Chanel Vitalumiere

3.9

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I got a sample of this in Cameo yesterday at the Chanel counter and tried it on this morning. Just for reference I'm a MAC NC20-25, MK 200, and Lancome Nu 2. I put it on at 6 am and it's now 4 hours later. No greasies, pooling of foundation, etc. My skin is perfect and has a slight luminous glow, making me look more awake! It applied so smoothly and feels like silk on my skin. Currently I have normal to oily skin and I haven't had to touch up yet! I can totally see this being my HG during the winter blah months. It is $50 a bottle and I'm going to go back and purchase it. :) Just took a lippie for the insane price and also for the funky scent.

"Delivers a young, radiant look. Lines, wrinkles and imperfections seem to be erased. Ultra-gliding fluid provides buildable coverage.

Water-in-oil emulsion provides great glide. Photo-reflective pigments help lines, wrinkles and imperfections appear smoothed away, leaving skin looking rejuvenated. SPF 15 UV protection; nut extract guards against free radicals."

continued >>

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Very good foundation just like the cream version. This is for girls who prefer fuss-free luminous makeup. The handy bottle with a pump is very pretty & you don't have to worry about getting the cap dirty or something like those cap-on bottles for most foundations out there. Only reason why I don't like it as much as the cream version is that its a tad too light for my liking. But yes, this is good if you want to look like you're glowing! Good buy from Chanel definitely!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

For all you ladies with dry/dehydrated skin, this is THE foundation for you! I have tried soooo many over the years, and absolutely love this! As all the other MUAers here have said, it makes your skin feel great, and glow. It does not sink into any fine lines (which I love), and feels weightless on the skin. My new (and only) HG!

Chanel Vitalumiere makes my dry skin glow and look fresh and luminous, if you like a dewy/glowing finish then this is for you, i would recommend it for dry/combo/normal skin-types.
I love the hygienic pump bottle packaging.
Even for $82 AUD i think it's worth it, I will re-purchase this foundation once it runs out. A HG for me.

Really like this foundation (not the price!) I have dry skin and it makes my skin looks dewy.. Love that!! It really melts into my skin when I apply it, but that makes me feel like I need to apply more!
would recommend to anyone with dry skin.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Vitalumiere is my favourite foundation for winter, it is creamy and moisturising and gives me a glowy look. I wear this in Clair 20 and if I wanted to be picky, I would say that I needed just the tiny-teensiest amount of pink in this for it to be perfect. Coverage is light to medium (I apply with my fingers) and one pump is usually sufficient for my whole face.
I love that it comes in a pump for hygiene/freshness purposes and also because I'm clumsy and end up with foundation everywhere when it's in an open bottle.
Unless your skin is very dry, I would say that this is probably too creamy for the summer months. I find I get just a little shiny on the T zone when the weather's warmer.For reference I'm LLL/blue/blonde and I wear GA LSF/MSF #4, Clarins Colour Tint #1, Chanel DPF #20 Clair, LM TM Nude continued >>

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Great for dry skin. It applies like moisturizer - emollient, smooth, and very comfortable (has a palmitate base rather than dimethicone or PG, both of which dry my skin = flakes). Layers without streaks or fine lines, thank you luminous, hydrating finish. However, those with rough skin (or my forehead) may find the 'glow' heightens texture, pores, etc. I'd recommend above vitalumiere creme, the thick, medium coverage version that flakes in winter. I use Limpide #10 (Asian chanel), alabaster tinged with yellow and peach, a neutral, subtle tone (compared with LM's bright porcelain ivory). The main drawback: this does not cover redness well - too thin for serious rosacea. Not quite HG... *edit 12/04* I purchased US Chanel's Limpide 10/Nude intensity 0.5 and yikes. This is peachy neutral, darker than Asian Chanel's Limpide (lasted 1 yr -daily use). ingredients: water, ethylhexyl palmitate, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, cyclomethicone, talc, caprylic/capric triglyceride, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, propylene glycol, PEG-30 dipolyhydroxystearate, glycerin, butylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, fragrance, methylparaben, disteardimmonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, polyglyceryl-3 beeswax, propylparaben, tocopherol, lecithin, ascorbyl palmitate, glyceryl stearate, alcohol denat., walnut seed, silica, laminaria digitata extract, glyceryl oleate, sodium hyaluronate, aluminum hydroxide, citric acid, sodium metabisulfate, BHT, licorice extract, butylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben. continued >>

I love the texture and the silky effect that gives me a glow. However, I have to constantly blot my face or the foundation would turn into an orange shade. Definately would have to look for a new foundation when this finishes

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Well I let the Chanel counter manager talk me into switching from Chanel Teint Naturel foundation to this one. BIG MISTAKE.!!! I am 47 & she said that my skin didn't look dewy or fresh. Well it wasn't because of my foundation. I switched about 6 months ago to Clarins line of moisturizers - again a BIG MISTAKE!!! Vitalumiere left my skin like an oil slick & I do have dry skin. Further it settled in my pores of which I have very few. I am a firm believer that the freshness & dewyness of your skin is a direct result of how you cleanse your skin & your moisturizering line. I am now back with my beloved Chanel line of moisturizers & will go back to my Teint Naturel foundation. That combo will once again give me my fresh & dewy look that people always noticed. Vitalumiere is not for me!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using Chanel foundation (Vitalumiére in Voile ...soft bisque) for years as it gave the closest skin match to date and lovely coverage (between sheer and medium). I'm 50, a brunette MMM with beige/golden skin that's extremely oily. However, I just switched to Lancôme's Adaptive (see my other review) for the summer. When fall/winter comes, I'll have to see if I want a lighter Lancôme Adaptive or I will return to this Chanel My only complaint (as usual) is I'd prefer an unbreakable bottle. I also don't like pumps and square tops; I'd prefer a screw top and simply turning the bottle over onto my finger tip. I dropped the cap and now it won't sit tight onto the pump bottle.

Video Reviews & Tutorials