April 20, 2014 | 1782 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Aliyourpally

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have purchased 3 bottles of this foundation. As it begins to be colder, I pale so fast and I hardly tan in the summer. My skin is so white, I even get called milky sometimes. I loved this foundation when I first bought it, and I kept buying it and each bottle lasted me about two months. But lately, I've started to notice how orange it looks and how cakey it gets. I've bought primers and I always moisturize and powder but it rubs off around my nose and under my eyes. When I laugh or smile, I get so many lines around my mouth and my upper lip just looks awful(I always remove the hair so it should look smooth). I have acne, but I feel like this foundation really clogs my pores. Right now I have two huge cystic zits on my chin. I went out and bought the Revlon Nearly Naked foundation. Hopefully it's light enough for me and doesn't cause me to break out :/

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by lalaland

I did not want to like this foundation. I try to avoid skincare and cosmetic products that use certain chemicals. I have sensitive skin and care about the potential harmful affects of certain ingredients so I avoided this particular product since it came out despite raves. I primarily got it to use on my very long work days. I sometimes have to work 12+ hours and my makeup no matter how I set it, looks a mess by the end of the day. I rationalized this by telling myself that if I do not use it daily that it should not be tooooo bad. Well dangit, I like it a lot. I still try not to use to often but I adore it on those long days for sure. It does not sting or tighten my dry/normal skin and wears very well throughout the day. I tried it with with my fingers, beauty blender and elf powder brush...all worked very well. The finish is flawless and I never have to set it (although I still do sometimes). It is a little cakey around my nose, somewhat highlighting the pores but not very noticeable and wayyyy better than any other foundation that I've tried. The packaging is blah but it does have a pump. The color selection seemed decent. I am around NC20, fair yellow and I got Buff Beige 825.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by sammm27

This isn't my HG foundation, but I really do like this. I have oily skin and this lasts me all day. The coverage is really nice and the color matches me perfectly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2013 10:48:00 AM More reviews by krsn89

EDIT: I can no longer stand to wear this in daylight/natural light. I only wear it if I'm going to be indoors the whole day or going out at night where the poor colour match won't be so obvious. I tried it again recently at an outdoors event and was horrified to see that my face was peach coloured. It's such a shame because the formula is phenomenal. :(

* ABOUT MY SKIN *
- I have combination skin. My t-zone is an oil slick, and I have normal/dry skin everywhere else, with dark acne scars and hyperpigmentation on my chin. Any active acne tends to be very red as well, and my cheeks tend to get a bit red.
- I am Asian with yellow undertones. My colour in MAC (SFF) is NC35.

* PACKAGING & PRICE *
I actually own 2 colours of this foundation, and I purchased them at Wal-Mart for around $12 each (CDN). This foundation is available in 14 shades. The packaging is awesome, it is a glass bottle with a blue pump that swivels so you can lock it, and then a plastic lid. I have absolutely no complaints about the packaging!

* FORMULA, COLOUR & APPLICATION *
The Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 foundation is not a runny or overly liquid foundation, but it is definitely not super thick like a cream. I would say it is a little on the thicker side, which I prefer. There is a slight chemical/sunscreen scent when you are applying but it disappears once you have it on your face. I prefer applying foundations with a brush, so I have used this with both my Real Techniques Buffing Brush and my ELF flat top powder brush. It sets quickly but with enough time to blend, and it blends easily. I *love* the way this feels after it has set. It dries to a soft, powdery matte finish. It's not deathly matte at all, it looks completely natural and I don't feel the need to set this with powder. It is not tacky in the slightest. The colours I own are Medium Beige and Soft Honey. My issues with this foundation lie in the colour selection. Even though I've asked around on the board and watched several reviews stating that this foundation would NOT be yellow enough for me, I obviously didn't listen and bought them anyway. Medium Beige is waaaaaay too light and pink for me, as someone with an NC35 skintone. Soft Honey looks amazing on my skin for the first little while, but then it oxidises MUCH darker and MUCH pinker than it should! While these shades look much yellower than the rest of the shades available, both of these shades are still WAY too pink for someone with a yellow/golden undertone. I have to mix the two (about 75% Soft Honey to 25% Medium Beige) to get a shade that matches better, but something about it is so odd on my face because it's so pink toned.

