April 20, 2014 | 928 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2011 6:39:00 PM More reviews by JYCarson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not my absolute favorite but I do like this foundation. It has a primer built in which is nice, one less step. I actually found that when I used a primer plus this, it just didn't look right! Looks better without a separate primer. I have tried many methods of application and the best for me was fingers, this is the only liquid foundation I have ever used that my fingers gave me the best results! The coverage is pretty decent, I would say maybe a little more than medium but not quite full. Color range sucks, I have to mix Ivory and True Ivory together to get a tone and shade that is acceptable. I like the consistency of this but I don't particularly like that it takes a while to dry (stays almost tacky for a while). I find if I set it with powder too early on in the drying stage that it ends up cakey. It does last quite a while, though I wouldn't say for 25 hours. Doesn't quite hold up as well as my beloved Colorstay but it definitely lasts longer that most others I have tried. I do like that I can make the finish look more matte with a setting powder or leave it be to have a bit more of a dewy finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2011 9:48:00 PM More reviews by RobinFace

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Good product. I bought it in Classic Beige and Sand. Sand is slightly darker. It blends nicely, goes on smoothly and stays on a long time.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2011 3:27:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

SELECTED SHADE: sand (NC37 for reference)

PROS

- medium to full coverage
- dewy finish
- moisturizing
- stays on

CONS

- poor shade selection
- hard to blend
- skin gets oily after 4 hours
- packaging

COMMENTS

This is great for the winter months when my skin is dry. If you have combination/oily skin, you will find yourself getting very oily with this. It's a very dewy foundation that takes a couple of minutes to set, so don't apply powder immediately after application or the finish will be ruined. It covers very well, but can be hard to blend so be sure to wear a primer underneath. I'm not too crazy about the packaging because there are times that I accidentally squeeze out too much. The shade selection isn't very impressive, but Sand works very well for my NC37 skin tone. Overall, a nice foundation for dry skin types who want their foundation to last all day...but I will stick to my Revlon ColorStay.

Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2011 6:35:00 AM More reviews by xcandy_eyedx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really, really wanted to like this product. After reading so many positive reviews on here I was hopeful that I'd finally found a foundation to last throughout the day on my oily skin, this however was not the case.
Firstly, and I know it's been said before, the shade selection is terrible, I normally wear NC15 so went for 100 Ivory. The first morning I put the foundation on using a stipple brush and set it with my MAC powder in NC20, it looked great and I liked the way it sets with a slightly dewy finish. Fast forward to lunchtime and I went to check how my foundation was doing, I was actually surprised to see that I had minimal shine along my nose and cheeks (this is normally the oiliest area) all I needed was a little blotting. However the colour seemed to have gotten darker and a little "dirty" looking. I just put it down to the horrific florescent lighting we have in the bathrooms at school and went about the rest of my day.
At about 5:30pm I had another little check, this time in my car where there was plenty of natural light and oh wow, I was ORANGE! The colour of my face no longer matched the colour of my neck and my face looked positively filthy. My make-up looked like it was sitting on top of my skin, even my boyfriend made a comment about me looking like an Umpa Lumpa.
The next morning however I decided to give the foundation another go, this time I used much less and mixed it with a tiny amount of Studio Fix in NC15. The colour seemed like a better match and the oilyness seemed to hold out until slightly later as well.

All in all this is an OK foundation, if you've got combination/dry skin and a slightly darker skin tone I feel like this would probably be a great product. Unfortunately being fair with oily skin this did absolutely nothing for me, I won’t use up the bottle and I definitely won’t repurchase. What a shame.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2011 12:55:00 PM More reviews by playsomevinyl

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent drugstore foundation! I tend to wear/buy only high end foundations because of the color match, but decided to try this one based on all the great reviews on MUA. I have to say, this product is definitely on par w/ a lot of high end foundations! Coverage is on the lighter side of medium with a very light texture. The scent is light and fresh. Best part of all is that I was able to find an exact color match in Ivory for my NC15-20 coloring! I love this and will continue using this in rotation with my other foundations. Best drugstore discovery in years!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2011 4:16:00 PM More reviews by urgirlclb17

This is a REALLY good foundation. Definitely one of the best drug store foundations out there (i'm also a fan of Revlon's Colorstay). This foundation gives great coverage and feels light weight. I have been using it for 2 years now and probably will continue to buy it since its a bit cheaper than Colorstay and does'nt dry as fast. Rimmel is starting to become my favorite drug store makeup brand, they have great mascaras too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2011 12:38:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm so impressed and in love with Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation!! I purchased Ivory-100 (the lightest shade possible) and it is a fantastic match to my complexion with no pink undertones. For reference I wear MAC NC15, Revlon Buff, L'Oreal N1, Almay Buff, and Cover Girl Classic Ivory.
This foundation provides a medium to almost full coverage, but could easily be blended out for lighter coverage. I have tried both a m/u brush, my fingers, and a sponge and achieved great results with each. Sets relatively quickly and provides a satiny to almost matte finish. I use MAC's Prep + Prime translucent powder to set the foundation and it wore exceptionally well throughout the day with minimal blots and/or powderings needed. Never oxidized, seperated on my face or looks cakey. I have not had any breakouts, irritations, or clogged pores either. I personally just love this long wearing foundation and when ever I wear it I always receive compliments on my complexion, compared to other foundations and/or tinted moisturizers I enjoy using from my little collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2011 12:04:00 AM More reviews by lucamom

I love the shades and the coverage of this foundation. Unfortunately it made me break out terribly. I was so disappointed because it really is great foundation!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by PurpleCupcake87

Previously had used the original lasting finish for 16 hour wear. Was very good with lasting power, and color match but over time got drying. Since this 25 hour one claims to be more moisturizing I decided to give it a shot. I really really like it but can't see this working in the summer months. But now for the winter and spring its working great. The fragrance is a bit out there but fades as soon as it dries. Very camera friendly (: and had medium to full coverage. I prefer using my 187 or a flat buffer brush. 187 gives more natural coverage and the buffer brush gives more going out coverage. It is a squeeze tube so once you get product out that's it, So I take a little at a time to prevent wasting. The finish is way more Dewey then the 16 hour wear one, but the more I use Dewey foundations the more I like them. If I feel like looking matte I just top it off with a matte powder. I don't have that option with an already matte foundation it could only get more matte and that's not a good look for my face. So all in all I give this a 4 just because I wish it could be a year round foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2011 9:10:00 AM More reviews by JWILLS

I ADORE this stuff! I have always been a Revlon ColorStay person and tried this becasue it was recommended on beautybroadcast ( though she also did recommend Cover Girl Perfect Point liner...that I hated!) I love, love, love this foundation. I have never gotten so many complements on my make up. It really does stay on great ( I set with Makeup Artist Choice Mineral powder). I use the lightest shade and it does look pretty dark in the tube. I was very skeptial when I bought but I apply with a damp sponge and it matches great. My new HG!!!!!!!!! I am just now starting to use Rimmel products.and am starting to fall in love.......