September 17, 2014 | 1929 users online

Skincare - Face - Avene - Thermal Water

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2005 1:52:00 AM More reviews by laeticia521

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i bought this a year ago on the reccomendation of the SA who said that it would be good to use to calm my face which is usualy flushed but i didn't use it in the end because i was too lazy to lug it around (i got the 10.5 oz size) since coming back to a tropical climate after living for the past 10 months in australia i found that my skin has been unusually sensitive and for no reason i'd get an itch here and there so i spray on the irritated areas and it really helps to calm my skin. i've been using it practically everyday and its finishing soon. will buy again depending on my skin condition.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2005 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Mirabel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this to set my mineral makeup, which is what I use when I wear foundation, which is infrequently. It seems to work well, it's non-irritating. It should be, it's water. I haven't expected or seen any miracles. Edit: 2006/04/28
I'm not changing my rating, but I keep buying this stuff. I use it daily when cleansing. I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but now I'm afraid to stop using it. Laugh if you want. Marketing genius.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2004 5:07:00 AM More reviews by Akasha77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Avene spring water in a spray is supposed to have calming,soothing effects. To me its ok,but it doesn't have any remarking effects still.. I spray it to my face when my skin is irritated.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2004 11:47:00 AM More reviews by beentheredonethat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used Evian for years to set m/u, so I thought I'd try this instead, since it's much easier to get now that it's at CVS, Brooks, etc. I like it so much better, I'll never go back to Evian. I use this for setting m/u, refreshing my face on a hot day and after cleansing as a toner. It really sort of hydrates and makes my pores less visible. I've repurchased several times this year. On balance I really like Avene stuff.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2004 3:00:00 PM More reviews by LiisUsa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've used Evian spray and it just made my skin flaky. I tried Vichy and the same thing happened. I was skeptical of this spray, but now that Avene is available in the U.S. I thought I'd try a bottle (knowing I could return it if neccessary). I was pleasantly surprised. I do not think that it has any special properties, but it relieves my sensitive, combo skin. Its perfect for winter skin. Also, I spray it allover my face just before I turn in at night and it feels great. Worth a try and truly better than Evian or Vichy (which just made me think the face spray mineral water thing was a gimmick, which, OK it just might be).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2004 7:49:00 PM More reviews by zhuzhuzhu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I swear that this thermal water made my skin healthier, more hydrated and calm!!

I have the most sensitive and oily skin one could imagine... and I have been forever searching for the right products~ and I am happy that most of my searches are over! (plz read my other reviews)

I ran out of this thermal water last month and had to go without it for 3 weeks. It was horrible. All of a sudden my skin became even more sensitive , and nothing seemed to be able to calm it. I had more pimples and dry patches.

I was soooo relieved that all these symtoms were gone a week after I recieved my new shipment of Avene thermal water! (except the acne marks!><) Now i realize that while my other skincare products are superb, THIS is the STAPLE !

The way I use it: I use it as a toner. After cleansing, I spray a generous amt onto my face, and wait for 1 min before blotting it off. Then I use my moisturizer. I also use it as a mask. Try applying 5-10 drops of your essense/treatment, and then cover ur face using a plain dry disposible silk-paper mask, (I bought it in Asia) then spray thermal water on it.

*note: to be absolutely fair, I haven't tried any other spring water spray...so I dunno if this product is better than the rest. I chose this based on its reputation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2004 4:54:00 PM More reviews by g_82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It does calm a little when my skin is irritated. But I also find it dried my face. Maybe it's because of the high PH value? So I may alter this spray with some other "real" toners. Anyway, it's a keeper when my skin is out of order.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2004 12:03:00 AM More reviews by jayne20

I purchased this for my long trip from TO to China. Worked great for me especially on the plane. My 16hr flight total dried out my skin and this thermal spray kept my skin supple, fresh and soft. Definitely would buy again especially in the summer and while travelling.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2004 10:39:00 AM More reviews by MilleBK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Now I know that I shall not buy more "thermal water spray"! Iīve tried Evian Spray, and now this Avene Spray. And they didnīt moist my skin, just dried out my skin. donīt waste your money on those water spray.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2004 9:12:00 PM More reviews by fleurage

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like Avene water better than Vichy.Would buy it again,of course.