Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

4.2

Apple Cider Vinegar

I dilute the Braggs with water and after I wash my face I apply it with a cotton ball and then I cut open an aloe vera gel capsule that I get at GNC and rub it all over my face and neck. I also drink 2 teaspoons of the Braggs in 10 ounces of water twice a day. I sweeten it with some Stevia and it tastes a bit like lemonade to me. I have been stuggling with acne for years now and this has made a HUGE improvement. Not only has it dramatically cut down on my breakouts...it is really helping to even out my skintone and give me a beautiful glow. I LOVE this stuff!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Last year I noticed brown spots on my cheeks-probably from age, or sun. I couldn't cover it up as foundation made it more obvious, so I thought I would try Bragg's ACV on it. I had read in a booklet all about Apple Cider vinegar that it was great for removing age spots, you were to dab some on the spots with a q-tip, twice a day, and leave on for 10 minutes. It said that it would take several weeks to see results. Well I tried it- please note your skin may turn red at first, either because you put too much, or left it too long. It does get used to it. I thought I had nothing to lose, and didn't really pay attention until possibly 2 months went by. I looked in the mirror and realized my brown spots had completely disappeared. The skin on my cheeks was an even color again. I have always had nice skin and was really upset when it looked like I had dirt on my cheeks. This is a wonderful product for that. I should mention though, that it is not permanent. Sun damage is deep in the skin, and may always be here, but the ACV does a gentle job of fading the brown until it is invisible. You don't need to worry about the skin around it lightening, it only works on the brown. If you find your skin too sensitive, dilute it in water. I would rather use something natural rather than a chemical fading creme. Had this not worked though, I would have tried anything at any cost.

After being overwhelmed with the quick "before" and "after" look of using the aspirin mask, it has encouraged me to do DIY facial products. I am asian, with combination skin, which is incredibly annoying. (Aspirin mask is great, but doesn't really lasts, and makes the skin quite dry after 5 minutes of having "baby" skin) Yesterday, I made a ACV toner, with 3/4 of strong green tea (just put a teabag in some water, and let it rest for a while) and 1/4 apple cider vinegar. My skin pretty much liked it (though I didn't like the smell) and it doesn't make a person break out or anything. Definetely recommened, as it does tone the skin and makes it a bit smoother (I've only used it twice) but when I put on powder foundation this morning, it went on better than ever!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

LOVE THIS STUFF.

I have very oily skin and tend to have large pores on and around my nose. I also suffered with severe cystic acne for several years which accutane cleared right up, but then left me with red marks aallllll over my cheeks. I dilute the ACV with water and then apply twice a day. The difference really is amazing, my redmarks are fading SO fast it's unbelievable! I went downstairs the other morning with no make up on and my mom thought I was wearing some! Crazy!

To put it into makeupalley terms, this is, like, so totally my HG! : )

Well, I had to chuckle when I read the review about one gal's husband thinking she was keeping "weird" stuff in the bathroom. My husband will see a new breakout on my face and say "its all that weird stuff your putting on it, stop doing that!" Well, I love the aspirin mask, honey mask is harmless, even Ive tried washing with powdered milk and what ever else there is. I do not however like ACV at all. The first day or two I thought it was working, but after continued use and more breakouts I decided that this is not agreeing with my skin at all. Not everyones's ph is the same, and I think thats why it works for some and not for others. Whoever it works for, the ACV is probably correcting the unbalanced ph. If it doesnt work, it is more than likely throwing the ph off. Im not sure exactly sure how it works, but thats my theory. Either love it or hate it. Gave middle rating just because of the 50/50 chance that you'll like it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love it, use it right after my asprin mask. my skin looks great! I use 1/2 ACV, 1/2 green tea, keep it in the fridge and use it whenever i want, cause it is cheap! can be a little drying, but that's good for my oily skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

i dilute this with water, and in conjunction with baking soda as a scrub, this combo has almost gotten rid of all of my stubborn acne that has plagued me for ten years. i have super sensitive, dry, acne-prone skin and was afraid the vinegar would be too harsh. i was wrong. i am speechless. works great!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I liked this OK. It definitely stinks but it seemed to balance out my skin. I've recently discovered Frownies Complexion Wash which calls itself a "cider wash" and apple juice is it's second ingredient! So far I love it. All other face washes, no matter how gentle they say they are, dry out my skin. This one doesn't, and my skin seems to get softer and more balanced with each wash. For the record, I have very oily and acne prone skin so we'll see how it helps with preventing the acne. So for everyone that likes the apple cider vinegar, I recommend you try this.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

although the vinegar is cheap, making the toner isn't really worth the time and the money. i made made mine by diluting equal parts of vinegar and green tea (made with distilled water). i think added a drop of aloe vera gel and a couple of aspirin tabs and stored it in the refrigerator. it seemed really clear up my skin for a couple of weeks, but then my skin started to react again and started breaking out all the time. the breakouts were much less than regular, but i think it was because of the vinegar and over-exfoliation. also.... the smell seemed to last forever. i would put on the toner in the morning and would THINK that the smell went away but was able to smell it again at night when washing my face.

maybe it will work if i just diluted it with distilled water and made a new batch almost everyday, but it's better to use a toner that is known to work (like DDF's glycolic toner). i myself am using AHA 12% souffle. i like it much better.

OMAI GOSE! i can't say enough about this product. I started using it in the summer and my skin looked so healthy and clear. I never attributed the glow and even skin tone i had to this, but when i stopped (since october 2006 it's now feb.) my skin became worse and worse ( i stopped because paula wrote soemthing about vinegar being irritating skin). Now i have been using this for about a week and my skin is calming down again and is all glowy. YAY!

Video Reviews & Tutorials