October 30, 2014 | 1354 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2006 5:05:00 AM More reviews by virginrose

I seem to be the minority here unfortunately. When I came across the use of apple cider vinegar for skin and its benefits on MUA, I was floored; a simple concoction used with simple old ACV can do all that for my skin? I had to try it. I got myself a bottle, and followed the instructions, making sure to dilute the vinegar. Initially, when I swiped some of the mixture on my face, it felt so soft and left a nice glow. I was impressed, but unfortunately, after a few uses, it really aggravated my skin and left me with even more breakouts than I had prior to its use. I diluted it more and more to see if that would work, but no luck. My skin started to look really unhealthy and feel very raw. Such a disappointment because this would've been such a cheap and simple skincare alternative to all the expensive trash out there that promises so much but does so very little. But even though it didn't work out for me, I do think it's worth a try. Looking at all the great reviews here, it just could work out great for you. Just use with caution if your skin tends to be sensitive like mine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2006 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Justina17

So I was using the orange Clean & Clear toner for a while and wanted to use it up before I tried something else. One day my skin just decided it wasn't going to have it. Even Dermalogica irritated my skin.

I decided to give ACV a try. In a small spray bottle I put 3/4 ACV to 1/4 water. I spray it onto a cotton pad and apply. I must warn you that I do this in the evening because the smell does linger for a while and it isn't pretty.

I calmed my skin almost immediately. I have been using this for a couple of weeks now and just noticed that my skin stopped being so oily midday. I haven't really changed much else so it has to be this.

A little goes a long way! Try it in a spray bottle - its much more hygenic.

Good luck!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2006 11:37:00 PM More reviews by csthorne

I really love this! I didnít see much of a change for the first 2 weeks but after that my skin discoloration has improved. Not only has it improved but it was not a drastic change, where your face shows flaking. I have discoloration from being on the pill for years. I have tried quite a few other products including Retin A. This is better and seriously cheaper. I mixed 2/3 Apple Cider Vinegar (couldnít find Braggs) from Wal-Mart with Green Tea, put it in a old rubbing alcohol bottle and was set. I use it every night. The smell is nothing special but it really doesnít bother me. Will be using this for years!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2006 10:39:00 AM More reviews by LouiseHourihan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well I've only been using this for a few days, so I'll update my review when I've been using this for a bit longer. I mixed about half Heinz apple cider vinegar, half water, and about a tsp. of C.O. Bigelow Triple Rosewater. The rosewater didn't do much for the smell, but I like to think it has essential oils in it. I can't tell if it's doing anything for the clarity of my skin yet, but after I use it my skin does feel really soft and nice. I've noticed no redness and no burning either. I haven't developed any new pimples since I've been using this, which is amazing considering right now is the time of the month I usually break out the worst. The biggest drawback for me is the smell, even at the end of the day I can still smell it. Just a word of advice, If you're planning on going to the gym, wash this off your face first because once you start sweating the vinegar smell will get stronger and stronger! I just hope the person on the next treadmill over couldn't smell it!
***EDIT*** I've been using this for a while now, and while at 1st it seemed to be working, now my face is just as bad as ever if not worse (cystic acne on my cheeks, I've never even had little pimples there before!):( So I dropped this down to one lippie since the only thing I'm getting out of this is a stinky face.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2006 2:25:00 PM More reviews by KristenT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have tried this as a toner mixed with 2/3 water. It seems to work fine, although the smell is not pleasant, and my face is clear. What I really like this for is sunburn. I use the same mix and add a few ice cubes, dip a washcloth in it and wring it out and lay it on my sunburn (apparently my sunscreen had expired and did NOTHING). It takes out the burn like you wouldn't believe!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2006 10:59:00 PM More reviews by luluhb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, straight up vinegar (preceeded with a light meat tenderizer rub with cetaphil) and followed by coconut oil has changed my skin...and my life. I no longer have keratosis pilaris whereas nothing else worked. This is my #1 product for the rest of my life. (Gosh it stinks! :) )

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2006 6:17:00 PM More reviews by blackviolet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this once a day for almost a week. I mixed one part ACV with one part brewed green tea, a few drops of honey, and 1 part water. adding the honey and green tea makes the smell a million times better. Besides leaving my face feeling a bit dry and slightly glazed/sticky (maybe the honey?), I haven't noticed any difference yet.

Maybe I need to change my recipe? I have dry/sensitive skin prone to breakouts. I saw that someone put lemon in it, but that may be too acidic for me. Any other suggestions? continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2006 7:22:00 PM More reviews by clairechacha

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

TERRIFIC!
Any brand of ACV works. This stuff is awesome, just DON'T APPLY AFTER EXFOLIATION/MICRODERMABRASION-it will burn.
Definitely recommend the dilution of vinegar with green tea--the antioxidants are great.
The reason why this stuff works: It contains Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs) which turns over skin cells and exfoliates.
super cheap too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2006 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Licorice86

I was a little afraid to try this, because I am currently on acne meds that have a tendency to make my skin sensitive, and also very oily (I have strange skin). I had oily skin to begin with and nothing seems to help keep me matte for longer than about an hour. I finally decided, what damage could it do? I tried it and after one application, I noticed that a pimple that was forming on my face had shrunk to almost gone. I now use this all the time, 2-3 times a day to control the oil and it works great! I even experimented with using with sunscreen and make up (which usually leaves me a grease pit after 4-5 hours) and found significantly less oil. This stuff is great. I spritz on diluted (1/3 AVC, 2/3 green tea and 2 asprin). But be careful when spritzing by lips can be drying (I use a slab of vaseline first before spritzing and then its no problem) Great product, excellent price, smell dissipates.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2006 11:00:00 AM More reviews by anna5155

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is AMAZING. It works great combined with my other skincare products (from Vichy), and my pores are smaller, it's easier to get ride off blackheads, less zits, even skincolor - with other words - This is the product every skincare brand wished they would've had come up with!! You can use any apple cider vinegar, Bragg's not necessary.
Yes, it's smelly but hey, I can live with that as long as the results are this good. I love it!!
UPDATE: don't use it anymore. can't put up with the smell, haha ;)