September 30, 2014 | 1782 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2008 7:02:00 PM More reviews by nanshi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is serious HG material. It removes makeup (and sunblock!), cleanses skin, moisturizes lightly for body so it doesn't leave irritated and tight skin, smells delicious, and can be used for face and body-- which saves precious travel space and luggage weight! Inexpensive and widely available. Foams up nicely (a foam cleanser is still reassuring when you get down to it), and comes in a multitude of formulations and scents suitable for virtually all types. Plus, you can get little "sample" bars of the stuff in almost any travel-size section of any drugstore or big-box store. Keeps my skin smooth and soft when I use it. Doesn't perform miracles (and prevent global warming) or clear up my acne or breakouts or fade blemishes or even out skintone, but those are what moisturizers and other topicals are for. For a basic cleanser that you need in the shower or when you wake up, this is it. Simple and classic and... everywhere. I love the Dove beauty bar! If you haven't tried it already (I know there are reviewers that have had bad experiences with this), at most, you'll lose $1... and I bet you'll still end up loving it for your body. [Plus, the new cucumber scent is absolutely heavenly]

(( see my Notepad for how I classify my ratings ))

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2008 11:47:00 AM More reviews by simplycillian

I really thought i would love this product as when i read reviews alot of pople had said how much they loved it. But i didn't. My face never felt properly clean and it dried my skin out, plus the packaging was awful and got wet and soggy immediatley.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2008 3:21:00 PM More reviews by charmandluck

I use this because I am allergic to other soaps, and this is a great product.
I have been using it for about 7 years. best product.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2008 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Java

Does not work for me. My face feels so tight and dry after washing.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2008 2:44:00 AM More reviews by ohnoesimonfire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After using this, I felt greasy and filmy and icky. I need a soap that will actually cleanse. This didn't do that.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2008 1:40:00 AM More reviews by retrokitty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using Dove soap for years. My mom used it on us when we were kids. I love it! I have strayed and tried other soap, but always come back to my basic white Dove soap. It never breaks me out, doesn't dry my skin out and when you buy it in bulk at Costco, like I do, then it's very reasonable. I can even use it on my face and it never irritates my sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2008 11:08:00 PM More reviews by collegestudent88

HG soap. Not crazy expensive especially if you use coupons and specials. It doesn't dry out my skin and I can use it anywhere. Doesn't smell strong. Sensitive version is good too. Edit: not my HG anymore but I still think it's a good bar.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2008 12:48:00 AM More reviews by XomakeupjunkyXo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's pink and smells fantastic. What else is needed here?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2008 6:25:00 AM More reviews by linhvu

First of all, i don't believe that any of us who use MUA website are the type of people who "have ALWAYS used this (Dove Beauty Bar) or who have always stuck with soap and water" and not "people who engage in skincare promiscuity, with a variety of regimes and serums" as the previous reviewer had said.
I think we are all here because in one way or another, we love skincare and makeup stuff.
Maybe some of us will like to stick with high-end brands and other, drugstore's, or will just simply try anything that works.

For me, personally, this beauty bar is the biggest surprise. And a nice one.
I have/had been using Estee Lauder, Clarins, Shiseido, Cle de Peau, Clinique, L'occitane skincare for as long as i remember being crazy about beauty products... Needless to say, how skeptical i was when a friend of mine suggested using Dove for my back acne. No way, i said to myself. First because i never use soap. (I read on many books (one of my favorites is Beauty - The Basic by Rona Berg) and magazines that soaps in general is not good for your skin). But i believe that Dove Beauty Bar is one exception. Anyway, when it came to the point when i couldn't stand the annoying little pimples there and get really desperate, i started trying Dove out, just because my friends wouldn't stop her raving. Plus, i am hopeless anyway, trying this cheap soap can't do a lot more damage. I use this together with my exfoliating bath gloves.
I was surprised. It clears up my back acne in matter of a couple of weeks. After about 3 months of using this, my skin feels soft and smooth to the touch. I've gotten a lot of compliments on how soft my skin is :-)
Then i decided to try this on my face as well. It also helps to clear up my facial acne. I use this soap on my face in conjunction with Shiseido Facial Massage Brush) and it leaves my skin clean and more or less pimple free.
Of course due to my being snob, i couldn't help but to come back every now and then to an expensive cleanser, but, after all, nothing beat this little gem. And it's so cheap.
If you are new to using soap on your skin. I would recommend using Dove Sensitive Bar first, it's more gentle.
For preference: i am very clog-pore prone, my skin is quite oily.

21 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2008 10:34:00 AM More reviews by swirlsschmurls

I've come to the conclusion that I just may be one of those people on MUA who just can't use anything that other people rave about. I like this as a shower bar, as others have mentioned, the smell is clean, comforting, and a huge plus. And I had huge hopes for cutting down on skincare costs and my routine. But for my face, it just made my skin dull and a little rougher, caused a few small bumps, and didn't do much else. I think it may just be the case that it'll work for people who have ALWAYS used this or who have always stuck with soap and water, but maybe for people who engage in skincare promiscuity, with a variety of regimes and serums, like myself, going back to the basics may not always be such a viable option. Still great for the shower though.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No