August 31, 2014 | 1333 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2011 3:47:00 AM More reviews by Thumadre96

I loove this foundation! I have combination/normal skin, which rarely tends to get oily or dry (Im lucky) The texture on this foundation is really nice, creamy, and easy to blend with fingers or a brush. I have medium beige skin tone with warm undertones and the color 200 soft beige matches me perfectly. It doesn't have a lot of color selections so that would be sort of a hassle of you have really light or dark skin. It doesn't oxidize on me and gives a hydrated and satin finish to the skin. Not too matte or dewy which I love! It does literally stay on all day, or for me about 13 hours. I have school and basketball practice afterwards so I move around alot, but this foundation stays on perfectly until the end of the day. Without a doubt its comparable to Revlon Colorstay but its easier to blend, doesn't smell weird and its in a squeeze tube so you don't waste product. Would definitely recommend (:

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by jubjubjulie

Ok, after reading reviews on MUA and finding this foundation on Sale at Shoppers i decided to give it a try. I bought 202 Nude and am usually a MAC NC30 or MUFE 120.
I first tried it yesterday without any primer using a stipple brush. Coverage was really good. After 2 hours on my way out, i looked in my rearview mirror and it oxidized. I was orange! Just call me Snooki! I ran back into the house to wash it off.. It really does stay put as I literally had to scrub to get it all off.
Today I have tried it using primer and with my fingers. I found when I used it with my fingers, coverage wasn't as full, more like a light coverage. Good news was that it is now 4.5 hours later and I am not yet Orange! BUT, it does look a bit streaky where my nose is and under my eyes, it looks a bit cakey.. I gave this 3 lippies because of the staying power without primer, the cost and coverage. Two lippies were taken off because of the oxidation without primer and streaking with primer. Tomorrow I will try to re-apply this with a stipple brush and primer and see how the coverage is and if it lasts.
UPDATE: my foundation oxidized after about 6 hours and then it became streaky! I looked like a Snooki zebra. I am returning this foundation tomorrow!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by eq2008

Maybe I would buy again if they have more shades selections in the future but for now....nothing matches my skintone. I don't like the fact that it doesn't have SPF in it. I like the packaging and the staying power. It lasted throughout the day ...about 8 hours. The 25 hour is kind of pointless because who would want to wear foundation for that long??

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2011 8:49:00 PM More reviews by ppinkrroses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a fail for me for 2 reasons:

1) no color match. I'm an NC15 and the lightest shade was much too dark.

2) way to heavy. But it's a full coverage foundation and I like light coverage, so it's not really surprising I didn't like the coverage.

I got this because I have oily-combo skin, usually more on the oily side, and I wanted a foundation that would last all day. This does, it's just too heavy. I need a LIGHT foundation that lasts all day. I would definilty recommend this though to someone who wants a long wearing full coverage foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by beckyboo12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Rimmel london foundation has left dirty marks on my face that were not easy to get off when i needed, I would not buy this again because its to exspencive for the quality it has 'said' on tv also left my skin dry with few spots apearing.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by sofa86

I really wanted to like this foundation after seeing it on youtube. Rimmel goes on sale quite often so I was excited to get it dirt cheap. I cannot say anything about the lasting power because this will not blend into my skin. I have tried putting this on with my hands, sponges, and various brushes and to no avail. It looks cakey and splotchy even with primers. It also felt very heavy. I left this on to see if it would settle and look better but I came up with the same look after a couple hours. Fix+, powders, I have no clue what else to do so up for swap it goes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2011 8:24:00 PM More reviews by LittleMy17

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is possibly the most amazing value for money of any foundation out there. It has a lovely texture, good coverage without looking cakey or chalky, a natural moist (but not oily, greasy, or slippery) finish, and a generous quantity all for under $10. It really lasts.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2011 7:39:00 PM More reviews by fairygirl28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I would say that this foundation is a fairly good for the drugstore, it is supposed to last 25 hours, but i don't know anyone that wears makeup all day. For me it will last 8 if i'm working and 10 if i'm not working. I did notice however tha it will get patchy if i am doing excess sweating.
The downside to this foundation is the color selection, i got 103 true ivory and it is really orange on me, so i am thinkig that 100 would be a better match for me. I really think that Rimmel should bring out more shades. It is hard to determine the colors in the store because most of the lighter shades look the same in the store, until you can get them home and see the real shade.
Overall i would say that this foundation is good drugstore foundation, it gives medium coverage and lasts quite a while, but i am still on the hunt for my HG foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2011 10:31:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

I am really surprised and pleased with the coverage and finish. If Soft Beige is sold out, then go for True Ivory. It's not as light as you'd think. I know Rimmel foundations tend to run dark for me, and there is a shade between those two that was too tan. It's kind of odd how they have the shades set up and there are so few to begin with. Despite that, it has a very light scent that smells like the Stay Matte pressed powder. It's sort of a light lotion scent and nothing offensive. One ounce for under $7 is a deal. I think I prefer the way this sets on my skin compared to Revlon Colorstay, which we all know is the queen of drugstore foundations. It could be due to a lack of SPF. I don't see any SPF listed on their website or the tube. While it's good to prevent skin cancer, it should be seperate from a foundation because it affects the lasting power. For me that is another plus. Update: This will go on thick if you let it, so use your fingers to warm up the product and really blend it into your skin with a dense buffing brush in order to thin it out. This foundation made me question plenty of my high end purchases. It covers, it sets, it looks natural, and you need less concealer. I reach for it a lot over high end choices because it's so cheap and looks good. It covers in the same way Chanel Perfection Lumiere does, only I feel it's better.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2011 12:27:00 PM More reviews by suzanne1993

I love this foundation! I had been using the Rimmel Stay Matte which gave hardly any coverage so I was super pleased that this foundation had a medium coverage to help cover up my spots and redness. Another good point is I found it really easy to spread across my face and one pump of foundation is enough to cover alot of skin.
It stays really well and can last me throughout the day. Not sure if it lasts a full 25 hours, that's debatable, but it does last throughout a working day!
Not very keen on the packaging for this foundation. I don't like glass bottles and it's hard to get the foundation out with the pump when there's less of the foundation inside. And it can come out really quickly so be careful!
On the plus, the price is really cheap and it gives great coverage for my pale skin so I would recommend to anyone who wants good coverage without being too thick at a good price :)