January 26, 2015 | 1859 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2012 12:54:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

Got this palate for my birthday, and was very excited to finally try all the looks I have been seeing on YouTube. The colors are beautiful, great payoff, and selection. The brush it comes with is very convenient, as is the large mirror (Ive heard its bigger and better than the first one), I love how sturdy the container is. The whole package makes traveling a breeze.

Cons:
*I have tried several different primers and techniques, but I hate to admit these shadows WILL crease by the end of the day. I have the cheapo palate from ELF that has better staying power than these.

*FALLLOUT, EVERYHWERE. Some of these shadows are SO glittery, fallout is inevitable. To the point where half of it literally has fallen off your lids onto your cheeks mid day. This is a huge set back, because the shadows get all muddled together on the lid once they have fallen onto your face, and also because your face looks a hot mess with shadow fragments all over it.

Pros:
*The value of what you are getting is amazing. Each shadow on their own is about 20, not to mention the dual ended brushes sold separately are about 25 each. So, 50$ seems like a lot, but you are really getting a lot.

*The fallout can be avoided/fixed if you are willing to spend an additional 20$. TooFaced Shadow Insurance: Glitter Glue primer. I just picked it up yesterday and I can definitely see the difference in staying power as well as a ton less fallout. It is a bit pricey, but you are basically investing in the life of your palate.

I cant say if I will repurchase again or not, from what I hear these last a really long time, so only time will tell.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Laurendall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been lusting after this for a while, and finally took the plunge. I am so happy!!!! I have warming pink skin tone and the colors are super flattering. I usually use Chanel or Dior eyeshadows and these are comparable. The palette is versitile and are both day and night appropriate. And the lipgloss which comes with it is super cute!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 12:15:00 PM More reviews by BieberBunny

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this product from my best friend for my birthday and I could not believe it since the price is very expensive. I use this palette pretty much every day and its perfect! I just use the brush that comes with it so its super easy and quick. the packaging is a bit starnge since the lid part is really stiff but its not an issue. This palette is going to last me forever and I LOVE it!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2012 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Oilyacneproneskin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the warm colors on the naked palette better. I have a hard time getting different looks using just the naked 2. I am NC 25/30 asian and I find the colors too cool and there is not enough darker colors for outer corners.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2012 1:16:00 AM More reviews by xoxolove

This product definitely epitomizes the term "Naked". The pigments presented in this palette are natural looking, and this palette definitely gives you versatile options to use during the day or night.

I've had this palette since it first came out, and I have been trying to make comparisons with this palette and the original Naked. Between the two, I would say they both are different in their own way, but I would definitely purchase this over the original if I had to choose. Why? Because I love the warm and neutral tones this palette presents, and each color complements the next.

Most of the pigments are glittery, except for "Foxy" and "Tease".

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2012 11:12:00 AM More reviews by Stelliosontos

Price- Good price for 12 full sized shadows, although unlike say the inglot freedom system where you pick your own shadows your not going to like them all. But even of you only love half it's still a good price. 4/5
Packaging- much improved in my opinion from the naked1 palette, the tin case doesn't get as dirty in your handbag and the mirror is perfect for touch ups! It's also easy to pop in your bag unlike the book of shadows! 5/5
Shadows- you can tell your favourite eyeshadows by which hits the pan! I've hit the pan on the following shadows
Bootycall -great highlighter! Kind of yellow based but still works on cool skin tones.
tease- I've used this the most, I mostly use it in my crease doing natural looks
Suspect- a pale pinky shimmery brown, great pigmentation
I haven't hit pan on blackout as I have an abundance of blacks as they seem to come with every urban decay palette and I own lots, but it is a great black, good pigmentation and soo dark ! My other favourites are Busted, snakebite and foxy,
The ones I don't like are chopper which is similar to half baked (which I have about 10 of along with gunmetal...) but more orange and contains GLITTER! Which of course falls on your face and you end up looking like an extra from twilight, ydk also has fallout but not as much. The others all have excellent pigmentation! 4/5
Overall- I love this and bring it with me in my bag everyday, I would have given it 5/5 if there wasn't so much fallout on the glittery shades, I'd also like if they had more mattes ! I would recommend this product and would repurchase if I ever needed to and naked 3 wasn't out by then!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2012 9:19:00 AM More reviews by Euniqued

As a fan of the original Naked palette, I was ecstatic to try this out when I could finally order it online after it being sold out time after time. Unfortunately, whilst the quality of the shadows are, as expected, wonderful, the colour combinations are just too frosty for my NC25 skintone, and washes me out if I don't include some warmer colours from the original Naked palette also. I wanted so much to love this palette as the packaging is arguably much more practical, however if I had a choice between the two the original Naked palette is much more suited to me personally.

I can see this working wonderfully for other skintones however, but very light skintones may become washed out by this palette. I definitely can see other UD fans loving this palette, but would suggest before buying to swatch and see if the colours suit you.

I love the colour blackout for a killer smokey eye though!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by meganxloveee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this palette but I couldn't give it a five star like I would the original Naked palette. When I recieved the original Naked palette as a gift I was thrilled. I had been wanting to purchase it for a very,very long time ut was so skeptical because of the price tag. I fell in love with the original naked palette immediately, the colors were so unique and gorgeous. I assumed that the Naked 2 palette would also be more unique and more beautiful than the first because it was a spin off so to speak. Boy was I wrong. Don't get me wrong the colors are really pretty but I just don't see myself reaching for it as much as I do the original Naked palette. I like that the packaging is tin because it is easier to clean but I just feel like UD didn't put a lot of time and thought into this palette because it would sell so quickly and so well due to the fact that it is a spin off palette. I could see myself buying a few of the colors individually but just not as a palette again. I wanted so badly to love the Naked 2 palette.

Pros:
The shadows are pigmented
One of the darkest blacks I have ever seen in shadow form is in the palette. (blackout.)
The mirror is bigger than the original Naked palette.

Cons:
I do not like how UD put a shadow from the original Naked palette in the Naked 2 palette.
I just don't think the colors were well thought out.
It is more exspensive than the orignal Naked palette.

Overall I give the palette 3 lippies. I use it on occasion, but not enought for me to want to re-purchase it when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by ahs767

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

As a fan of the first Naked Palette, I was really excited to try this out. I wasn't disappointed! I love the cooler tones in this one, and I liked the more durable packaging. Also liked the brush that came with this one better. The only reason this product doesn't get a 5 is because of the repeat of one of the colors (half baked I think?).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 11:13:00 AM More reviews by meganmartin123

i love the shades in this, super pretty! and i also like the tin packaging