YSL coz they're excellent. Radiant Touch is my first product of YSL and it really made me become a fan. It's light and able to brighten the discolored area such as nosewings and corners of the mouth without heavy makeup. Most of the time I carry it with me as a mini foundation with which I can fix makeup easily. But the only problem is you gotta clean the brush real good after application or else it smells like dog sh*t. XD Good product, worth buying, and it's not so expensive.