* COVERAGE & STAYING POWER *
The coverage of this foundation is amazing. I would say it's about medium to full coverage, but it could probably be sheered out with a damp sponge. I only put a dab of concealer on my chin (where I have very dark hyperpigmentation) because it covers everything else SO well. My skin looks perfect and airbrushed with this foundation. It feels fairly lightweight on the skin for having such good coverage, and other face makeup applies smoothly on top. I apply my makeup at around 7 AM every day and usually don't take it off until 10 or 11 PM at night. This stays put SO well. I am totally impressed by the staying power of it. I recently wore it almost all day, from 7 AM until 2 AM that night, and it held up spectacularly and was still completely on my face! I have a super oily t-zone, and while I do need to blot and powder regularly to stay looking fresh, I don't with this foundation and my t-zone barely gets dewy! And that's with no primer and no powder on top! It also does transfer a little, but nothing major at all, and probably the least out of my regularly used foundations (Maybelline Superstay & Rimmel Lasting Finish). Like all foundations, I remove this with Pond's Cold Cream at night and then wash my face with SpectroJel cleanser on my Olay Pro X brush. I haven't had any breakouts with this foundation. This does have SPF in it, but depending on the lighting, it doesn't give me too much of a white cast.

* FINAL THOUGHTS *
I love almost everything about this foundation. I love the finish, feel, blendability, packaging, price and staying power. I think it is a VERY good drugstore foundation, and it would probably be my HG if not for the one major thing I dislike about it. I dislike that the colour selection is SO pink in this line. I'm going to use my bottles up, but I don't think I will repurchase this because it's just not yellow/golden enough for my skin. Even if it were more neutral it would be more workable but nope. The shades are unmistakeably pink. It's so unfortunate because this is fantastic for my oily skin. I don't know if I would recommend it for very dry skin, but it is still a very good foundation. As always with drugstore foundations, fairer and deeper complexions may have a hard time finding a match. I know there is a Queen collection with deeper shades available but I haven't seen that in Canada. This is worth a try if you can find a shade that matches you!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by Lipstickjunkiejo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this foundation. It's a medium to full coverage. You can build it up. I love the fact that it makes me look matte and flawless especially in pictures. I also love that it feels like I have no makeup on. It's very lightweight. One bad thing about this foundation is that if you are dry, it will itch ur dry patches. Be sure to moisturize! This foundation is basically for those with oily skin. I love that their is a pump! Very handy and sanitary! I have repurchased this foundation twice and will continue to repurchase. The color selection is quite accurate. I have noticed though, the color ranges have changed. The price is pretty decent but depends on where u purchase. The cheapest I have seen is at Walmart, I get mine for about 8-9 dollars. I have seen it at other places for up to 12-14 dollars!! Crazy! All in all, I recommend this product to those who have oily combo skin and loves the Matte no shine flawless look!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2013 5:21:00 PM More reviews by allisonfaber

I love this foundation, but it has caused me to break out in tiny bumps. :( I really wanted it to work!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by claudia9927

OFFICIALLY MY NEW FAVORITE FOUNDATION !

Ok, so first of all .. I live in the caribbean, so everyday it's either 90-95 F. It's pretty hot and humid!

This is the ONLY foundation I have tried that leaves my skin dry. Now I don't really have oily skin, but living in such hot weather makes every skin type sweat like crazy.

When you apply it, it blends very easily. And when the foundation sets completely, it leaves your skin feeling as if you didn't have anything on it. It's NOT STICKY AT ALL ! It's very powdery and matt. I would recommend it for oily skins or even normal to dry skins that experience A LOT OF INTENSE HEAT during the day. This foundation will make sure you have a flawless face all day long.

BEST FOUNDATION I HAVE TRIED !!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by slsanchez89

I truly wanted to really like this because it's so popular but I didn't :( it just didn't work for me at all! I have tried every method to apply it differently and nothing works. It's terrible to blend, it dries so quickly, and I have oily acne prone skin. It looks like a fake, chalky mask after I applied it, it just didnt work for me at all. It's a shame too because I loved the pump.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 4:45:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

I am the ultimate makeup junkie, and one of my favorites to try out are foundations. Because they are my favorites, I tend to be rather picky when it comes to being fully satisfied.

