Urban Decay NAKED2

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

This an amazing everyday palette. I use bootycall and snakebite the most. It's just such natural colours. It suits everyone. I think the Naked 1 palette has more of a variety of colours. I really got excited when this palette came out and i'm not really dissapointed but there half baked was in there which was already in the first urban decay palette.

on 7/12/2012 6:35:00 PM

Absolutely love this palette. I have the naked 1 and I love it too. I had a hard time deciding whether to get it because of the reviews comparing the two palettes and whether it was necessary to purchase the naked 2. IMO they are quite different. Naked 1 is bronze and browns while naked 2 is more greys and taupes. And beng a neutral girl, I love both tones and need both. And being a neutral girl, after purchasing naked 2, I feel I don't look at other neutral palettes. I am going to be satisfied for quite a while. All the shade apply buttery and pigmented, only YDK had some fall out but not as bad as sidecar from naked 1. If you like greys and taupes, I would definitely recommend getting this even if you have the first one.

My only complaint is I wish they included an eyeliner instead of the brush. The brush is useless, it's synthetic and has too much slip that the shadows just don't hold on the brush well. It would work better as a concealer brush or for cream shadows. The gloss is sheer but I like the cute packaging and minty scent.

on 7/11/2012 1:12:00 PM

I love this palette! after too much thinking and making comparison shopping around for a nude color palette i decided to purchase. I was undecided in which to buy and what i totally love about the Naked2 is that is portable, It's heavy but if i am in a rush i can put it in my purse and do my make up without worrying breaking it or of my son poking it. It is an investment, but the colors are beautiful! according to what i heard of this palette being most flattering to cold toned girls, but have to say that i am warmed toned girl and i think this looks wonderful on me, better than the Naked1. If you are undecided just go to Sephora and try them on and see the colors on you like i did. Awesome product!! but i wished it had more matte colors.

I love this palette. I was looking for a lot of bang for my eyeshadow buck and this really delivered. The brush isn't wonderful, but it works if I forget my usual e/s brush in my travel bag. The tin is a bit too long for my makeup bag, but that's not their problem, it's mine.

The shadows are pretty much universally flattering on my skin. I've found the color payoff to be just fine if I use primer first. I don't wear most of them to work every day but they make it very easy to punch it up for a more intense evening look. I'm not sure I'll buy it again but I think it's going to last long enough that I won't have to worry about that.

Wow!! I just got this in the mail today, and I used it to test it out today and I'm seriously in love!! I've heard so many amazing things about this, and they are all true! The colours are perfect for my fair, pale skin, as they are more cool toned I find. They're so neutral and I can use all of the colours as everyday eye shadows for a nice casual look, and you can make them more dramatic too for a night out. The shadows are so pigmented!! And the packaging is so cute, and the brush it comes with is actually quite nice! I don't think I will ever need to buy eye shadows again, I will be using this everyday!!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

First off, I love this packaging! It is a vast improvement from past U.D eyeshadow palettes that have a flimsy magnetic closure. This palette snaps in place and I don't feel paranoid that it is going to come open when I travel. It comes with a double-sided eyeshadow brush and mini lip junkie gloss as bonuses, neither one I'm too thrilled about. The hype factor for me are the shadows, and U.D has my favorite eyeshadow formula of all time because it is highly pigmented and long wearing, especially when worn with UD Primer. There are three matte shades included that I absolutely love- Blackout (jet black) Foxy (yellow bisque) and Tease (muted purple grey). I love the mattes so much and wish there were more of them, but the rest of the shades are stunning! Beware, if you dislike shimmer or glitter than this is not the product for you because out of the remaining nine shades, 8 of them are shimmery and 1 is glitter with quite a bit of fallout. I personally love sparkly and shimmery eyes so this does not bother me one bit and there are so many looks you can create with this, making the possibilities almost endless! I use my fingers or brushes to apply- the eyeshadow brush it comes with is useless for me because it is too stiff and the bristles are sharp, but I wear the lip gloss from time to time because it's a neutral rose/beige that compliments the shadow. For $50, you are getting 12 shadows with a bonus brush and gloss, so I find this to be well worth the price and would buy it without the bonuses.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this Palette! I mostly wear those naked and natural colors for my everyday makeup, and sometimes to evening makeup as well, and Iike it that I have all my favorite shades in one compact palette.
The shadows are beautiful and pigmented, and you can create different looks with the,- natural or dramatic, you pick.
the only thing I did not like is the brush, it's too hard and you cant really use it to apply eyeshadows..
I also LOVE the small lip gloss that came with the palette, and I really liked the package, for the fact I can carry it in my bag and not be afraid it will get opened.

