October 25, 2014 | 1781 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by NKS

Having recently purchased the original NAKED palette and reading a lot of reviews here about the pros and cons of owning both, I finally bit the bullet and bought NAKED 2. I think the price is great for 12 versatile eyeshadows and even if there are a couple in either that I can't find a use for, it's still worth it.

Everyone's probably tired of hearing it but the new packaging in the tin that clicks is much much better. But I prefer the brush from the original. The brush from N2 is double ended - and one of the ends is flat, with stiff bristles and small enough to do fine detailed work with. Only problem is that it doesn't pick up much product to apply so I resorted to a MAC eyeshadow brush which has slightly longer bristles and fluffier to apply it. The other end is a fluffy, longer bristled blending brush which is good for picking up product and applying it, it blends well but I have other brushes that do it better and also it doesn't offer much control at the outer corners when blending darker colours.

The colours are great - slightly cooler toned than the original and I personally think with the matte 'Blackout' shade, it's great for more dramatic evening looks.

I personally prefer metallic, shimmery or glittery shades because they stand out more on my south asian skin tones and also go with outfits to very colourful asian weddings, so I didn't mind so much that there were only three matte shades in this palette - 2 of them being Foxy and Tease which for me would only really work as base colours.

I took one point off because I was disappointed with the YDK shade specifically but also with Busted and to a lesser extent Verve. Between buying the original palette and this one, I looked at a few youtube videos and read a lot of reviews both here and other blogs, and quite a few had comments about YDK and there's a particular youtube video which has a great 'smokey Romantic' look with this shade. It had very little colour payoff on my skin and an awful lot of fall out so I didn't even benefit from the sparkly aspect of the shade that you can see in the tin. At the most it adds a little shimmer under the Blackout shade to soften the look enough for daytime but there's plenty of other shades that could do that in this tin so I can see it being left well alone.

All in all happy with this and I would say its on par with the original. I would buy both again for myself and will definitely be gifting them to friends in the future. I would say though that with the warmer tones of Half Baked, Snakebite, Chopper and Suspect you could probably recreate a lot of warm toned eye looks as well as the cooler toned ones. The original palette is definitely all warm tones except for Gunmetal and maybe Sin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Jackelynlawren

Though pricey, this palette was one of the BEST purchases I have ever made. It has great colors for everyday wear, yet it also has colors that can be used for going out. I would definitely recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2012 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love love love! So much so that I'm now buying the first Naked palette. The brush isn't so great and of course I wish it were cheaper but you get a lot for your buck. The quality of the shadows is excellent - very creamy, velvety, feel and look very high end. Much better than the quality of shadows in the Stila palette I recently purchased. Highly recommend this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by TiffanyBean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The eye shadows are so nice and very good quality. I, however, did not buy this. My mom bought it for me as a Christmas gift last year. Each other is beautiful and it gives you a variety of mattes, shimmers and glitters to choose from. I mix a couple together to get a certain color for my eyes. I love this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by NishaDS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the Naked 2 palette!
I can honestly say I use each and every one of these shadows. They are rich and creamy with great colour payoff. They are not overloaded with shimmer or glitter and apply easily with the duo brush. The blending brush side is really good.
The packaging is solid and snaps closed. The large mirror is perfect. A great palette for on the go!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2012 11:36:00 AM More reviews by ladehc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Alright, I have only had this palette for a short while (okay a few hours!) but I already know I love it!

Comparing it with the original Naked palette now, they are quite similar, but the subtle differences between them do set them apart. They both mostly consist of warm toned shadows - the ONLY complaint I have about these palettes is that there are hardly any cool toned shades represented. However, I think Naked 2 is overall more wearable for day to day looks. I know I will be reaching for this one over the original more often, especially for when I am getting ready for work. I am glad for Pistol and Verve as in the original palette there were no silvers. Chopper and YDK are also out of control amazing.

The packaging in Naked 2 is 100% an improvement on the original. It is so pretty, a lovely metal tin that looks clean, my Naked palette is so dirty and raggedy, it's such a shame.

If you are looking to only buy one palette, I think that it comes down to personal preference of the shadows really, they are both of excellent quality. You need to swatch in person, if you can. Overall though I think Naked 2 is the better out of the two - and the better packaging takes it over the line.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2012 12:35:00 PM More reviews by bagonzalez9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the first Naked palette, and Naked2, and I prefer the first one! I'm an NC25 and I think those colors look better on me.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by tequilaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this on a whim after hearing a lot of hype about it & am dissapointed that I dont like it as much as I thought I would. The palette is very shimmery and has goldish and purpley-gray colors. I usually love UD for anything else but this didnt really work for me.
I'm an NC30 with brown eyes and I feel like these colors just dissapeared into my complexion.
I know they're supposed to be more neutral but still there was no WOW. I find it hard to create different looks with this palette as most colors look the same on me and more like a bunch of shimmer. I picture this looking really good on someone who's very pale with light eyes.
Besides that though I cant deny the great quality and the lip color and brush were a nice extra. Although I wouldnt re-purchase.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by Luluwastaken

I am so glad I bought this palette. I don't own the original palette and I don't know if I would reach for it if it I did. I've been looking for a palette that isn't too warm, I would say this palette is pretty neutral with the exception of half baked. It works well with my pale warm skin.
I love the variety of lid colours, (I haven't used them all yet) my favourite being Suspect. I also love Bootycall, Snakebite, Pistol and Busted.
The shadows aren't as creamy as I thought they'd be but they so blend out nicely so that's not a big issue.
I live in Australia and there is no Urban Decay, I ordered it online for about $56 from a reputable website and that is still a bargain for me. Usually we'd be paying $33 for a single MAC shadow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

I got this palette for my birthday and I can safely say I'm just as in love with this palette as I am with the first. I love the new colours in this one, all of them suit my skin tone perfectly and are easily blendable, as well as being able to get so many different looks from the palette. I definitely prefer the packaging on this one to the last Naked palette, because I find that the suede on the last one was susceptible to getting tatty especially when travelling with it, unlike this one which is a hard case that clips down too. The one thing that disappointed me slightly with Naked 2 was that some of the colours aren't completely new, and look strikingly similar to some in the first palette, i.e. Half Baked was in the last one and its in the new one, and Smog and Snakebite look very much like each other. Other than that, this is well worth buying, and I would definitely buy again and recommend.