August 22, 2014 | 1195 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2006 7:22:00 PM More reviews by clairechacha

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

TERRIFIC!
Any brand of ACV works. This stuff is awesome, just DON'T APPLY AFTER EXFOLIATION/MICRODERMABRASION-it will burn.
Definitely recommend the dilution of vinegar with green tea--the antioxidants are great.
The reason why this stuff works: It contains Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs) which turns over skin cells and exfoliates.
super cheap too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2006 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Licorice86

I was a little afraid to try this, because I am currently on acne meds that have a tendency to make my skin sensitive, and also very oily (I have strange skin). I had oily skin to begin with and nothing seems to help keep me matte for longer than about an hour. I finally decided, what damage could it do? I tried it and after one application, I noticed that a pimple that was forming on my face had shrunk to almost gone. I now use this all the time, 2-3 times a day to control the oil and it works great! I even experimented with using with sunscreen and make up (which usually leaves me a grease pit after 4-5 hours) and found significantly less oil. This stuff is great. I spritz on diluted (1/3 AVC, 2/3 green tea and 2 asprin). But be careful when spritzing by lips can be drying (I use a slab of vaseline first before spritzing and then its no problem) Great product, excellent price, smell dissipates.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2006 11:00:00 AM More reviews by anna5155

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is AMAZING. It works great combined with my other skincare products (from Vichy), and my pores are smaller, it's easier to get ride off blackheads, less zits, even skincolor - with other words - This is the product every skincare brand wished they would've had come up with!! You can use any apple cider vinegar, Bragg's not necessary.
Yes, it's smelly but hey, I can live with that as long as the results are this good. I love it!!
UPDATE: don't use it anymore. can't put up with the smell, haha ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2006 12:10:00 AM More reviews by sammydavis

If you haven't tried ACV for a toner, you don't know what you're missing. Skin feels soft and smooth and it takes care of any problem areas. For those of us looking for an inexpensive yet effective toner...this is it!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2006 10:18:00 AM More reviews by AmbrosiaJewel

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an updated review from using Apple Cider Vinegar for 3 months now. I was like many people here - loved the stuff, praised it. But now my warning is please don't use it - I started getting impetigo all the time (never in my life have i had this) and it's from the vinegar. Vinegar is way to harsh for sensitive skin and although the results were good at first, it has damaged my skin so now I get bacterial infections for no reason. Teriible TERRIBLE product - never will I touch the stuff ever again! It has ruined my life since I used it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2006 6:04:00 PM More reviews by irene87

this stufff really does work!!!
but i was wondering.... does this stuff make anyone else's face whiter?
i feel like my face is paler than the rest of my body after i started using this

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2006 3:18:00 PM More reviews by sooperxcrazy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this because of the good reviews here, i kinda doubted it would work though, but i decided to give it a chance any way. This stuff is AMAZING! I have typical teen skin, with the occastional breakout and zit here and there. Once i started using this my skin tone has evened out, my pores are smaller, just WOW. my skin has improved dramaticly! Right now my skin is completly clear, soft and my complextion is amazingg ever since i started using this. I rarely ever break out now. the only problem i have is that it is SUPER drying especially since I also use Benzoyl Peroxide, so i add 1 part water and 1 part ACV, which seems to work. I definatly recommand a moisturizer too. This stuff isnt as smelly as everyone says, smells like vinegar and a hint of apple, so if u can tolerate that, then you should definatly try this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2006 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Animimi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has been an amazing addition to my nighttime routine. I have oily skin and large pores, and using diluted ACV (50/50-ish) as a toner has made a huge difference for me. My skin was clean, soft and much clearer after using this for just a few days. Occasionally I've had a few dry patches, but using a weaker concentration of ACV and a little extra moisturizer fixed it right away.

I also love this as a hair rinse, and recently bought the tablets to try internally!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2006 1:08:00 AM More reviews by xEuphoria

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

AMAZING. I love this stuff. I just use Heinz Apple Cider Vinegar, and it's worked wonders on my face. I use it every night, wait for 20 minutes, and then I put on another acne medication. I also drink a lot of water. Between these 3 things, my skin is nearly perfectly clear, and it hasn't been since I was in 4th grade. ACV is seriously a miracle. It does kind of burn if you have dry skin, but it doesn't hurt for long. And the smell is a bit weird at first, but you get used to it really fast. Overall, this stuff works.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2006 1:18:00 AM More reviews by Chena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using this for 2 weeks now and I haven't seen a difference.. Will continue to update. I just wanted to say though DO NOT DO NOT absent mindedly put this on after you exfoliate/microdermabrate because it will BURN. I'm still cringing.

EDIT:
I've been using this everyday for months now! I think this is def what's helping my skin stay clear. I haven't had a major breakout in forever! It def controls the oilies. My skin is pretty tough so I put it on full strength morning and night