April 16, 2014 | 1615 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One by One Volum' Express

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2011 1:39:00 PM More reviews by oxnicoleox3

I love this mascara! I was praying it wouldn't be like the falsies, and it wasn't! It really separates my lashes while thickening them and lengthening them. It makes me look like I have a hundred lashes! It's one of the best mascaras for lower lashes too. It just opens my eyes. I have several mascaras that I rotate and I found myself wanting to use this everyday! Some people say this clumps their lashes, but I think the trick is to apply one coat, and not overdo it. If you keep applying for some time is when it clumps up.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2011 11:21:00 AM More reviews by kaylerina

I've been in love with Lancome Definicils for a few months but at $34 a tube, my budget doesnt allow that type of purchase often as I just bought a new car.
My sister was wearing this - her lashes looked SO long! I asked what she was wearing and she showed me. So I popped into my local Walmart after my beloved Definicils ran out and purchased a tube of this. Normally for my drugstore brand I run to Lashblast but I thought what the heck try something new. Let me tell you, at just under $7 Canadian, this is a pretty good mascara. No flakies after an 8 hour work day and an hour commute both ways.... makes your lashes look very long. I wouldnt say it volumizes a whole lot but the brush gets every lash. For those who need a lengthening and defining mascara and don't want to splurge this is a good choice. I might get the waterproof one as well since summer is in full swing!
*EDIT* Well I have had this for one month and it is really starting to dry out... although my sister's tube is still going strong and hers is about 2 weeks older than mine. I would still re purchase because of the price, and maybe I got unlucky and got one that was already slightly dry. Oh well!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by jkpetite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Purchased yesterday, so far so good. Good results with two coats. Nice volume, the brush pulls thru the clumps, so my lashes are nicely defined. I actually like this better than CG LB. The brush is easier to use and the formula is better. I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Sierra0001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this mascara! This is my second purchase, and plan to be purchasing again once this tube runs out. I love this mascara so much not only because it does what it claims but because it doesn't smear, dries at a good rate (not too slow that I have to worry about leaving the house with wet lashes but not so fast that I can't fix mistakes) and I love that. I'll never replace this with any other mascara. Ever. The volume and length is awesome for my short, stubborn lashes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2011 9:47:00 PM More reviews by librariandiva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow! I was really impressed by how well this works!
I don't usually like to buy drugstore mascaras because the formulas (and the brushes) tend to be cheap and do nothing for my skimpy , straight lashes. I've been loyal to BareEscentuals Buxom mascara for a couple of years now and didn't think I'd find anything that would work as well on my lashes as Buxom does. This one by Maybelline may just replace it. I was attracted to the unique brush at first, and then the claims, thought I'd give it a try since there was a sale at CVS that I took advantage of. It's sold with the brush seperated from the tube so you can appreciate its cute pink rubbery bristles before you plunge it into the tube and make it black forever. It goes on very smooth and clean and does not clump at all! I didn't believe it til I tried it , but the claims are true! Does a great job of seperating every lash and lengthens them impressively. I wouldn't say it curls well, but the I always use a lash curler anyway. Has a perfumey smell but I don't know if all Maybelline mascaras smell like this or if its just this formula. I was surprised because I have been disappointed with every Maybelline mascara I've tried in the past (great lash, the colossal, the falsies) that have made claims of greatness. I think Maybelline has got it right this time. I just hope it sells enough to keep it on the market because I'm definitely going back to this one again and again! I would even say this performs BETTER than Buxom in that I get a much cleaner application overall, no smudges on my lid from the end of the brush (my one criticism of Buxom's brush) . Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 7:49:00 PM More reviews by msitch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very sensitive allergic eyes...very picky about mascaras. This one is a keeper! I usually have to buy waterproof but not in this mascara! The regular is awesome. No flaking, no racoon eyes, etc. It goes on smooth and separates every lash.
Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2011 3:34:00 PM More reviews by hsmluver525

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would like to say I have short, thin lashes. This mascara is amazing. It makes my eyelashes long, it doesn't clump (even after 2-3 coats), and it separates very well. It gives very nice volume too. I don't think I'll ever use anything else, because this is perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by vickybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very pleasantly suprised by this mascara! If you are looking for length and definition and are willing to sacrifice a little bit of volume then definitely give this mascara a try. I have long and somewhat sparse lashes that grow in all different directions. If a mascara formula is too wet or the applicator brush is not defining enough then I am in clump city! I have never had good luck with the newer toothy soft plastic wands, but this one seemed different. I liked the football shaped head (reminded me of MAC Mascara X) and it seemed denser with bristles compared to others I've seen. Well it turns out that this brush works wonders on my lashes! Combs and coats my lashes very well with absolutely no clumpage. I think the formula is pretty average however. I usually use MUFE Smoky Eyes or Too Faced Lash Injection and this has nowhere near the thickness or pigmentation...but the trade off with these mascaras is that my lashes can get spidery and clumpy if I'm not careful. If I take my time and build up 3 coats of One by One then I can get pretty decent volume. I do love this mascara overall though because of the length and definition. Its a great everyday mascara....I'd actually say its a good drugstore dupe for MAC Mascara X! I have not experienced any flaking so far but that is usually not a problem for me with any mascara. If you are looking for big volume and drama I would look elsewhere. I am actually going to try using the wand from One By One in a Falsies tube - that could be amazing!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2011 5:09:00 PM More reviews by ryan1223

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I do like this mascara. I dont think i love it. I use it everyday at the moment. Does not smudge or flake no clumps. But i dont feel like i get enough volume from it the end look is good but i feel it could be better. I would repurchase it cuz i do like it but its not HG material for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2011 11:12:00 PM More reviews by jess517

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ohh, Maybelline. What's wrong with you lately? :( It makes me sad, really...like with The Falsies, I had high expectations for this mascara. And, to my disappointment, it didn't meet them. When I saw the brush, I thought, woww, this is gonna work great!! ...yeah, I thought wrong. I have somewhat long lashes, but this mascara just doesn't make them look great:/ I was expecting it to atleast make em look thick, but it didn't. It just added darkness... As I said on my last mascara review (for The Falsies), i'd rather stick with Colossal Volume Express.That actually works, unlike One by One.

UPDATE: I still had my tube of One by One in my make up bag, so I decided to give it a try yesterday...OMG!! It worked so much differently than before!! My lashes looked amazinggg!! They were long, separated and full!! I don't know exactly what prompted me to try it again, but i'm soo glad I did!! I'll admit it, my first answer was wrong...i'm actually very happy with this mascara. Sorry for the harsh words, Maybelline:)