January 31, 2015 | 1326 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2004 9:51:00 PM More reviews by josiegirl5928

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lovely product with nice dewy finish. Leaves my skin looking beautiful and luminous. Is a better foundation for dry or maturing skin because it is more on the oily side although it says "comedogenity tested" on the back. But is that the same as non-comedogenic? I have rosacea and must be aware of such things, but so far, love this and it does give my skin a youthful glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2004 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Libbycam

Yes, this is expensive, but Chanel fans don't let price scare them away. Vitalumiere's formula is what you would expect from the luxe Chanel line. It's silky liquid provides light-medium coverage with a dewy touch. I have combination skin and love the feel of this formula. I would recommend it for combination to dry skin types. My skin feels soft, yet never shiny or oily. It blends smoothly and never collects in my large pores. I also use Christian Dior Diorlight, a sheer formula, in the summer. Chanel Vitalumiere Satin Smoothing formula liquid is a fine product. >^,,^<

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2004 3:32:00 AM More reviews by dreamer81

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hi guys! Well, i had very recently purchased this foundation. I am used to wearing creme foundation (i love great coverage), but i wanted to try going for a foundation that was liquid, that would offer a nice "glow". I am an asian girl, who uses NC30, and Vitalumiere in shade Cendre 30 is almost a perfect match. The formula is sheer, with *almost* medium coverage - however!! What i love MOST about this foundation is that you can layer it, and it will never ever look too made up. What i like to do is use my concealer first, then use small small amounts of the foundation and rub it into the spots that need more coverage. For overall application, i use a sponge. AWESOME foundation, extremely pricey, great packaging (cute pump), and overall, i'm a very happy purchaser. My ONE complaint, is that this foundation does NOT last a very long time, perhaps 5 hours top. LOVE it!!!! Buy it! :)
*********UPDATED DECEMBER 1 2004****** I've also increased the score from 4/5 to perfect b/c this is my holy grail as of yet! :D*****

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2004 6:17:00 PM More reviews by chi77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got a sample from the counter when I wanted so hard to try this much raved about foundation. I got it months ago and only managed to wear it to church last Sunday. It was practically sticky and I ended up using 4 - 5 facial blotters to get the oil off. By the time I finished blotting my face, the makeup was half off. This has never happened to me. I've used a dozen other foundations and used the same blotters. But it had never got this this bad! It also gave me half a dozen zits. Since the liquid experience is so bad, I can't even imagine how the cream version will turn out. Perhaps good for normal to dry skin, IMO.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2004 4:31:00 PM More reviews by TheaRose

I love almost everything about this foundation - the formula is wonderfully hydrating for my dry winter skin & never gives me flakes, as well as feeling light and natural on. I am acne-prone and have never broken out from this product. The only drawback is that in summer or on oilier days, without powder over the top other people will be able to see their reflection in your face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2004 8:56:00 PM More reviews by PradaPrincess

This is my favourite foundation for winter when my combination skin becomes a little dehydrated (due to climate being drier). Vitalumiere Fluid sits beautifully on top leaving my skin looking luminous and natural looking without enchancing any dry parts. 20 Clair is a perfect match for my fair-medium asian skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2004 11:00:00 AM More reviews by pattyaz

I love this foundation! The MA sent a sample home with me and I went back to buy it two days later. I have normal to dry skin and every foundation I have tried seemed to accentuate little flakes on my skin. This does not! The coverage is medium and the foundation seems to literally melt into your skin. I don't feel like I am wearing makeup, but my skin looks so good. I have heard some people have a hard time with color match, but I am a MAC NC25/N4, LM Warm Ivory and I wear Cameo in this foundation. I will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2004 2:39:00 PM More reviews by tjaksha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product for evenings out-makes my skin look like a movie star's-perfect, glowy, expensive! However-way too oily for warmer months, even in winter I blot w/oil absorbing sheets before powder and blush. I never use it near my eyes-makes everything slide off. -for special occasions-fabulous.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2004 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Jantsik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I guess I'm one of the few guys (if not the only one) reading comments on MakeupAlley :) Anyway, I'm using foundations, since I'm modelling, and I'm used to have a foundation on my face even when I'm not on catwalk. I've been using different ones - Shiseido (very nice indeed), Sisley (quite disturbing) and a few others. I chose to turn to Chanel, and Vitalumiere is a really good foundation - that what I've found. I have a dry skin & the foundation works just perfectly - not too much of the dewy thing, nor too less. And - what's of the biggest importance - I look natural, and people don't even notice I'm wearing a make-up!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2003 3:54:00 AM More reviews by purpledream

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Nice foundation that glides on skin and adds lots of moisture to dry skin. I prefer the creme slightly to this liquid one, but am stuck with the liquid for shade reasons. For some reason, Limpide in the creme is a tad too dark (adds a nice warmth, but I'd rather use bronzers for adding warmth instead of risking looking like I'm wearing a mask). The one thing that kept this from getting a 5 is that I feel that it doesn't last until the end of the day. I don't have much to cover up, thankfully, but sometimes some redness on my cheeks tends to show through after several hours. Still, that's easily explained by it moisturizing properties, which is a worthy exchange for a little wearing away after a while. I take care of it by dusting powder thoughout the day. Problem solved.