I have read many reviews that claim that these shades can either run darker than the shade you would normally purchase, or lighter than the shade. I didn't know what to expect when I purchased Ivory #805, which is the lightest shade in the 3 in 1 line. Also wanted to make a note that, this is the only foundation I have that has an expiration date on it too (kind of odd, I dont know if this is new or what?)

The foundation comes in the standard thick glass bottle with a blue plastic pump. I have to say, when it comes to packaging and foundations, I do prefer a pump to get the product out. I have not had any issues with the pump with this product. I haven't had it clog on me and it gets most of the product from the bottom so none is being wasted. If I had it my way, every foundation would have a pump, because for me, it's easy to control the amount of product that is released.

The texture of this foundation is creamy, with almost a liquid-y feel to it. It doesn't dry down quickly, so it isn't necessary to work fast when applying it. When It does dry down, it dries to a smooth powder-like finish. I haven't had any issues with it blending at all. Although it's suggested to use either a sponge or clean fingers, I very much prefer using a brush to apply this spicific foundation, and using a blending sponge around the edges to smoothen the lines up. If you are having trouble with blending, using your fingers would help a bit, by keeping the product warm and allowing it to spread more easily. Skin type also plays a role in this also, if you have dry skin this foundation is likely to dry quicker than on someone with more oily skin. Do whatever works best for you.

The coverage of this foundation is definitely on the medium to full side. On the face though, I've only used this at its medium coverage, and still even with that, it covers my flaws (eneven skin tone, mild roseasa on my cheeks) fairly well. If I were to use this as full coverage, every imperfection on my face would be gone- which is not to say I wouldnt look like a cakey mess, however, it can be done with this product.

Going through my typical day, starting from 8:30am to midnight, the wear time on this is nothing short of amazing. I haven't noticed any foundation break down during the day. Just a slight dewiness probably after 8 hours of wear, but definitely not an oil slick or anything. I can actually say that, I didn't need to set this foundation with powder to make it last longer- and that in my book gets five stars! You can always tell a good foundation when you dont need a finishing/setting powder to make it last through the day. This was one of those foundations.

Now that we know this is an excellent foundation, what about the other 2 claims?

1. Primer: I'm not terribly sure if I would say that this has a primer aspect to it. It does feel smooth going on, but I also wear primer under it to begin with. I dont think any product, whether it be foundation, BB cream or tinted moisturizer can take the place of a good primer. This is just my opinion. I tried using this product without primer and the foundation went on great, but my bronzer, illuminator and blush did not stay on like it would with a base primer under all of it.

2. Concealer: I'm on the fence with this. While the coverage overall is wonderful, I still prefer to use concealer, because in order to cover all my imperfections like a concealer does, I would need a thick coat of foundation, and It would be too heavy and cake like for me . So, I would say this is 50/50, it does tone down redness to blemishes and to any color on the cheeks, but not 100%.

Overall, In the past I've had issues with Cover Girl. Anytime I would purchase the lightest shade, it'd turn into a horrible disaster. "Ivory" would be 3 shades darker than my actual skin tone, and would oxidize terribly. With the new 3 in 1 foundation, in the bottle it does come across as looking darker, plus grey because there is SPF 20 in it, but going on the skin, I think it's a good match. The finish is beautiful, the lasting power is amazing. I can't say anything bad about this foundation, which really surprised me because I am not a HUGE fan of cover girl, and I was pretty skeptical. I was proven wrong, and for under $10, this product was worth every penny.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by qtsara615

I reallyyyy like this foundation a lot. It gives a really nice finish- not too matte but not dewy, more of a satin. This foundation is comfortable on the skin and doesn't feel cakey like revlon colorstay. Be sure to blend quickly though because once it dries I find that it stays put and DOES NOT MOVE. I have worn this for 16 hours and found that I still looked good at the end of the day! Be aware, pick a shade or 2 lighter than your skin tone because it definitely oxidizes. Btw I love that this has a pump, and its a pump that is highly controlable too. Love this stuff