Avene Thermal Water

4.2

Bicarbonate 226.7 mg/l, Silica 10.6 mg/l, Calcium 42.7 mg/l, Magnesium 21.2 mg/l, Selenium <5 microgr/l, Zinc 20 microgr/l, Copper <5 microgr/l. Dry residue mineral content 207 mg/l. Neutral pH 7.5

on 1/13/2006 6:07:00 PM

For several years I was using the Mir Cleansing Gel, which I loved, but I developed more and more redness in the area around my nose. I thought it was my perioral dermatitis getting worse, but for the last six weeks or so, I have been "washing" my face with this alone (not wearing makeup, of course) and the redness is probably 90% gone and in general my skin looks quite good. I think this is going to be a staple for me. I just wish it wasn't so hard to come by.... UPDATE 8/07: I never use this anymore. For some reason, I get weird irritation around my jawline and eyebrows when I use this. I now use LRP Thermal Water to tone and calm my skin after cleansing. I've had much better luck with LRP products than with Avene.

on 1/9/2006 2:00:00 PM

I do think this is slightly overhyped, as I haven't noticed any improvements in my skin. But it hasn't messed it up either (how could mineral water do anything, anyway?) I do like that it comes in a little can and sprays a very fine mist. I use this before applying moisturizer; I can use less product and it seems to sink in better. I've heard that it's always best to apply moisturizer when your skin is slightly damp, but since I don't keep my stuff in the bathroom, my face is usually dry by the time I get to my bedroom. So this is nice to have around. It feels very refreshing as well. I do wish it weren't so pricey; I may try some other brands (or I may try prying open the can so I can refill it with my own mineral water). I also tried using this to 'set' my makeup but I think that only works for powder foundations--I use tinted moisturizer and concealer and set it all with loose powder--spritzing this on just caked up the powder and ruined my makeup.

on 12/31/2005 6:49:00 AM

I was equally sceptical about paying so much for water in a spray can but after reading the reviews here I decided to go for it. Now I can't stop spraying this on my face! Soothes, calms and hydrates my combi but hyper senssitive skin, especially when I get allergic reactions to products. Reduces redness and when sprayed onto a made up face, keeps makeup looking fresh and un-cakey. Wonderful.

on 12/19/2005 2:38:00 PM

I've tried Evian and Lumene and Vichy. Avene is deff the best out of all of them! Avene comes out in a finer mist and its plain mineral water. The others exept for Evian were...cloudy and the spray was too much. Its also cheaper than Evian which is $9 for 5 oz. Avene is 10.58 oz for $14. My face was stinging from Avene's Gentle Toner so I sprayed this on and it was like my skin went "ahhhhh" in relief. lol I've thought about all the mineral sprays and I finally settled on Avene and I am so glad I bought it. *update 12/22/05* i never understood how to set makeup and when i first tried this at the store, it washed off my makeup instead. my chin was sooo flakey yesterday..it was disgusting. so i sprayed this all over and my makeup looked dewy and soo nice. the flakes on my chin were less noticeable too. great for last minute skin crises..lol

on 11/27/2005 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Its water and i don,t think it does anything special that you couldnt do with filtered water in a spray bottle.
Update:well i continue to use it and i probably will repurchase though i am not sure why-must be the nice very fine spray of water that i put on my face before i apply my foundation

on 11/21/2005 4:03:00 PM

This is definitely NOT just water in a can. I had my doubts at first but after reading the reviews decided to try it on the annoying redness on the left side of my face. I spray my face twice a day after cleansing, pat it in and let it dry. After doing this for 3 days the redness has faded considerably. Also, normally my face would feel just ok after cleansing but after using the water and letting it dry it is soft, smooth and comfortable. I highly recommend this.

on 11/15/2005 10:58:00 PM

This is my HG toner. It calms down my skin right away - just unbelievable! Additionally, it is “all-in-one” multi-purpose product. You have to try it! EDIT (04/28/2006): I still love it and use it. In the summer time it is a "must" product.

on 10/14/2005 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Awesone.

Burnt my upper lip from waxing and was red raw, was told to spray this on all day repeatedly, after 3 hours no redness at all, I swear.

I use it daily now to sooth and make makeup dewy.

Amazing product, this is sooooo not just water.

on 9/26/2005 10:27:00 PM

I agree with every comment from the reviewer directly below. I also use it to set makeup, love it and I have tried all of the different brands out there - this is by far the best. I use it for
1) after cleansing like a toner
2) after makeup
3) to freshen up during the day
4) after the gym

This is my FAV skin care product :D

on 9/25/2005 11:03:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

Perhaps it's ONLY water, but hey - life begun in the water, our body is mostly composed of water... so there must be something special. No seriously, it's a great product. I tried Avene's and Uriage's, and Avene's is by far better. It's soothing, it hidrates. Although they recommend you to wipe it off, I leave it and apply some moisturizer when my skin is still damp. I use it instead od toner sometimes. Also, it's excellent for fixing make-up. When I have a lot of foundation, concealer and powder, I spray it all over (mind, not too much, it musn't drip) and make-up looks much more natural and dewy. The result is amazing! I didn't get same results with Uriage. Highly recommended! Hope this helps.

Popular Face Skincare Products