Chanel Vitalumiere

3.9

water, ethylhexyl palmitate, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, cyclomethicone, talc, caprylic/capric triglyceride, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, propylene glycol, PEG-30 dipolyhydroxystearate, glycerin, butylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, fragrance, methylparaben, disteardimmonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, polyglyceryl-3 beeswax, propylparaben, tocopherol, lecithin, ascorbyl palmitate, glyceryl stearate, alcohol denat., walnut seed, silica, laminaria digitata extract, glyceryl oleate, sodium hyaluronate, aluminum hydroxide, citric acid, sodium metabisulfate, BHT, licorice extract, butylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben.

on 5/18/2004 12:28:00 AM

I was dumb enough to buy this when I knew so well that I had super oily skin. This is an oil-based foundation, and I believe it would be great for those with dry skin. This, however, made my skin super oilier than it already is and broke me out. The smell, I couldn't stand it either. I gave it away to my sister who has dry skin. She later said she couldn't use it because of its strong smell.

on 5/12/2004 7:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'm not going to look any further with this foundation. I used to have Diorlight and was very satisfied until I felt the need for a bit more coverage. After hearing all the raves about Chanel foundation, I decided to give Vitalumiere a try. When you first apply it, you get the impression that it's not very pigmented, but as you blend in your skin is transformed into a natural, flawless and glowing heaven. It doesn't look like you're wearing any foundation, but it evens out the skin tone and is a great base for blush and highlighter. I use a foundation brush to smooth it in and blend everything together and the result is totally bright and airbrushed. I guess it's not for oily skins and it needs some powder to set it in as you can feel the oils. I just hope this will still be as great for those hot and humid days. Overall amazing if you're looking for that even, satin, natural finish.

I needed a new summer foundation and found the perfect color match with Vitalumiere Tawny Beige. Goes on smooth and even. Makes my skin feel soft and moisturized. Love the packaging-pump is hygenic. But after an evening out its very greasy and barely there! Good product but would not repurchse($50 USD!!!!)

I read so many excellent reviews for this Chanel product. I was doing some impulsive shopping and decided to give this product a try. At first, I really loved it, but I found out that it doesn't really last that long. At the end of the day, everything on my face still looked relatively okay.. but it wore off on my nose making my nose look redder than the rest of my face.. sigh.. back to my search of perfect foundation

Lovely product with nice dewy finish. Leaves my skin looking beautiful and luminous. Is a better foundation for dry or maturing skin because it is more on the oily side although it says "comedogenity tested" on the back. But is that the same as non-comedogenic? I have rosacea and must be aware of such things, but so far, love this and it does give my skin a youthful glow.

on 4/14/2004 12:48:00 PM

Yes, this is expensive, but Chanel fans don't let price scare them away. Vitalumiere's formula is what you would expect from the luxe Chanel line. It's silky liquid provides light-medium coverage with a dewy touch. I have combination skin and love the feel of this formula. I would recommend it for combination to dry skin types. My skin feels soft, yet never shiny or oily. It blends smoothly and never collects in my large pores. I also use Christian Dior Diorlight, a sheer formula, in the summer. Chanel Vitalumiere Satin Smoothing formula liquid is a fine product. >^,,^<

on 4/3/2004 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hi guys! Well, i had very recently purchased this foundation. I am used to wearing creme foundation (i love great coverage), but i wanted to try going for a foundation that was liquid, that would offer a nice "glow". I am an asian girl, who uses NC30, and Vitalumiere in shade Cendre 30 is almost a perfect match. The formula is sheer, with *almost* medium coverage - however!! What i love MOST about this foundation is that you can layer it, and it will never ever look too made up. What i like to do is use my concealer first, then use small small amounts of the foundation and rub it into the spots that need more coverage. For overall application, i use a sponge. AWESOME foundation, extremely pricey, great packaging (cute pump), and overall, i'm a very happy purchaser. My ONE complaint, is that this foundation does NOT last a very long time, perhaps 5 hours top. LOVE it!!!! Buy it! :)
*********UPDATED DECEMBER 1 2004****** I've also increased the score from 4/5 to perfect b/c this is my holy grail as of yet! :D*****

on 3/24/2004 6:17:00 PM

I got a sample from the counter when I wanted so hard to try this much raved about foundation. I got it months ago and only managed to wear it to church last Sunday. It was practically sticky and I ended up using 4 - 5 facial blotters to get the oil off. By the time I finished blotting my face, the makeup was half off. This has never happened to me. I've used a dozen other foundations and used the same blotters. But it had never got this this bad! It also gave me half a dozen zits. Since the liquid experience is so bad, I can't even imagine how the cream version will turn out. Perhaps good for normal to dry skin, IMO.

on 3/9/2004 4:31:00 PM

I love almost everything about this foundation - the formula is wonderfully hydrating for my dry winter skin & never gives me flakes, as well as feeling light and natural on. I am acne-prone and have never broken out from this product. The only drawback is that in summer or on oilier days, without powder over the top other people will be able to see their reflection in your face.

This is my favourite foundation for winter when my combination skin becomes a little dehydrated (due to climate being drier). Vitalumiere Fluid sits beautifully on top leaving my skin looking luminous and natural looking without enchancing any dry parts. 20 Clair is a perfect match for my fair-medium asian skin.