April 17, 2014 | 985 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by Lipstickjunkiejo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this foundation. It's a medium to full coverage. You can build it up. I love the fact that it makes me look matte and flawless especially in pictures. I also love that it feels like I have no makeup on. It's very lightweight. One bad thing about this foundation is that if you are dry, it will itch ur dry patches. Be sure to moisturize! This foundation is basically for those with oily skin. I love that their is a pump! Very handy and sanitary! I have repurchased this foundation twice and will continue to repurchase. The color selection is quite accurate. I have noticed though, the color ranges have changed. The price is pretty decent but depends on where u purchase. The cheapest I have seen is at Walmart, I get mine for about 8-9 dollars. I have seen it at other places for up to 12-14 dollars!! Crazy! All in all, I recommend this product to those who have oily combo skin and loves the Matte no shine flawless look!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2013 5:21:00 PM More reviews by allisonfaber

I love this foundation, but it has caused me to break out in tiny bumps. :( I really wanted it to work!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by claudia9927

OFFICIALLY MY NEW FAVORITE FOUNDATION !

Ok, so first of all .. I live in the caribbean, so everyday it's either 90-95 F. It's pretty hot and humid!

This is the ONLY foundation I have tried that leaves my skin dry. Now I don't really have oily skin, but living in such hot weather makes every skin type sweat like crazy.

When you apply it, it blends very easily. And when the foundation sets completely, it leaves your skin feeling as if you didn't have anything on it. It's NOT STICKY AT ALL ! It's very powdery and matt. I would recommend it for oily skins or even normal to dry skins that experience A LOT OF INTENSE HEAT during the day. This foundation will make sure you have a flawless face all day long.

BEST FOUNDATION I HAVE TRIED !!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by slsanchez89

I truly wanted to really like this because it's so popular but I didn't :( it just didn't work for me at all! I have tried every method to apply it differently and nothing works. It's terrible to blend, it dries so quickly, and I have oily acne prone skin. It looks like a fake, chalky mask after I applied it, it just didnt work for me at all. It's a shame too because I loved the pump.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 4:45:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

I am the ultimate makeup junkie, and one of my favorites to try out are foundations. Because they are my favorites, I tend to be rather picky when it comes to being fully satisfied.

I have read many reviews that claim that these shades can either run darker than the shade you would normally purchase, or lighter than the shade. I didn't know what to expect when I purchased Ivory #805, which is the lightest shade in the 3 in 1 line. Also wanted to make a note that, this is the only foundation I have that has an expiration date on it too (kind of odd, I dont know if this is new or what?)

The foundation comes in the standard thick glass bottle with a blue plastic pump. I have to say, when it comes to packaging and foundations, I do prefer a pump to get the product out. I have not had any issues with the pump with this product. I haven't had it clog on me and it gets most of the product from the bottom so none is being wasted. If I had it my way, every foundation would have a pump, because for me, it's easy to control the amount of product that is released.

The texture of this foundation is creamy, with almost a liquid-y feel to it. It doesn't dry down quickly, so it isn't necessary to work fast when applying it. When It does dry down, it dries to a smooth powder-like finish. I haven't had any issues with it blending at all. Although it's suggested to use either a sponge or clean fingers, I very much prefer using a brush to apply this spicific foundation, and using a blending sponge around the edges to smoothen the lines up. If you are having trouble with blending, using your fingers would help a bit, by keeping the product warm and allowing it to spread more easily. Skin type also plays a role in this also, if you have dry skin this foundation is likely to dry quicker than on someone with more oily skin. Do whatever works best for you.

The coverage of this foundation is definitely on the medium to full side. On the face though, I've only used this at its medium coverage, and still even with that, it covers my flaws (eneven skin tone, mild roseasa on my cheeks) fairly well. If I were to use this as full coverage, every imperfection on my face would be gone- which is not to say I wouldnt look like a cakey mess, however, it can be done with this product.

Going through my typical day, starting from 8:30am to midnight, the wear time on this is nothing short of amazing. I haven't noticed any foundation break down during the day. Just a slight dewiness probably after 8 hours of wear, but definitely not an oil slick or anything. I can actually say that, I didn't need to set this foundation with powder to make it last longer- and that in my book gets five stars! You can always tell a good foundation when you dont need a finishing/setting powder to make it last through the day. This was one of those foundations.

Now that we know this is an excellent foundation, what about the other 2 claims?

