July 28, 2014 | 1740 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 8:40:00 PM More reviews by lovesmakeup525

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am rating this as a balm more than a lipstick. Otherwise I would give it a 4 because as much as I love it lipsticks are only 5/HG worthy status if they stay on all day.

I love it though. The colors are so pretty. It moisturizes a lot and gives a fresh colored look, not as heavy as traditional lipstick but quite pigmented. For a balm it stays on long, but for a lipstick it doesn't, my regular lipstick is the Colorstay Lipcolor that can last hours and hours.

Besides for the lasting power, these are the best thing ever. It does last a while but if you eat you will have to reapply, with Colorstay that doesn't happen.

The colors are beautiful, shiny, and pigmented yet thin. It is a great marketing product, the balmy sheerness makes it more everyday and light even in brighter colors. But the colors are quite visible. This will probably be replacing my red Chapstick.

So pretty!! I got mine for 5 each, I do think the traditional price is too high at about 8 dollars apiece.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2012 10:42:00 AM More reviews by scareyj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought a couple of these when they were first released. I really do like these! I have very full lips and sometimes lipstick can accentuate all the lines in my lips. However, these do not and they have good color payoff. Sometimes I layer them over other lipsticks or a lipstain and they look good that way as well. I only buy them when one of my area drugstores has them 40% off. I will definitely be buying more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Ravey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I a few colors when these were released because of the hype, and after trying them quickly went back and bought several more. These are honestly fantastic and entirely live up to the hype. They've pretty much replaced all other lipsticks for me. The formula differs from shade to shade, but in general they are very moisturizing give your lips a very lush sheen without being too wet looking or heavy. My favorite is Candy Apple which is a warm red that applies fairly opaque but can be sheered out. I also love Berry Smoothie which is similar to my own lip color but nicer as well as Pink Truffle, which is a more neutral brown-toned pink. The packing is a bit bulky and cheap looking in my opinion, but I can't really complain otherwise.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2012 2:07:00 AM More reviews by ltnguyener

I purchased two a few days ago, and when I wanted to return them the first time. It first seemed to dry my lips out, and it just looked so dry and flaky. I then tried applying eos lip balm before applying the lip butter, and I was obsessed! It looked perfect. I love not having a weird scent or tasting gross. I am also very glad they have a sticker seal. I now see what's the big rave!(:

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2012 12:37:00 AM More reviews by erinkaulback

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm extremely disappointed with this product, especially considering how much other people seem to like it. The color I got was Strawberry Shortcake which just looked like a nice, ordinary pink in the tube, but on my lips it turned out a very cool-toned, frosty pink that was not at all flattering. On top of the unflattering color, it actually made my lips DRY! Extremely dry. It wasn't at a great price either. I'm so upset, and I'll definitely be returning this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2012 12:15:00 AM More reviews by AllieN

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am in love with this product! I have been looking for the perfect bubblegum pink lip shade for the longest time, and no lipstick or lipgloss really gave me that. Then, I picked one of these up (in Cupcake), and tried it out. Fantastic! It is so moisturizing, it lasted a very long time on my lips, and did NOT leave that really obnoxious line on my bottom lip (ya know, that line that sometimes appears between your lips). I am going and buying another one tomorrow. Def buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2012 8:04:00 PM More reviews by Rubijule

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First off; these are SO overhyped. Like seriously. What is the big deal of a tinted buttery lip balm with that comes with almost no product for eight dollars? I mean I'm not saying they are bad but they are honestly not as great as they are made out to be. They aren't as moisturizing as most lip balms. They aren't as pigmented as a lipstick. Kind of a mixed up version without enough of either. Just buy a Revlon lipstick instead and Nivea Kiss of Moisture. Layer them. Voila! Perfect looking lips without having to sacrifice color *or* moisture. And they don't fade gracefully. They last about 5 minutes. I have Pink Truffle and Raspberry Pie. Pink Truffle; pink toned brown. Gorgeous mlbb on warm or cool skin tones. Raspberry Pie; blue toned fuschia. This one is far more pigmented but is a bit messy.
Pros:
Packaging
Darker shades pigmentaton
Color Range

Cons:
Level of moisture
Level of pigmentation in nude shades
Price (for drugstore)
Overhypedness (lol thats so not a word)

Overall:
I will not repurchase these.

Please Rate!! E> : ) XD

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by KimberlyDoll10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

These were much more pigmented than I expected. Moisturizing properties and longevity is average when compared to other lipsticks. I really like the colors and the feel of them on my lips though. The first hour they are on they look glossy.

I got Raspberry Pie which I have to be careful with; its so pigmented I can end up looking like a clown but its a bright pink that brightens up my face and much more suitable for spring. Cherry Tart is my absolute favorite color. When I wear a light layer of this, its a pink red thats perfect for the daytime. When I add extra layers, its a deeper red- good to wear for when I go out. I do not like crimson red lipsticks that scream "OMG Im wearing makeup!" so its a good color choice for me. I also like that theyre sold at drugstores and the price isnt bad either.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by blackbirdxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

These are so, so, so nice! For the price, they really cannot be beat. They are meant to be somewhat sheer and they are fairly true to color. I really love how moisturizing they are, and the coverage lasts a fairly long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 7:35:00 PM More reviews by toriiimiiin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE these. They have incredible color payoff for a lip butter, and they really are as moisturizing as advertised. I apply lip balm beforehand out of habit, but you really don't need to, to be honest. I have Sweet Tart and Peach Parfait, and they're both amazing. Sweet Tart is a glitterless bright pink that doesn't look garish or too Barbie-like, so it's good for days when you want to wear a bolder lip color than usual but nothing too out-there. Peach Parfait is THE ideal lip color for everyday, or at least for me, as it's quite close to my natural lip color, so it does a great job of enhancing my lips. The only complaint I might have is the glitter in it; after the color has worn off there are little silver glitter pieces left on my lips. >.< But overall this is a fantastic product, and I will definitely purchase again.