December 20, 2014 | 1613 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2006 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Sparklefade37

I have acne prone skin that I am trying to get clear. My old foundation (clinique) seemed like it was hurting more than helping my efforts. This foundation goes on so nice, silky smooth. My face does not get oily in the middle of the day, it does not settle in my laugh lines, it looks clean and fresh and then TAN color matched my skin perfectly. Also it has acne treatment in it and doesnt have any oil. Overall my skin looks a lot clearer so far

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2006 3:29:00 PM More reviews by laurencane

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent foundation for people with combo/oily acne prone skin, which is exactly what i have. Gives great coverage and lasts throughout the day. Keeps my skin from getting oily throughout the day unlike other foundations. The only complaint I have is that it makes my skin skin dry in certain places (ex: the creases in the nose), but that is easy to solve by either using extra moisturizer in those spots or not applying the foundation there. It is a very matte foundation so if you want a dewey look you would have to compliment this foundation with a dewey finishing powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2006 7:17:00 AM More reviews by Susie31

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

looked great..ivory is pale.... like amazing lasting pale....not qiute AS pale.... but close.... but it broke me out just like amazing lasting..... guess I just cant wear almay. Only almay breaks me out this bad..... covergirl does but just little bumps...... almay gives me monsters!!!!!!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2006 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Liddy

This is a very drying foundation. My skin actually started peeling by the end of the day. Not attractive. Almay really screwed up when it discontinued Amazing Lasting. This is no substitute. I hope they bring back Amazing Lasting soon.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2006 6:10:00 AM More reviews by pink_cosmos

Didn't really help my skin at all in relatin to break outs. It was OKAY. Not good but not bad. Ideal Matte has been better for my skin. Although be warned it has a lot of silicones in it! I'd say it has medium coverage and FAIRLY long lasting. I gave it a price rating of 4 cos for what it was I think it should've been cheaper! Why would I pay for a $30-35 AUD foundation when a few more would get me a better product from Shiseido or Clinique (although I'm not a big fan of Clinique)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2006 2:25:00 PM More reviews by jetfan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Good stuff for my skin type, combo/breakout prone. My husband commented the other night that my skin was "glowing". That NEVER happened before!! :) Good coverage and staying power. Will absolutly buy again!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2006 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Jessalex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It was alright at first, the first couple applications looked really nice. I was using this (the liquid) and the powder foundation over it.
It totally broke me out and it tends to turn pretty orange. I gave it two lippys for the packaging and odor. They were both alright.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2006 2:39:00 PM More reviews by michellemk

I like it, but don't love it. I get better coverage using neutrogena skin clearing foundation. It does, however feel very lightweight throughout the day, but the coverage wears off. EDIT... I have used this for about a week now, and I love it. It is lightweight, and it keeps oil at bay longer than my neutrogena foundation. It has nice light coverage, when I want more coverage- I just use powder over it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2006 6:24:00 AM More reviews by nicci833

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wasn't crazy about it. Made my skin more oily and didn't provide great coverage. It also didn't help with breakouts - caused me to breakout more. Ugh. Won't be buying again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2006 6:08:00 PM More reviews by anniebonne

I bought this pretty randomly at Eckerd a few days ago and decided to look it up on makeupalley when I got home. I was surprised with all of the positive comments as I usually have problems with drugstore foundations. I am happily surprised by the results I got from this. The coverage is excellent and the Ivory matches my skin perfectly. It really is helping to clear my skin ... the blemishes I had when I started using this foundation a few days ago are going away more quickly than usual and I haven't had any new ones since I started using it. My only complaint is that it is very drying. It has 2% salicylic acid, which is great for healing blemishes but it does start peeling my skin after several hours. The skin on my hand where I had poured it to apply even flaked off several hours after I had washed my hand ... that's powerful stuff. I will stick with this, though, until my recently broken out skin gets back to normal. The part I'm happiest about is the coverage - it really is great, better than any drugstore brand I've tried.