October 1, 2014 | 2050 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2004 10:40:00 PM More reviews by BEBE_T

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really liked Neutrogena's Oil Control Acne Mask. I don't break out often and I am not really oily, but it was a great BP mask to keep around, as it kept any occasional blackheads at bay. It seems that it has been discontinued, however. So, I purchased this, thinking maybe it would be similar. Nope. I did not buy this with the intention of using it as a cleanser, just as a mask. I just don't think it does anything. (Plus, it contains more--unnecessary--ingredients than the Oil Control Acne mask and I believe less is more.) I gave this a rating of three, though, because, while it doesn't seem to do anything good, it also doesn't seem to do anything bad. I won't be repurchasing this product. UPDATE 10/12/2005: With my step up to Green Cream 9, has come unexpected purging. BHA's irritate my skin and I wanted something to combat the purging. This is it. I remembered that I had this, so I tried it again and, now, I love it! I left it on overnight and when I woke up, and rinsed it, my skin looked gorgeous. The few areas of purging were cleared up and my skin just glowed!! I am no longer purging much, but I still use this once a week. I do still wish this contained fewer ingredients (like, no menthol), but it works well as long as I don't overdo it. So, this goes from a rating of three to a rating of five. And, now, I will definitely re-purchase--in fact, I am out, so I will be re-purchasing very soon. UPDATE, 07/06/2006: I can't use BP anymore--my skin is just too sensitive to it. I still rate this a five, though, because it does what it claims to do and would still be a great product for anyone who is able to use BP.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2004 11:17:00 AM More reviews by WendyW

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Will buy again and again. Even bought a tube for my sister. When I take a bath at night, I let this sit on my face for about 5 minutes. I'm in my 40's and still acne prone. This clears me up and doesn't over dry. Be sure to wear a moisturizer afterward though.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2004 1:46:00 PM More reviews by L_auber

Can't say enough about this product. Love the smell, love the price, love the effects. I have combo skin which has just started to break out in recent years - never had any problems as a teenager. Started trying new products to help reduce acne and bought this based on all the good recommendations. It is definately one of the best buys I've made since becoming a MUAer. I use a tiny amount (pea sized) and rub it in using a little scrubby face pad. It tingles a little and exfoliates just a bit, not too harsh on the skin doesn't dry it out and can be used every day. A must have! I use it as a mask every once and a while but it is a little stripping as a mask so not very often.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2004 5:00:00 PM More reviews by CdeProphetis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have really noticed a difference after adding this to my routine. I now get a lot less breakouts. The only problem I have with it is that it REALLY dries out my lips whenever I use it so I have to be careful to not get any of it on them, even when I'm rinsing. Beyond that, it works great as both a cleanser and a mask.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2004 10:15:00 PM More reviews by sdoggydog

I love this cleanser. It is outstanding. I used it for the 1st time when my Mom had it for her adult acne and I stole hers the last time I was home visiting! This cleanser beats almost every cleanser I've ever tried for acne and for the price it beats ALL of them. This will be a staple in my skincare arsenal from now on!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2004 4:11:00 PM More reviews by o0obrunetteo0o

i liked this as a mask but it sucked as a cleanser......i luved the refreshing feeling and even tho i hav dry skin it left my skin smooth and glowing....... iwill definatly buy this again

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2004 8:46:00 PM More reviews by oreocookie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used this as a mask. I dunno...this stuff seems to make me break out more. I like the tingly feeling and it feels good psychologically while it's drying, but after I use it, I seem to get more breakouts. I use benzoyl peroxide on my face every day as it is, so I probably don't need this anyway. My skin just generally responds poorly to masks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2004 2:20:00 PM More reviews by scraps

I can't believe this product!!! I strayed from this product to try other things and in the interem my face broke out.. as soon as I went back to this product my face cleared up in a day!!! This is absolutely the best product ever made for combo/oily skin with break out tendencies..it has never dried my face, even with daily usage....I can't say enough fantastic things about this product....my face looks and feels fantastic after I use it... all four seasons my skins has improved....thanks to Neutrogena for making this product and I sincerely hope they continue to make this one.....!!!!I will continue to repurchase over and over.. I think I am on my ga-zillionth tube.......

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2004 6:49:00 PM More reviews by moth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had forgotten about this stuff until I stumbled across the reviews. A week of using this stuff and my face is free of breakouts. I have to be careful to not use it on or after a day when I've applied any retinoid cream (for scars) -- the one time I did my face turned apple red.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2004 2:16:00 AM More reviews by christallef

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I only use this product as a mask because I usually prefer a cleanser that lathers well. It really "wow" me the first time as it made my pimples heal over night. However, the effectiveness seems to reduce over time. It is a bit drying sometimes so I only use it once a while now. It is a good ance mask though for tis price.