August 1, 2014 | 1278 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2004 11:00:00 AM More reviews by pattyaz

I love this foundation! The MA sent a sample home with me and I went back to buy it two days later. I have normal to dry skin and every foundation I have tried seemed to accentuate little flakes on my skin. This does not! The coverage is medium and the foundation seems to literally melt into your skin. I don't feel like I am wearing makeup, but my skin looks so good. I have heard some people have a hard time with color match, but I am a MAC NC25/N4, LM Warm Ivory and I wear Cameo in this foundation. I will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2004 2:39:00 PM More reviews by tjaksha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product for evenings out-makes my skin look like a movie star's-perfect, glowy, expensive! However-way too oily for warmer months, even in winter I blot w/oil absorbing sheets before powder and blush. I never use it near my eyes-makes everything slide off. -for special occasions-fabulous.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2004 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Jantsik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I guess I'm one of the few guys (if not the only one) reading comments on MakeupAlley :) Anyway, I'm using foundations, since I'm modelling, and I'm used to have a foundation on my face even when I'm not on catwalk. I've been using different ones - Shiseido (very nice indeed), Sisley (quite disturbing) and a few others. I chose to turn to Chanel, and Vitalumiere is a really good foundation - that what I've found. I have a dry skin & the foundation works just perfectly - not too much of the dewy thing, nor too less. And - what's of the biggest importance - I look natural, and people don't even notice I'm wearing a make-up!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2003 3:54:00 AM More reviews by purpledream

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Nice foundation that glides on skin and adds lots of moisture to dry skin. I prefer the creme slightly to this liquid one, but am stuck with the liquid for shade reasons. For some reason, Limpide in the creme is a tad too dark (adds a nice warmth, but I'd rather use bronzers for adding warmth instead of risking looking like I'm wearing a mask). The one thing that kept this from getting a 5 is that I feel that it doesn't last until the end of the day. I don't have much to cover up, thankfully, but sometimes some redness on my cheeks tends to show through after several hours. Still, that's easily explained by it moisturizing properties, which is a worthy exchange for a little wearing away after a while. I take care of it by dusting powder thoughout the day. Problem solved.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2003 5:48:00 AM More reviews by elspriem

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my favourite foundations. Gives a superb glow without getting shiny. Feels very comfortable!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2003 8:45:00 AM More reviews by Angelic80

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I swapped this cream foundation with a friend who bought the wrong colour. At first I thought it wouldn't work for my normal/combination skin, but my skin looks so radiant and healthy! I don't use it in summer because it would melt off, but it's grat for the fall and winter.

Its very expensive for a foundation, but I've learnt over the years that cheap foundations cause my skin to break out or look like masks. Besides, it blends in so well that I use very little for my entire skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2003 4:17:00 AM More reviews by ASHLEYKENT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation it's wonderful it does not work well in hot weather because it melt's right away and very dewy.
but works well in cold weather nice and smooth and wonderful to have.
i love this foundation.

ASHLEY =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2003 9:47:00 PM More reviews by lfrueh

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Gorgeous. The perfect-face-no-effort-when-you-have-to-be-sure foundation. For slightly dry or normal skin it cannot be beat. I use Shell (Nobara #754, Clarins powder foundation in Sand Beige), with a bit of translucent powder to tone down the glow. Great in winter or dry climates. Also a beautiful base for cream blush. I'm torn between saving it for special events and reaching for it every single day because it works so well.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2003 8:01:00 PM More reviews by brandywilliams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found this to be a great foundation for winter when my skin is dry. It blends in easily, dries to a satin finish that I dust lightly with powder, and doesn't accentuate the flakes I sometimes get in colder weather.

The packaging is very san

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2003 5:03:00 PM More reviews by sitcomgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm 42 years old and am almost ready to commit to a foundation. I used to wear Clarins light self-tanner instead of foundation, but it's been discontinued. So I was back on the market, looking for my perfect match. My latest fling was with Armani, which I loved in the store but didn't like when I got home, because it looked like a mask. I gave it another try, with a lighter hand, and liked it again, but felt self-conscious in daylight. After reading some reviews of Vitalumiere, I decided to give it a try, figuring it would be a one-night stand. But two weeks later, I'm still wearing it. I've never worn foundation longer than two days in my life. It looks and feels natural and provides just enough coverage to even out my skin. Could it be I've found the one? P.S. I like a dewy look, but I'm thinking of trying the Armani micro-fil loose powder for that so-called more sophisticated look. I've never bought powder before--always thought it would be too drying. Will I hate it?