April 20, 2014 | 1499 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2004 1:00:00 PM More reviews by BigOsLilDreamer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just bought this a few days ago and I LOVE this! It smells nice and is really creamy. I first used it as the mask to get rid of the little pimples I had and now their almost gone! It also greatly reduced some of the acne I get occastionally on my cheeks. (I'll soon be acne free!)I also love it as a cleanser. It has 3.5% benzoyl peroxide which isn't too much and isn't too little. I would deffinatly recommend this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2004 1:43:00 PM More reviews by parrottheadmd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: While I still love this product, it definitely dried out my skin now that i'm using it in the winter. So, I have decreased my usage but still love the product. I do like to use it as a mask every once in awhile.

UPDATE: Have been using this for about a month, and the results are great so far. Have had no adverse reaction, still love the consistency and smell. Will definitely be repurchasing.

Just bought this product yesterday. First impression: GREAT smell! I want to eat it. Very creamy consistency, but lathers up well (although not sudsy). A very small amount of exfoliation...great for everyday use without scratching my skin. Afterwards, my skin had a great clean tingly feeling. Very refreshing.

Also used it as a spot mask last night, and my below-the-surface cystic zit already feels smaller. As a spot mask, I left it on overnight and did not feel overly tight or uncomfortable. Have not used as a full face mask yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2004 11:08:00 AM More reviews by ChristianneQ

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this product in for small breakouts and for daily washing. You can use it as a wash and also as a mask. If I have a breakout, I will dab it overnight, but not too often because it will make the area red. Overall, this is a great product and the price cannot be beat!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2004 12:26:00 PM More reviews by poegrl

Ouch. I used this thinking I might benefit from it once a week but the one time I used it, it made my face red. Any small blemishes that I had were extremely red. This stuff was way too harsh for my oily, sensitive skin. It does have a warning that says avoid if you have very sens. skin. I should have listened.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2004 5:10:00 PM More reviews by hot_pepper96

This is okay if you use it as a mask. I wouldn't use it as a cleanser...too hard to wash off, but it's great as a mask.

Update: 7/23/04 I'm now on Retin-A micro and that has sensitized my skin so I can no longer use this product as a mask. It leaves my skin burning and itching, but I can use it as a spot treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2004 5:16:00 PM More reviews by LanSoBold

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is great. It's cheap and you only have to use a small amount for an efficient wash. I was daily with this and it keeps me from breaking out. Whenever I do break out due to hormones, I just use it as a mask and the next day the pimples are either gone or have calmed down greatly. I never go a day without it now, everyone should at least try it to see if it works for them. I am not a big Neutrogena fan, but I do love this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2004 3:27:00 PM More reviews by parkie13

I must say, I really really like thie product. Noticing that this product has BP in it, I was hesitant to buy it since I do not have acne. However, I do get occasional breakouts and small bumpies on my forehead when summer rolls around. My T-zone gets extremely oily in the summer as well. This cleanser has definitely decreased the oiliness of my skin and has completely elimnated all the small bumps I had earlier on my forehead. It's a bit drying on my cheeks, but nothing that a good moisturizer can't take care of. I haven't tried the mask yet...I feel that it might be a bit harsh for my cheek area. But overall, great summer product...and it smells GREAT!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2004 7:38:00 PM More reviews by evilxelf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Pros: cleanses well, doubles as a mask and cleanser, reasonable price, doesn't irritate my skin

Cons: gross smell, a bit hard to rinse especially in hairline

Overall: I liked this product very much, but wouldn't repurchase because I am a product junkie and have to try everything!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2004 11:17:00 AM More reviews by cocobunny

This stuff worked great initially, clearing my skin within the first week or so. However, I feel like it lost its magic over time. It's good at keeping acne at bay, but didn't work as far as ongoing treatment. This cleanser has a really nice creamy consistency, which I liked. Just be careful and wear sun protection because the benzoyl peroxide in it makes you more sensitive to the sun. This is worth a shot if you want a decent cleanser to help with any minor breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2004 8:24:00 PM More reviews by il23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is one of, if not the, best I've ever tried. Using it as a mask smooths and tightens skin. It's great for a quick fix. As a cleanser, it makes my skin tingle and really helps my acne. At first I seemed to be breaking out more but the next day, it quickly got much better. This is my HG and I will never look for anything else.

I've found that i hardly ever break out anymore and when i do, i wash my face with this and it's gone the next day.

I still need to exfoliate but this product gets a 5 from me. The only thing I have a problem with is the price. It is about 8$US for 4.2 oz. Since I use it daily, it is going to be a little expensive. But I will still repurchase everytime.