Chanel Vitalumiere

3.9

on 6/22/2004 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Great for dry skin. It applies like moisturizer - emollient, smooth, and very comfortable (has a palmitate base rather than dimethicone or PG, both of which dry my skin = flakes). Layers without streaks or fine lines, thank you luminous, hydrating finish. However, those with rough skin (or my forehead) may find the 'glow' heightens texture, pores, etc. I'd recommend above vitalumiere creme, the thick, medium coverage version that flakes in winter. I use Limpide #10 (Asian chanel), alabaster tinged with yellow and peach, a neutral, subtle tone (compared with LM's bright porcelain ivory). The main drawback: this does not cover redness well - too thin for serious rosacea. Not quite HG... *edit 12/04* I purchased US Chanel's Limpide 10/Nude intensity 0.5 and yikes. This is peachy neutral, darker than Asian Chanel's Limpide (lasted 1 yr -daily use). ingredients: water, ethylhexyl palmitate, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, cyclomethicone, talc, caprylic/capric triglyceride, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, propylene glycol, PEG-30 dipolyhydroxystearate, glycerin, butylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, fragrance, methylparaben, disteardimmonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, polyglyceryl-3 beeswax, propylparaben, tocopherol, lecithin, ascorbyl palmitate, glyceryl stearate, alcohol denat., walnut seed, silica, laminaria digitata extract, glyceryl oleate, sodium hyaluronate, aluminum hydroxide, citric acid, sodium metabisulfate, BHT, licorice extract, butylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben. continued >>

on 6/22/2004 2:48:00 AM

I love the texture and the silky effect that gives me a glow. However, I have to constantly blot my face or the foundation would turn into an orange shade. Definately would have to look for a new foundation when this finishes

on 6/18/2004 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Well I let the Chanel counter manager talk me into switching from Chanel Teint Naturel foundation to this one. BIG MISTAKE.!!! I am 47 & she said that my skin didn't look dewy or fresh. Well it wasn't because of my foundation. I switched about 6 months ago to Clarins line of moisturizers - again a BIG MISTAKE!!! Vitalumiere left my skin like an oil slick & I do have dry skin. Further it settled in my pores of which I have very few. I am a firm believer that the freshness & dewyness of your skin is a direct result of how you cleanse your skin & your moisturizering line. I am now back with my beloved Chanel line of moisturizers & will go back to my Teint Naturel foundation. That combo will once again give me my fresh & dewy look that people always noticed. Vitalumiere is not for me!!

on 6/5/2004 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using Chanel foundation (Vitalumiére in Voile ...soft bisque) for years as it gave the closest skin match to date and lovely coverage (between sheer and medium). I'm 50, a brunette MMM with beige/golden skin that's extremely oily. However, I just switched to Lancôme's Adaptive (see my other review) for the summer. When fall/winter comes, I'll have to see if I want a lighter Lancôme Adaptive or I will return to this Chanel My only complaint (as usual) is I'd prefer an unbreakable bottle. I also don't like pumps and square tops; I'd prefer a screw top and simply turning the bottle over onto my finger tip. I dropped the cap and now it won't sit tight onto the pump bottle.

on 5/18/2004 12:28:00 AM

I was dumb enough to buy this when I knew so well that I had super oily skin. This is an oil-based foundation, and I believe it would be great for those with dry skin. This, however, made my skin super oilier than it already is and broke me out. The smell, I couldn't stand it either. I gave it away to my sister who has dry skin. She later said she couldn't use it because of its strong smell.

on 5/12/2004 7:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'm not going to look any further with this foundation. I used to have Diorlight and was very satisfied until I felt the need for a bit more coverage. After hearing all the raves about Chanel foundation, I decided to give Vitalumiere a try. When you first apply it, you get the impression that it's not very pigmented, but as you blend in your skin is transformed into a natural, flawless and glowing heaven. It doesn't look like you're wearing any foundation, but it evens out the skin tone and is a great base for blush and highlighter. I use a foundation brush to smooth it in and blend everything together and the result is totally bright and airbrushed. I guess it's not for oily skins and it needs some powder to set it in as you can feel the oils. I just hope this will still be as great for those hot and humid days. Overall amazing if you're looking for that even, satin, natural finish.

I needed a new summer foundation and found the perfect color match with Vitalumiere Tawny Beige. Goes on smooth and even. Makes my skin feel soft and moisturized. Love the packaging-pump is hygenic. But after an evening out its very greasy and barely there! Good product but would not repurchse($50 USD!!!!)

I read so many excellent reviews for this Chanel product. I was doing some impulsive shopping and decided to give this product a try. At first, I really loved it, but I found out that it doesn't really last that long. At the end of the day, everything on my face still looked relatively okay.. but it wore off on my nose making my nose look redder than the rest of my face.. sigh.. back to my search of perfect foundation

Lovely product with nice dewy finish. Leaves my skin looking beautiful and luminous. Is a better foundation for dry or maturing skin because it is more on the oily side although it says "comedogenity tested" on the back. But is that the same as non-comedogenic? I have rosacea and must be aware of such things, but so far, love this and it does give my skin a youthful glow.

on 4/14/2004 12:48:00 PM

Yes, this is expensive, but Chanel fans don't let price scare them away. Vitalumiere's formula is what you would expect from the luxe Chanel line. It's silky liquid provides light-medium coverage with a dewy touch. I have combination skin and love the feel of this formula. I would recommend it for combination to dry skin types. My skin feels soft, yet never shiny or oily. It blends smoothly and never collects in my large pores. I also use Christian Dior Diorlight, a sheer formula, in the summer. Chanel Vitalumiere Satin Smoothing formula liquid is a fine product. >^,,^<