December 17, 2014 | 1716 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2008 10:54:00 AM More reviews by TammieK

This is a pretty good product. It's not overly drying and didn't cause breakouts or anything. It's just a little too much work for me. When I first started using this I was super excited about it and I didn't mind the extra time mixing it into a paste. After a while though, I got tired of it and started squirting a pump of my Philosophy Purity in my palm instead. Also, I didn't like exfoliating my face so often. Now I just use Ocean Salt every 10 days or so.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2008 8:01:00 PM More reviews by nobunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

eh, i don't feel any particular way about this product. it is mediocre to me. i don't really feel exfoliated when i use it, nor do i feel exceptionally clean. i just feel like i used a very bland face soap. all i like about this is i guess the gimmick of the product, like mixing it or the smell or texture. i don't mind the preportioned package - i just keep it on a little triangle shelf in my shower and its never gotten water in it. you could pick a more expensive lush product but it's still a little expensive. i like coalface much more for exfoliating and deep cleaning. buyer dont get suckered from aesthetics! LUSH is ultra tricky this way!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2008 1:23:00 PM More reviews by lectriceye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really liked this product. It's perfect for dry skin, it really softens and smooths. I use it in winter time and get great results!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2008 2:58:00 PM More reviews by cwa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have a love/hate relationship with LUSH. I love this cleaner but I hate the application and the packaging. I find I waste soo much product because I have to scoop it out with my fingers, it falls apart and winds up in the sink. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2008 9:37:00 PM More reviews by guigen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Have used this product for 8 years and still love it. It's wonderful to use in the morning before doing your makeup, a great primer. Softens and smooths and plumps my skin, leaves it glowing a radiant all day even under makeup. If i forget to use it for a couple of weeks, I notice my skin looks duller and dry.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2008 11:57:00 PM More reviews by jamie620

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I began to use this product, I loved it, it made my skin feel very soft and smooth. After using this product for about a month, my forehead and chin broke out in o bunch of nasty bumps. I stopped using AOBS about two weeks ago and the bumps are finally beginning to clear up. I was thrilled to begin with, but became disappointed with the product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2008 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Mutschi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I didn`t get this. I don`t think it did anything for my skin. It reminds me of smashing a certain kind of drug in my hands and desperately try to make a paste of it so it`s spreadable, but it just didn`t work. Smells kind of nice, but LUSH has plenty of other goodies which smell good and actually DO something...

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2008 9:32:00 PM More reviews by katmendez

Angels on Bare Skin has all-natural ingredients with soft, yet powerful exfoliants. My skin feels clean and balanced - not oily or tight. It helps with my occasional acne breakouts, which I get far less frequently with this product. Unlike detergent-based cleansers, this is quite natural so it lathers only a bit. All this means is that you need to wash it clean away and leave no residue.

The downside is that it can be slightly messy and like many Lush products, there's an expiration date. I prefer this because it means there are no preservatives.

I strongly recommend using this in the shower, not sink. Also, paired with Lush Gorgeous moisturizer it balanced and softened my skin.

However, I stopped using any products with parabens, which includes a lot of Lush products :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2008 9:30:00 AM More reviews by SuzanneDee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Angels and St Ives Apricot Scrub are two products that have changed my life!
Don't let the gooey, wet cement texture of Angels bother you and remember that the pea-sized single-use portion of Angels needs just a few drops of water to form a paste. I like to leave mine on for two minutes after the two minutes of massage; I end up feeling cleaner.
My only problem: The paste thingie gets into my nose and I have to fake-sneeze to clean my nostrils after I've rinsed!
Still, it's cleared up my spotty forehead and I have fewer nasty surprises when it's that time of the month. That alone is worth the product's looks and price.
I do wish they'd let me take my empty jar to the Lush store for a refill. You'd think that after all their noises about being friends of the environment, they'd have at least thought up a system for loyalists to reuse their tubs!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 8:18:00 AM More reviews by angieangie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this stuff. I have acne prone skin, but this evens out the dry and oily parts of my skin. My skin feels so clean after using it. I like the smell too!