I finally caved and bought this palette. I tried to get the first Naked Palette but it quickly sold out then I lost interest by the time it was back in stock. Just looking a the two side by side I thought I would give this one a try. I do have warm undertones but I find the colors in the second palette to be more current, perfect for ANY smokey look. I honestly can't count the number of combinations I use. Also Teas and Foxy have become totally indispensable to me. Again I have a warm undertone so these colors suit my skin perfectly. I love creating bronzy smokey looks with high shine and everything in between. I always prime my lids with either a Maybelline Color Tattoo shade or the Urban Decay Primer Potion. I have never had an issue with the lasting power or color payoff of any of the shadows in this palette. Also love the brush, the blending side is fantastic. It was quite pricey, but at least I got the cutest little lip gloss ever. Also I do create a look out of this palette every single day so I have to say it is worth the investment.

on 6/29/2012 2:15:00 PM

Received this as a gift and am so grateful! I LOVE Urban Decay eye-shadow and this palette is a must-have for anyone who loves good quality eye shadow. I actually own two of the shadows that's included in this palette but I love the wide range of neutrals both in matte and shimmers that you can mix and match! The double-ended brush is GREAT and it's travel-friendly packaging is a nice update from their previous Naked palette.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

It's funny...I read the reviews on here and cool-toned girls hate it because it's "too warm," while at the same time warm-toned girls hate it because it's "too cool." Ladies, you have to know what works for your coloring. Naked 1 is good if you like predominantly warm tones, Naked 2 is good if you're more a fan of cool tones. #1 has a few cool tones, just as #2 has a few warm tones, but overall 1 is warmer and 2 is cooler. And just because you're warm doesn't mean you can't wear cool shadows, and vice versa. Know yourself so that you don't waste time and money on products that won't work for you. Keep that in mind.

Now that being said...I am a huge fan of both (I have a separate review for Naked 1), but Naked 2 has some of my favorite colors of all time. I have light/medium olive skin that I won't categorize as either warm or cool because it can truly be either. I love the cool-toned shades in this palette and I think they're amazing "Winter" type of colors. Busted, Verve, Pistol and Suspect are all gorgeous and my personal favorites. Snakebite and Blackout are beautiful, as well, especially to smoke out the lashline. Foxy and Bootycall are your typical highlight shades, but still very nice. YDK, Chopper and Half Baked are great in terms of texture and pigment, but I do not like them on my skintone and thus rarely wear them. Tease is a unique color in swatches, but I find that it doesn't transfer well on my eyes. It's the only shade in the palette that I was truly disappointed with.

The majority of what I said in my original Naked review still applies here--including the gripe about price. Overall you're getting the same quality from both palettes, it's just a personal preference in regards to color. The eyeshadows are all very smooth and easy to work with, but keep in mind that they will always look and wear better if you apply a base (any kind..even concealer will do) underneath.

I will say, though, that Naked 2 is much more travel-friendly with the solid metal case and snap-close lid. Definitely better packaging than Naked 1. In terms of product quality, though, I think they're equal. It's just a matter of which color palette, warm or cool, works best for you.

Video Reviews & Tutorials