September 21, 2014 | 1052 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2006 2:25:00 PM More reviews by KristenT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have tried this as a toner mixed with 2/3 water. It seems to work fine, although the smell is not pleasant, and my face is clear. What I really like this for is sunburn. I use the same mix and add a few ice cubes, dip a washcloth in it and wring it out and lay it on my sunburn (apparently my sunscreen had expired and did NOTHING). It takes out the burn like you wouldn't believe!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2006 10:59:00 PM More reviews by luluhb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, straight up vinegar (preceeded with a light meat tenderizer rub with cetaphil) and followed by coconut oil has changed my skin...and my life. I no longer have keratosis pilaris whereas nothing else worked. This is my #1 product for the rest of my life. (Gosh it stinks! :) )

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2006 6:17:00 PM More reviews by blackviolet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this once a day for almost a week. I mixed one part ACV with one part brewed green tea, a few drops of honey, and 1 part water. adding the honey and green tea makes the smell a million times better. Besides leaving my face feeling a bit dry and slightly glazed/sticky (maybe the honey?), I haven't noticed any difference yet.

Maybe I need to change my recipe? I have dry/sensitive skin prone to breakouts. I saw that someone put lemon in it, but that may be too acidic for me. Any other suggestions? continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2006 7:22:00 PM More reviews by clairechacha

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

TERRIFIC!
Any brand of ACV works. This stuff is awesome, just DON'T APPLY AFTER EXFOLIATION/MICRODERMABRASION-it will burn.
Definitely recommend the dilution of vinegar with green tea--the antioxidants are great.
The reason why this stuff works: It contains Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs) which turns over skin cells and exfoliates.
super cheap too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2006 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Licorice86

I was a little afraid to try this, because I am currently on acne meds that have a tendency to make my skin sensitive, and also very oily (I have strange skin). I had oily skin to begin with and nothing seems to help keep me matte for longer than about an hour. I finally decided, what damage could it do? I tried it and after one application, I noticed that a pimple that was forming on my face had shrunk to almost gone. I now use this all the time, 2-3 times a day to control the oil and it works great! I even experimented with using with sunscreen and make up (which usually leaves me a grease pit after 4-5 hours) and found significantly less oil. This stuff is great. I spritz on diluted (1/3 AVC, 2/3 green tea and 2 asprin). But be careful when spritzing by lips can be drying (I use a slab of vaseline first before spritzing and then its no problem) Great product, excellent price, smell dissipates.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2006 11:00:00 AM More reviews by anna5155

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is AMAZING. It works great combined with my other skincare products (from Vichy), and my pores are smaller, it's easier to get ride off blackheads, less zits, even skincolor - with other words - This is the product every skincare brand wished they would've had come up with!! You can use any apple cider vinegar, Bragg's not necessary.
Yes, it's smelly but hey, I can live with that as long as the results are this good. I love it!!
UPDATE: don't use it anymore. can't put up with the smell, haha ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2006 12:10:00 AM More reviews by sammydavis

If you haven't tried ACV for a toner, you don't know what you're missing. Skin feels soft and smooth and it takes care of any problem areas. For those of us looking for an inexpensive yet effective toner...this is it!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2006 10:18:00 AM More reviews by AmbrosiaJewel

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an updated review from using Apple Cider Vinegar for 3 months now. I was like many people here - loved the stuff, praised it. But now my warning is please don't use it - I started getting impetigo all the time (never in my life have i had this) and it's from the vinegar. Vinegar is way to harsh for sensitive skin and although the results were good at first, it has damaged my skin so now I get bacterial infections for no reason. Teriible TERRIBLE product - never will I touch the stuff ever again! It has ruined my life since I used it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2006 6:04:00 PM More reviews by irene87

this stufff really does work!!!
but i was wondering.... does this stuff make anyone else's face whiter?
i feel like my face is paler than the rest of my body after i started using this

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2006 3:18:00 PM More reviews by sooperxcrazy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this because of the good reviews here, i kinda doubted it would work though, but i decided to give it a chance any way. This stuff is AMAZING! I have typical teen skin, with the occastional breakout and zit here and there. Once i started using this my skin tone has evened out, my pores are smaller, just WOW. my skin has improved dramaticly! Right now my skin is completly clear, soft and my complextion is amazingg ever since i started using this. I rarely ever break out now. the only problem i have is that it is SUPER drying especially since I also use Benzoyl Peroxide, so i add 1 part water and 1 part ACV, which seems to work. I definatly recommand a moisturizer too. This stuff isnt as smelly as everyone says, smells like vinegar and a hint of apple, so if u can tolerate that, then you should definatly try this.