Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

on 12/13/2008 2:43:00 PM

I am a big believer in simple skincare. All the women in my family use minimal products on their faces and have beautiful skin for their ages, and I unfortunately learned the hard way that using too many products on your skin will only harm it, not improve it. Even though it is not recommended to wash your face with bar soap, I find that it is the only thing I can wash my face with that will not break me out or irritate my skin. Whenever I stray from bar soap, out come the breakouts. Althought Cetaphil is my HG of bar soaps, Dove is a close second. It always cleans my face gently and and keeps it clear. I also use it on my entire body and never have dry skin. I personally love the scent and it never irritates me. It is sooo cheap too, and it's always on sale for 99 cents a bar. I don't think that it lasts as long as Cetaphil though, but it is cheaper to replace so I don't think its a big deal and I always use it when I run out of Cetaphil and want to wait until it's on sale. Definitely recommend for healthy skin! :)

on 12/8/2008 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE dove products, and this bar soap is no exception. This is the only bar soap that I have/ probably will ever purchase. The scent is so light, and it doesn't suck the moisture out of your skin.

on 12/8/2008 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Dove has always been my favorite bar soap. It softens and does not leave that tight dry feeling to the skin. Myself, husband and two teenage sons all use this soap for showers and we all love it. If the store is out of this brand, I do buy 'Olay, but it does not last as long due to the melt down of the soap. By melt down, I mean how it gets all gooie just sitting there after a shower. Dove does not do this. I will continue to buy Dove for out bar soap needs.

on 12/2/2008 11:11:00 PM

My mom has bought this soap for as long as I can remember. I don't think I'll ever buy anything else.

on 12/2/2008 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

One of the ONLY bar soaps that I would use. It's much less drying on skin than other bar soaps and doesn't feel like it leaves as much residue. This is the one I would go for if you're trying to save money by switching to a bar soap instead of body wash.

on 11/27/2008 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I've used this product for years, it doesn't leave your skin feeling tight or dry, like other soaps can. I will definitely keep buying this beauty bar. I removed one lippie because I only like the unscented formula.

on 11/26/2008 6:23:00 PM

Staple in my bathroom. Gentle and moisturizing. Very simple, yet effective.

on 11/24/2008 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Yes, it sure as hell is better than the soaps/bars in the market right now, leaves skin soft and is very good during winter as another armour in the battle against flakiness.

But it's quality seems to have fallen, this Dove is not the same creamy moistury Dove I used 7 years ago, that Dove was so rich and creamy and lovely.. maybe they changed the composition to counter the complaints that the soap melted very easily and so barely lasted. It has become a little harder now, but i feel it is after compromising on the moisture within..

on 11/23/2008 10:55:00 AM

HG soap! I used Lever2000 for years and always wondered why my skin was dry and irritated. My wonderful husband suggested we switch to Dove bar soap, and boy am I glad!!! It cleans, moisturizes, and doesn't leave a yucky film like some "moisturizing" cleansers. I use this to shave my armpits and legs so I no longer need to buy shave cream. And the biggest miracle of all, I can use it on my FACE! I have dry, sensitive, rosacea skin so just about everything irritates or dries out my skin. I still use my Cetaphil on a daily basis, but in a pinch or when I am in a hurry in the shower I use this on my face and it works. Go out and buy a bar, you will be glad you did. Oh, and Target sells small individual bars of this in the travel size area which is very convenient.

on 11/20/2008 4:17:00 PM

Good soap. It doesn´t dry the skin.
Sometimes I get bored of the scent, then I use something different.
But when I use it again I immediatly notice the difference: soft skin.
I don´t use it on my face, but this is the best soap for my back: keep it soft and eliminates break outs.
It does its job, so it gets a five.