October 23, 2014 | 1407 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2008 11:41:00 AM More reviews by hotAsFiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I changed my mind about this bar on my face. I don think I like it much anymore. I've noticed that whenever I use this for a long period of time, I start to get clogged pores and whiteheads. I also notice my skin becoming a pool filled with oil, even if my skin is dry. It took me a while to put 2 and 2 together but glad I did.
I will continue to use this on my body though as it leaves my skin super soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2008 11:54:00 PM More reviews by jennifer0828

this is my HG of bar soap. leaves my skin soft in the shower and removes all of my makeup also smells great! . however, i use a eye makeup remover before using this. so the soap removes the excess eye makeup.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2008 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Steph0891

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

yes this does smell really lovely...but it doesn't remove my makeup at all. sorry.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2008 10:42:00 PM More reviews by BeautyQueen39

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Just confused why everyone keeps talking about this soap as a cleanser for the face? Def not meant for the face, only for those who have used it for years and are scared to try something better. I love it for my body though...and Caress.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2008 10:21:00 PM More reviews by TabithaWC86

I love Dove!! I have used it forever ! My doctor when I was younger HIGHLY recommended this product for me since I have such sensitive skin. The smells are lovely and it works wonders. If your going to use it on your face however I would get the sensitive skin bar because it contains no fragrance. I can't use any other soap except dove. It is by far the only bar soap that doesn't dry you out and leave your skin tight feeling.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2008 7:02:00 PM More reviews by nanshi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is serious HG material. It removes makeup (and sunblock!), cleanses skin, moisturizes lightly for body so it doesn't leave irritated and tight skin, smells delicious, and can be used for face and body-- which saves precious travel space and luggage weight! Inexpensive and widely available. Foams up nicely (a foam cleanser is still reassuring when you get down to it), and comes in a multitude of formulations and scents suitable for virtually all types. Plus, you can get little "sample" bars of the stuff in almost any travel-size section of any drugstore or big-box store. Keeps my skin smooth and soft when I use it. Doesn't perform miracles (and prevent global warming) or clear up my acne or breakouts or fade blemishes or even out skintone, but those are what moisturizers and other topicals are for. For a basic cleanser that you need in the shower or when you wake up, this is it. Simple and classic and... everywhere. I love the Dove beauty bar! If you haven't tried it already (I know there are reviewers that have had bad experiences with this), at most, you'll lose $1... and I bet you'll still end up loving it for your body. [Plus, the new cucumber scent is absolutely heavenly]

(( see my Notepad for how I classify my ratings ))

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2008 11:47:00 AM More reviews by simplycillian

I really thought i would love this product as when i read reviews alot of pople had said how much they loved it. But i didn't. My face never felt properly clean and it dried my skin out, plus the packaging was awful and got wet and soggy immediatley.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2008 3:21:00 PM More reviews by charmandluck

I use this because I am allergic to other soaps, and this is a great product.
I have been using it for about 7 years. best product.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2008 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Java

Does not work for me. My face feels so tight and dry after washing.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2008 2:44:00 AM More reviews by ohnoesimonfire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After using this, I felt greasy and filmy and icky. I need a soap that will actually cleanse. This didn't do that.