Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

Active Ingredients: Benzoyl Peroxide (3.5%) (Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Kaolin, Bentonite, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Titanium Dioxide, Trideceth 9, PEG 5 Ethylhexanoate, Menthol, Sodium Citrate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Fragrance 5/29/09

oOooooh this cleanser makes me wanna dance!! I love the tingly feeling I get after I rinse the product off.. I can feel every one of my pores clean! It has helped me with my break outs and it can be a little drying but nothing good moisturizer couldn't fix. I used to use the neutrogena deep cleaning cleanser and occassionaly switching with the cliniqe foaming face wash, and this has been the most effective cleanser. ^_^ The only part I don't like is when I go to rinse I have to go over it with warm water several times to get rid of it completely.. but I know that's from the "mask" factor you can use it for. I will keep using this unless I find something better. continued >>

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

If you have moderate to severe acne, this product is worth a shot. This completely clears up my skin. It's too strong for people with mild acne, that may be why it got some bad reviews. But it seems great for people with very oily, broken out skin. I've tried other cleansers after buying this, but this is the only product that keeps my face pretty clear. If I use it twice a day everyday (especially at night), it really controls my moderate acne well! Definitely my HG to always to have on hand. Glad I found it. Highly recommended, and definitely worth at least a try (if it doesn't work, just return it!).

on 1/15/2005 1:22:00 PM

I bought this on a whim at Target, on clearance and i just *had* to get it.. I am very glad I did! I used it daily for about 2 weeks and it dramatically cleared up my acne! Then I stopped using it daily b/c it started to dry me out a little bit.. now I used it a few days a week in combination with other stuff.. and my skin still is nice and clear! This stuff rocks!

on 1/7/2005 12:50:00 PM

I really love this product too...only thing is...BE CAREFUL when you wash your face that you don't get any of this product on clothes...it stains them like crazy...I messed up 5 shirts before I knew it came from the Benzoyl peroxide of this product!

on 1/4/2005 3:57:00 AM

My HG daily night cleanser! I used this for most of last year (with Cetaphil as my morning cleanser) and have to say that my skin was the clearest it had been in awhile and it enabled me to get away with minimal makeup on my wedding day and look awesome! In the past month, I switched to DHC's Cleansing Oil at night (followed by the Cetaphil) and found that it broke me out horribly. I went back to the Clear Pore and it appears to be breaking the cycle. I wouldn't have normally strayed, except that Clear Pore is more drying than non-BP cleansers and I was looking for something to counteract winter dryness. Alas, dryness is a small price to pay for clear skin.

on 12/22/2004 7:09:00 PM

I used to use the Dermalogica clay cleanser for oily skin, and this is a close match. I love this, I switch it with the Neutrogena Advanced acne control system and my oily/acne prone skin has never looked better.

on 12/3/2004 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

awesome cleanser-nothing like it. i alternate this with my proactiv cleanser to make it last longer (proactiv in morning, this at night) since it contains BP as well. BP works wonders with my skin, and its hard to find drugstore acne cleansers with it; they all have SA as the active ingredient which does nothing for me at all. if you're not having any luck with Neutrogena's Acne Wash, try this! it may work better for you. it also leaves my skin super smooth and soft, which i love.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Great stuff!!! I have very sensitive oily skin and this product is one of very few that works well with it.

on 11/28/2004 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i don't ussually break out, but when i do this product comes in handy. What i don't like it's that it leaves my face dry and little tight.

on 11/28/2004 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've always had good skin. I got a few zits here and there but other than that it wasn't something I stressed over. In the past few months my skin started flaring up and I was breaking out like crazy. I tried soo many different products but nothing was helping. I normally avoid Neutrogena skincare products at all costs but this one got good reviews, and also contained BP which works better with my skin than SA. I've been using it for maybe three weeks and my skin is looking GREAT. I'm using this in combination with the asprin toner and my skin is definetly showing improvement. My skin is also not dry. I think this cleanser smells really good, and it has little grains in it that feel good on my face. I've only used this as a mask once. It was good as a mask, too. Will probably re purchase if my review doesn't change.