1. Primer: I'm not terribly sure if I would say that this has a primer aspect to it. It does feel smooth going on, but I also wear primer under it to begin with. I dont think any product, whether it be foundation, BB cream or tinted moisturizer can take the place of a good primer. This is just my opinion. I tried using this product without primer and the foundation went on great, but my bronzer, illuminator and blush did not stay on like it would with a base primer under all of it.

2. Concealer: I'm on the fence with this. While the coverage overall is wonderful, I still prefer to use concealer, because in order to cover all my imperfections like a concealer does, I would need a thick coat of foundation, and It would be too heavy and cake like for me . So, I would say this is 50/50, it does tone down redness to blemishes and to any color on the cheeks, but not 100%.

Overall, In the past I've had issues with Cover Girl. Anytime I would purchase the lightest shade, it'd turn into a horrible disaster. "Ivory" would be 3 shades darker than my actual skin tone, and would oxidize terribly. With the new 3 in 1 foundation, in the bottle it does come across as looking darker, plus grey because there is SPF 20 in it, but going on the skin, I think it's a good match. The finish is beautiful, the lasting power is amazing. I can't say anything bad about this foundation, which really surprised me because I am not a HUGE fan of cover girl, and I was pretty skeptical. I was proven wrong, and for under $10, this product was worth every penny.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by qtsara615

I reallyyyy like this foundation a lot. It gives a really nice finish- not too matte but not dewy, more of a satin. This foundation is comfortable on the skin and doesn't feel cakey like revlon colorstay. Be sure to blend quickly though because once it dries I find that it stays put and DOES NOT MOVE. I have worn this for 16 hours and found that I still looked good at the end of the day! Be aware, pick a shade or 2 lighter than your skin tone because it definitely oxidizes. Btw I love that this has a pump, and its a pump that is highly controlable too. Love this stuff

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2013 1:47:00 AM More reviews by prplepolkadotz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I recently ran out of my Revlon Colorstay foundation and since they've changed the formula (16 hr to 24 hr) it is absolutley horrible but ANYWAYS
I am in the shade Nude in revlon colorstay so i purchased the color classic ivory in the cover girl foundation (since the revlon was a tad too dark)

PROS:
-Pump bottle
-Dries quickly but not TOO quickly.. have time to work with it
-Dries MATTE which is amazing
-perfect for oily/combo skin
-blends like a dream
-medium coverage

CON:
-Oxidizes like no other. seriously went like.. two or three shades darker!
-TRANSFERS LIKE CRAZY
-Pink undertones.. doesn't work for me

The cons are a deal breaker for me. :\

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by GeriTaitague

I have a love hate relationship with this foundation :(. I bought this product real cheap ($7.49). I think the store i had purchased it from had incorrectly priced it, but anywho i shouldn't complain. the first few days, I LOVED this product. great coverage (even if i bought a shade too light i was able to work with it with a bronzer on the outer perimeter of my face and cheek bones). Easy to blend with a damp beauty blender which made my skin look airbrushed. Oxidized but i didnt mind because it was a tad too light anyways.
My only problem is, after a couple of days i started to break out on my jawline area with somewhat large swells (mosquito bite looking) and have been there for about a week already. I dont normally break out and have been very fortunate during my teenage years. I continue to use it because i really love the coverage. I was hoping my skin is just adjusting to the formulation as this had occured with my Clinique foundation and my skin went back to normal after a month. Another issue i had was that my skin started to get really dry. At this point i just stopped using it. I typically have normal to combination skin but can get quite oily due to the climate where i live. Everytime I look at it, i want to use it but remind myself that it might make my skin worse.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by divagrrl80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I thought I'd give another Cover Girl foundation a shot. Clean Makeup broke me out.So did this! Comedone city. I really wanted to like this, based on all the glowing reviews.
It didn't blend nearly as well as my L'oreal True Match, and the shade selection is just okay.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by emijpiro

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I was so excited to try this foundation out, but was extremely disappointed when I finally got my hands on it. I have an extremely fair completion and this oxidized like no other. When I initially apply it it looked amazing. It has a great coverage, to the point where I didn't have to use concealer on minor flaws. But an hour or so into wearing it my face looked super orange. Also another problem I had is the undertone. I purchased the lightest shade but It has a cool pink undertone. My natural undertone is cool, so I like to use a warm undertone to balance it out. This makes my face look too on the pink cool side until of course it oxidizes. I was so extremely saddened by the results I received with this product. If you want to try it out and have a medium to dark completion, I say go for it. You could always get a shade lighter considering how it oxidizes. Hope this helped at least someone out there! :)